[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

On 11/21/2021 at 4:16 PM, Rhin said:

you would need place your custom image in /gfx/event_pictures, and then change the "picture =" in the event you are looking to change to reference you new image instead of the old one. 

For example, if i wanted to replace dw_sex.2001 with a picture of trollface, i would place my trollface image in /gfx/event_pictures and name it trollface.dds, then i would open the relative event file (dw_sex.txt in this case). 

i would then replace the picture = redsonja_02 with picture = trollface

narrative_event = {
    id = dw_sex.2001
    is_triggered_only = yes
    title = dw_redsonja_title
    window = "BiggerEventWindow"
    desc = {
        trigger = { is_female = yes }
        text = dw_sex2001f
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { is_female = no }
        text = dw_sex2001m
    }
    picture = redsonja_02 #WE'RE LOOKING RIGHT HERE
    option = { # Oh yes, take it
        name = dw_sex_suck
        narrative_event = { id = dw_sex.2002 }
    }

ok i figured it out. don't use Paint.net. apparently it have to do with resolution 

How is ist possible to trigger the Jessica Rabbit events? I know it has to do with upgrading the brothel building. But I've already upgraded it to the highest rank, still no trigger. There's no stripper pole or anything. All I can do when I visit the brothel is choosing between an ordinary whore and one of the courtiers who has decided to whore himself/herself out.

My installed mods are DWR Drax70 version, LF, LF Beyond Heresy and LF Extras. Is this maybe again a case where LF overwrites stuff from DWR, stopping it from triggering?

12 hours ago, vanpett said:

How is ist possible to trigger the Jessica Rabbit events? I know it has to do with upgrading the brothel building. But I've already upgraded it to the highest rank, still no trigger. There's no stripper pole or anything. All I can do when I visit the brothel is choosing between an ordinary whore and one of the courtiers who has decided to whore himself/herself out.

My installed mods are DWR Drax70 version, LF, LF Beyond Heresy and LF Extras. Is this maybe again a case where LF overwrites stuff from DWR, stopping it from triggering?

There is a random event that can fire, which allows you to expand on what the brothel offers. It's competing with other potential annual random effects, so you might not get it for a while. If you know how to use the console to trigger events, try triggering DWCourt.300

Alright - I've a really small update that I'll be posting this weekend. Really small. Like tiny.

It may also be my last update for this mod. I finished my CK2 and CK3 play sessions, and I've decided to try a couple simple tweaks for CK3. If my modding foray isn't as cumbersome as it first seemed when I put together something for CK3, then I'll shift gears to building up a mod for that game. If CK3 modding still proves cumbersome or frustrating, then I'll probably swing back for a couple more updates to this mod.

Here is the planned update as of this moment.

v1.92 (Dark World Reborn)
    - NOTE: This update is compatible with Save Games created with DWR version 1.83 or later. Save games with earlier versions of DWR will break.
    - New Event (just one)
    - Tweak: Demon and Vampire Seduction decisions will only be used by the ai every 2 years. Previously, demon seduction had no restriction and vampire seduction had a 6 month restriction.
    - Tweak: Not playing with Hero and Villain content will disable the associated buildings.

14 hours ago, dewguru said:

Alright - I've a really small update that I'll be posting this weekend. Really small. Like tiny.

It may also be my last update for this mod. I finished my CK2 and CK3 play sessions, and I've decided to try a couple simple tweaks for CK3. If my modding foray isn't as cumbersome as it first seemed when I put together something for CK3, then I'll shift gears to building up a mod for that game. If CK3 modding still proves cumbersome or frustrating, then I'll probably swing back for a couple more updates to this mod.

- NOTE: This update is compatible with Save Games created with DWR version 1.83 or later. Save games with earlier versions of DWR will break.
    - New Event (just one)
    - Tweak: Demon and Vampire Seduction decisions will only be used by the ai every 2 years. Previously, demon seduction had no restriction and vampire seduction had a 6 month restriction.
    - Tweak: Not playing with Hero and Villain content will disable the associated buildings.

Hope your foray into trying to mod CK3 goes well! 

