More Realistic Deaths [w.i.p]

I would pay you for the opportunity of seeing my character being eated by some forsworns.

I hope this hasn't been abandoned. It was showing a lot of promise.

Really man, hasnt gone even a month from the day this thread and mod was created and you are here hoping this hasn't been abandoned.

I would pay you for the opportunity of seeing my character being eated by some forsworns.

Really man, hasnt gone even a month from the day this thread and mod was created and you are here hoping this hasn't been abandoned.

I am not familiar with LL's mod development cycles. I am optimistic that it is being worked on. Just the lack of activity dawned on me, sorry if I came off as hopeless.

I am not familiar with LL's mod development cycles. I am optimistic that it is being worked on. Just the lack of activity dawned on me, sorry if I came off as hopeless.

he posted 5 days ago >.< takes time to do mods!

I know that. I have seen mods that I have wanted to see grow be forgotten and abandoned. Inactive forum post tend to lead to that. So I posted more or less to keep the thread alive. No need to jump my case.

I know that. I have seen mods that I have wanted to see grow be forgotten and abandoned. Inactive forum post tend to lead to that. So I posted more or less to keep the thread alive. No need to jump my case.

no jumping here buddy -.- plus its not an "inactive" forum post people and the mod author post here regularly.

Finally got around to learning how to animate today. Here's what I have made so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvVbUdTb9E

I'd be happy to do custom animations if you or anyone else can't be bothered with it.

just a black screen 4 sec vid for me >.<

It sounds like an issue on your end. Even signed out of youtube I can still see.

Here's another link: http://puu.sh/noNxC/f3d010959c.avi

I went in using 3DS Max 2012 instead of 2016 as it was crashing almost every moment I did something(Thank you Leito for showing me the way). Now that I got a better understanding of how it all works and don't need to fear the possibility of crashing I was able to redo the feeding animation from scratch with noticeable improvements. I will also provide a download link for anyone who cannot see it for some reason.

ORIGINAL

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvVbUdTb9E

Download: http://puu.sh/noNxC/f3d010959c.avi

REVISED

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL47MYk0SJY&feature=youtu.be

Download: http://puu.sh/nplY5/c1ca596ba2.avi

Hey guys, sorry for the week-long hiatus.

I was shipped off country for my job suddenly and I'm still here for the time being.

I don't imagine being held up long. Once I'm back I'll post up the new version I've been working on.

Hopefully by then I can continue with the more advanced features like Estrus.

I didn't realize so many people were keeping tabs on this mod so far, I should have posted something before I left but it's been such a rush.

For that I apologize.

@Bounty228:

Those animations look great! Keep up the good work.

I don't use a spell to havok bounce the ragdolls.

There's a built-in function called ApplyHavokImpulse which I use.

I calculate the angle of the ragdoll and actor and apply some force to the ragdoll.

EDIT: If I can remote desktop onto my computer and boot up my creation kit properly, I might be able to post some stuff tonight. Fingers crossed.

EDIT2: Holy shit remote desktop onto Creation Kit works. At a staggering 5fps. What a time to be alive.

EDIT3: Hmm. I cant actually test this until I get home. Will return soon.

Hey guys, sorry for the week-long hiatus.

I was shipped off country for my job suddenly and I'm still here for the time being.

I don't imagine being held up long. Once I'm back I'll post up the new version I've been working on.

Hopefully by then I can continue with the more advanced features like Estrus.

I didn't realize so many people were keeping tabs on this mod so far, I should have posted something before I left but it's been such a rush.

For that I apologize.

@Bounty228:

Those animations look great! Keep up the good work.

I don't use a spell to havok bounce the ragdolls.

There's a built-in function called ApplyHavokImpulse which I use.

I calculate the angle of the ragdoll and actor and apply some force to the ragdoll.

EDIT: If I can remote desktop onto my computer and boot up my creation kit properly, I might be able to post some stuff tonight. Fingers crossed.

EDIT2: Holy shit remote desktop onto Creation Kit works. At a staggering 5fps. What a time to be alive.

Noice. Hope you get home safely.

