[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 31JAN2022

4 hours ago, cloud_k95 said:

The vampire seduction event is blank. Title and picture is about vampire, but options and text is all "TODO".

The game version is 2.8.1.1 with no other mods. I've tried uninstall the game and download again, and it didn't work. 

How to fix it? thanks

3 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

1. This mod only has the bare minimum for every race besides incubus/succubus, werewolf and tentacle-kin. The vampire seduction is from the submod Dollsarmy.

2. How to fix something that goes by the title/name TODO? Easy. Write it yourself or wait till the mod author does.

Vampiric Seduction is a new feature added in Dark World Reborn, not Dollsarmy. (Dollsarmy does add quiet a few feature to vampire though) It is however not done, dewguru is still working on it and that is why it only says TODO. 

1 hour ago, zia said:

Vampiric Seduction is a new feature added in Dark World Reborn, not Dollsarmy. (Dollsarmy does add quiet a few feature to vampire though) It is however not done, dewguru is still working on it and that is why it only says TODO. 

got it. thank you!

On 4/25/2018 at 4:13 PM, simplerdayz said:

You know you can just add it back into the mod yourself, right? Duplicate a few pieces of code and change the events that code triggers. But here, voi-freakin'-la, backup your DWVisits.txt and use this one.

Futas can definitely get pregnant, but only through triggered events. So Zia and llye, both have a point here. If they do a futa start, marry a woman and take no male lovers, there's a large chance that they are going to die without heirs. I even ran a test in observer mode, a Futa-Fem marriage with 200% fertility each for 27 years until infertility produced no heirs. Which means even if a player gets around the -50% fertility malus, they can still only produce an heir if a triggered event happens. In other words, nothing in the mod circumvents the opposite-sex restriction of the base games pregnancy check. If anything there should be MTTH events, one for consorts & another for lovers, that only fire on futas, to get around the restriction. The other option being remove the restriction from the base game files, but I don't know how hard it would be to make sure women can't get women pregnant.

So anyone reading this can use the DWFuta.txt I've uploaded to get a basic, very basic, pregnancy event for futa partners. I would have liked to give it the same restrictions as the base game pregnancy check (i.e. not incapable, not commanding troops, not a prisoner, etc.) but I don't know enough about event limits and trigger conditions to do that. So instead 1 event checks if you are married and a futa, selects a random consort and runs the DW preg check, while the other checks if you have lovers and are a futa, selects a random lover and runs the DW preg check.

Edit: Re-uploaded the DWFuta.txt with an improved version of the Pregnancy MTTH events. In this version I included the limits I originally wanted for the event targets, but was too lazy to troubleshoot and test. The event will no longer trigger for characters who are incapable, imprisoned, commanding troops, ill or in hiding, as well as men and non-futa women but those last two were already in the previous version. Likewise the events will not pick potential mothers who are men, incapable, imprisoned, commanding troops, ill, in hiding or already pregnant.

Which brings me to my next issue. Now, I apologize the comments I make here are usually critical of the mod's problems, and you've made something great on a scope that is well beyond mine. However, I don't think the werekin trait was a good addition, at least, not without the planned implementations you have to make it work. As the mod is currently:

1. it makes all male werewolf starts non-viable.

2. it makes all female werewolf starts harder since they have to find a male werewolf partner.

3. it forces an pseudo Adam-Eve scenario, you have to find male werewolf partners for your daughters or be a religion were you can marry brother-sister.

4. it makes the bitch and omega male system completely obsolete.

So bipiti-bopiti-boo, download dw_night_decisions.txt and dw_decisions.csv and fellow readers can now create werewolves by clicking on their partners and friends and turning them. So can the ai every 2 years. I would have liked to written a ceremonial event where the target could refuse, but I'm lazy.

And yes, fellow readers, while I'm probably going to update these files myself for each update (depending on the content changes). I'm probably not going to post them here again, so get a program that does file comparisons and figure out how to re-implement the code changes I made for yourselves each update. It's really not that hard, I barely even know what I'm doing most of the time.

