dewguru

[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 18FEB20

4 hours ago, hazecloud said:

This fix works fine for me. Anyway I want to thank you for this mod, it's very refreshing to have rpg elements into this game. Without any further ado, here's a bit of my 2 cents suggestions take it or read it :)

<SNIP>Lot's of stuff</SNIP>

Interesting read.

I'll say that I find a couple things you posted to be interesting. Some things are along the lines of actual plans that exist. Others are things that I've no plans on touching, at least in the fashion that you've presented them.

I don't really do religions. While once a long time ago, Dark World included a religion, it was something that another individual donated enough of the code, that I was willing to do the additional work to fit it in.

Dark World has been around long enough that I also found that it's getting rarer for ideas to really seem new to me, but I've got to admit, that cooking prisoners and feeding them to your population definitely fits the 'new and surprising' check box. I've not played a cannibal ruler, but it seems like that, or a non-human type ruler could potentially get away with some kind of approach.

There are plans for more progression like events in areas you've mentioned, but I don't think I thought of a grand inn massage option. I like it.

So you've given me a few things to ponder. 👍

On 2/13/2020 at 2:30 PM, dewguru said:

No. However, if you look through the Game Rules, you can turn off the Heroes and Villains content.

I meant the other way around. Like could we have Heroes and Villains to play without Dark World?

11 minutes ago, TriggerBlade said:

I meant the other way around. Like could we have Heroes and Villains to play without Dark World?

There are other options that still achieve this. Don't want vampires and werewolves, turn off Classical Monsters for example.

You don't have to have one of the Dark World Campaign starts (that give you a special racial trait), there is an option to have nothing there as well.

Give me a specific example, and if it's a case where a rule isn't blocking some kind of content, I can fix it, or potentially even create a new rule to if necessary.

I myself usually play with a Heroes and Villains focus. I leave the other content enabled, but I use the none option for the Campaign start, so I'm just a human ruler making a Hero or Villain decision. That means outside of the events where Vlad or Fenris are growing, or the occasional vampire random event, I don't see much else, and by disabling the Classical Monsters, it should eliminate even that.

8 hours ago, dewguru said:

Interesting read.

I'll say that I find a couple things you posted to be interesting. Some things are along the lines of actual plans that exist. Others are things that I've no plans on touching, at least in the fashion that you've presented them.

I don't really do religions. While once a long time ago, Dark World included a religion, it was something that another individual donated enough of the code, that I was willing to do the additional work to fit it in.

Dark World has been around long enough that I also found that it's getting rarer for ideas to really seem new to me, but I've got to admit, that cooking prisoners and feeding them to your population definitely fits the 'new and surprising' check box. I've not played a cannibal ruler, but it seems like that, or a non-human type ruler could potentially get away with some kind of approach.

There are plans for more progression like events in areas you've mentioned, but I don't think I thought of a grand inn massage option. I like it.

So you've given me a few things to ponder. 👍

If I can I would really want someone to point me a mod where the word religion itself is changed to theology / obligation / morality / principle / ethic / adaptation etc. I'm happy that you see it that way, just for reading this too because I'm just trying to brainstorm you some ideas because your mod is really versatile it works well with other 100 mods that I use. 

I found the event where mass execution method would be "cooking them up for soup tonight" not sure which mod though but it was like acceptable without any negative or positive effect (other than opinion modifier maybe) so if you can cook them for your vampire / werewolf / other races in general..

It may be tied to a trait, like bloodlust periodic trait where you get heightened sense for vampire / werewolf so they're no longer lusting for kills, add 1 diplomacy. / Gain Charitable trait

A vampire with a high intrigue skill can possibly get a lot of blood extracted from prisoners because blood is not needed for cooking flavor right. If you chain event, a chance to increase court opinion of vampires and maybe a province trait "sympathy for vampires" where peasants would donate blood for their beloved ruler, after all donating blood is good in real life.

Final grand inn province upgrade can give an option in grand inn intrigue menu where you can invite your appointed commanders / warrior traits to the inn fight club where they can fight for a chance to get personal combat skill / wounded. High intrigue option for player to rig the fight so they may get severely wounded and a low chance of death. Player should also do this, a chance to get personal combat skill is because it might be overpowered if it's guaranteed. Player can get chain event where a female is impressed so we get a one night stand with a low chance to get her as a lover or she gives a massage. A bit of romantic suggestion for the one night - I lifted her up, smack her on the bad. She gets furious "What was that for for?!". I slowly come up to her and say "I apologize, sometimes I can be a bit of an asshole". Slowly she embraces me and we kissed. *Chuckles*"Apologies are good", I said. We stares each other intently and she says "nothing else to apologize for?". This is the easter egg for Never Back Down 2008 movie.

