[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

On 2/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, NathanTheBloody1 said:

Hey there i'm trying to install this mod but I don't know if its the zip opener im using or if things aren't all there. is there any certain zip opener I should use so I can play with the mod?

If no one answered this yet, there is a program call 7-Zip that you'd want to use. It's free and pretty robust.

That aside, I suppose I can make folks lives easier if I begin using a .zip extension. If I get a similar compression then I'll look to make the next release in that format.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:45 AM, Engelstein said:

So I've been thinking about this for all of five minutes so I apologize if it's dumb but any chance of adding X-23 as a hero? I was thinking she could only be available to find if you're focused on hunting. Either she appears during the regular white stag/bear/wolf event or just a random, you come across her as she's feral and you can either talk to her or leave her alone if you're not interested. Maybe she steals a kill from you at the last second? Then you can bring her back with you and have her come around, I was thinking something similar to the Red Queen event where she comes to you, stating she wants the alpha male. Something about your scent triggers her, you then breed her and keep her as a lover or marry her. I'd do my own little mod add-on but I have no clue about coding. Just a suggestion I thought up.

More heroes and villains will be arriving. I usually determine who comes in next simply based on an image that catches my eye among the ones I've gathered. There are some X-23 images, so there is a chance of her being included in the future.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:06 PM, Celedhring said:

Hi Dewguru!

I selected the Werewolf's Toy at the game rules and got a popup of Fenrir claiming my character as his bitch.  But I haven't seen anything else.  I checked the werewolf events and quite a few are set to ai=yes (as not to hit human player)  Is there more to it than that for a human player character?

Hrm. I thought there was more, although it may have been in the original Dark World. I'm going to be going through my old code and pulling over some events that didn't make Reborn initially, like the feral werewolf event. I'll take a look to see if I've any alpha/bitch events that I can pull over as well.

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

Hrm. I thought there was more, although it may have been in the original Dark World. I'm going to be going through my old code and pulling over some events that didn't make Reborn initially, like the feral werewolf event. I'll take a look to see if I've any alpha/bitch events that I can pull over as well.

Nice! 

What I remember from the original Dark World was Fenris randomly dominating female rulers.

Reborn has this mechanic, but it is instead a Fenris "encounter" that hasn't yet been fleshed out--currently it is very similar to the original Dark World mechanic.

Thanks for taking the time to go over your old material--it was really diligent of you to put comments in your own code about where certain unfinished paths were going to lead, so I've always been curious about where things would end up.

2 hours ago, Aasimar said:

@dewguru

Hi,

atm i play as Venice

I have a Wizard Tower in the Palace and one in the Barony,

works fine as a Feudal Lord

Can you build a grand inn at your family palace and see if you can visit it?

If not, then my only guess would be that a capital scope doesn't work for family palace type buildings.

Hello, I'm currently playing a game with a friend and we noticed that vampire children tend to not live past 2-3 years old (they die of poor health). Does this tie in vampire children being unable to feed? Either way, we had to start a new game since neither of us could have viable children.

23 minutes ago, Blooda said:

Hello, I'm currently playing a game with a friend and we noticed that vampire children tend to not live past 2-3 years old (they die of poor health). Does this tie in vampire children being unable to feed? Either way, we had to start a new game since neither of us could have viable children.

Yes, most likely. I've been planning on removing the annual health loss, but was going to do it when I went through the vampire content as a whole. I'll disable it in the next update, which should be coming out later this weekend.

8 hours ago, Aasimar said:

@dewguru

Oh, i didnt even notice, no you cant visit the Inn :/

The solution would be to put those buildings into a town i guess...next patch maybe?? :)

The next patch will have a fix that will hopefully work.

Edit: pretty certain I've got a fix. If you're willing to test it out, can you drop the attached file in \mod\Dark World Reborn\common\scripted_triggers?

dw_building_scripted_triggers.txt

37 minutes ago, jicano said:

Stupid question...

How do I install this mod? I'm tempted to just drag and drop the files into the CK2 folder, but considering how long it takes to download CK2, I dont want to risk messing up my install.

This very question is answered on this page, 5th post (assuming this forum pages the same for everyone).

You can also see manual mod installation covered here: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Mods

All in all, while what you're asking has been answered so many times, multiple results should show up from a search - you're still wise for asking, as just dropping it in your CK2 folder wouldn't have done anything for you.

