[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

I keep getting these weird seductiony, vampirey events which I assume are related to this mod's new vampire content, but I turned the vampires off in the game rules at the start. It's very annoying because I'm playing another mod with different vampires so I don't want to mess with these but they keep reducing my health with nothing I can do about it.

4 hours ago, Soul41 said:

I hate to ask someone for this! But can someone check what the f... is wrong with this? I get i think 16 empty events, this file is from DW dollarsmy but he is not active for days. I am frustrated, i tried everything....

DWD_Court.rar

Just a quick glance shows most of the events are broken. I cleaned the scripting up but it might still not work. If the rest of his mod looks like this I would recommend not using.

DWD_Court Što će biti.txt

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, whateverdontcare said:

I keep getting these weird seductiony, vampirey events which I assume are related to this mod's new vampire content, but I turned the vampires off in the game rules at the start. It's very annoying because I'm playing another mod with different vampires so I don't want to mess with these but they keep reducing my health with nothing I can do about it.

I imprisoned a vampire that started doing this to me, then she turned my daughter into a vampire from prison then they both started doing this to me.

I'm having some issues with the vampire module. I deciding to hold off on "starting the mod" with the intrigue button for a couple years while I solidified my position...in the meantime, some random vampire attacked and killed me, thus my newborn infant daughter inherited, and so I began the mod with her. Does the mod treat vampire children differently? Because the first thing that happens is it's nearly impossible to "wine and dine" anyone into becoming a thrall, regardless of how many "50/50 success" chances I have, in fact I make most people my rivals. Second problem is the hypnotize option costs more health than just feeding will gain you, so I lose health, and then gain a smaller amount, (or none at all) back, thus slowly killing myself by feeding! this process keeps my health so low that I cannot even get the hypnotize option anymore, and thus I also cannot feed, and since enthralling anyone is basically about a 2% success rate (I've invited dozens of ppl with terrible intrigue and knowledge stats, and wined and dined them all several times only to get 1-3 thralls, and at .5 health gain per feeding, and me losing 1.0 health each year....well the math doesn't work out unless I constantly have multiple cattle who won't die after I feed on them, in most cases, once. ) And finally, they die not long after i feed on them. Only a couple have managed to live longer than 2 feedings, and those separated by months.  I'm not even sure they ever heal.  I really like the premise of this module, have waited over a year to see the vampirism module finished, the Succubus/Incubus module worked flawlessly and was great fun, but I'm wondering if the mod isn't working correctly now after the game updates, etc. I did completely uninstall and reinstall this mod before playing btw. I hope this doesn't come across at a bitch and moan post, I really do love the overall mod, and have had great fun with it, I'm just having issues with this module, and am hoping that it's either not working properly for me, thus I can fix it, or things change as an adult vampire? 

SOME SMALL SUGGESTIONS TO DEWGURU

Thank you for keeping this mod in shape. I honestly can't play without it.
I've come up with some small improvements (in my eyes that is). I even won't be an ass and will write them myself, feel free to alter/use these if you like them.

1)
Now that mages are getting some love, it comes to mind that Trait allowing to use arcane powers should more significant than few +/- 1 stats an small opposite penality.
My idea below is built on mages from witcher universe.

Spoiler

# trait
mage = {
    customizer = no
    random = no
    opposites = {
        zealous # Religious zealots tend to be the bane of mages
    }

diplomacy = 3 #Despite untrustworthy, many times people who could afford their services find such abilities useful from time to time.
    intrigue = 3 #Magic is mysterious
    learning = 5 #Always tinkering and trying something new in their search for fresh discoveries
    command_modifier = { morale_offence = 0.2 } #Will to fight vanish when meteor annihilate platoon in front of you

martial = -3 #Not exactly interested in weapons when they can call lightning bolts on your enemies
    general_opinion = -15 #Devil's spawns in eyes of common people. Envy and fear also play their part. Other mages also don't like competition
    church_opinion = -15 #The church is even more wary then the general public of these individuals who tamper with powers best left to the god(s).
    global_revolt_risk = 0.03 # Simple peasants will blame everything on mages. Worse than Jews!
    fertility = -0.70 # "For some abilities, they payed with others". (should be strong but overcome-able)

ai_rationality = 20 # Often views the larger picture and plans accordingly
    ai_zeal = -50 # Don't hold a lot of sway on the whole religious mumbo-jumbo
}

