[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 31JAN2022

Love the Dark world mod and its nice to see that it will evolve.

Some suggestions I have:

* Healing potion in Exotic emporium and possibly a cool down like with Fairy events

* Add sex with slave (once they are branded they should be docile enough to just order to bed)

* If possible make sex slaves something like concubines/secondary wives so that they are easier to find in a big court

* Add some risk of death/maiming/wounding to Werewolf hunts

* Expand things that can be summoned and possibly a risk of summoning going wrong (drawn into the underworld [death] or invasion from the underworld)

For those who use Validator. A 2.5x friendly version was released today. Version 1.13.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-validator-find-errors-quickly-and-with-minimal-pain.597480/

Note: you must be logged into the Paradox forums for the above link to properly take you to the intended location.

It says I got no permission for that, even though I am logged in

Some of their forums require you to also authenticate the game with them. This may be one of them. If you open your profile tab, it should have information on how to do so.

On a side note, it may be very beneficial. I seem to have obtained a free picture pack from them for doing so. Just last night I decided to update my game listing with them and I linked my Steam account (since it wasn't showing everything I own), and when I was done, the Keys tab in my profile had a South Indian Portrait Pack that I was able to activate. Which of course means I may have just gotten a free DLC pack that will now break ReMeDy's portrait pack that I use. :)

And here of course is the picture showing where once I linked my account and activated the portrait pack that it appeared in my Steam library.

post-9623-0-36320500-1454860279_thumb.jpg

Just a heads-up. The first file, the Dark World Core will be up tonight. All in all, it's the boring part, since it has very few things that you'd see in of itself.

You may notice that I also reworked and scaled down some previous bonuses and penalties. This was a recommendation based on the latest patch update for CK2. It indicated that Paradox tweaked a lot of modifiers related to opinions positive or negative and it recommended mods do the same for balancing the new game play. I'm guessing it's to try and not make it too easy to get a bunch of loyal council members, or perhaps there are simply a lot more opinion modifiers used (I only played the newest version for about an hour to get an idea of what was new).

It also allowed me to slap on some more comments as well in the code.

If I'm tracking your question properly, if you're interested in sharing it with others, you'd have two options. Post it as it's own mod, where you could list Dark World as a requirement if it relies on any of the materials, or just post it up in the thread and if others test it and confirm it doesn't break anything, I could upload it with this as an extra option.

Ok a was asking the question to get it out of the way as some was going to.

But if some one wants to use that idea feel free I don't know how to mod CK2 (yet any way).

Quick question - We've breast and dick traits. Does anyone ever feel cheated by a lack of ass traits?

damn son, lets stop at ass, dont want the next thing being feet size or areola size

i can imagine the ass tho, "Big Ass - This woman has been blessed by a big ass, although it's hard to sit, it's plenty good to look at."

"Titanic Ass"

also if you do add it, add an "Aphrodite" trait, it adds sexual bonuses and fertility, the character must have AND = { trait = perfect_ass trait = perfect_breasts and trait = fair },

if they have lustful also, they have a random event of getting something sexual maybe

Quick question - We've breast and dick traits. Does anyone ever feel cheated by a lack of ass traits?

damn son, lets stop at ass, dont want the next thing being feet size or areola size

i can imagine the ass tho, "Big Ass - This woman has been blessed by a big ass, although it's hard to sit, it's plenty good to look at."

"Titanic Ass"

also if you do add it, add an "Aphrodite" trait, it adds sexual bonuses and fertility, the character must have AND = { trait = perfect_ass trait = perfect_breasts and trait = fair },

if they have lustful also, they have a random event of getting something sexual maybe

I wouldn't expand beyond that, and I may not even add it. I'm just an ass man more than a breast man myself, and I may have found myself going, "great, so she's got huge knockers, but does does she have an ass that's round and slap worthy?"

I like your Aphrodite trait though, with the requirements. I'll have to keep it in mind if I decide to go down this path.

only if its for both male and female characters and gay character can benefit for having a bottom bitch with nice assets

I'd only apply it as a standard to females, mainly because whenever I've heard my gay friends discussing attractive features or being in the vicinity when they were working their game, never have any of them dropped a 'dat ass type line.

