[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 31JAN2022

Paradox's recent changes partially broke my portrait mod. Now, any character wearing a crown treasury item has their static portrait hidden until they unequip or lose the crown because the crown is taking precedence over my static portraits. At least that's the way it is in A Game of Thrones. I can't confirm yet if the new Chinese property slots also take precedence (I still need to buy the DLC), so I'll test that later, but yea, it's possible Chinese gfx content could also interfere.

I'll post an update as I figure things out.

So I was digging through the code, and noticed a few things:

- The age-restricted events like the Fenris and Vladimir ignore immortal rulers. I'd recommend adding a failsafe exception to the age cap for those with the immortal trait, or possibly have an event to relocate them to another court.

- The ghostfucker immortals that spawn at the game start produce children at an astonishing rate, and there are so many of them, which I can foresee slowing down the game and bloating saves... with no benefit in return that I can see. Is there a reason for them to exist? Maybe consider a pregnancy failsafe mechanism using scripted effects (e.g., if a mother has more than, I dunno, 40 kids, add a -1000% fertility flag or something? With a game rule lets players toggle it off if they so desire).

- I noticed that when you ported the Ktsune mod, you dropped the mechanic for growing tails, which I thought was a shame because it made their race more unique beyond just "has one trait more than humans do". Any chance you'll consider porting it in? The code looks pretty simple, and it only took a few minutes to add it into my game.

1 hour ago, veedanya said:

So I was digging through the code, and noticed a few things:

- The age-restricted events like the Fenris and Vladimir ignore immortal rulers. I'd recommend adding a failsafe exception to the age cap for those with the immortal trait, or possibly have an event to relocate them to another court.

- The ghostfucker immortals that spawn at the game start produce children at an astonishing rate, and there are so many of them, which I can foresee slowing down the game and bloating saves... with no benefit in return that I can see. Is there a reason for them to exist? Maybe consider a pregnancy failsafe mechanism using scripted effects (e.g., if a mother has more than, I dunno, 40 kids, add a -1000% fertility flag or something? With a game rule lets players toggle it off if they so desire).

- I noticed that when you ported the Ktsune mod, you dropped the mechanic for growing tails, which I thought was a shame because it made their race more unique beyond just "has one trait more than humans do". Any chance you'll consider porting it in? The code looks pretty simple, and it only took a few minutes to add it into my game.

Sounds like you're talking about NoxBestia's submod.

I've run into a little bit of a snag and im hoping someone can help. When doing the beauty and the beast event chain Belle introduces me to Gaston. Gaston suggests we spy on her while she is having a picnic. The dialogue ends but then when I go back to the town there's no way to continue that story/ event or any others. Everytime I try and see belle her dad has no idea where she is. The bakery and hunting options are non existent and the lodge allows you to have sex with a prostitute or have an orgy with Gaston and the triplets.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Very good mod, thank you for all your hard work. One problem though. Shantae, so many Shantaes, half the rulers in the world are married to a Shantae, it's ridiculous. after a few hundred years of this around 3/4 of the rulers in my german empire have the terrible vanilla Arabic portraits because that's what Shantae has under the custom portrait. Please put in a game rule to turn off Shantae pls.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:54 AM, zia said:

Its handled by an on birth event DWCore.8000  and DWCore.8005 10% chance for females and 90% for males. You can either edit the event (found inEvents in DWCore) or you can add inherit_chance = 100 to the trait itself (it will always be inherited then)

There may be an issue at the moment with this, actually.  I started a new game using 1.56, and none of my werewolf MC's children are born as werewolves or werewolf bitches.

11 hours ago, prowl12345 said:

I've run into a little bit of a snag and im hoping someone can help. When doing the beauty and the beast event chain Belle introduces me to Gaston. Gaston suggests we spy on her while she is having a picnic. The dialogue ends but then when I go back to the town there's no way to continue that story/ event or any others. Everytime I try and see belle her dad has no idea where she is. The bakery and hunting options are non existent and the lodge allows you to have sex with a prostitute or have an orgy with Gaston and the triplets.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

most likely this event chain hasn't been finished. to my knowledge the only current event chain finished for beauty and the beast is the one ending with belle at your castle as your lover.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:36 AM, maxzmo said:

Very good mod, thank you for all your hard work. One problem though. Shantae, so many Shantaes, half the rulers in the world are married to a Shantae, it's ridiculous. after a few hundred years of this around 3/4 of the rulers in my german empire have the terrible vanilla Arabic portraits because that's what Shantae has under the custom portrait. Please put in a game rule to turn off Shantae pls.

I don't believe your issue is with my mod. I believe you're having an issue with another mod. I've never seen or experienced anything remotely like this.