2)
Speaking of witcher, small but cute request - female mages could be call Sorceresses

Spoiler

#local
mage;[Root.GetMageGender];;;;;;;;;;;;;x
mage_trait_male_text;Mage;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
mage_trait_female_text;Sorceress;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

#custom local
defined_text = {
    name = GetMageGender

text = {
        localisation_key = mage_trait_male_text
        trigger = {
            is_female = no
        }
    }
    text = {
        localisation_key = mage_trait_female_text
        trigger = {
            is_female = yes
        }
    }
}

3) This one is kind of important, at least to me
Sometimes, events from other mods may block character's ability to have regular sex.
Whenever it is chastity belt, flacid cock curse or any other devilry, simple flag condition for  sex decisions would be most welcome.
At least for the major, obvious ones : "brothel work/visit" and "spend time with".

Spoiler

# allow - all decision
            custom_tooltip = { # Scope should not be blocked from sex
                text = dw_sex_blocker
                NOT = { has_character_flag = dw_sex_blocker_flag }
            }

# allow - targetted decision
            from = {
                custom_tooltip = { # Scope should not be blocked from sex
                    text = dw_sex_blocker
                    NOT = { has_character_flag = dw_sex_blocker_flag }
                }
            }
# local
dw_sex_blocker;Is able to have sex;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

A power outage resulted in a little lost work, which in turn led to me setting things aside for about two weeks. I'm going to release something this week, just because it's been too long in coming.

Here's the change log for what will be released at some point this week (most likely this coming weekend).

v1.69 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Vampires shouldn't be able to try and sire someone who is already a vampire.
    - Vampires with a lover shouldn't be able to feed on any NPC. The check is intended to restrict it to their lover (or thrall).
    - Vampires aren't meant to be feeding on other vampires (vampires don't like being used as cattle).
    - New event/npc/decision
    - Added a few decision icons to existing decisions that didn't have them.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

A power outage resulted in a little lost work, which in turn led to me setting things aside for about two weeks. I'm going to release something this week, just because it's been too long in coming.

Here's the change log for what will be released at some point this week (most likely this coming weekend).

v1.69 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Vampires shouldn't be able to try and sire someone who is already a vampire.
     - Vampires with a lover shouldn't be able to feed on any NPC. The check is intended to restrict it to their lover (or thrall).
    - Vampires aren't meant to be feeding on other vampires (vampires don't like being used as cattle).
    - New event/npc/decision
    - Added a few decision icons to existing decisions that didn't have them.

The best part of the month has finally arrived!

Question: Did you manage to prevent immortal courtiers in the player's court from giving up their immortality?

22 hours ago, rance said:

The best part of the month has finally arrived!

Question: Did you manage to prevent immortal courtiers in the player's court from giving up their immortality?

I've not tested it - but that change is ready for the next release.

I believe it's as simple as adding a host = { ai = yes } to the allowed block within the decision. Which should mean that in order for an immortal character to consider removing their immortality, they have to be within an ai/computer court. For those in the player's court, it'd be false and thus not allowed.

There is a risk if your immortal court member ends up imprisoned, as the person who has them imprisoned would then be their host, but I think that's an acceptable risk/challenge.

employer = { ai = no } would remove the imprisonment risk.

An evwn stronger solution: you can add a immortalised_by_player flag to the recipient in the decision to make them immortal effect and then a not = { has_character_flag = immortalised_by_player } check in the other decision.