A chance for an event - get opinion +10 (massaged me) or (gives massage) give advice periodic trait when player meet one of their hero / villain and they discuss about military/realm/training etc upon visiting grand inn via intrigue menu. 

You can expand the rape to fingering frenzy as feeding for vampire or just to avoid prisoners being lonely. 

You may expand Elder Forest Empire (Dark World - Serpent Expansion mod) every option is working (didn't pick exotic slaves yet) so you can either use this or China Jade Dragon for the reformation / revolutionary war for vampire or werewolf that cost maybe 3000 grace? - Spawn 20k troop no monthly cost. 

Intrigue menu for hero / villain go on a mission or event trigger chance during war if player is not leading troops where you save or do not waste blood of dying people. 

Mission - infiltrate enemy province so player troop can siege faster due to enemy soldiers being eliminated in the mission. Chance to fail - wounded, detonate enemy supplies and retreat so enemy will get attrition penalty. Hero / villain may die - individual hero villain or general picture e.g never-dead-death-battle-knights-fantasy-

20 hours ago, hazecloud said:

Reform religion for every race, for example the beyond heresy mod. Orc opinion + modifier based on personal combat skill, prisoners get slave trait obey orc with +50 opinion modifier / will accept court invitation if released. Transform into Golem on battlefield (during war) (see dojutsu 2.5b at workshop for reference).

Neko reform religion - Slothful, gluttonous value changed to +. When a regent takes over removes every negative modifier like incapable, lunatic etc, 9 uses in a lifetime. 

Kitsune reform religion - absorb fertility option diplomacy within range or grab a baby make it your own heir. Get two gold for every prisoners released. Holy divorce (no cost needed)

Werewolf reform religion - Hunt wounded characters to absorb life force, higher chance if severely injured. Transform into werewolf on battlefield Wolf's Fury - gets +20 opinion bonus for everyone living in winter terrain. Transform into Gargoyle (google gargoyle rakion for reference) on battlefield.

Vampire reform religion - Remove sexual diseases for player only bloodline or vampire. Buy blood bags, unholy abortion - remove pregnancy. 

While this could be added to Dark World Reborn, there already are mods that are actively dedicated to this very content, including Luxuria Fantasia, Tale of Nine Tails, etc. These mods are already farther ahead in terms of content and focus, and you can safely use them with DWR too. 

Personally, I like DWR's scope on smaller details in sexual intimacy between characters, and I would like to see more content in that direction. Events of kidnapping, or raping and pillaging while raiding, female player character undergoing molestation etc., which were awfully common in dark ages would be great. The other mod that adds this kind of things, Dark World Extras, is very buggy and unfinished.

Hello someone please help me. 

I was playing with this mod with FULL CK 2 addons on older version. 

I reinstalled the game and its version is 2.4.1 and now It crashes at startup after showing CK 2 logo. ( I deleted all save games + this mode and re-extracted this mode in Mods folder in my document CK 2 mod folder.) 

Game starts without any problem without this modification. 

Someone please help me :(

As it seems I have old version of the game. I will reinstall it to newer one.

11 hours ago, jim raynor said:

While this could be added to Dark World Reborn, there already are mods that are actively dedicated to this very content, including Luxuria Fantasia, Tale of Nine Tails, etc. These mods are already farther ahead in terms of content and focus, and you can safely use them with DWR too. 

Personally, I like DWR's scope on smaller details in sexual intimacy between characters, and I would like to see more content in that direction. Events of kidnapping, or raping and pillaging while raiding, female player character undergoing molestation etc., which were awfully common in dark ages would be great. The other mod that adds this kind of things, Dark World Extras, is very buggy and unfinished.

Yes, these mods work so well I thought they're on each other's team. The event feels great even though it's not a chance event, so that it doesn't conflict with other mods. I'm playing mods separately though, like I will only enable dark world for werewolf gameplay and disable house of irae / tales of nine tails. So is this okay or will I be missing some interactions?