"* If possible make sex slaves something like concubines/secondary wives so that they are easier to find in a big court"

domestic_dynastic

I used is_lover for that part for Christians and renamed everything then swapped Lovers and Rivals

04f31e33ee7b3f539b27742e892b4a4f.png

for the sex part, added this part to the lovers pregnancy event 

option = {
name = OK
add_trait = pregnant
piety = -500
prestige = -500

if = { limit = { has_character_modifier = Concubine } 
father_of_unborn = { character_event = { id = concubinegotprego } # The father's reaction
} 
}
}

Bah. Didn't make my goal. Super Bowl was better than I expected (I really like defensive battles), and in my verification sweep before packaging, I got the great idea to do some more tweaking.

One thing that I've done is overhauled traits some more, adding different measures for ai behavior on things. Such as a werewolf has ai_ambition = 10, which means that when the ai is determining an action to take, they'll be more inclined to do one that involves gathering more power for themselves, which aligns with the werewolves natural desire to dominate what they can.

In tweaking opinion modifiers for the new patch play, I also went and revisited opposites and included opinion modifiers for them when it seemed like it mattered. For example, a woman with a small chest has a woman with large breasts as an opposite, and she can't help but feel a little jealous for not 'measuring up' against the competition, so she has a slight negative opinion of the larger breasted woman (actually - that one may have already existed in the past - but still, I did more like this).

Also, since I was overhauling things, I went ahead and did something that someone asked for a ways back about expanding the range of sizes. Both breasts and dicks now have six size categories, which are pretty much Tiny, Small, Average, Large, Huge and Gigantic (for breasts) and Horse Dick (for, well, dicks).

I've a long day tomorrow, so I'm going to wrap up where I'm at, but I'll strive to get the Core posted. And while it is very limited in what it provides in actual game play by itself, it's the first piece of what should be a stream of them.

And if it isn't obvious, I'm going back through and retouching a LOT. All in hopes of making it more stable and fun.

Bah. Didn't make my goal. Super Bowl was better than I expected (I really like defensive battles), and in my verification sweep before packaging, I got the great idea to do some more tweaking.

One thing that I've done is overhauled traits some more, adding different measures for ai behavior on things. Such as a werewolf has ai_ambition = 10, which means that when the ai is determining an action to take, they'll be more inclined to do one that involves gathering more power for themselves, which aligns with the werewolves natural desire to dominate what they can.

In tweaking opinion modifiers for the new patch play, I also went and revisited opposites and included opinion modifiers for them when it seemed like it mattered. For example, a woman with a small chest has a woman with large breasts as an opposite, and she can't help but feel a little jealous for not 'measuring up' against the competition, so she has a slight negative opinion of the larger breasted woman (actually - that one may have already existed in the past - but still, I did more like this).

Also, since I was overhauling things, I went ahead and did something that someone asked for a ways back about expanding the range of sizes. Both breasts and dicks now have six size categories, which are pretty much Tiny, Small, Average, Large, Huge and Gigantic (for breasts) and Horse Dick (for, well, dicks).

I've a long day tomorrow, so I'm going to wrap up where I'm at, but I'll strive to get the Core posted. And while it is very limited in what it provides in actual game play by itself, it's the first piece of what should be a stream of them.

And if it isn't obvious, I'm going back through and retouching a LOT. All in hopes of making it more stable and fun.

i suggest adding in the pagan religion line, aggression = 1.5 2 4 or 12( for mostly always warring for increased expansion ) 

1.5 is how aggressive norse in base game is

I've been asked by some people to share my patch, so I asked dewguru and he said he's not opposed to me sharing so here is my patch for Dark World 1.25 to make it work with CK2 2.5.1.1.

It works for me, but i'd like to hear of any problems. Just extract my patch to the Dark World folder.

Side Note:

There is one file I included in the patch that can be deleted as it's just a copy of the game's own "00_job_titles.txt"

I included it in the patch to overwrite the one orginally in the mod as all the changes that dewguru made are now in "00_scripted_triggers.txt", but if the originally modded version of "00_job_titles.txt" is left in the mod folder it will cause problems. 2.5.1.1 split off large parts of 00_job_titles.txt into 00_scripted_triggers.txt

UPDATE May 18, 2016

I just realized I hadn't updated this to 2.5.2, so here it is. I'll leave the old patch in place for 2.5.1.1.

UPDATE Sept 19, 2016

I have an alpha patch for 2.6.1.1, only thing that seems to not be working is Remedy portraits. If anyone wants to give it a try go here

Dark World 1-25 Patch 2-5-1-1.7z

Dark World Patch 1-25 Patch 2.5.2.7z

Guest arbiter104

I've been asked by some people to share my patch, so I asked dewguru and he said he's not opposed to me sharing so here is my patch for Dark World 1.25 to make it work with CK2 2.5.1.1.

