Nightasy Mods - My Fallout 4 Collection

Nightasy

Hey guys maybe someone can help me, please. I have Hmm what to wear converted to cbbe, all looks nice in bodyslide. Unfortunately in game some of the outfits are not visible. I can see most of panties and leather sets but lace and sporty undies are invisible. What can couse it ?I though maybe more armor slots was doing it i remove it, tried without break undies esp still no luck.  I am, out of ideas please help anyone :(. Thanks in advance.

UhOh, this is a little long...

I am using JaneBod for the little tribe that has set up in Croup Manor (well, they made up a bunch of robots and leveled Nahant, so that that they can build the school / clinic /institute that Curie is always asking for).  Anyway, the tribe has children, teens, tweens and adults, and they all have clothes and armors adapted to JaneBod.  

There are 6 bodies: boys, girls and teen girls, tween and adult women, and the unique player.  The children's heads have been vertex edited so that they align reasonably well with the JaneBod, although there is an ongoing problem with the neck seam that I think will require an edit to the skeleton.  The clothing/armor has been addressed by a method of exhaustion (a little like solving an integral equation) so a mod like HmmWhatToWear is kind of ridiculous, making a huge pile of pieces in BodySlide (but it has been worth it).  A number of vanilla and skimpy vanilla have also been converted.  A few key pieces of mod armor are also converted, GITS, Sirius, Ashara.  Maybe Fortaleza is next, but that is also a huge task pile of conversions.

The data folder is bit of a quagmire.  The body types have their own unique streams, starting with head parts, through bodies and on to cothing/armor, props, and idles/animations and so on.  Hair and helmets have been converted for children's head sizes.  (I see that there has been some movement on giving children unique faces, but I can't get it to work with my set up.  So for now, all the children are clones and have been grown in the vat, like Shaun).

IN all it has been a bunch of fun doing this, although for sure, I am doing it all wrong,  There must be a way to adjust the armors on the fly, so that a single mesh can be used and the script would read the xml slider data for each individual, based on its body type.  That is a step too far for me right now, though.  Is it too much for the game engine, I wonder?

I wanted to report that the body physics are working when naked.  There is some distortion during harsh side to side movement that can take some time to restore - e.g. on a spin in the +Z, the right breast will push into the left breast, making it substantially smaller.  This will remain distorted for some time after the spin has stopped.  I think the use of the 3rd googlie has helped a bit with this, certainly the problem is less pronounced in the JaneBod as compared to CBBE..  The player body has been built to be a bit "pneumatic" in this department.  It is, of course, for Science!.  

It has been possible to transfer weights into the armors with very little CTD.  However, the weight transfers are variable, some clothing/armor works better than others - ie - GITS is not great, but Sirius is perfect.  The synch is often lost on fast travel and occasionally through load doors, so with some armor, there is a need to re-equip to stop the breast distortion.  There is no problem with buttock distortion.  In many clothing/armor pieces, there is a lot of distortion in crouching idles.  As I think about it, it may be that the meshes which have been edited in Maya are the ones which are most problematic.  I will look into this...

Thanks for the mod, and for all the online tutorials that allow us to explore how to expand on this body.

By the way, I use MO for the mods, so it is impossible to say that the CTDs are caused by mod - there is still a bit of instability in that manager.

Curiously, I can no longer import FBX files that have been exported from Maya into Outfit Studio.  Nothing imports. 

Have tried even a simple FBX export from OS to Maya, application of bonefit to straighten the model, then export from Maya as FBX, when I go to import the new FBX into OS, I do not get the dialog box to specify a name the new shape, and nothing is imported.

Here are the options on FBX export from Maya:
Files of type - FBX export
General Options - default file extensions
Include Geometry - Smoothing Groups, Smooth Mesh, Referenced Assets Content
Animation
Units - Centimeters
Up Axis - Y
FBX File Format - Binary, FBX 2014/2015 (have also tried FBX 2016)
FBX Plug-in version - 2016.1.2 Release (238126)

I am using OS 3.7.3 in a standalone setting and Maya 2016 SP4.  This was working in OS 3.5.25

This is also happening when I export from 3ds, with similar results - no import.

There must be something with the export from Maya, since OS imports FBXs it creates - e.g. export from OS, and then re-import that same file works fine.

Any ideas?

Curiously, I can no longer import FBX files that have been exported from Maya into Outfit Studio.  Nothing imports. 

Have tried even a simple FBX export from OS to Maya, application of bonefit to straighten the model, then export from Maya as FBX, when I go to import the new FBX into OS, I do not get the dialog box to specify a name the new shape, and nothing is imported.

Animation
Units - Centimeters
Up Axis - Y

I am using OS 3.7.3 in a standalone setting and Maya 2016 SP4.  This was working in OS 3.5.25

This is also happening when I export from 3ds, with similar results - no import.

