[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

Hey I spent about 50 years as a single guy but never got the beauty and the beast event to fire and when I forced it to activate All that showed up was a event screen with the word a on it.

It's a very random event. If you forced it, I've zero feedback to give as I don't know how you tried to force it, I don't know what other mods you're running, and I don't know what version of CK2 you're running.

I'm running only the Dark World Core and Fairy Tales, on the current CK2 2.5.

Only Core and Fairy tale mods with version 2.5, I used the event console command to force it 

No idea then. I only run those two (v1.27), and have version 2.5.1.1 and I just launched the game, opened a console, hit it with event DWFairyTales.100 and it launched fine.

So I've no real advice to share outside of the normal double-checking that you've done everything correctly from installing the mod to typing in your command in the console.

Hey I spent about 50 years as a single guy but never got the beauty and the beast event to fire and when I forced it to activate All that showed up was a event screen with the word a on it.

It's a very random event. If you forced it, I've zero feedback to give as I don't know how you tried to force it, I don't know what other mods you're running, and I don't know what version of CK2 you're running.

I'm running only the Dark World Core and Fairy Tales, on the current CK2 2.5.

Only Core and Fairy tale mods with version 2.5, I used the event console command to force it 

No idea then. I only run those two (v1.27), and have version 2.5.1.1 and I just launched the game, opened a console, hit it with event DWFairyTales.100 and it launched fine.

So I've no real advice to share outside of the normal double-checking that you've done everything correctly from installing the mod to typing in your command in the console.

I have a question then do you take the mods out of the folder with the version number and directly into the mod folder

I have a question then do you take the mods out of the folder with the version number and directly into the mod folder

If you open the zip file, there should be two things. One is the mod folder and the other is the .mod file that has information used by the game. You should extract both of those in your mod directory that's located somewhere around ...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

When you start up the game - you should see and be able to select them on the Mod tab. The way the .mod file is built will show the version number there, so you can see what version's you've got installed (in case you ever need to check against what has been posted). For example:

post-9623-0-32173400-1456016808_thumb.jpg

I got that same option too, when choosing options for my wife or my lover.  Hadn't encountered Gaston yet, either.

Also, the generic 'spend time with' event has the wrong name in the localization -- it said my character was spending time with his own name, not his wife's/lover's.  No doubt just using the wrong scope.

I didn't get the Beauty and the Beast event over about fifteen years of play, but that's probably just bad luck -- I'll keep on watching for it.

Bug reports aside, very glad to see this progressing!  I can't wait to see more.  Thanks for all your hard work.

The localization in theory is entered properly. It's just not displaying what it should be. :P

I've been looking to use event_targets a little more, as I previously avoided them largely because I couldn't get them to display in localization. So someone (ngppgn) shared a link to a Paradox article where someone showed how it's supposed to be done. I've done it as it says, yet it's definitely not working, and it doesn't appear to be the event_target's fault, as the rest of the event handles it properly, just not the method that is supposed to work in localization.

I've necro'd the Paradox thread, as that information was many versions ago, pre-WoL. So what it shares may simply not be possible. If that's the case, I'll have to make some changes.

Awesome. Turns out the information provided on the localization part wasn't accurate, but someone did share how to make it work. I'm going out soon, but I'll look to fix that annoying little localization thing tomorrow and post it.

I really wish there was some more thorough source of documentation on how to mod than the wiki -- it's not bad as far as it goes, but there's a lot of stuff that gets left out, like this.  Everything else is pretty piecemeal.

Edit: Played a little more, and triggered the starting event; everything seems to work pretty well so far.  I tried out a couple of paths, and they seemed to work just fine up to the content boundary points (i.e. where you get told this is as far as has been written).  Only two more things to report: first, some of the localizations for the choices when you get Belle to tell you the story of the Beast are too wide for the buttons they're on; and second, listening to Gaston boast gives me a modifier, 'Entertaining Stories,' that lists its benefit as 'NONE: +10%'.

Definitely an enjoyable start!