5 minutes ago, dewguru said:

This very question is answered on this page, 5th post (assuming this forum pages the same for everyone).

You can also see manual mod installation covered here: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Mods

All in all, while what you're asking has been answered so many times, multiple results should show up from a search - you're still wise for asking, as just dropping it in your CK2 folder wouldn't have done anything for you.

Thanks

5 hours ago, dewguru said:

The next patch will have a fix that will hopefully work.

Edit: pretty certain I've got a fix. If you're willing to test it out, can you drop the attached file in \mod\Dark World Reborn\common\scripted_triggers?

dw_building_scripted_triggers.txt 7.98 kB · 0 downloads

This fix works fine for me. Anyway I want to thank you for this mod, it's very refreshing to have rpg elements into this game. Without any further ado, here's a bit of my 2 cents suggestions take it or read it :)

Chance for an event to cook prisoners for the poor (preferably at least 5 prisoner) to increase province's prosperity / tax modifier bonus / diplomacy stat. Fail = revolt risk 5% 

Late game nuke (insert power name) for 5th heir of a bloodline or live up to 150 years able to get - Nearby enemy armies will suffer heavy attrition like corruption or radiation. 

Justice league society or suicide squad via intrigue menu just like wizard tower. = Can get missions, get rewards for plot asked to be abandoned, release prisoner for realm positive opinion (may fail), "extract prisoners" for random technology point (may fail), change way of life focus to get protection for 1 year (if you get killed = hero/villain die for you instead)

Reform religion for every race, for example the beyond heresy mod. Orc opinion + modifier based on personal combat skill, prisoners get slave trait obey orc with +50 opinion modifier / will accept court invitation if released. Transform into Golem on battlefield (during war) (see dojutsu 2.5b at workshop for reference).

Neko reform religion - Slothful, gluttonous value changed to +. When a regent takes over removes every negative modifier like incapable, lunatic etc, 9 uses in a lifetime. 

Kitsune reform religion - absorb fertility option diplomacy within range or grab a baby make it your own heir. Get two gold for every prisoners released. Holy divorce (no cost needed)

Werewolf reform religion - Hunt wounded characters to absorb life force, higher chance if severely injured. Transform into werewolf on battlefield Wolf's Fury - gets +20 opinion bonus for everyone living in winter terrain. Transform into Gargoyle (google gargoyle rakion for reference) on battlefield.

Vampire reform religion - Remove sexual diseases for player only bloodline or vampire. Buy blood bags, unholy abortion - remove pregnancy. 

Anyway I just realized that those are probably not from your mod lol, but I like your wizard tower it has that sense of progressing accomplishment. I find one of the picture to be quite scary. I like every portraits, it breathes new life and feels immersive. 

Add massage for grand inn, bounty hunt board list if you want to expand hunting animals / hero vs villain / blood feud related 

Acquire bloodstone artifact - effect - kill counter requirement reached = ability to be reborn as a 20 years old upon death or commit suicide. Probably should be upon incapable/infirm.

Hero / villain that like you enough gives a sandwich/kiss when player has a negative health modifier. 

4 hours ago, hazecloud said:

This fix works fine for me. Anyway I want to thank you for this mod, it's very refreshing to have rpg elements into this game. Without any further ado, here's a bit of my 2 cents suggestions take it or read it :)

<SNIP>Lot's of stuff</SNIP>

Interesting read.

I'll say that I find a couple things you posted to be interesting. Some things are along the lines of actual plans that exist. Others are things that I've no plans on touching, at least in the fashion that you've presented them.

I don't really do religions. While once a long time ago, Dark World included a religion, it was something that another individual donated enough of the code, that I was willing to do the additional work to fit it in.

Dark World has been around long enough that I also found that it's getting rarer for ideas to really seem new to me, but I've got to admit, that cooking prisoners and feeding them to your population definitely fits the 'new and surprising' check box. I've not played a cannibal ruler, but it seems like that, or a non-human type ruler could potentially get away with some kind of approach.

There are plans for more progression like events in areas you've mentioned, but I don't think I thought of a grand inn massage option. I like it.

So you've given me a few things to ponder. ?

11 minutes ago, TriggerBlade said:

I meant the other way around. Like could we have Heroes and Villains to play without Dark World?

There are other options that still achieve this. Don't want vampires and werewolves, turn off Classical Monsters for example.

