[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 28MAR2024

7 hours ago, dewguru said:

Cult of Lilith - if you're talking religion, isn't part of Dark World Reborn, so I can't speak to it. I believe LF has variations, where the actual name varies on the locale if I recall reading that correctly.

Well LF doesn't have anything of the sort anymore. It's now entirely the Society of Seduction (but still ruled by Lilith). Cult of Lilith is (I believe) Beyond Heresy.

Also of note, the changing of the name is exclusive to LF, as only that mod has [GetLilithName] in the localisation.

After taking a long, hard look at the merged scripted_triggers in Luxuria Fantasia, and noting that merging scripted_triggers only works in a NOT format, I have made a conscious decision to make Luxuria Fantasia into a dependency of Dark World Reborn. This will allow me to properly scope to and/or replace DWR/LF stuff with their equivalent without having to do messy code that results in errors, and to ease off the workload of @dewguru.

Will Luxuria Fantasia be a sub-mod of Dark World Reborn? No. This is simply a change for better compatibility between the two mods in regards to conflicting traits. LF will remain standalone, but will work better than before when paired with DWR.

Upcoming change log for today's release.

Change Log:
v1.73 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Added scripted_triggers for improved mod compatibility (thx to Lockeslylcrit for such an in-depth listing)
    - Added some character tags to created npcs for improved mod compatibility
    - Updated some checks to use the new scripted_triggers
    - Fixed a bad target in a scripted_trigger (thx Cheri Song)
    - Fixed a horrendous mistake with the Vampire Ambush that pretty much guaranteed a 'Both Killed' result. (thx to the multiple folks who raised the issue)
    - Fixed a player with a custom DWR portrait that opts to get another DWR one, should now have the first one removed. (thx Cheri Song)
    - Brothel/Bordello overhaul work continued - still not done yet.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Upcoming change log for today's release.

Change Log:
v1.73 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Added scripted_triggers for improved mod compatibility (thx to Lockeslylcrit for such an in-depth listing)
    - Added some character tags to created npcs for improved mod compatibility
    - Updated some checks to use the new scripted_triggers
    - Fixed a bad target in a scripted_trigger (thx Cheri Song)
    - Fixed a horrendous mistake with the Vampire Ambush that pretty much guaranteed a 'Both Killed' result. (thx to the multiple folks who raised the issue)
    - Fixed a player with a custom DWR portrait that opts to get another DWR one, should now have the first one removed. (thx Cheri Song)
    - Brothel/Bordello overhaul work continued - still not done yet.

Thanks!  Something new to test this weekend!

6 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

After taking a long, hard look at the merged scripted_triggers in Luxuria Fantasia, and noting that merging scripted_triggers only works in a NOT format, I have made a conscious decision to make Luxuria Fantasia into a dependency of Dark World Reborn. This will allow me to properly scope to and/or replace DWR/LF stuff with their equivalent without having to do messy code that results in errors, and to ease off the workload of @dewguru.

Will Luxuria Fantasia be a sub-mod of Dark World Reborn? No. This is simply a change for better compatibility between the two mods in regards to conflicting traits. LF will remain standalone, but will work better than before when paired with DWR.

So if you are using LF and DWR both, LF will use DWR scripted triggers for anything that overlaps?

I have a suggestion...

Would it be possible to give some of the NPCs a Religion and Culture that they start with every time?

I change the DWNPCs.txt every time so they have a fixed Religion and Culture

Its kinda wrong that Elsa can be a berber with an african religion.

also, how can you settle them to a domain? so Elsa/Anna and Co dont even start in the "wrong" region?

2 hours ago, Aasimar said:

I have a suggestion...

Would it be possible to give some of the NPCs a Religion and Culture that they start with every time?

I change the DWNPCs.txt every time so they have a fixed Religion and Culture

Its kinda wrong that Elsa can be a berber with an african religion.

also, how can you settle them to a domain? so Elsa/Anna and Co dont even start in the "wrong" region?

