[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

@ Connor.. if you are running 2.5.2 of CK and you grabbed the latest v129 of the mod.. those are compatible, but its currently only a foundation of the what the full mod was.

If you are really hot on getting the old content back and you can forgo the changes/additions in Conclave for now... use the "beta" option in steam to revert your game to 2.4.5, and then grab the v125 of the game and use that. (separate forum thread and download item, you can search for it in downloads).

Otherwise all you have right now is some of the default trait functions, the spend time option with your wives/consorts/lovers/etc, and intro for the fairytale stuff and thats about it.

@ Conor: As far as I got it, the old DW mod get's splitted up into different "smaler" mods which share the Core mod as a framework. Til now there are only three parts (re)released, which are Futa, Fairy Tales and ReMeDy and, of course, the core framework. Dewguru stated, that he/she makes it this way, so people can choose which part we want, and which we don't want, givin us a lot more freedom in using mods. Since I'm guesstimating that he/she doesn't get paid for this work, he/she might take the appropiet time for this hobby. So slavery and werewolves/vampires are here, when they are here. For those who are really desperate for those features, you can try to update the 125 version to CKII 2.5.2 for yourself. In the old thread are a few hints, and CK modding isn't that hard to learn.

Sincerly

He's also said on several occasions that the flexible/module framework is designed such that people can create their own add-on modules for it, and incorporate content that he finds less interesting in working on.

The next module due out is Children of Lilith, which will restore the basic aspects of the Succubus start -- dewguru was planning to upload it last week, but the board software wasn't cooperating.  He's also working on expanding the werewolf and vampire content so it'll be as interesting as the succubus content was.

I tried running the merchant republic of Visby as a werewolf family once -- it was kind of interesting, though short on content.  I ended up with a big family of brother and cousin werewolves, all trying to claim their werewolf bitch sisters, and fighting each other due to the rivalries caused when two or more of them wanted the same sister.  It was actually kind of how I'd expect these werewolves to act -- lots of lust, lots of rage, lots of aggressive sex and bloody fights.

My favorite aspect of the game, though, has been converting the world to Lilithianism under an immortal succubus queen.  Once I managed to get all of Britannia and Brittany converted, and was making a solid start on Norway.  Becoming the religious head helps a lot -- the piety of an immortal succubus as religious head will probably be enough to catapult the Moral Authority of Lilithanism to 100, making it a lot easier to convert provinces from Catholicism.  I like imagining what the realm would be like when everyone faithfully and lustfully worships Lilith -- that would be entertaining indeed.  (And having my Succubus Queen repeatedly being seduced by her own succubus daughters is also always fun.)

The next module due out is Children of Lilith, which will restore the basic aspects of the Succubus start -- dewguru was planning to upload it last week, but the board software wasn't cooperating. He's also working on expanding the werewolf and vampire content so it'll be as interesting as the succubus content was.

I tried running the merchant republic of Visby as a werewolf family once -- it was kind of interesting, though short on content. I ended up with a big family of brother and cousin werewolves, all trying to claim their werewolf bitch sisters, and fighting each other due to the rivalries caused when two or more of them wanted the same sister. It was actually kind of how I'd expect these werewolves to act -- lots of lust, lots of rage, lots of aggressive sex and bloody fights.

My favorite aspect of the game, though, has been converting the world to Lilithianism under an immortal succubus queen. Once I managed to get all of Britannia and Brittany converted, and was making a solid start on Norway. Becoming the religious head helps a lot -- the piety of an immortal succubus as religious head will probably be enough to catapult the Moral Authority of Lilithanism to 100, making it a lot easier to convert provinces from Catholicism. I like imagining what the realm would be like when everyone faithfully and lustfully worships Lilith -- that would be entertaining indeed. (And having my Succubus Queen repeatedly being seduced by her own succubus daughters is also always fun.)

I like playing as lilithian nomads, inagining that the "population" is the host of lustridden followers who abandon the pillaged cities to devote themselves to Lilith. Doing this on Umbra Spherae is specially fun.

My apologies for being AWOL this past week and some days. I've not touched the mod at all since I last posted, which I believe was a post about the last update not being able to be uploaded.

I considered expanding it a little, but the way things have been recently, I'd probably start and then not find the time to post it for another week.

I tried running the merchant republic of Visby as a werewolf family once -- it was kind of interesting, though short on content.  I ended up with a big family of brother and cousin werewolves, all trying to claim their werewolf bitch sisters, and fighting each other due to the rivalries caused when two or more of them wanted the same sister.  It was actually kind of how I'd expect these werewolves to act -- lots of lust, lots of rage, lots of aggressive sex and bloody fights.

