[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

So I've been thinking about this for all of five minutes so I apologize if it's dumb but any chance of adding X-23 as a hero? I was thinking she could only be available to find if you're focused on hunting. Either she appears during the regular white stag/bear/wolf event or just a random, you come across her as she's feral and you can either talk to her or leave her alone if you're not interested. Maybe she steals a kill from you at the last second? Then you can bring her back with you and have her come around, I was thinking something similar to the Red Queen event where she comes to you, stating she wants the alpha male. Something about your scent triggers her, you then breed her and keep her as a lover or marry her. I'd do my own little mod add-on but I have no clue about coding. Just a suggestion I thought up.

23 hours ago, CapAwkward said:

I'm having a problem, ive downloaded the file, ive put it in the mod folder but i can't see it when i start my game, im using the latest version of both the mod and ck2 

I've had the same problem,maybe i'm just retarded when it comes to installing mods but yeah,kinda want to jump into this mod asap.

Hi Dewguru!

I selected the Werewolf's Toy at the game rules and got a popup of Fenrir claiming my character as his bitch.  But I haven't seen anything else.  I checked the werewolf events and quite a few are set to ai=yes (as not to hit human player)  Is there more to it than that for a human player character?

15 minutes ago, FarakTheRed said:

I feel verry much like a noob right now but I am trying to install the mod and put the Dark World folder in the ck2 mod folder but it doesnt seem to come up. Am I beeing a complete idiot that doesnt get how to make it work ?

The "Dark World Reborn" folder AND the "Dark World Reborn.mod" file? They must be both in the ck2 mod folder. Mods don't work without their ".mod" file!

?

On 2/9/2020 at 12:31 AM, CapAwkward said:

I'm having a problem, ive downloaded the file, ive put it in the mod folder but i can't see it when i start my game, im using the latest version of both the mod and ck2 

Did you unzip the file? Use 7zip programm or winrar!

Thanks!

On 2/7/2020 at 4:44 AM, NathanTheBloody1 said:

Hey there i'm trying to install this mod but I don't know if its the zip opener im using or if things aren't all there. is there any certain zip opener I should use so I can play with the mod?

Use 7zip programm or winrar!

Thanks!

On 2/1/2020 at 7:42 PM, jim raynor said:

Hey Dewguru!

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the ingenious system of your character not being able to know others' dick sizes unless they have the "Big Dick Known" modifier. This has been a long time pet peeve of mine, that you suddenly knew what your liege and vassals were packing ?

But your trick changes so much for the better! It was really a cool experience.

It got me thinking, though,  can you think of similar thing about boob sizes? I know boob size is visible enough through clothing, but, one cant really be sure of that size unless, you know, they examine them closely, lol!

Perhaps you could add a 2 tiers of boob traits - Big Boobs and Small Boobs, and then the current traits be assigned only after close inspection? I don know, I am just spit-balling ideas here. What do you think??

You don't need inspection... The trait is visually satisfying, in my opinion!!! ?

The most common reason a mod doesn't work is that you either haven't unzipped it, or haven't removed it from the folder the unzip program puts it in.

The zip contains a file called Dark World Reborn.mod, and a folder called Dark World Reborn.  Both of those should be directly in your mod folder.  (On Windows, the mod folder is ~\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod)  If there's another folder enclosing both of them, that'll make it so CK2 can't see them.

Other than that, it's hard to say what problems anyone trying to install it would have without more details.  But this covers at least 90% of the problems people have with installing it.

6 hours ago, Lucius_Jack said:

I am sorry to be asking such a noob question but this is my first time installing a mod without steam, so how do I do that?

Hello @Lucius_Jack and @Lyyan_Talvir! Welcome to loverslab !!!

After you download the zip file, unzip it with "winrar" or, better, "7zip".

After you have unziped the file, you put both files (Main Folder and the .mod file in "~\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod folder.

Start the Launcher and activate the mod from the mod Tab.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

@dewguru

Sorry, I've extracted the mod into my mod folder, placed the .mod file into the CK2 file, and the option to select the mod comes up in the launcher. However the mod doesn't seem to be functioning in game. Are there any DLC that are necessary to play the mod? Or DLC I have to turn off? I also have no mods running other than Dark Worlds Reborn, are there any necessary mods to download? I'm playing on 3.3.0. 

On 2/11/2020 at 4:40 PM, HappyHamez said:

@dewguru

Sorry, I've extracted the mod into my mod folder, placed the .mod file into the CK2 file, and the option to select the mod comes up in the launcher. However the mod doesn't seem to be functioning in game. Are there any DLC that are necessary to play the mod? Or DLC I have to turn off? I also have no mods running other than Dark Worlds Reborn, are there any necessary mods to download? I'm playing on 3.3.0. 

I’m having the same problem! 

Ran into a little life situation, so I've not been on since last month and as a result, I also didn't get a release out that I was hoping for. I'll go through the messages that have been posted later today. Just wanted to check in and let it be known I was still kicking.

12 hours ago, DonVergas94 said:

I’m having the same problem! 

On 2/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, HappyHamez said:

@dewguru

It sounds like you're both doing it wrong. Especially if after extracting the file, you're then placing the .mod file somewhere. If you're extracting things correctly, then you don't need to move any files at all.

There are two mod folders with the game. One is in the game's installation directory, where Steam installs it. That is the WRONG location to place mods. It even has a file that says "DontPutModsHere.txt".

The correct location (assuming you've not modified your installation), is the Documents folder in your computer. The path is often something like "C:\Users\YourAccountNameHere\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

It is possible that you don't have a mod folder in that location. If that's the case, just create an empty one. Then, all you need to do is download the file, place it in that folder, and extract everything to that location. The end result should be the \mod folder has two things - a folder called "Dark World Reborn" and a file called Dark World Reborn.mod.

That's it. Start the game up, select the mod in the mod window on the main menu and play.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:02 PM, Drax70 said:

Hello @dewguru!

When I tell Belle to come to my court as my lover, she does, but not as my lover....

Any news, by the way, on the "Fairy Tales" section?

Thanks!

Hunh. It looks like I made setting her as your lover about as complex as I could possibly make it. I'll take a stab at fixing it for the next release.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:42 AM, jim raynor said:

Hey Dewguru!

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the ingenious system of your character not being able to know others' dick sizes unless they have the "Big Dick Known" modifier. This has been a long time pet peeve of mine, that you suddenly knew what your liege and vassals were packing ?

But your trick changes so much for the better! It was really a cool experience.

It got me thinking, though,  can you think of similar thing about boob sizes? I know boob size is visible enough through clothing, but, one cant really be sure of that size unless, you know, they examine them closely, lol!

Perhaps you could add a 2 tiers of boob traits - Big Boobs and Small Boobs, and then the current traits be assigned only after close inspection? I don know, I am just spit-balling ideas here. What do you think??

I admit to having pondered something similar myself. Especially during a period in time where clothing wasn't really form friendly.

Right now though it's remaining in the realm of ponderings. In a couple updates, after I get some long awaited content implemented back in, I'll see about it.

On 2/1/2020 at 4:57 PM, slaymike said:

I've gone through several games and never seen any of the Kitsune stuff is that locked?

There were additional mods that added Kitsune stuff. This one just allows a player to become one. Nothing beyond that at this point.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:06 PM, Drax70 said:

Hello @dewguru!

I think basic buildings of your mod, like the Wizard Tower or the Grand Inn etc., should be buildable only in the Capital province!

Just a suggestion!

Thanks!

I see merit to your suggestion. Going to slide that into my pondering pool of potential changes to make some day.