It works for me, but i'd like to hear of any problems. Just extract my patch to the Dark World folder.

Side Note:

There is one file I included in the patch that can be deleted as it's just a copy of the game's own "00_job_titles.txt"

I included it in the patch to overwrite the one orginally in the mod as all the changes that dewguru made are now in "00_scripted_triggers.txt", but if the originally modded version of "00_job_titles.txt" is left in the mod folder it will cause problems. 2.5.1.1 split off large parts of 00_job_titles.txt into 00_scripted_triggers.txt

Thank you very much

Side Note:

thanks for sharing :) applied this and I can load my games again! :D

don't know if its related to DW(and/or your fix) but on a savegame where the only mod I use is DW I have a large number of potraits now that are a black head with a number (ex my ruler is 77). Didn't have this before, the only other change Ive made recently was adding horse lords dlc and Ive never used a portrait mod. Not a big deal and doesn't seem to prevent gameplay.

thanks for sharing :) applied this and I can load my games again! :D

don't know if its related to DW(and/or your fix) but on a savegame where the only mod I use is DW I have a large number of potraits now that are a black head with a number (ex my ruler is 77). Didn't have this before, the only other change Ive made recently was adding horse lords dlc and Ive never used a portrait mod. Not a big deal and doesn't seem to prevent gameplay.

I have all DLC and I havn't seen anything like this in my game. Maybe it's a conflict with you not having a certain portrait DLC, can you give me a list of DLC you have and I'll do a few tests on my end. Also witch character you tried to play as.

Another thing you might want to try might be to Verify integrity of local game cache (check game files).

So I just finished the Succubus stuff - seems to have more content compared to other parts, but that's understandable - and I found out what the Orc, Angel and Tentacle references were for.

I've got Conclave but I've been sticking to 2.4.5 with it disabled until they fix coalitions and shattered armies, which they're apparently going to do.

Something I'd like to see is some sort of master/mistress and slave stuff with the player being the slave. Something that mechanically would function like having a Regent or being incapable only with sexual events or even just an event series without disabling what the player can do.

None of my female characters were ever attacked by guard dogs or tentacle monsters either. I forced the event to fire for other characters to make sure they had a Guard Dog and were Succubi I even tried to make them dislike me just to see if it would happen. I was expecting it to fire at some point from a courtier, vassal or liege.

Another thing I'd like to see is more Female on Male stuff in general, possibly with a Female character functioning like Vlad or Fenris and taking over a title and changing the laws to favour women.

So I just finished the Succubus stuff - seems to have more content compared to other parts, but that's understandable - and I found out what the Orc, Angel and Tentacle references were for.

I've got Conclave but I've been sticking to 2.4.5 with it disabled until they fix coalitions and shattered armies, which they're apparently going to do.

Something I'd like to see is some sort of master/mistress and slave stuff with the player being the slave. Something that mechanically would function like having a Regent or being incapable only with sexual events or even just an event series without disabling what the player can do.

None of my female characters were ever attacked by guard dogs or tentacle monsters either. I forced the event to fire for other characters to make sure they had a Guard Dog and were Succubi I even tried to make them dislike me just to see if it would happen. I was expecting it to fire at some point from a courtier, vassal or liege.

Another thing I'd like to see is more Female on Male stuff in general, possibly with a Female character functioning like Vlad or Fenris and taking over a title and changing the laws to favour women.

Sounds like you've some great ideas on areas to get to work on. :)

Otherwise I'm not looking at doing anything that you mentioned myself, at least not in my current plans.

Also - your female characters shouldn't be attacked by tentacle monsters unless you cast it on yourself (and I may have blocked that). There isn't anything in the event to force a courtier to target you with either a tentacle monster or the guard dog. It can happen though, and others have reported that they were on the receiving end of a courtier's guard dog, so it's just a random percentage chance on who they pick, plus they need to be a real dick to actually target someone. I want to say that they need to have at least the cruel trait in order to opt to use their dog to assault someone.

I have the Finno-Ugric portrait pack file in my recent static portraits Conclave compatible mod, but not the South Indian one. I had overlooked the South Indian one, because for some reason I thought that was old DLC that was separate from a much bigger earlier mod.

I'll have the South Indian portrait pack file ready today.