That sounds quite amusing actually. I tend to enjoy republic games and the added werewolf touch could be really fun. I'll have to try it.

It seems like the blood moon is bugged, when i sacrifice someone from my jail? Blood moon triggered, but when i picked prisoners, instead of peasants, as a sacrifice, nothing have happens. Been 5 years and still nothing, while the event tells me, that the Cool down for Bloodmoon, still is up? i dont have it as a timed ''buff'' either?

It seems like the blood moon is bugged, when i sacrifice someone from my jail? Blood moon triggered, but when i picked prisoners, instead of peasants, as a sacrifice, nothing have happens. Been 5 years and still nothing, while the event tells me, that the Cool down for Bloodmoon, still is up? i dont have it as a timed ''buff'' either?

Sounds like an error in the prisoner selection. I'll take a look at it later.

Also - in regards to what is next, I'm presently working on the Creatures of the Night mod, which will bring werewolves and vampires into the world mix.

The initial mod release will focus mainly on Fenris and Vladimir.

I believe that setting up the major power players in the mod and giving them some actions they can perform will better shape things than how I more or less tossed them out there and left it to CK2 to handle them entirely.

A couple notable changes, in the past they both made their power grabs about the same time (after 10 years). Now they'll take a look at their liege, and depending on some of their liege traits, they may make their coup as quickly as a year into game time.

Some folks mentioned the challenges of their culture or religion hindering them as well, they'll have some options on actions that they can use to change that, from recruiting loyal werewolves or vampires to their respective courts, to being more active in removing troublemakers who oppose them internally.

Glancing over the event in question (.1030), it looks like the problem is that there's no corresponding narrative event for the prisoner sacrifice option. It ought to proceed to .1031, but instead just does this:

option = { # Let's sacrifice some prisoners

trigger = { # We only show this if we've prisoners that qualify for sacrifice

any_courtier = {

prisoner = yes

host = { character = ROOT }

NOT = { has_character_modifier = dw_slave_training } # We don't want to accidentally grab one of our slaves

}

}

name = "DWLilith1030A"

custom_tooltip = { text = dw_blood_moon_celebration_begins }

}

It probably needs the following line added above the custom tooltip line.

narrative_event = { id = DWLilith.1031 }

Some notes:

1) The church modifiers don't seem to be working right for the Succubus Evolution modifier. I'm instead getting two lines of "-8.00 to NONE", which should be the Christian and Muslim opinion mods.

2) I note the religion aspects are removed entirely now?

3) I also don't see any seduction option, in the way that WoL seduction used to be useable by any succubus.

4) The Lesbian wine drinking event can select the same courtier twice for both "participants", which seemed a little odd. (Possibly because I only had one lesbian in my court at the time?)

ok now that you are adding werewolf and vampires i want to try to make a suggestion that will positively effect the game. i was thinking that werewolfs should have a unique religion "the cult of the moon" or something like that it can be a pagan religion that can be reformed. but if that all seems like to much work dont bother with it i know very little about CK2 mods. keep up the good work

ok now that you are adding werewolf and vampires i want to try to make a suggestion that will positively effect the game. i was thinking that werewolfs should have a unique religion "the cult of the moon" or something like that it can be a pagan religion that can be reformed. but if that all seems like to much work dont bother with it i know very little about CK2 mods. keep up the good work

If you desire it, I would recommend making it a mod as more custom religions are very, very, very low on my too do list.

Some notes:

1) The church modifiers don't seem to be working right for the Succubus Evolution modifier. I'm instead getting two lines of "-8.00 to NONE", which should be the Christian and Muslim opinion mods.

3) I also don't see any seduction option, in the way that WoL seduction used to be useable by any succubus.

4) The Lesbian wine drinking event can select the same courtier twice for both "participants", which seemed a little odd. (Possibly because I only had one lesbian in my court at the time?)

1. Odd.

2. More like they haven't been added back in yet. I've mentioned in a couple posts that since I'm rewriting just about everything that the Children of Lilith mod would be a shell of its past content at initial release.

4. Yeah, I noticed it myself, and found that she was so into it, that she even took herself as a lover. Narcissism at it's best I suppose. I'll likely have to do a count on adult females or something to ensure there are at least two.