You don't have to have one of the Dark World Campaign starts (that give you a special racial trait), there is an option to have nothing there as well.

Give me a specific example, and if it's a case where a rule isn't blocking some kind of content, I can fix it, or potentially even create a new rule to if necessary.

I myself usually play with a Heroes and Villains focus. I leave the other content enabled, but I use the none option for the Campaign start, so I'm just a human ruler making a Hero or Villain decision. That means outside of the events where Vlad or Fenris are growing, or the occasional vampire random event, I don't see much else, and by disabling the Classical Monsters, it should eliminate even that.

8 hours ago, dewguru said:

Interesting read.

I'll say that I find a couple things you posted to be interesting. Some things are along the lines of actual plans that exist. Others are things that I've no plans on touching, at least in the fashion that you've presented them.

I don't really do religions. While once a long time ago, Dark World included a religion, it was something that another individual donated enough of the code, that I was willing to do the additional work to fit it in.

Dark World has been around long enough that I also found that it's getting rarer for ideas to really seem new to me, but I've got to admit, that cooking prisoners and feeding them to your population definitely fits the 'new and surprising' check box. I've not played a cannibal ruler, but it seems like that, or a non-human type ruler could potentially get away with some kind of approach.

There are plans for more progression like events in areas you've mentioned, but I don't think I thought of a grand inn massage option. I like it.

So you've given me a few things to ponder. ?

If I can I would really want someone to point me a mod where the word religion itself is changed to theology / obligation / morality / principle / ethic / adaptation etc. I'm happy that you see it that way, just for reading this too because I'm just trying to brainstorm you some ideas because your mod is really versatile it works well with other 100 mods that I use. 

I found the event where mass execution method would be "cooking them up for soup tonight" not sure which mod though but it was like acceptable without any negative or positive effect (other than opinion modifier maybe) so if you can cook them for your vampire / werewolf / other races in general..

It may be tied to a trait, like bloodlust periodic trait where you get heightened sense for vampire / werewolf so they're no longer lusting for kills, add 1 diplomacy. / Gain Charitable trait

A vampire with a high intrigue skill can possibly get a lot of blood extracted from prisoners because blood is not needed for cooking flavor right. If you chain event, a chance to increase court opinion of vampires and maybe a province trait "sympathy for vampires" where peasants would donate blood for their beloved ruler, after all donating blood is good in real life.

Final grand inn province upgrade can give an option in grand inn intrigue menu where you can invite your appointed commanders / warrior traits to the inn fight club where they can fight for a chance to get personal combat skill / wounded. High intrigue option for player to rig the fight so they may get severely wounded and a low chance of death. Player should also do this, a chance to get personal combat skill is because it might be overpowered if it's guaranteed. Player can get chain event where a female is impressed so we get a one night stand with a low chance to get her as a lover or she gives a massage. A bit of romantic suggestion for the one night - I lifted her up, smack her on the bad. She gets furious "What was that for for?!". I slowly come up to her and say "I apologize, sometimes I can be a bit of an asshole". Slowly she embraces me and we kissed. *Chuckles*"Apologies are good", I said. We stares each other intently and she says "nothing else to apologize for?". This is the easter egg for Never Back Down 2008 movie.

A chance for an event - get opinion +10 (massaged me) or (gives massage) give advice periodic trait when player meet one of their hero / villain and they discuss about military/realm/training etc upon visiting grand inn via intrigue menu. 

You can expand the rape to fingering frenzy as feeding for vampire or just to avoid prisoners being lonely. 

You may expand Elder Forest Empire (Dark World - Serpent Expansion mod) every option is working (didn't pick exotic slaves yet) so you can either use this or China Jade Dragon for the reformation / revolutionary war for vampire or werewolf that cost maybe 3000 grace? - Spawn 20k troop no monthly cost. 

Intrigue menu for hero / villain go on a mission or event trigger chance during war if player is not leading troops where you save or do not waste blood of dying people. 

Mission - infiltrate enemy province so player troop can siege faster due to enemy soldiers being eliminated in the mission. Chance to fail - wounded, detonate enemy supplies and retreat so enemy will get attrition penalty. Hero / villain may die - individual hero villain or general picture e.g never-dead-death-battle-knights-fantasy-

20 hours ago, hazecloud said:

Reform religion for every race, for example the beyond heresy mod. Orc opinion + modifier based on personal combat skill, prisoners get slave trait obey orc with +50 opinion modifier / will accept court invitation if released. Transform into Golem on battlefield (during war) (see dojutsu 2.5b at workshop for reference).