2 hours ago, hazecloud said:

I'm playing mods separately though, like I will only enable dark world for werewolf gameplay and disable house of irae / tales of nine tails. So is this okay or will I be missing some interactions?

Actually both DWR and Lusuria Fasntasia/House Irae etc mods are actively made to be compatible with each other. You can play them together, since LF does not yet touch Werewolf stuff. All you could see is two instances of Vampire attacks etc, but they can be turned off from LF side.

4 hours ago, jim raynor said:

Actually both DWR and Lusuria Fasntasia/House Irae etc mods are actively made to be compatible with each other. You can play them together, since LF does not yet touch Werewolf stuff. All you could see is two instances of Vampire attacks etc, but they can be turned off from LF side.

That's nice, guess I'll get to turn on more mod then :)

15 hours ago, Doug-E-Fresh said:

Can someone help me get this mod running, I'm fairly new to modding. after downloading and extracting the files to my mod folder it will appear to be working in the game rules, but when I get in game none of the intrigue decisions show up. 

What intrigue options are you expecting right away? If you have the Heroes and Villain content enabled - and you're seeing it in the Game Rules, then you should see an option to become a Hero or a Villain.

If you're choosing a special campaign start (which is largely a fancy way of just giving yourself a racial trait at the start), then you should have a related item to that.

Outside of that, nothing else will show up without you building things or doing other actions.

Also - some options aren't in the intrigue decision menu, but are instead character decisions. For example, if you're married or you've a wife, right click on their portrait to see options related to them, and you should see a Spend Time With option.

intrigue menu trigger for werewolf hunting or event chance - Vial of blood given from good stat physician, has at least +10 opinion of you. Something along the line 'before you proceed to look at the moon, physician knocked at your door' that can be used to settle for a peaceful blood feud encounter.

hunting wildlife possible to encounter and fight yeti “yeet!”

hunting human as werewolf if failed has a chance to click or auto trigger transforming into a raging cerebrus and proceed to duel everyone in court until player is dead or a chance to turn normal again but lose werewolf blood/ stat cooldown in process. If survived can get sad and exhausted trait. Other raging cerebrus trigger option is to wreck havoc and cause a high revolt risk province modifier. If werewolf has a rank, demote back to first rank or make the trait dormant for 1 year.

When going on a hunt (intrigue menu) chance to encounter high rank werewolf in their human form (maybe target someone from realm) and discuss about blood feud, gain an ally so if blood feud fight fail can escape without getting wounded or ally werewolf dies (alternative -target a random character with wolf trait to die)

if failed to negotiate - become werewolf toy (didn't play this option yet) / rape trauma / must join their war (check join any war mod) / 30 days regency 'in hiding' (hunting as a pack)

I found the chance for random trigger event via intrigue menu in great trade league mod (going to market intrigue menu)

Bloody valentine via lover’s decision/during war/event) Requirement - month greater than january, lover is a vampire, lover is lustful

Target random/ selectable province get depopulation/ heavy long negative province modifier for 2 year (bloody valentine).

Deduct 100 prestige,  3-6 random realm characters die. Text suggestion – dating / romance / blood drinking / white rose dipped in blood gift

Vampire hunting may get bloodseeker/nightstalker/van helsing encounter if failed to negotiate -  fight or run (craven chance). Encounter wolverine after blood hunting

Unstable energy explosion event – requirement player age is 40, has a lunatic trait, high health point. Kills up to 5 characters nearby  so if in war it would trigger death for that province instead.

Arena – chance for wife / lover get mad and ask to go home. -5 furious, they may get envious, this could not be avoided if player is craven / related trait and option to dismiss her properly.

If you’re doing divine being – gain wings to fly anywhere within range  and arrive together with soldiers (any amount) combo for necromancy / explosion skill

Final explosion skill – Kill courtiers at player’s location randomly, get severely injured.

When shopping can buy simple things like eggs for scrambled eggs breakfast with spouse, can hold a feast if got enough amount, cooking recipes with a random chance to create ghost/ evil spirit if fail. Cooking contest. 

I like potion stuff there should be a set a trap for potion experiment, like glutton trait would likely take the bait or totally random character. Last but not least, player should be able to perform experiments on prisoners. This way herb garden or hermetic ingredients would have uses and it's reasonable to give fund for physician to upgrade their surgery kit. Best wishes for your mod!