I would suggest adding Bosmer to the list of cannibals. The only thing a Wood Elf likes more than hugging trees is chowing down on a fresh kill, no matter what the species. At least when they don't wuss out on the Green Pact like they did with Elder Scrolls Online.  :dodgy: Though that would likely necessitate some sort of priority list or random chance for Bosmer bandits so there wouldn't be any confusion in the scripts about whether to rape or eat the player's corpse. (Though... bonus points if the Bosmer did both. haha)

In the future you could probably add a Death Alternative hook to the "On Death" events. It's supposed to be relatively simple to add the check and you wouldn't have to make it a master dependency... it would hook into it if the player had it or it wouldn't if they didn't.

Even before that, I'm curious if this could work with Defeat... perhaps configuring the Wound check to say 1-25% health with a percentage chance of knockout, so if you get knocked out Defeat handles it and they rape/rob you and leave you for dead or capture you or whatever, and if you die then your mods death events happen. I'll have to try that later.

I also like the idea of being reduced to a skeleton, as proposed by Proserpina:

I've been waiting for mod like this. When is the release date? can't wait to try it  :D

Idea suggestion

-Optional gore: After those wolves gnawing you several times, you will turn into a bloody skeleton. See http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38841/? for the example of transformation to skeleton script. You could change the effect into a bloody explosion.

Though perhaps instead of 'gnawing you several times', there might be an MCM slider to dictate how long the player is gnawed on before they become bloody bones. Something like a choice ranging from a few seconds to entire minutes? 

The above being the short and 'simplified' idea, and thus more realistic in terms of modding into the game. However, some more food for thought:

To expand on the idea, perhaps the time it takes to reduce the player to bones is dependent on the creature eating the player and/or how many creatures are feeding. A pack of wolves would be quicker than a single wolf, a saber cat being quicker than a single wolf, which in turn is quicker than a mere skeever. 

Then there are critters like the humble spider. Rather than reduce a player to bones, they're sucked dry instead, perhaps with the player body being swapped out for a draugr (dependent on gender). This idea was inspired by the Arachnophobia mod http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/845-arachnophobia/ with regards to being cocooned etc.

Anyhow, I do realize how potentially tricky these ideas might be to incorporate, and I'm certainly not a moder myself. Just throwing some ideas around for consideration and inspiration.

Looking good so far, so keep up the good work!

I know It's already metioned but Death Alternative seems not compatible with this mod.

As far as I'm concerned, the plugin 'PostmortemTFC.dll' is not working with DA.

I thought DA has nothing to do with real death which your mod handles, but actually it has something somehow...

I know It's already metioned but Death Alternative seems not compatible with this mod.

As far as I'm concerned, the plugin 'PostmortemTFC.dll' is not working with DA.

I thought DA has nothing to do with real death which your mod handles, but actually it has something somehow...

That's because by default DA has a "Death Alternative Death" event in the "On Death" triggers which is hardcoded at a 0 priority so any other mod can overrule it with their own. This is so that if another mod can put in an alternative to simply dying once they reach the point where death is the only option. The only mod that I know of that has a "On Death" trigger is Sanguine's Debauchery (Enhanced) where it sends you to Sanguine's Dreamworld on death. This is a different trigger from the "On Bleedout" and "On Blackout" scenarios. This mod could add a "On Death" hook to Death Alternative so that this mod's death handling was used instead. Supposedly it's about as easy as adding an MCM menu hook and Death Alternative would not have to be added as a master.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been doing too much traveling to do any kind of animating, but if someone were to continue this mod on the script side and knew how to implement the animations, then i'd be happy to continue. Possibly moving it over to Fallout 4 as well.

Travel is fine! It looks really solid so far, The only big thing I wonder is if instead of needing to reload do you think it would be possible to just "res" somewhere? then you could find the remains of your last body. I'm sure it would be easy for people to build more content on that.

I've been doing too much traveling to do any kind of animating, but if someone were to continue this mod on the script side and knew how to implement the animations, then i'd be happy to continue. Possibly moving it over to Fallout 4 as well.

Travel is fine! It looks really solid so far, The only big thing I wonder is if instead of needing to reload do you think it would be possible to just "res" somewhere? then you could find the remains of your last body. I'm sure it would be easy for people to build more content on that.

I'm not the actual creator of this mod, just animated a bit in hopes to inspire others to create some too. Though, if the creator is alright with it maybe I, or someone more knowledgeable, may resume developing this mod for Skyrim(And hopefully Fallout 4 ass well!)