[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

So, uh I wanted to ask about something in particular. I really enjoy this mods vampire and werewolf feature but i find it annoying that this mod is the only good one out right now. I wish to be blunt and ask if it would ever be possible to make a standalone version of the vampire/werewolf feature mod?

I noticed that the mod author cannot offer installation support except for Windows however I was wondering if anyone else here can help me with my Mac. I have used previous versions of Dark World Reborn with this computer so I understand the installation process but have since deleted the files. The recent versions 1.86a and 1.87 have been problematic for me. Here is an overview of what has been happening:

1) The download goes well.

2) I extracted the zip file into the correct CK2 mods folder according to previous direct download experience.

3) The mod shows up in the launch screen and I activate it with a checkmark.

4) In the initial screen after the game launches it lists Dark World Reborn as active.

however

5) The DWR game rules never show up and the mod shows absolutely no indication it works in game.

I would appreciate if anyone has any insight as how to fix this issue.

Also, while I appreciate this mod for it's creativity and mechanics, the sexual content can be a bit overwhelming for my taste. I know that some of it can be moderated using the game rules but I've found that some disabled/explicit content still leak through (unless it has been patched in more recent versions). I mostly like the mod for the SFW parts (fantastical races, famous fictional characters, and special abilities like Wizards Tower). Dewguru, if it is not too much to ask, would you ever consider making a SFW-only version of the mod that includes stuff like the Fairytales, Heroes/Villains, etc.? If you could make something like that to go on the Steam workshop that could also help alleviate some installation issues in the future.

Thanks

On 11/11/2020 at 6:11 PM, Drax70 said:

Which weekend? It's over a month with no news. Is everything ok? ????

Well, I'd like to say all hasn't been okay, but then again, there are people who are experiencing much worse things than I. So, how about I go with, things haven't been going as well as I would have liked for them to be going.

I'm going to see about wrapping up and posting the last change I've got. It'll probably be my final update. If so, I'll update the front page, granting full permission for someone to take what's there and run with it - as long as you and the others who've contributed are alright with it.

21 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'll update the front page, granting full permission for someone to take what's there and run with it - as long as you and the others who've contributed are alright with it.

No problem with me, about the second part BUT about the first, what do you mean by "run with it"? Free to claim stuff for his own as long as he/she maintains it? If so, then we are all in a loop.....again! ?

On 10/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, Ensavil said:

I have encountered an issue regarding a random encounter when a female commander is ambushed by mercenaries (event with the id Drax70_encounter.51). I was defending against an English holy war for as a norse queen when the previously mentioned event was triggered. I chose to fight back and won due to very high personal combat skill. The problem is, the game has apparently marked my character as both parties in a duel, causing her to die in combat after "winning" a fight against herself. The issue seems to only manifest when there is no actual mercenary company fighting on the side the enemy as I had experienced the event before during a different war, causing a mercenary company`s courtier to get wounded after a failed ambush. Edit: The issue manifests despite a mercenary company fighting for the enemy. While my knowledge of modding is fairly limited, I theorise that the "else = {...}" section within the event Drax70_encounter.51, which is supposed to spawn a randomly generated opponent in case there are no actual mercenaries avaliable, is somehow malfunctioning.

My game version is 3.3.3 and the DW version used is 1.86. I use a boatload of mods as well as a personal compatibility submod designed to prevent game-breaking incompatibility from occuring. The most likely source of inter-mod issues is Mythos 3 as it overwrites plenty of vanilla files, including 00_scripted_effects.txt. I will try to patch the difference between vanilla "spawn_great_commander_effect" scripted effect and that of Mythos 3 and report back once I got the results.

Edit: Replacing "spawn_great_commander_effect" from Mythos 3 with its vanilla version doesnt`t fix the issue, the queen keeps dueling and wounding/killing/losing to herself. Using "charinfo" console command reveals that the game marks the player character as both event_target: combatant_1 and event_target: combatant_2.

Edit 2: I have removed all overwrites done via my compatibility submod to the file Drax70_encounter_events.txt. "Charinfo" commands reveals that the player character in the event Drax70_encounter.51 is simultaneously marked as event targets "combatant_1", "combatant_2", "my_duel_target", ROOT, FROM and THIS. I doubt that a compatibility issue with any other mod I use would be able to cause such a situation.

CK2_DW_bug_screenshot.bmp 5.93 MB · 36 downloads

CK2_DW_bug_screenshot2.bmp 5.93 MB · 2 downloads

Wow. Impressive detail. I'll take a look at it to see how it's marking individuals.

Edit: And... I see the issue. Sure enough, while it checks to see if there is a mercenary leader, it then ignores whether there is one or not and simply applies all 3 targets to ROOT. One on purpose (combatant_1), and the other two accidentally - like it's missing the actual scope to a mercenary leader after checking to see if one existed. The else suffers from the same issue. I don't think Drax70 will object to my taking a stab at fixing it.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, Drax70 said:

Bug report:

- If I summon a Familiar, it remains with me for all my life and my character now has 2 Familiars, a Wolf and an Imp because I thought, if I summon something different it will replace the one I already have...!