1 hour ago, ngppgn said:

employer = { ai = no } would remove the imprisonment risk.

An evwn stronger solution: you can add a immortalised_by_player flag to the recipient in the decision to make them immortal effect and then a not = { has_character_flag = immortalised_by_player } check in the other decision.

I'm not opposed to the imprisonment risk leading to the loss of immortality. My sharing it was a heads-up, rather than an 'it is the best I can come up with' type of statement.

I also don't want to use flags, as it could lead to a lot of immortal beings outside of the court which can lead to issues from what I recall. I'm pretty certain that the only reason I've even got a decision where immortality can be removed, is because of folks reporting issues with it when it got widespread when they were playing for a couple centuries.

EDIT: The reasoning behind not being opposed to imprisonment potentially leading to a player using the decision to remove immortality, is because being a prisoner would suck, and they'd potentially be exposed to all sorts of undesirable shit. Leading up to the choice of death, or dealing with a fate that's worse than death. Plus, it adds real motivation to do everything in your power if you have an immortal spouse who's imprisoned by another country.

On 7/12/2018 at 5:21 PM, bicobus said:

If possible, could you make "feeding" passive if willing resources are present? To manage a flock of thrall to feed each year is not only distracting but also gets dull by its repetition. Especially when you have to manage vice royalty and other happily intensive click mechanics. Those dukes don't stop dying :(

I would prefer that the act of creating a thrall be high risk, less than hunting though, and easier than it is currently. I mean, based on vampire seducing and suspicion (people will be careful around a vampire if the character is suspected of being one). Once a vampire as a thrall, it is relatively secure, however thralls don't live forever thus requires the vampire to continuously take risks over the years. The hunt would be useful in case of emergencies, like after plague or during a war (you can't just feed on your thrall in the middle of a war camp).

So basically, to have the feeding mechanic to be less action intensive but riskier.

I've thought about what you mention, and right now I don't really see an issue I guess. You only have to feed twice a year, or hunt once, in order to cover the annual health loss. Anything more would result in bonus health.

One of the downsides to feeding, is that while you gain health, your target loses it. So if you feed regularly, they'll become weaker and more susceptible to disease over time. Yes a person may generate more blood, but feeding is more than just taking blood from an individual. I'm following the vampire lore that tends to show thralls in a gradual state of decay, so I've no plans on removing the negative impact on those who are fed upon.

If I were to make it passive, that would include doing a countdown for each thrall, with 0 resulting in death. So you're looking at thralls dying every 4 to 5 years on average in passive mode - all in order to save from having to do a hunt or pair of feed actions a year to counteract the health loss.

I do understand what you're requesting. A challenge with events and mechanics is finding a balance between those who like to do a lot of actions during a year, compared to those who speed up game play and only want infrequent interruptions. Right now, I believe what is in place is a reasonable burden.

I have played the mod for quite a while now (i really like it btw) but i haven't found out what is special about being a werewolf bitch. Does it do anything else other than give you a debuff? And if so are there any plans to expand that with events?

17 hours ago, rololo123 said:

I have played the mod for quite a while now (i really like it btw) but i haven't found out what is special about being a werewolf bitch. Does it do anything else other than give you a debuff? And if so are there any plans to expand that with events?

I think that content was discontinued in favor of main plotline stuff.

On 7/25/2018 at 4:53 AM, dewguru said:

I've thought about what you mention, and right now I don't really see an issue I guess. You only have to feed twice a year, or hunt once, in order to cover the annual health loss. Anything more would result in bonus health.

One of the downsides to feeding, is that while you gain health, your target loses it. So if you feed regularly, they'll become weaker and more susceptible to disease over time. Yes a person may generate more blood, but feeding is more than just taking blood from an individual. I'm following the vampire lore that tends to show thralls in a gradual state of decay, so I've no plans on removing the negative impact on those who are fed upon.