On 12/13/2017 at 6:23 AM, llye said:

any eta on the next release, this month or next?

I'm actually looking at probably releasing something this weekend - but I'd only recommend folks use it if they want a really bare-bones Chosen of Lilith and Wizards College Secret Society in their world.

Mainly because I'd like to get some testing/feedback on it before I dive into adding more powers and events into the societies.

For as long as this release took, it's almost embarrassing sparse. But that's largely from the joys of figuring out how Societies worked, followed by the creative wall I ended up running into on some event localization.

Regarding the Vlad and Fenris going to China part - I'm going to add the new character flag option of ' no_court_invites ' - which is supposed to help keep someone in a specific court. Although if it's the Ruler sending them, then that probably won't work as intended.

Hey dewguru, you know that kitsune mod you imported into the main mod a while back? Any reason you stripped out the special tail traits? I only ask because when I tried adding them to my game, I encountered technical issues in the process -- but eventually figured out how to solve them. So if you removed them for technical reasons (rather than game balance, etc), I could show you how to fix them.

5 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'm actually looking at probably releasing something this weekend - but I'd only recommend folks use it if they want a really bare-bones Chosen of Lilith and Wizards College Secret Society in their world.

Mainly because I'd like to get some testing/feedback on it before I dive into adding more powers and events into the societies.

For as long as this release took, it's almost embarrassing sparse. But that's largely from the joys of figuring out how Societies worked, followed by the creative wall I ended up running into on some event localization.

Will this then conflict with Toskas mod considering he also brings lilith society ??

Hi! I apologise for the (probably) dumb question: is it possible to enslave prisoners as a republic patrician? I can't find the option but I have city primary holding in capital and castle holding in another province, both with dungeons. Any idea? Thanks in advance!

P.S. It seems I can't visit emporium with any character

5 hours ago, llye said:

Will this then conflict with Toskas mod considering he also brings lilith society ??

It shouldn't conflict. It'd just be redundant I suppose, with two different Lilith based Societies. But since I don't play with Toska's mod, I'm not familiar with what that society does, so I can't really speak to how similar or not they'd be.

4 hours ago, Cronos91 said:

Hi! I apologise for the (probably) dumb question: is it possible to enslave prisoners as a republic patrician? I can't find the option but I have city primary holding in capital and castle holding in another province, both with dungeons. Any idea? Thanks in advance!

P.S. It seems I can't visit emporium with any character

Of hand, I'm guessing the answer is no. I know originally it wasn't possible, and I've often thought about going back and adjusting that - and from what you're saying, I'm guessing I've not done it yet.

6 hours ago, veedanya said:

Hey dewguru, you know that kitsune mod you imported into the main mod a while back? Any reason you stripped out the special tail traits? I only ask because when I tried adding them to my game, I encountered technical issues in the process -- but eventually figured out how to solve them. So if you removed them for technical reasons (rather than game balance, etc), I could show you how to fix them.

Hunh? What Kitsune mod?

If you're talking about what Lapsa did, I never incorporated it, although he offered me the option. Are you certain you're thinking about someone else?

14 hours ago, dewguru said:

I don't believe your issue is with my mod. I believe you're having an issue with another mod. I've never seen or experienced anything remotely like this.

Ah, might be turtles extra trait's interfering I had a look and it does overwrite the DWwhoring events file where shantae is created, thanks for the reply :smile:  

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

Of hand, I'm guessing the answer is no. I know originally it wasn't possible, and I've often thought about going back and adjusting that - and from what you're saying, I'm guessing I've not done it yet.

Thanks for the quick reply :smile: ! Ok, I'll skip my "venetian slave route" idea then xD. ANd what about the emporium mechanic? Does it require some content to be turned on at the game start?

11 hours ago, dewguru said:

Hunh? What Kitsune mod?

If you're talking about what Lapsa did, I never incorporated it, although he offered me the option. Are you certain you're thinking about someone else?

Ah, I see. My mistake. Since they had the same race, and the previous mod was abandoned(?), I assumed you had incorporated it. But I guess it was just coincidence. Though that said, have you considered an evolving racial ability system like that for this mod? 

The Kitsune mod I was talking about grants an additional tail (and correspondingly more powerful trait) each century the character lives. I imagine similar things could be done for vampires (thrall to vampire to ancient vampires to vampire lord, etc), or possibly also elves, with relatively simple event coding. Hell, I could do it if you're busy with other stuff.

Of course, you'd have to give said races immortality, but I don't see that being game breaking given how many health-nerfing things there are in CK2 with DWR (disease, childbirth, rape, etc). In fact, given the high mortality rate of immortals, you may actually need to decrease the interval from 100 years to 50 years.