Thanks!

An imp and an animal familiar are two different types. So yes, it is possible.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:46 PM, Celedhring said:

Dewguru,

Is there any further interactions with the Beast/Belle after you spare him and allow him to serve you (and the Beast gets to keep Belle for himself)?  because after that point, going to Belle's village and visiting the cobbler results in just a placeholder picture of Belle and the Beast together.  I certainly wouldn't mind getting into a *cough* threesome with those two.

Nothing actually implemented along those lines. One of too many plans I had.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:39 PM, aMemorandum said:

Hi boss, couple minors issues here.

1. In events/Raynor.txt: For raynor.403 (Wicked priest events), the "is_female checks" for the 4 possible descriptions are repeating two conditions twice, instead of having it alternate for all the 4 combinations. From the look of the description, it should be no/no, yes/no, no/yes, and yes/yes.

2. Also in Raynor.txt: For raynor.510 (Pillage events), the "is_female" checks for the two pictures are reversed.

Got them. Thank you.

On 11/8/2020 at 5:33 PM, Anenn said:

Okay, a doubt, is this mod (and LL mods in general for CK2) compatible with some mods that add new worlds? Like this one from the workshop https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2170659885&searchtext= Faerun - Forgotten Realms Total Conversion or https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1799462681&searchtext=  Elder Kings - Landmarks

It might be. Look at the first page, second section that is a bunch of Q&A stuff, and then look at the last one that talks about how to set-up compatibility with an overhaul like the AGOT mod.

Okay. I might have something else to add, but right now, worst case, this is what would get posted this weekend.

v1.88 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Removed the Wellspring offmap entity. It was an idea from years ago for magic that never got implemented and I went with an easier method.
    - Corrected an issue where the mana potion was not removed after use. (thx DrPill)
    - Corrected an incorrect ball image (thx Drax70)
    - Corrected an issue with a bad event_target on the event where a female commander may be ambushed. (thx Ensavil)
    - Corrected an issue with a description check and image check on a pair of Raynor provided events. (thx aMemorandum)

On 12/3/2020 at 10:43 PM, dewguru said:

Okay. I might have something else to add, but right now, worst case, this is what would get posted this weekend.

v1.88 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Removed the Wellspring offmap entity. It was an idea from years ago for magic that never got implemented and I went with an easier method.
    - Corrected an issue where the mana potion was not removed after use. (thx DrPill)
    - Corrected an incorrect ball image (thx Drax70)
    - Corrected an issue with a bad event_target on the event where a female commander may be ambushed. (thx Ensavil)
    - Corrected an issue with a description check and image check on a pair of Raynor provided events. (thx aMemorandum)

Alright, I'm adding some events, and didn't get them done just yet. Probably won't be tonight, due to work. Nothing super awesome. Just a handful or random events.

Alright, instead of delaying this longer. I'm just going to post 1.88 with the fixes.

This also means that I'm still planning at least one more future update as well, which will have the handful of events I wanted to add.

Plus - I was thinking, for those who enjoy the Drax70 image add-ons, I might just upload 2 versions of the mod. One default Dark World, the other Drax70 Dark World. With the only difference being the Drax70 image pack is already integrated. Would that be of any interest? If so, I'd probably do it with the future release, not this one.

Heh. In case someone managed to download the 1.88 file that was there for about 5 minutes after it's initial upload - delete that one and then download the current one.

I found out I zipped it before saving two of the files that had changes.

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

Great! :D

By the way, is this update save game compatible?

And what about the future, final one? Will it corrupt my current game save or not?

Most probably, I will continue playing CK2, until CK3 drops 15-20 euros in it's price...!

Thanks!

None of the changes made above should impact save files. Same with the next/last planned update I've got.

Version 1.83 was the last version that wasn't save game compatible with earlier versions, so as long as your save file is from 1.83 to current (1.88), you should be fine.

Question: does anyone know how to make the vampire seduction event not fire? I'm attempting to remove it entirely from the game, as well as the vampires in general. I like vampires as a concept, but the seduction events fire MUCH too often. 

If there was an auto-decline ability, this would also be a godsend. 

On 12/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, Falsehood11 said:

Can't seem to get this mod to work with After The End Old World. Tried the dependency edit to the .mod file, but it still hard crashes to desktop every time I try to start a new game with both enabled. Anyone have any ideas as to a fix?

Documents > Paradox Interactive > Crusader Kings II > logs

In there, you should have an error.log file. Can you past what it is showing? If it's more than a handful of lines, please post it in a Spoiler block.

Bug report:

- Despite the fact that I have "Hero & Villain" content disabled, I'm still able to build the Lair and the Hall in my county!

- When I'm at war, I get Ball invitations....! ?

- The Bordello improvement events still fire twice...!

- And something strange happened after my character died. All the characters, from the Bordello improvement event, died instantly with him from a natural death, despite the fact that most of them were below thirties...!!!

By the way, any progress....? ?