Neko reform religion - Slothful, gluttonous value changed to +. When a regent takes over removes every negative modifier like incapable, lunatic etc, 9 uses in a lifetime. 

Kitsune reform religion - absorb fertility option diplomacy within range or grab a baby make it your own heir. Get two gold for every prisoners released. Holy divorce (no cost needed)

Werewolf reform religion - Hunt wounded characters to absorb life force, higher chance if severely injured. Transform into werewolf on battlefield Wolf's Fury - gets +20 opinion bonus for everyone living in winter terrain. Transform into Gargoyle (google gargoyle rakion for reference) on battlefield.

Vampire reform religion - Remove sexual diseases for player only bloodline or vampire. Buy blood bags, unholy abortion - remove pregnancy. 

While this could be added to Dark World Reborn, there already are mods that are actively dedicated to this very content, including Luxuria Fantasia, Tale of Nine Tails, etc. These mods are already farther ahead in terms of content and focus, and you can safely use them with DWR too. 

Personally, I like DWR's scope on smaller details in sexual intimacy between characters, and I would like to see more content in that direction. Events of kidnapping, or raping and pillaging while raiding, female player character undergoing molestation etc., which were awfully common in dark ages would be great. The other mod that adds this kind of things, Dark World Extras, is very buggy and unfinished.

Hello someone please help me. 

I was playing with this mod with FULL CK 2 addons on older version. 

I reinstalled the game and its version is 2.4.1 and now It crashes at startup after showing CK 2 logo. ( I deleted all save games + this mode and re-extracted this mode in Mods folder in my document CK 2 mod folder.) 

Game starts without any problem without this modification. 

Someone please help me :(

As it seems I have old version of the game. I will reinstall it to newer one.

11 hours ago, jim raynor said:

While this could be added to Dark World Reborn, there already are mods that are actively dedicated to this very content, including Luxuria Fantasia, Tale of Nine Tails, etc. These mods are already farther ahead in terms of content and focus, and you can safely use them with DWR too. 

Personally, I like DWR's scope on smaller details in sexual intimacy between characters, and I would like to see more content in that direction. Events of kidnapping, or raping and pillaging while raiding, female player character undergoing molestation etc., which were awfully common in dark ages would be great. The other mod that adds this kind of things, Dark World Extras, is very buggy and unfinished.

Yes, these mods work so well I thought they're on each other's team. The event feels great even though it's not a chance event, so that it doesn't conflict with other mods. I'm playing mods separately though, like I will only enable dark world for werewolf gameplay and disable house of irae / tales of nine tails. So is this okay or will I be missing some interactions?

2 hours ago, hazecloud said:

I'm playing mods separately though, like I will only enable dark world for werewolf gameplay and disable house of irae / tales of nine tails. So is this okay or will I be missing some interactions?

Actually both DWR and Lusuria Fasntasia/House Irae etc mods are actively made to be compatible with each other. You can play them together, since LF does not yet touch Werewolf stuff. All you could see is two instances of Vampire attacks etc, but they can be turned off from LF side.

4 hours ago, jim raynor said:

Actually both DWR and Lusuria Fasntasia/House Irae etc mods are actively made to be compatible with each other. You can play them together, since LF does not yet touch Werewolf stuff. All you could see is two instances of Vampire attacks etc, but they can be turned off from LF side.

That's nice, guess I'll get to turn on more mod then :)

15 hours ago, Doug-E-Fresh said:

Can someone help me get this mod running, I'm fairly new to modding. after downloading and extracting the files to my mod folder it will appear to be working in the game rules, but when I get in game none of the intrigue decisions show up. 

What intrigue options are you expecting right away? If you have the Heroes and Villain content enabled - and you're seeing it in the Game Rules, then you should see an option to become a Hero or a Villain.

If you're choosing a special campaign start (which is largely a fancy way of just giving yourself a racial trait at the start), then you should have a related item to that.

Outside of that, nothing else will show up without you building things or doing other actions.

Also - some options aren't in the intrigue decision menu, but are instead character decisions. For example, if you're married or you've a wife, right click on their portrait to see options related to them, and you should see a Spend Time With option.