Edit DWFairyTales.txt

Replace:

# Seeding of Anna and Elsa until the Snow Queen events handle generation
		random_independent_ruler = {
			limit = {
				ai = yes
			}
			character_event = { id = DWFairyTales.7 days = 55 }
			character_event = { id = DWFairyTales.8 days = 55 }
		}

With:

# Seeding of Anna and Elsa until the Snow Queen events handle generation
		random_independent_ruler = {
			limit = {
				ai = yes
				capital_scope = {
					region = world_europe_north
				}
			}
			character_event = { id = DWFairyTales.7 days = 55 }
			character_event = { id = DWFairyTales.8 days = 55 }
		}

This will make them spawn only in Scandinavia

I saw on the 1.73 changelog that the brothel is being overhauled, but is it normal that no event pops up when I (a female ruler) click the decision to work in the brothel? I don't seem to gain any gold either. I tested with only DWR 1.73 as the active mod. I hope the events come back, they are my favorite part of DW. A queen has to work hard for the benefit of her realm. ?

On 12/27/2019 at 7:19 PM, labuser123 said:

I saw on the 1.73 changelog that the brothel is being overhauled, but is it normal that no event pops up when I (a female ruler) click the decision to work in the brothel? I don't seem to gain any gold either. I tested with only DWR 1.73 as the active mod. I hope the events come back, they are my favorite part of DW. A queen has to work hard for the benefit of her realm. ?

Hrm, I'll take a look. I've been trying to keep the chain working, so in theory one should still be able to work or visit as a customer.

Had some family come into town unexpected for the holidays, but all are gone now and I should be able to get back into making some progress. Plus I've a test I'm working on from some feedback that was given to me via PM as well.

If I find an issue, I'll release a fix.

Hey dewguru!

I wanted to ask if the virgin trait has been removed. I liked it in the original DWR, but it was removed from DWF. Now that DWR is reborn again, can we get the trait back? Loving the mod by the way. Please keep on updating!

Also. a bug: even when the game rule to add body parts (boobs etc) is off, the futa characters added by the Merchant Caravan event have "boob" trait... when they shouldn't have it. 

2 hours ago, jim raynor said:

Also. a bug: even when the game rule to add body parts (boobs etc) is off, the futa characters added by the Merchant Caravan event have "boob" trait... when they shouldn't have it. 

Aaand... you consider boobs a bug...? ????

I REALY can't remember. I have been using them for many years...

The only thing that I remember is that it was a part of another mod!

I don't like Herring's stuff because most of the times you only see coloured blobs until you hover on with the mouse to see what it is...

But with those you realy see what they have!!!

I tried to do the same thing with dick sizes but it doesn't visualy turn clear to the eye. They look like "matches". lol

Anyway, keep them and use them as you see fit (for personal use only). Until you find out, if you want, the creator and inform me as well to give him credit!!!

Thanks!!! ?

On 1/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, jim raynor said:

Hey dewguru!

I wanted to ask if the virgin trait has been removed. I liked it in the original DWR, but it was removed from DWF. Now that DWR is reborn again, can we get the trait back? Loving the mod by the way. Please keep on updating!

Alas, the Virgin trait is there, however it is only available if the body part content is used. It's a trait that seemed to have a pretty split desire for use, and tying it to other body related traits that use similar seeding seemed like the ideal approach.

6 hours ago, dewguru said:

Alas, the Virgin trait is there, however it is only available if the body part content is used. It's a trait that seemed to have a pretty split desire for use, and tying it to other body related traits that use similar seeding seemed like the ideal approach.

Ah, okay.

Actually that makes sense. On a related note please take a look at the Image Overhaul for DWR mod I have added. High Def images aside it overhauls some of the traits with trait images from Herring's stuff. I especially like "virgin" symbol of an innocent flower, which fits better to CK2's aesthetic. 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11459-jim-raynors-image-overhaul-for-dark-world-reborn/