Alright, I've got another small update just about ready. I'll be play testing it tomorrow before posting it.

Here is the change log for what will be coming.

v1.75 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Brothel/Bordello overhaul work continued
    - More events
    - Tweaked Belle slightly
    - Some image tweaks, such as a new background, slightly larger images, some image replacements. (great thanks to Drax70 for contributions)
    - Removed the annual health loss for vampires.
    - Fixed (maybe - untested) an issue where Belle was not joining as a lover when the lover option was chosen.
    - Fixed an issue where you would become a prostitute instead of your slave (thx Drax70)
    - Fixed an issue with properly recognizing some buildings that were built in a family palace (thx Aasimar)
    - Fixed an issue where you could target yourself with the Make a Prostitute targeted decision (players should use the normal intrigue decision to become one if they so desire). This would circumvent a flag that could leave you with no events when trying to work at the brothel.

Potential issue:  Luxuria Fantasia has lf_futa  while your mod has "futa" as traits.  In order to trigger futa events for BOTH mods,  futa NPC's would need to have both traits.  Luxuria Fantasia has lf_futa  while DewGuru's mod has "futa" as traits.  In order to trigger futa events for BOTH mods,  futa NPC's would need to have both traits.   

For instance LF's futa NPC's like Brielle won't trigger futa events in Dark World Reborn nor be part of the bordello futa events if she's designated as a prostitute for bordello events. 

I was able to test that out on a demoness NPC that was spawned in LF but didn't have the "futa" trait from DWR but had the "lf_futa" trait from LF...I fixed that by consoling "add_trait futa (NPC ID)" to the demoness. 

That triggered futa events in both LF and DWR.  (might be a little messy as I copy pasted from the LF thread)

3 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Potential issue:  Luxuria Fantasia has lf_futa  while your mod has "futa" as traits.  In order to trigger futa events for BOTH mods,  futa NPC's would need to have both traits. 

Both mods do have different trait names, and they do in a number of areas. Another example is mages.

However, both traits should not be required. Lockeslylcrit and I worked out something that should allow things to work across mods, with the only issue being we may need to update areas in our code. If you (or someone) can provide a specific example of content in DWR that isn't recognizing lf_futa, let me know and I'll take a look at it. It's very likely I've simply overlooked an area. Same thing if there is a spot in LF that isn't recognizing futa, then let Lockeslylcrit know.

10 hours ago, Doug-E-Fresh said:

I'm also only seeing the new body traits tits, dick, virgin.

If you can see Dark World Reborn related game rules before you begin a new game, then the mod is working.

Since you are also able to see the new body traits, (which are all there are in the mod) the mod is working. Check your game rules to see which DWR content you have actually enabled. Can you see "Spend Time With" option when you right click on your wife/husband's portrait? If you can, the mod is working properly. There really isn't anything that complicated in getting the mods working, just .mod file and the mod folder being put in my documents/paradox interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mods. You are already doing that part correctly.

Chances are you are just disabling some content using in game rules.

It appears that we're getting a vast new influx of CK2 players, judging by all of the 'how do I install' messages. I suppose it is to be expected since the game went free to play a few months back.

I've gone ahead and posted on the main page some mod installation instructions, with screen shots that can be viewed now.

New version posted, new work already under way.

I feel like it's been awhile since I've added a real sizable number of events, so that's going to be my main focus this time around (adding new events), with some of those including some new werewolf and vampire content, as well as a lot more.

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

New version posted, new work already under way.

I feel like it's been awhile since I've added a real sizable number of events, so that's going to be my main focus this time around (adding new events), with some of those including some new werewolf and vampire content, as well as a lot more.

The new update is great! Thanks for staying with this mod.

Will the new content possibly reintroduce the feral werewolf and masquerade ball vampire event chains?

3 hours ago, sochobbit said:

How do vampires have babies? They have massive negative fertility for me.

They typically don't, but a -100 to fertility can be overcome with other traits, the proper focus, and other events that give fertility modifiers.

3 hours ago, theliddtin said:

The new update is great! Thanks for staying with this mod.

Will the new content possibly reintroduce the feral werewolf and masquerade ball vampire event chains?

I'm hoping to get some form of it in the game. It was originally based on a werewolf council idea that never came to realization, so I'm going to have to update parts of it, but something akin to it is presently in the plans for the next update.