[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

On 12/27/2019 at 7:19 PM, labuser123 said:

I saw on the 1.73 changelog that the brothel is being overhauled, but is it normal that no event pops up when I (a female ruler) click the decision to work in the brothel? I don't seem to gain any gold either. I tested with only DWR 1.73 as the active mod. I hope the events come back, they are my favorite part of DW. A queen has to work hard for the benefit of her realm. ?

I never posted my results, but I ran a test and it worked for me. I choose to be a prostitute using both the 'anything goes' option and the 'male only' option, and my female ruler got results every time I worked.

What kind of clients are you selecting to accept?

Is the werewolf content still working? I tried both werewolf starts (pack and bitch), but besides the first event and Fenris and Vampire spawnings, no other events ever happend in a few decades or seemed to be avaiable, besides going on a hunt as werewolf.

Speaking of werewolf, I'm running into something I don't know what to make of it. I'm playing as a vampire and 30 years into the game, every other month I'm randomly getting the wolf_kin trait added to me. I know that you can buy a potion from the shop but I haven't done that, can npc's buy those and be applying them to me? It's getting annoying having to remove_trait wolf_kin every other month.

Hi devguru, 

I'd like to point out some inconsistencies/bugs I have come across in the recent version. Bear in mind I'm using parallel HIP, Abdictation, Search for a Smith with DWR and Extras, for possibly glitches caused by that. 

#1 You can declare anyone even babys a prostitute, is that intended?

#2 I married of a courtier to a venitian family dude, and had the option for primae noctis, while beeing a duke, so no crown law or primae noctis activated yet. Perhaps venice has it? And even so should an 11 year old get that option?

#3 I generally use your mod without any "fictional" content, so no werewolves etc. all disabled in the launcher however I noticed that I still get the beauty questline. I remember in earlier versions there was an option to disable fairy princesses, or was that the original dark world? Either way it would be great if there was an option to disable that content as well.

Hope that helps.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, mikovic76 said:

Hi devguru, 

I'd like to point out some inconsistencies/bugs I have come across in the recent version. Bear in mind I'm using parallel HIP, Abdictation, Search for a Smith with DWR and Extras, for possibly glitches caused by that. 

#1 You can declare anyone even babys a prostitute, is that intended?

#2 I married of a courtier to a venitian family dude, and had the option for primae noctis, while beeing a duke, so no crown law or primae noctis activated yet. Perhaps venice has it? And even so should an 11 year old get that option?

#3 I generally use your mod without any "fictional" content, so no werewolves etc. all disabled in the launcher however I noticed that I still get the beauty questline. I remember in earlier versions there was an option to disable fairy princesses, or was that the original dark world? Either way it would be great if there was an option to disable that content as well.

Hope that helps.

1. No, that's not intended. I'll add a check to ensure they're an adult.

2. I've never seen this happen before, but an 11 year old definitely shouldn't get that option, unless you've a file somewhere that is modified to have your 11 year old count as an adult (the age for an adult is a setting that can be modified in the game - but it isn't by this mod). The Jus Primae Noctis event has a trigger requirement in place that requires the law be in place, and one to only allow the event to run for adults. It's supposed to fire for the liege of the woman, so if you got it after marrying a female courtier to someone else outside of your court, then it could be an issue where I need to put in a day delay to ensure the woman's liege is properly reflected. So the event could have been validated by the other court (if the liege was an adult with the rule in place), and when it went to fire the event for the liege using their right, it went to you since it acted before the game moved her from your court to theirs - which is why a day delay may be the solution (guessing here). Is it correct that you married off a female to another person's court and still got the message?

3. I'll add a game rule to give the option to turn off Fairy Tale based content.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, Engelstein said:

Speaking of werewolf, I'm running into something I don't know what to make of it. I'm playing as a vampire and 30 years into the game, every other month I'm randomly getting the wolf_kin trait added to me. I know that you can buy a potion from the shop but I haven't done that, can npc's buy those and be applying them to me? It's getting annoying having to remove_trait wolf_kin every other month.

Interesting. That's an old potion that I've not gotten around to re-working yet. I'll include a tag to not allow the ai to use it on a player for the time being.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:56 AM, A1234 said:

Is the werewolf content still working? I tried both werewolf starts (pack and bitch), but besides the first event and Fenris and Vampire spawnings, no other events ever happend in a few decades or seemed to be avaiable, besides going on a hunt as werewolf.

Hrm. Can you give me examples of what kind of werewolf content you're expecting to see?

On 1/9/2020 at 5:56 AM, A1234 said:

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

Hrm. Can you give me examples of what kind of werewolf content you're expecting to see?

I'm not the original poster, but I would love to see a return and completion of the feral werewolf event chain arc you had in the old version.

12 hours ago, dewguru said:

Its been a few years since i had the DW mod (played vanilla inbetween) but I think, I remember your court being werewolfs and some pack decisions. If I use the mod now, fenris turns me and I get the hunting intrigue or I get an "alpha" wolf in my court, who doesn't interact with me (tried as man and woman).

If I`m misremembering the mod, please tell me. ?

14 hours ago, dewguru said:

Is it correct that you married off a female to another person's court and still got the message?