As I'm still having issues with my modded game, maybe you can spitball with me here. What would cause one of your events (In this case hero and villain events, possibly more) to screw up? Whenever I try to bring one of these people into my court, they always vanish without a trace right after they show up, no matter what I choose. What could be causing this?

i need help getting goblins

i start as orc horde, i see the event they break out of the mine / cave, i say they can join me, and then theres a building that i cant build because " ________ " blank restriction / requirement.

what do i need to do for goblins?

On 12/2/2021 at 2:35 AM, Aranwen said:

i need help getting goblins

i start as orc horde, i see the event they break out of the mine / cave, i say they can join me, and then theres a building that i cant build because " ________ " blank restriction / requirement.

what do i need to do for goblins?

Your current ruler should be an orc, and there should be a global flag called dw_goblin_orc_alliance.

You can use a console command to check to see what global flags there are active.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, AngelAngelis said:

Hope your foray into trying to mod CK3 goes well! 

As I'm still having issues with my modded game, maybe you can spitball with me here. What would cause one of your events (In this case hero and villain events, possibly more) to screw up? Whenever I try to bring one of these people into my court, they always vanish without a trace right after they show up, no matter what I choose. What could be causing this?

My CK3 modding is going better this time around. Well enough that I've begun playing around with how Dark World will look in CK3.

Outside of a mod conflict, the only other thing that I can think of offhand, is if your court is so large that you're pressed against the CK2 court threshold. I believe there is a vanilla game rule where you can remove or ease their court size restrictions, but a vanilla CK2 feature is to immediately kill off characters if the court is too large. I've tried to get around it on some characters by flagging them as historical characters - as historically flagged characters are supposed to be immune to the culling, but I can't say off the top of my head if I've applied that to all of the npc's.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:27 AM, dewguru said:

I'm really sorry to hear that, but I won't complain: Nearly 6 years is a hell of a lot of time (and effort) to put into a free-for-all mod. I appreciate that very much. I said it before: Your mod made an already excellent game sooo much better. I'm a bit torn here: I'd like to wish you best of luck with CK3, but I'm selfish enough for hoping you will return to CK2...

Edited by vanpett
On 12/3/2021 at 8:46 AM, dewguru said:

Your current ruler should be an orc, and there should be a global flag called dw_goblin_orc_alliance.

You can use a console command to check to see what global flags there are active.

is the gob/orc alliance when a goblin shows up and asks to join my kingdom? does another event need to trigger after they ask to join? will being multiple races prevent getting this trigger?

i am an orc, they show up asking to join and i say sure but i still cant build the goblin building.

On 12/7/2021 at 1:30 AM, Aranwen said:

is the gob/orc alliance when a goblin shows up and asks to join my kingdom? does another event need to trigger after they ask to join? will being multiple races prevent getting this trigger?

i am an orc, they show up asking to join and i say sure but i still cant build the goblin building.

Have you verified what global flags you have active?

On 12/5/2021 at 1:31 AM, LonerEmperor said:

Are those sound files supposed to play when you're doing DWR sex interactions? They're not playing in my game.

From what was provided to me by Drax70, it seemed like only a handful of events were modified to use the sounds. Since I don't use the sounds, I myself have no plans on editing events to include them. If Drax70 ever hits me up with an updated group of events with the sound specified, then I'll gladly repack and post it.

Also - there is a small chance I may still post an update to CK2. CK3 still doesn't allow for me to create a character from scratch and assign a dna string to it. So, I'm unable to create some of the characters that I was wanting to use in CK3, unless I do it as historical figures on a specific start year - which I don't want to do.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mulu Flaga said:

Is there wiki or guide for event ids for Dark World: Reborn because I dunno what requirements for Belle's event to trigger and I can't find her in my intrigue decision. Basically I need a guide

From what I understand, Belle's event is set to randomly trigger at some point for you; but because the game has so many random events that could be attempting to fire at any given time its not necessarily guaranteed that you might see it within the first 50 or so years of gameplay

needless to say

Belle - d2_beauty.100 gives you the initial interaction, with dw_beatuy.112 giving you the proper village menu

for the rest of the characters in no particular order; I know this isn't all of the characters; I'm missing the ones related towards either the tentacle or futa content just because I'm normally not in the mood to play with those rules turned on; so for Venom, female lantern (I think two-six?), and the female demon you can recruit in the monster ball; you'll have to look those up on your own in the events files of the mod; If your ever curious about trying to find either the initial events yourself or trying to force trigger any of their follow up events you can find those in the Events folder of the Dark World Reborn mod;