There must be something with the export from Maya, since OS imports FBXs it creates - e.g. export from OS, and then re-import that same file works fine.

Any ideas?

Please correct me if I have misunderstood your post! Could I ask why are you trying to straighten the model outside of Outfit Studio? Simple way of converting CBBE to other body shape is to create a bodyslide CBBE template with similar shape and then use that as a base to work on with the Outfit Studio tools including copy bone weights! This in combination with Nifskope to smooth the normals and some minor clipping adjustments is all I have needed to do!

Also do you have a beta up or something of the mod, I'd love to see how you managed to successfully edit a head mesh without in game problems like facial distortion relating to speech animations!

Thanks for the reply.  I am actually doing some modifications on the meshes, for example, removing faces and changing vertices, and so I cannot use Outfit Studio to do this.  When a body form (FBX) is imported into Maya from an export from Outfit Studio, it need to be straightened.  Nightasy has created a script for this that runs in Maya.

As to the child head mod, I basically adjusted the vertices in the neck region of the child head so that it would match the neck seam of the jane bod (it has the same vertices as the CBBE and Vanilla body, as far as I can see).  There already is a child head mod on Nexus that looks to have done the same thing, although I did my adjustments independently of this.  I don't seem to have any problems with animation on the mesh.  There have been some recent additions to children's heads that appear to allow face morphing using the ghoul tris, but I haven't really tried to get them to work on my characters

I am moving pretty slowly on my "croup academy and research institute" build so there really isn't a lot I can share right now.  But, I can say that for the body, I basically leave the children and teens as child race, but use an adult body to create an adjustable shape.  JaneBod has lots of sliders and has fewer problems with unwanted wrinkles when the sliders are pushed beyond +- 100 as compared to other bodies.

Animation
Units - Centimeters
Up Axis - Y

Any ideas?

It's an MO bug. Run BodySlide outside of MO, import the FBX, save project, and then you can run BodySlide through MO and work on your project. Hopefully that's your issue and it gets resolved this way.

[etc]

It's an MO bug. Run BodySlide outside of MO, import the FBX, save project, and then you can run BodySlide through MO and work on your project. Hopefully that's your issue and it gets resolved this way.

I am running OS outside of MO and outside of the game hierarchy (I always do).  I am able to open old FBX exports, so this may have something to do with an update to Maya.  

Can someone do a quick test to see if the pipeline still works, and what versions of maya and outfit studio you are running?  

Thanks

I am running OS outside of MO and outside of the game hierarchy (I always do).  I am able to open old FBX exports, so this may have something to do with an update to Maya.  

Can someone do a quick test to see if the pipeline still works, and what versions of maya and outfit studio you are running?  

Thanks

Just tested and working properly.

• Maya 2016 SP2 (checked for updates but last update I got was a few months ago I think)
  • FBX plugin in maya is 2016.1.2 Release (238216)
  • BodySlide/OutfitStudio 3.7.5. (exe properties panel shows 3.7.0.0 which is wrong. exe is from 3.7.5 posted on 16 September 2016)

Per your comment on Nexus. If you cannot load OBJ either then something about your process or your environment is messed up.

*Edit: By chance could you post a sample of an FBX that you exported from Maya that does not load in OS?

Finally got the hang of converting outfits.

Ran into a very small issue though. All but 1 of my presets need to be updated to include a [CBBE] group before I can use them. Is there any way to get rid of that?

I'm guessing you are talking about Bodyslide / Outfit Studio.

You can find the preset in the Fallout 4\Data\Tools\BodySlide\SliderPresets folder.

They are simple xml files so you can edit them with either notepad or notepad++

Look for the line that says <Group name="CBBE"/>

and Change the CBBE part (or add it).

If you need to modify a group file then it is located in the Fallout 4\Data\Tools\BodySlide\SliderGroups folder.

Again it is a simple xml file and can be edited in either notepad or notepad++

Note: the Osp's that are in the Preset folder are also in xml format and can be edited with notepad or notepad++.

Checked through slider presets and groups and this is what I'm seeing: http://imgur.com/aKNfJZf

Edited CBBE from the Slider preset .xml and all it did was lock out that preset from being used until I undid the edit.

On another note. How are gloves converted to JB?

Just ran into a block with Cross Tactical Swimsuit and its gloves as they have CBBE hands.

Load gloves. Delete cbbe hands. Load JB hands. Rework mesh to fit. Re-do boneweights. Save. Enjoy.

Sounds easy but can be a royal PITA.

Thanks

Just tested and working properly.

• Maya 2016 SP2 (checked for updates but last update I got was a few months ago I think)
  • FBX plugin in maya is 2016.1.2 Release (238216)
  • BodySlide/OutfitStudio 3.7.5. (exe properties panel shows 3.7.0.0 which is wrong. exe is from 3.7.5 posted on 16 September 2016)

Per your comment on Nexus. If you cannot load OBJ either then something about your process or your environment is messed up.