Yes, I married of a random female courtier to a venetian merchant house as a duke rank, feudal, catholic 11 year old in regency and recieved the pop up for primae noctis, which he decided to consume the little leecher :P

There's something else glitchy I noticed with the bordello upgrade questline, some pop ups came twice, which resulted in having roger rabbits wife twice in court in example. Like the loop runs again before it continues to the next stage, although I don't know much about the way ck2 script works.

Thanks for adding the fairy content option.

I've been using DWR with the Game of Thrones mod, and was wondering if there's any way to disable any coat of arms changes in DWR? Families with the wrong coat of arms is not really a big deal, but after some hours it's started to bug me a little bit. I've tried just deleting the gfx/flags folder in DWR to see if they would shift back, but that didn't work. Are any new COAs defined in a file I'm failing to see maybe? I'd rather DWR have the wrong COAs then the Game of Thrones mod if possible.

27 minutes ago, redalert95 said:

I've been using DWR with the Game of Thrones mod, and was wondering if there's any way to disable any coat of arms changes in DWR? Families with the wrong coat of arms is not really a big deal, but after some hours it's started to bug me a little bit. I've tried just deleting the gfx/flags folder in DWR to see if they would shift back, but that didn't work. Are any new COAs defined in a file I'm failing to see maybe? I'd rather DWR have the wrong COAs then the Game of Thrones mod if possible.

Hunh? The only changes that are the gfx/flags are off map flags (Lilith and the Mana Well).

Something tells me that you're chasing the wrong mod. There is only one actual coat of arms defined in the DWR mod, and it uses the vanilla CK2 settings to build the coat of arms for a specific family. Nothing in DWR adds any custom art work or over rides related to coat of arms images.

So if you're complaining about something causing the Lannister's to not have the Lannister family coa, I've no idea would be causing your issue.

Update coming in a couple hours.

Change Log for it below.

v1.74 (Dark World Reborn)
    - A couple new events and some existing event tweaks
    - Added a pair of new Game Rules (Fairy Tale content, Slavery content)
    - Changes that will hopefully improve compatibility with LF (to include DWR recognizing LF mages, demons, and more for some decisions/events)
    - Fixed a localization issue
    - Fixed an issue with a decision that was showing before it should have been available
    - Fixed an issue were you could give the prostitute trait to non-adults (thx mikovic76)
    - Fixed added a 1 day delay to the Right of First Night (Jus Primae Noctis) from firing to allow brides who change courts to properly trigger their new liege (thx mikovic76)
    - Fixed added a check to prevent the ai from force feeding a werewolf potion to the player (thx Engelstein)

29 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Hunh? The only changes that are the gfx/flags are off map flags (Lilith and the Mana Well).

Something tells me that you're chasing the wrong mod. There is only one actual coat of arms defined in the DWR mod, and it uses the vanilla CK2 settings to build the coat of arms for a specific family. Nothing in DWR adds any custom art work or over rides related to coat of arms images.

So if you're complaining about something causing the Lannister's to not have the Lannister family coa, I've no idea would be causing your issue.

Opps, look like i forgot to disable LuxuriaFantasia when trying to pinpoint the issue. Sorry. Love the mod, keep up the great work!

9 hours ago, redalert95 said:

Opps, look like i forgot to disable LuxuriaFantasia when trying to pinpoint the issue. Sorry. Love the mod, keep up the great work!

Nothing in LF modifies CoA either.

What is likely happening is that you started a new game with Game of Thrones, then somewhere along the way you added some other mods. The cache was not refreshed, and thus the CoA for dynasties, as well as flags, are in the wrong order. The code is looking for (for example) the 66th flag for the 66th title, but since they were all shifted over (again, for example) four spaces, the correct flag is 70 but the code is still trying to look for flag number 66.

Deleting everything in your savegame folder ( /My Docs/Paradox/CK2/<mod name here> ) will allow you to refresh the cache. It'll also delete your savegames, so be warned.

image.png

2 hours ago, polterghost said:

Im using DWR and LF and now I have two traits for breast size. How can I disable one of those?

But, Luxuria Fantasia does not have body traits.

Anyway, you must be using another mod. @dewguru or the other mod's mechanic or both must add a check in their code to coexist but not "interfere" with one another...

But, I bet your point is already "notted"...

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Drax70 said:

But, Luxuria Fantasia does not have body traits.

Anyway, you must be using another mod. @dewguru or the other mod's mechanic or both must add a check in their code to coexist but not "interfere" with one another...

But, I bet your point is already "notted"...

Thanks!

Ok, disregard this complaint. I also used Christianity mod which also adds body traits.

With werewolf content disabled it is still possible to buy werewolf transformation potions at the alchemist, the AI tends to do so sometimes. Just a small detail but maybe you could make it dependant on werewolf module enabled, I just pretend these people have some strange affliction ;)  

9 hours ago, Voidstorm said:

For some reason, dick sizes seem to be changing at random for characters. One of my courtiers suddenly went from average to tiny in a matter of days and then suddenly gigantic a week later. Any idea why this is happening?

What other loverslab-CK2 mods are you using?