[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

Bah. Figures. The upload function at Lovers Lab seems to be broken, at least for me.

I click on the browse field, select my file, and when I click for it to be uploaded or attached, the field block turns solid white and nothing happens.

I even tried to submit it, in hopes that it would post, and I also tried to attach it to this message. I'm going to bed, and I'll try it again after work tomorrow. If it seems to just be me, I'll try another browser or something.

Working on a mod myself, I found having a look at DW invaluable. I have a quick question though, and perhaps someone can help:

In DW functions like DWCore.9000 (contained in DWCore.txt) use code like the following to govern the probability for pregnancies:

random = {
                chance = 1
                modifier = {
                    factor = 3
                    ROOT = { fertility = 0.25 }
                }
                modifier = {
                    factor = 3
                    FROM = { fertility = 0.25 }
                }
                modifier = {
                    factor = 1.75
                    ROOT = { fertility = 0.5 }
                }
                modifier = {
                    factor = 1.75
                    FROM = { fertility = 0.5 }
                }
                modifier = {
                    factor = 1.5
                    ROOT = { fertility = 0.75 }
                }
                modifier = {
                    factor = 1.5
                    FROM = { fertility = 0.75 }
                }
                modifier = {
                    factor = 1.25
                    ROOT = { fertility = 1 }
                }
                modifier = {
                    factor = 1.25
                    FROM = { fertility = 1 }
                }
                ROOT = { impregnate = FROM } # Woman is knocked up by the guy/futa
            }

As I understand it, provided both parties have fertility of 1 or higher the chances of pregnancy are about 96.9% or 27.6% at fertility 0.5 each. My question is, are these the same probabilities as ck 2 uses? Call me stupid if you like, but I couldn't for the life of me find anything enlightening on the subject in either in the Paradox forums nor the ck2 files.

On an unrelated note, it's such a joy to see someone commenting their code in such a fashion as you do. Thanks for that and keep up the good work!

Im not at my main comp right now.. but i do think those are close to the same values in ck2 vanilla...

did some searching in the files..(yay for remote) ... what dew has is in some cases more detailed as far as changes, in other cases, its less compliated.

depends on what is spawning the pregnancy in vanilla/dlc.. its spread across several files..  but similar kind of values.

honestly.. at this point it would be nice to have at least a little more cleaner setup like what Dew has.. cause.. theres more than a dozen files that comes up with impregnate in the search file contents in windows.. and thats not counting localizaion files.. so.. yes.. its a bit messy in vanilla/dlc.

and yes Dew's comments in the files helps alot... be nice if more modders did the same with that detail. 

Iv been trying the last week to merge DW and HaremKings.... and... somthing at least since upgrading past 2.4.5... now causes HK to crash as soon as i load a game.. past char creation/choice, so once it would try and finally load into the game map. ... and the comments detail has helped to learn the code, and thus iv been able to isolate to something down in HK... but i cant figure it out just yet.

Anyway.. il get it at some point i think.  And hope you have less issues w/ the comp Dew.. lookin forward to some of the core and other module updates.

# .600 Bad dog rapes woman - selecting the woman (hunter with bad_dog flag bounce)
character_event = {
         id = DWRandom.600

has_character_flag = bad_dog

is_triggered_only = yes
         hide_window = yes

trigger = {
                 liege = {
                       any_courtier = {
                               is_female = yes
                               is_adult = yes
                               NOT = { trait = incapable }
                               prisoner = no
                        }
                  }
            }

Would anyone know why this event does not trigger?

manually entering it shows that no females exist in my court which is impossible. I'm pretty sure I have the bad_dog flag as well. So i'm at a loss.

# .600 Bad dog rapes woman - selecting the woman (hunter with bad_dog flag bounce)
character_event = {
         id = DWRandom.600

is_triggered_only = yes
         hide_window = yes

trigger = {
                 liege = {
                       any_courtier = {
                               is_female = yes
                               is_adult = yes
                               prisoner = no
                        }
                  }
            }

manually entering it shows that no females exist in my court which is impossible. I'm pretty sure I have the bad_dog flag as well. So i'm at a loss.

Try adding the char flag with console command

character_event = {

id = DWRandom.600

is_triggered_only = yes

hide_window = yes

trigger = {

liege = {

any_courtier = {

is_female = yes

is_adult = yes

prisoner = no

}

}

}

If you are triggering it for your character, then it must be independent or there must be a fwmale courtier in your liege's court (not in yours).

Also, are you sure it is not rriggering? Ir has hide_window = yes, which mean it is a hidden event. Which are its effects?

character_event = {

id = DWRandom.600

is_triggered_only = yes

hide_window = yes

trigger = {

liege = {

any_courtier = {

is_female = yes

is_adult = yes

prisoner = no

}

}

}

If you are triggering it for your character, then it must be independent or there must be a fwmale courtier in your liege's court (not in yours).

Also, are you sure it is not rriggering? Ir has hide_window = yes, which mean it is a hidden event. Which are its effects?

It is a typical DW event: It is triggered by an on_action yearly_pulse as random event.