DWVisits.txt

DWFuta.txt

dw_night_decisions.txt

dw_decisions.csv

I'll be honest. People being impatient is one of the main reasons I'm hanging things up. It's been enlightening though. End result is I learned that I need to start small and focused, building up from a single point, instead of casting far and wide and trying to go back later to fill in holes.

I'll also mention - that the next time I see files like the above posted in this thread, and not as a sub-mod, that I'll simply note those topics as done and remove them from my final work list.

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'll also mention - that the next time I see files like the above posted in this thread, and not as a sub-mod, that I'll simply note those topics as done and remove them from my final work list.

Shouldn't they get integrated in the next version though? Provided @simplerdayz agrees to it.

17 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Shouldn't they get integrated in the next version though? Provided @simplerdayz agrees to it.

Sure, I suppose I can just cross off werewolves and futa's now. I'll incorporate them, so with the next release, vampires, werewolves, and futa's will be considered completed.

Alright, I should have release coming about mid-May that will wrap up my first stage of the final content arch that I'm working on.

It'll see the release of a short event series for those who choose to start as a vampire, and those powers that are little more than placeholders right now, will be done as well, with supporting events.

Also, I'll just cauterize the werewolf and futa content that folks are clamoring for now, instead of following through with my plans. To help give an idea of my work list for the final hurrah, I've been operating off of a modified version of the post I did a few months ago. Here it is now, so folks can see the future plans.

TO DO before mod retirement.
 - Revisit each Dark World Campaign start.
- Child of Lilith
- Rise of the Pack (Will be removed and set as a bonus trait - will of the users)
- Werewolf Toy (Will be removed - not worth it due to ditched Pack plans)
- Curiousity and the Cat
- Bitten and Awoken (Will be completed with a May patch release)
- For the Horde!
- Fading Twilight
- Fox and the Hound
- Divine Inspiration
- Champion of Chaos

- Include the means of maintaining a dynasty.
- Incubus/Succubus
- Werewolf (not going to be added - will of the users)
- Neko
- Vampire (target completion with a May patch release)
- Orc
- Elf
- Kitsune
- Angel
- Tentacle-kin (not an issue, may be skipped)

- Additional content tweaks
- hidden traits (in progress, 6 traits implemented accordingly so far)
- Arena combat (combat method created, not tied into arena yet)
- Wizard's College society content
- Chosen of Lilith society content
- Lilith offmap interaction
- Mana Wellspring interaction
- Spend Time With... (in progress, 1 new addition)
- Slavery
- Brothel
- NPC specific events (i.e. Harley, Belle)
- Futas (will be considered complete - will of the users)

12 minutes ago, RamsNo1 said:

Question, Can I use CK+ if its added as a dependancy?

as in is it compatible? Technically DWR is compatible with everything.  Making CK2+ a dependency is not going to do anything though, these two mods don't have anything to do with each other. Dependency is more for when one mod calls upon a different mod to use its content. Like submods.

I've discovered an optional feature for my portrait mod, brought to my attention here by zia: He's created a mod called Independent Custom Portraits that I've also supplied in my topic download. It's basically a sub-mod to any mod using my portrait system, allowing the user to have their own set of 650 portraits that won't conflict with any other mod using 650 portraits. In the case of Dark World, this means you won't have to fight over portrait space anymore if you like to use your own portraits alongside Dark World's.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxgtbv0vliuam7g/Independent_Custom_Portraits_by_zia.zip

Put all your portrait gfx's in that mod's gfx folder , then add your portrait traits via the console, as usual. By default, the traits are INSERTNAME_portraitx where x = the portrait #. You can rename INSERTNAME with Notepad++ by replacing all entries of INSERTNAME with whatever you want. Consult the included readme, also by zia.