Glancing over the event in question (.1030), it looks like the problem is that there's no corresponding narrative event for the prisoner sacrifice option. It ought to proceed to .1031, but instead just does this:

option = { # Let's sacrifice some prisoners

trigger = { # We only show this if we've prisoners that qualify for sacrifice

any_courtier = {

prisoner = yes

host = { character = ROOT }

NOT = { has_character_modifier = dw_slave_training } # We don't want to accidentally grab one of our slaves

}

}

name = "DWLilith1030A"

custom_tooltip = { text = dw_blood_moon_celebration_begins }

}

It probably needs the following line added above the custom tooltip line.

narrative_event = { id = DWLilith.1031 }

Thanks for taking a gander. I'm uncertain if I'll get to it tonight, but when I do, I'll follow with an update to correct it.

Some notes:

1. Odd.

2. More like they haven't been added back in yet. I've mentioned in a couple posts that since I'm rewriting just about everything that the Children of Lilith mod would be a shell of its past content at initial release.

4. Yeah, I noticed it myself, and found that she was so into it, that she even took herself as a lover. Narcissism at it's best I suppose. I'll likely have to do a count on adult females or something to ensure there are at least two.

Glancing over the event in question (.1030), it looks like the problem is that there's no corresponding narrative event for the prisoner sacrifice option.

Thanks for taking a gander. I'm uncertain if I'll get to it tonight, but when I do, I'll follow with an update to correct it.

No worries - and yeah, figured the stuff left out was intentional, just wanted to make note of it. :)

As for the missing modifiers, I'm not running any other mods, just the various Dark World ones, so not sure what the deal is there. I left off Fairy Tales for now, but don't think that would do it?

The lesbian wine event triggered for me -- with a male courtier drinking from my succubus, and still with a chance to turn him homosexual.  Go figure.  I think it might be because I didn't have any female vassals at the time, perhaps?

That aside, I really like the new Blood Moon events -- there's a fun narrative for each of them, and they're darned sexy.  Still looking forward to more succubus content, but this is a very solid base to build on.

Looking forward to the vampire and werewolf content, too -- and for whatever's coming next after that!

If you desire it, I would recommend making it a mod as more custom religions are very, very, very low on my too do list.

in princes of darkness the werewolwes are organised in tribes. every tribe is a custom religion.

there are concepts/gods like "father wolf" and "mother moon" for example.

I'm not into those custom religions so I don't think I will include it in my sub-mod.

Another small bug.

christian_church_opinion 
muslim_opinion 

Those two must have been changed in Conclave, because they show up as NONE ingame.

I dont think they work on modifiers. The mythos mod had the same problem.

Bug report: playing with all DLCs, all DW modules and no other mods.

Playing as succubus, when I host a Blood Moon and choose the option to Consider sacrificing a prisoner, I suddenly stop receing the other events and the festival never ends. This happened after having reached stage 5.

Playing as succubus, when I host a Blood Moon and choose the option to Consider sacrificing a prisoner, I suddenly stop receing the other events and the festival never ends. This happened after having reached stage 5.

See my post above for how to fix this.

Thank you ! And also my apologies for not having seen the post you mention before posting.

Yeah your fix got me one step closer in so far it allowed me to choose a prisoner but it doesn't work on the actual cool-down?

Unless I borked it trying to fix it.?

No, there seems to be a bug in one of the following events. From what I'm seeing, it's bringing up the same prisoner twice. Namely, I do a Blood Moon with two prisoners in my dungeon:

-I select "Sacrifice a prisoner" in event 1030 (which I've altered to fix as above)

1031 fires, and offers me the choice of Prisoner #1. It does NOT find or offer Prisoner #2.

-I select to execute Prisoner #1.

This triggers 1039 and 1040, and bounces to 1041.

1041 fires, and I can choose to kill or spare them.

-I kill them, and the event goes back to 1031 because there's still someone left to kill.

1031 fires again, and offers to let me choose between killing the SAME prisoner (again, NOT prisoner #2), or some peasants.

-If I select to try and kill the guy who's already dead, it bugs out and the entire event chain halts, leaving the Blood Moon unfinished.

Note that I've run this several times, and it seems to be random between Prisoner #1 and Prisoner #2 who gets picked, but it seems to be the same guy the whole way through.

I'm not sure what the correction here is. Possibly there's something wrong in 1031's selection criteria which is causing it to fail to get all the prisoners, or that's letting it pick guys who are dead/already sacrificed. I note that Dewguru put in checks specifically to stop this sort of thing, but it's apparently failing somehow. I'll pick at it a bit more and see if I can figure out why.