If I were to make it passive, that would include doing a countdown for each thrall, with 0 resulting in death. So you're looking at thralls dying every 4 to 5 years on average in passive mode - all in order to save from having to do a hunt or pair of feed actions a year to counteract the health loss.

I do understand what you're requesting. A challenge with events and mechanics is finding a balance between those who like to do a lot of actions during a year, compared to those who speed up game play and only want infrequent interruptions. Right now, I believe what is in place is a reasonable burden.

I would agree with you if the actions required to make a thrall weren't that costly. You effectively need to "hunt" a possible thrall, that is to find a proper target. Hypnotism is too costly to use for the effect given, actually any kind of spell requiring "health" is too costly because of the rarity and fragility of the vampire's thralls. As it is right now, I would rather suck everything from the thrall and store all the health on my character than to have a walking blood bag susceptible to sudden death.

As a vampire lord you really want to be left alone and hope your cattle do not band together to hunt you down. You want your thralls to live a long life, so you need a lot. What usually kills vampire followers isn't the vampire, but the slow dehumanizing process of being under another overwhelming power. You cannot have free will, so your soul slowly fades. That's the morale behind the vampires stories, I believe.

I do not specifically request any challenge, albeit some would be nice, but rather to be offered the option to not micromanage my vampire and his cattle. After all, I have wars to declare and plots to twist.

On another related topic. A way to improve the vampire hunting the player, that one could come through an event the player declare like the annual feast. To be honest, the random event is slowly getting on my nerves. Every time it occurs I wish for a way to disable it. I mean, even if I kill the vampire in the fight another one will come, right? Well, maybe it's part of a greater event chain.

Lastly, I still get crashes due to the immortal Lilith. Sadly my rulers aren't part of the lilith cult when crashes start to occurs, so I can't easily kill Lilith. Current year is 847, I started at the year 770. The representative of the offmap power could probably be immortal, so you could shift everything that way: have the offmap power to be ruled by a "shadow" deity, and the representative to be lilith.

I love how my current playthrough had Fenris spawn in far from where I was (so I had no werewolf events), he sat around for 200 years not actually expanding anything and then went off to China

Is there a way to start a game with Fenris on the map (but not using the Fenris ally start) so I can set up near him/or does he always sapwn in the same area

Looking forward to your upcoming patch, this is basically the first time I've actually learned enough about CK 2 to play it properly

13 minutes ago, poopoopuh said:

I love how my current playthrough had Fenris spawn in far from where I was (so I had no werewolf events), he sat around for 200 years not actually expanding anything and then went off to China

Is there a way to start a game with Fenris on the map (but not using the Fenris ally start) so I can set up near him/or does he always sapwn in the same area

Looking forward to your upcoming patch, this is basically the first time I've actually learned enough about CK 2 to play it properly

It's random. He shouldn't be getting sent to china though.

Latest patch for both DW:R and CK2, no other mods.

So I found that the event that should be "DWVisits.160" that exists in the localization excels of DWVisits and DWCore an event for futa player on female lover (the only event that would let you impregnate a female outside of Hermione/some random whore in the bordello) doesn't actually exists on the DWVisits document.

I know it's the event intended for that because DWVisits.170 which does exist is the event for female player on futa lover and both share an almost 1:1 description. 

As it stands futas can only get handjobs and footjobs from lovers as a player, and can only impregnate through the bordello and Hermione.

EDIT: 

Mhm... shit, disregard the above mental retardation please.

One of the DWSex events just triggered twice for me.

Going to commit sudokku now.

I swear I never saw it in at least 100 hours of playtime.

6 hours ago, Revolver "Revolver" Ocelot said:

EDIT:

Mhm... shit, disregard the above mental retardation please.

One of the DWSex events just triggered twice for me.

Going to commit sudokku now.

I swear I never saw it in at least 100 hours of playtime.

LOL you mean Seppuku!!! ?