It will trigger another event

immediate = {
        location = {
            random_courtier = {
                limit = {
                    is_female = yes
                    is_adult = yes
                    prisoner = no
                }
                narrative_event = { id = DWRandom.603 } #female courtier event
            }
        }
    }

Edit: I think the problem is, the event looks in the court of your liege. Not sure if it is applicable if you are independent

character_event = {

id = DWRandom.600

is_triggered_only = yes

hide_window = yes

trigger = {

liege = {

any_courtier = {

is_female = yes

is_adult = yes

prisoner = no

}

}

}

character_event = {
         id = DWRandom.600

hide_window = yes

trigger = {

liege = {
                       any_courtier = {
                               is_female = yes
                               is_adult = yes
                               prisoner = no
                        }
                  }
            }
For the immediate part, use cdr flags

This is an immediate event, it cycles every month searching for characters with the flag. is_triggered shit cancels out the cycling and leaves it dormant unless you use on_actions

Bug report (1.29):

-Futa children do not get their dick size traits when they come of age.  After digging around in the files it seems that the event that's suppose to trigger this isn't firing, as the futa characters are not having the dw_junk_checked flag set on them.  I did a cursory look around the files and I can't see what the cause of the issue might be.  The virginity and tits events are working as intended.  

For the moment, I'm just console assigning dick traits whenever I notice the issue.

And to add.. depending on the way the file was packaged.. you either just need the -modname.mod- file and the zip file in the Mod folder, or you can extract to have both the .mod file and the folder with all the mod files, in the Mod folder.

The game can work with archive file as its source.. so you dont always have to extract everything.

Just wanted to check in on dewguru -- last we heard from you was nearly a week ago, when you were getting ready to upload but the board was broken.  Everything okay?  No problem if real life has gotten busy or something, but I've just been wondering what's up.  Hope you're okay!

Just wanted to check in on dewguru -- last we heard from you was nearly a week ago, when you were getting ready to upload but the board was broken.  Everything okay?  No problem if real life has gotten busy or something, but I've just been wondering what's up.  Hope you're okay!

judging by the speed of his work. he probably spent entire week writing 2 paragraphs of flavor text.

yes, as a gamedev i simply cannot fathom how one man can only produce 1 event per week. i understand, that real life is a thing, but i sincerely believe, that he has enough free time to fulfill an unreasonable demand of...lets say...2 events per week. yes i know, 2 events per week is madness in scale. thats like, double the current production value!

judging by the speed of his work. he probably spent entire week writing 2 paragraphs of flavor text.

yes, as a gamedev i simply cannot fathom how one man can only produce 1 event per week. i understand, that real life is a thing, but i sincerely believe, that he has enough free time to fulfill an unreasonable demand of...lets say...2 events per week. yes i know, 2 events per week is madness in scale. thats like, double the current production value!

I love when people start to talk about what they consider "reasonable demand" from a guy who is creating games, mods ect. on their free time, and without getting anything in return expect from gratitude.

Also thrilled by the fact the poster is a lurker, since its his/her first post on the board.

I hope that dewguru just adds this person to ignore, and keeps enjoying creating free stuff for us all.

One of the more typical things that happen with mods and other volunteer work is that people eventually burn out, and when you see comments from professionals that by their own judgement seems to be able to do so much better without actually producing anything, there is little wonder to why it is so.

withut specualtating too much i wil point out that Dew did say that he experienced a computer crash and im sure his update will arrive when his time and/or equipment once again allows it.

Has anyone else tried the old version and Neo5niper's patch to get it work with the current version of the game? I was wanting to use it mostly to have the slavery mechanics again, but for some reason after choosing to enslave a prisoner there is no option to train them. I know it's probably some issue with the new options conclave added in the diplo menu, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Just wanted to check in on dewguru -- last we heard from you was nearly a week ago, when you were getting ready to upload but the board was broken. Everything okay? No problem if real life has gotten busy or something, but I've just been wondering what's up. Hope you're okay!

This is a personal project, go make your own if you don't like the pace. Go on, make up random quotas for yourself and see how enjoyable it is to put a value of productivity on a hobby.

One of the more typical things that happen with mods and other volunteer work is that people eventually burn out,

Basically when it goes from being fun to being a chore. Nothing like people whining to make that transition quicker.

So! Let's try changing it up a bit eh? What are some aspects of the mod people really enjoy? Let's praise some of the fun we've had while we wait.

I myself have been entertained by the werewolves. My custom countess snagged the 'alpha bitch' trait (I think that's the one) due to high intrigue and then when Fenrir had a bad run of luck in his starting spawn, kidnapped him to make him her personal slave :D 

The following generations had to deal with the growing werewolf population, and the schemes of Fenrir, it was quite entertaining!

I love when people start to talk about what they consider "reasonable demand" from a guy who is creating games, mods ect. on their free time, and without getting anything in return expect from gratitude.

Also thrilled by the fact the poster is a lurker, since its his/her first post on the board.

I hope that dewguru just adds this person to ignore, and keeps enjoying creating free stuff for us all.

See, I may be a lurker but I respect people who take time out of their lives to mod or build games for others to enjoy.  I leave the complaints in my mind and in this case, take them out on neighboring nations instead of acting like that guy.

I had the Dark World mod for a little while now, however when I saw this mod I immediately changed it, but now I can only begin from the Trap start or the Standard Human, and those are the only starting options, I have the most recent version which is 2.5.2, but I'm not sure...

I used the console commands, and added the vampire trait, so it is in the game but I have played into a game for a few hours and had no Vampire or Werewolf events and no characters appear at my court, apart from the caravan master event, but thats it, have I installed the mod incorrectly?