1 hour ago, Hamakabula said:

Playing as one of the Dark World races, I noticed my children would not get the new portraits (since those are based on race/culture, not traits)

I don't use cultures. You get a trait, and a trait results in a custom portrait - but not until they become an adult, as once upon a time it could mess with a young person's development if they were assigned traits.

59 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I don't use cultures. You get a trait, and a trait results in a custom portrait - but not until they become an adult, as once upon a time it could mess with a young person's development if they were assigned traits.

They did not get the portrait as adults either though (playing as Elves in Ireland).

3 minutes ago, Hamakabula said:

They did not get the portrait as adults either though (playing as Elves in Ireland).

The only reason I can think of for a kid not getting his portrait at age up is if you changed the Defines.lua in the game files. Or you are using console commands to age them up. If you didn't do any of those then you have a corrupted download or another mod somehow overrides the elven pics. They are working just fine for everybody else.

On 4/29/2018 at 1:28 AM, dewguru said:

I'll be honest. People being impatient is one of the main reasons I'm hanging things up. It's been enlightening though. End result is I learned that I need to start small and focused, building up from a single point, instead of casting far and wide and trying to go back later to fill in holes.

My bad, man. I didn't mean to step on your toes or anything. I just saw people having the same issues that I was. I figured I'd write a bandaid fix for people that wanted to use it at least until you got around to tackling it yourself. If you feel any of the code I've written can benefit you and your vision for the mod, you are free to implement it as you see fit. For what it's worth, I do have full confidence in your direction for this mod.

Note: I've made one final re-upload of the files to my previous post and that's the last I'll post of any such files.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:36 PM, Aliris said:

I don't believe that version had any additional traits. I might have to check and see if it's referencing any in the events, though - I don't believe there were any, but I'll try and check.

You're right. I had a few hours to look through it the other night and didn't find anything that looked like it might conflict with existing traits. Also, thank you for taking the time to fix that mess!

On 4/29/2018 at 10:59 AM, dewguru said:

Alright, I should have release coming about mid-May that will wrap up my first stage of the final content arch that I'm working on.

It'll see the release of a short event series for those who choose to start as a vampire, and those powers that are little more than placeholders right now, will be done as well, with supporting events.

Also, I'll just cauterize the werewolf and futa content that folks are clamoring for now, instead of following through with my plans. To help give an idea of my work list for the final hurrah, I've been operating off of a modified version of the post I did a few months ago. Here it is now, so folks can see the future plans.

TO DO before mod retirement.
 - Revisit each Dark World Campaign start.
- Child of Lilith
- Rise of the Pack (Will be removed and set as a bonus trait - will of the users)
- Werewolf Toy (Will be removed - not worth it due to ditched Pack plans)
- Curiousity and the Cat
- Bitten and Awoken (Will be completed with a May patch release)
- For the Horde!
- Fading Twilight
- Fox and the Hound
- Divine Inspiration
- Champion of Chaos

- Include the means of maintaining a dynasty.
- Incubus/Succubus
- Werewolf (not going to be added - will of the users)
- Neko
- Vampire (target completion with a May patch release)
- Orc
- Elf
- Kitsune
- Angel
- Tentacle-kin (not an issue, may be skipped)

- Additional content tweaks
- hidden traits (in progress, 6 traits implemented accordingly so far)
- Arena combat (combat method created, not tied into arena yet)
- Wizard's College society content
- Chosen of Lilith society content
- Lilith offmap interaction
- Mana Wellspring interaction
- Spend Time With... (in progress, 1 new addition)
- Slavery
- Brothel
- NPC specific events (i.e. Harley, Belle)
- Futas (will be considered complete - will of the users)

I'm sorry the impatience of so many people has soured you on continuing with the mod, but I wanted to let you know that there are quite a few of us who have always appreciated all the hard work you've put into it, and the speed with which you've released updates. As someone who has tried his hand at modding even on a smaller scale, I know this project hasn't been easy for you, so again... Thank you for all the work you've put into it.