I really wish there was some more thorough source of documentation on how to mod than the wiki -- it's not bad as far as it goes, but there's a lot of stuff that gets left out, like this.  Everything else is pretty piecemeal.

Edit: Played a little more, and triggered the starting event; everything seems to work pretty well so far.  I tried out a couple of paths, and they seemed to work just fine up to the content boundary points (i.e. where you get told this is as far as has been written).  Only two more things to report: first, some of the localizations for the choices when you get Belle to tell you the story of the Beast are too wide for the buttons they're on; and second, listening to Gaston boast gives me a modifier, 'Entertaining Stories,' that lists its benefit as 'NONE: +10%'.

Definitely an enjoyable start!

The None is probably because you've no kids. If you have kids, learning new stories gives you a boost with them. :)

If you get a chance, would you mind sharing the ones that don't fit on the option buttons?

If you open the zip file, there should be two things. One is the mod folder and the other is the .mod file that has information used by the game. You should extract both of those in your mod directory that's located somewhere around ...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

When you start up the game - you should see and be able to select them on the Mod tab. The way the .mod file is built will show the version number there, so you can see what version's you've got installed (in case you ever need to check against what has been posted). For example:

attachicon.gifck2modtab.jpg

thanks

As promised, screenshots of the text too big to fit into its buttons.  There may be others that I haven't found yet -- I haven't gone through all the paths or anything.

*facepalm*

Thanks. Those were both an event error. It was the event option missing a character so it'd pull the correct localization line.

I'll get a correction uploaded today.

Hey, recently tried out your mod, excellent work!

My question is, how well does this play with scenario mods?

I also want to use Mythos, but every time the game gets to "Adapting History", it freezes, then crashes to the desktop.

Is Dark World incompatible, or am I missing some DLC?

Hey, recently tried out your mod, excellent work!

My question is, how well does this play with scenario mods?

I also want to use Mythos, but every time the game gets to "Adapting History", it freezes, then crashes to the desktop.

Is Dark World incompatible, or am I missing some DLC?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57549-ck2-dark-world-reborn/?p=1457168

Please look at the top 3 items in the FAQ.

Sometime later today I'll be posting a pair of updates based on some items found, plus a few minor additions.

Change log for the additions.

v1.28 (Dark World Core)
    - Corrected localization where there was an issue displaying event targets properly.
    - Added the Correct Dynasty targeted decision back in.
    - Added a decision available in the Intrigue menu, where you can determine how you'd like to set your ruler for supporting the Children of Lilith, Werewolves vs Vampires, and Futa mods. Usable only once per play through.

v1.28 (DW Fairy Tales
    - Corrected a pair of event option errors that were pointing to the wrong localization.
    - Added a little more Beauty and the Beast content

No desiscion appearing in intrigue menu? Also remedy portrait's not working.

I'm not using any mod's that should conflict with darkworld. I know wich files you use. Weird i'ill investigate further.

My current mod list: 

All dark world modules so far released. Core / Fairy / Portrait.

No seduction focus for AI.

Remove ambient noise.

Ruler Designer - No limits.

Same status of Women.

I got a feeling remedy stuff isn't playing nice again as usual :P Removing it. WIll update.

OKay.... That didn't work. Gonna uninstall all mods except DW stuff. Something weird is goin on. :s

Well Drew, i got some bad news. Dark world is completely non functional for me ATM.  No event firing, no desicion, Nothing.

Ive let the game run at 5x speed for about 10 years now, Nothing from DW is showing up even though it's the only installed mod at the moment.

I've triple checked the file structure, And it's installed properly as usual... Dunno what to do. I'm baffled. 

No desiscion appearing in intrigue menu? Also remedy portrait's not working.

I'm not using any mod's that should conflict with darkworld. I know wich files you use. Weird i'ill investigate further.

My current mod list: 

All dark world modules so far released. Core / Fairy / Portrait.

No seduction focus for AI.

Remove ambient noise.

Ruler Designer - No limits.

Same status of Women.

I got a feeling remedy stuff isn't playing nice again as usual :P Removing it. WIll update.