*Edit: By chance could you post a sample of an FBX that you exported from Maya that does not load in OS?

Thanks for your note.  

I re-installed the Autodesk software, up to SP3.  obj export now works, but fbx does not.  At least for the moment, I can use obj, and do the transforms (mesh and uv) in OS.

So, I am definitely doing something wrong, missing a step somewhere, prior to export.  I will have to look at the pipeline again.  is there a simplified written tutorial I can look at, because I must be missing a key step that I am not seeing in Nightasy's videos.

Feeling silly right now because I know it's going to be somewhere obvious but where would I find the hands.

It should be in the same folder as the output body nif. Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets\FemaleHands.nif

Thanks for your note.  

I re-installed the Autodesk software, up to SP3.  obj export now works, but fbx does not.  At least for the moment, I can use obj, and do the transforms (mesh and uv) in OS.

So, I am definitely doing something wrong, missing a step somewhere, prior to export.  I will have to look at the pipeline again.  is there a simplified written tutorial I can look at, because I must be missing a key step that I am not seeing in Nightasy's videos.

Only thing I can think of is if the FBX exporter from SP3 is somehow not compatible with the import in Outfit Studio. But that doesn't make sense because I've also used the FBX export from 3DS Max 2013 successfully. 

Again, do you have a sample FBX from Maya/3DS that you cannot load that you can post for others to try?

Well that would explain it. Only have FemaleBody.nif

I've actually not used JB so I don't know if it has one. I would presume it does though.

I have always used the vanilla hands, but I have explicitly included them in the JaneBod mesh folder, because they are not included in the JaneBod mod.  I can then map whatever textures I want to those specific nifs.  You can grab the hands from the archive (you will have to extract it first).  The hands will be in Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets.  

[snip]

Only thing I can think of is if the FBX exporter from SP3 is somehow not compatible with the import in Outfit Studio. But that doesn't make sense because I've also used the FBX export from 3DS Max 2013 successfully. 

Again, do you have a sample FBX from Maya/3DS that you cannot load that you can post for others to try?

I am sure that I am missing a step somewhere, anyway, here is a JB model with some mesh faces removed.

Cheers

JB-Outfit.rar

Well that would explain it. Only have FemaleBody.nif

I've actually not used JB so I don't know if it has one. I would presume it does though.

Seems it uses vanilla so I loaded up BAE and extracted them.

Now to start playing with bone weights.

Also, thanks for all the help guys.

[snip]

I am sure that I am missing a step somewhere, anyway, here is a JB model with some mesh faces removed.

Cheers

attachicon.gifJB-Outfit.rar

I'm not sure if it's the grouping that's the direct problem. But I ungrouped it then exported and it loaded fine.

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry for my English, I am French and I use the google translator.

Once the Creation Kit gets released I'll be exploring a means of which to bring back variation in body sizes. One route that I already know is possible that I plan to take is to setup a leveled list structure that allows multiple variations of the same outfit morphed differently. So each outfit will have around 10 variation of body types assigned to it. When you encounter NPC's and raiders, etc, the leveled list will randomly pick one of those variations of the outfit and equip it on the NPC. Using a script, when the player picks up the outfit it will get swapped to the body type the player is using.

So, to the player, it will appear that the game has variation in body sizes. However the player will be able to develop those 10 different body types themselves and batch build them into their game. This will give everyone more control over body variation and an overall better visual experience.

This option really interests me. Because I like to have a very muscular female character but I do not like to see that all the other girls in the game have the same muscular body and that is that I dont like in your mod currently. This would be very good compromise, which could even be better than the triangle! Do you have any idea when this option will be developed?
On the other hand, it would not be necessary for the NPCs to always change physics each time they are crossed. Physics should also be assigned to each known female NPC.

A lot of you know that I am a game developer working in the gaming industry. Several months ago I began working under contact with a really great team of developers. Heroic Games Corporation is a State College, Pennsylvania-based independent developer and publisher of cutting-edge Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs). I am currently filling a role as a lead developer and I've essentially been in complete charge of developing the Character Creation Tool for the project. I'd like to introduce all of you to the game that we have been developing.

mdQrvOB.png

Website Url: Ship of Heroes

Ship of Heroes is a spiritual successor to the legendary City of Heroes but takes the concept to a whole new level. The Universe.

I'm proud to say that we've actually been pulling a lot of talent from the modding community to have various things made custom for Ship of Heroes. At this time I can't divulge to much information but what we have in store for Ship of Heroes is just stellar. Please check out the site, register and post any questions or suggestions you have about the game on the forums. We are collecting as much community input as possible to make sure we not only build a great game but a game that the community had a say in how it was made.

(Also, it's never a bad idea to reserve a Forum username well in advance.)

Archived