Spoiler

Fenris - DWNight.1000

Vladamir - DWNight.2000

Selene – dw_werewolf.8072

Bloodrayne – DWNight.5500

Vampirella – DWNight.4800

Harley Quinn – dw_npc.100 

Bat Girl – dw_npc.200 

Catwoman – dw_randomevent.7100

Mavis – dw_randomevent.7730

Morrigan – DWCourt.323

Hela – dw_randomevent.130

Red Robin – dw_npc.500

Nightwing – dw_npc.1000

Batman – dw_randomevent.150

Hellboy – dw_randomevent.7740

Thanos – dw_randomevent.200

Deadpool – dw_hvevents.1420

Thor – dw_hvevents.1430

Genie - DWFairyTales.3000

Red Ridding Sisterhood – dw_werewolf.8075

Beauty – dw_beauty.100 112 

Wonder Woman – dw_hvevents.1440

Wolverine – dw_randomevent.230

X23 – dw_hvevents.1360

Platypoa - dw_arena.130

Conan – dw_arena.150

hulk – dw_arena.160

Beast Boy – dw_hvevents.1330

Shantae – DWWhoring.1100

Spider-Gwen – dw_npc.700

Killer Frost – dw_npc.900

Rebecca – dw_arena.180

Red Sonja – dw_arena.210 

Psylocke – dw_hvevents.1410

Syndrome – dwhvevents.1230

The Incredibles – dwhevents.1260 ; 1261-(Bob's Family)

Poison Ivy – dw_npc.300

Black Widow – dw_npc.400

Supergirl – dw_npc.1100

Power Girl – dw_hvevents.1125 

Starfire – dw_hvevents.1270 

Blackfire – dw_hvevents.1400

Livewire – dw_hvevents.1340

Captain marvel – dw_hvevents.1350

Mary Jane – dw_hvevents.1370

Mystique – dw_hvevents.1380

Miss Martian – dw_hvevents.1390

Rogue – dw_grandinn.150

Jasmine – DWFairyTales.3000

Alice – dw_wonderland.100

Red Queen – dw_wonderland120

Jessica – DWCourt.370

Tiana – DWCourt.321

Pharah – DWCourt.322

Astrid – dw_hvevents.1210

Snow White – DWFairyTales.4

Cinderella – DWFairyTales.5

Rapunzel – DWFairyTales.6

Anna – DWFairyTales.7

Elsa – DWFairyTales.8

Ariel – DWFairyTales.9

Aurora – DWFairyTales.11

Maleficent – DWFairyTales.12

Grimhilde – dw_fairy.1000

Raven – dw_wizardtower.102

Scarlet Witch – dw_wizardtower.101

Hermione – dw_wizardtower.103

Sorcey – dw_wizardtower.104

Zatanna – dw_wizardtower.105

Ginny – dw_wizardtower.5266

Luna – dw_wizardtower.5267

Vulture – dw_npc.600

Joker – dw_npc.800

Tchalla – DWCourt.331

Link – DWCourt.332

Hiccup – dw_hvevents.1210

Dr. Doom – dw_randomevent.160

Orc Maiden – dw_randomevent.210

Xavier – dw_randomevent.220

Spiderman – dw_hvevents.1020

Edited by sage20500
On 11/27/2021 at 5:46 PM, Aranwen said:

is this an actual image used in the mod and if yes how to trigger? for science :P

It's triggered after a successful siege sometimes. You find a noble and get the choice to either use her for your own pleasure or prevent you and your men from having your way with her. 

The Magic Mirror is gotten with the merchant event that sells the Helm of the Devourer, the Breeding Collar, the doll that gives you Astrid, and the Sleeping Dragon Plate. As far as Grimhilt, no clue. haven't even SEEN that character. I have always wondered what the Magic Mirror is for...

One question about the visit events. In an earlier version of the mod (I think), there were a few of the events that directed toward the Sex events (which had special events with having sex with your children or parents, but most of them seemed to have been removed from activating, instead going to generic visit events (that don't recognize when you're visiting your child or parent for relief)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 1:27 AM, dewguru said:

- New Event (just one)

If you do start modding ckIII are you going to use the existing sex framework or make your own like you did here? Curious cause i like your work but it would suck for all the current ck3 mods to be incompatible lol. XD