OKay.... That didn't work. Gonna uninstall all mods except DW stuff. Something weird is goin on. :s

Well Drew, i got some bad news. Dark world is completely non functional for me ATM.  No event firing, no desicion, Nothing.

Ive let the game run at 5x speed for about 10 years now, Nothing from DW is showing up even though it's the only installed mod at the moment.

I've triple checked the file structure, And it's installed properly as usual... Dunno what to do. I'm baffled. 

Do your people receive their Virgin, Dick, or Tit traits at start-up?

Do you have the "Spend time with..." option as a targeted decision?

If so, then things are probably running as intended. You mention a missing decision in the Intrigue menu - what decision are you expecting to find there?

The one that will only appear if you're running one of the three other unreleased mods? Or the one that only appears if you've managed to hit the random event for Fairy Tales - which since it's random, can very well go an entire play session without ever firing.

Present release plans for next weekend: Dark World Futa mod (a re-written merchant event), and I'll probably post what I've got done for the Dark World Children of Lilith mod and Dark World Creatures of the Night (aka Werewolves and Vampires).

The two larger one's probably won't be complete, but I'll release something that is playable at least.

The remedy portrait mod seems to have a problem at the moment

best seen in the attached screenshot of the find character menu.

post-112602-0-29911700-1456149086_thumb.jpg

I had only the 3 dark world mods active at this time and switching of the remedy portrait mod solves the problem.

"spend time with" for lovers, wifes and concubines works

Edit: regarding the size (dick and tits) traits, at first it seemed as if they don't appear but it just takes long (about a year ingame)

attachicon.giffind_char_with_remedy.jpg

I had only the 3 dark world mods active at this time and switching of the remedy portrait mod solves the problem.

Edit: regarding the size (dick and tits) traits, at first it seemed as if they don't appear but it just takes long (about a year ingame)

Do you own all of the CK2 DLC? If not, please read the FAQ regarding the custom portrait mod. You're experiencing issues that I am not, and that's the only thing that comes to mind.

Do you own all of the CK2 DLC? If not, please read the FAQ regarding the custom portrait mod. You're experiencing issues that I am not, and that's the only thing that comes to mind.

Yes, i own all DLC and all are activated. (not Orchestral Houselords but music should not be an issue here)

Dark World worked fine in 2.4.x, no portrait issues then, so i thought it might be something from the 2.5 patch

maybe a problem with the new conclave Finno-Ugric Portrait Pack?

I started the game as male viking count with the character modified with the designer DLC (just for a bit background info), no custom stuff, only traits and age cheat.

I'm not sure, if i explained it right, the portraits themselves are not damaged/bugy/invisible or anything, it is the find char screen which is messed up.

It starts with the 3. portrait from the top missing (doesn't matter what character it is)

and the more i use it, the more messed up that screen gets

That effect happens only with the remedy portrait mod activated (and no other mods beside the 2 other dark world modules).

Yes, i own all DLC and all are activated. (not Orchestral Houselords but music should not be an issue here)

Dark World worked fine in 2.4.x, no portrait issues then, so i thought it might be something from the 2.5 patch

maybe a problem with the new conclave Finno-Ugric Portrait Pack?

I started the game as male viking count with the character modified with the designer DLC (just for a bit background info), no custom stuff, only traits and age cheat.

I'm not sure, if i explained it right, the portraits themselves are not damaged/bugy/invisible or anything, it is the find char screen which is messed up.

It starts with the 3. portrait from the top missing (doesn't matter what character it is)

and the more i use it, the more messed up that screen gets

That effect happens only with the remedy portrait mod activated (and no other mods beside the 2 other dark world modules).

Just making sure since I had similar problem. Do you have the paradox gift dlc (eastindian)?

a Suggestion: make the decision to treat the different races a law. (one for each race)

​i would suggest to give it 4 tiers:

​1. banned/outlawed

​2. lower class (can't inherit titles)

​3. normal Treatment

​4, upper class/superior race

Presently I've zero plans on messing with laws.