Nightasy Mods - My Fallout 4 Collection

Nightasy

If you don't know Nightasy you may want to educate yourself first, before speaking out in ignorance. Not only is he a skilled modder, but probably one of the most generous with his knowledge. Take a look at his youtube tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials. He has given countless hours of information to those of us who are hoping to learn these arcane arts. I for one owe him a great deal of thanks for his sharing. Modders who are willing to share their secrets are far too few.

Is there away to do something like this for the head and hands? I know it takes a lot of time and effort.  I'm in a slow process of learning.   But I can say I don't think CBBE will be able to beat this any time soon.

Possible, yes. But the problem in that lies in other mods that haven't been released yet. Someone always comes out with a better hand model or a better head model with lots of customization features. Thinking of mods like Enhanced Character Edit for Skyrim and what have you. It's not something I want to touch because doing so would make this mod incompatible with those kinds of mods when someone actually makes those kinds of mods. I love those kinds of mods, lol. I was a big fanboy for Enhanced Character Edit.

Is there away to do something like this for the head and hands? I know it takes a lot of time and effort.  I'm in a slow process of learning.   But I can say I don't think CBBE will be able to beat this any time soon.

Possible, yes. But the problem in that lies in other mods that haven't been released yet. Someone always comes out with a better hand model or a better head model with lots of customization features. Thinking of mods like Enhanced Character Edit for Skyrim and what have you. It's not something I want to touch because doing so would make this mod incompatible with those kinds of mods when someone actually makes those kinds of mods. I love those kinds of mods, lol. I was a big fanboy for Enhanced Character Edit.

I hear you on that.   G.E.C.K. needs to come out so we can start making that stuff.  Race Menu or ECE would be a great addition.

Dammit, that does it! Switched over. Everything looks great. Well, hoping Nuclear author follows and converts too because although I like the Oni textures, Nuclear has better specular whereas Oni looks plastic-like under certain lighting conditions, plus Nuclear has far better detailed pubic hair.

edit: did notice a likely error though. RaiderUnderArmor, called Road Leathers ingame is misplaced by BodySlide. It should be in RaiderUnderArmor folder but it puts it in RaiderModArmor folder - which is Raider armor add-on pieces that go on top of clothing/armor. It also calls it FUnderArmor.nif when it should be UnderArmor_F.nif.

edit2: after some more quick testing, noticed another problem. Leather Chest Piece (tier 1) is horribly distorted. Seems to think I'm about 2-3 cups larger than I actually am. This applies to the studded variant too, and a quick look at the mesh with BodySlide, though there's no ref body added, showed that JBLeatherTorsoMid also looks distorted.

TorsoHeavy I can't really tell with. I don't know about metal add-ons, as I only have the leather and a combat chest piece on me right now. And having now switched to the Combat Chest Piece - the straps on the arms look better than a lot of other conversions, although the straps on the legs could be a little more gap-free, but yeah that chest piece - that's a lot of maneuvering room for boobs. Chances are it looks fine on smaller weights but could a second pass be attempted time permitting?

Also a request. A few add-on piece BodySlide makers have added a zap toggle for the star decal on the combat armor. I do like the star but when you start going up in cups it tends to get comically distorted.

Thanks for the report, I'll get the outfit fixed asap. It was a pretty massive conversion so it doesn't surprise me that one of them got slipped up.

Edit: Regarding the leather tier stuff or what have you, that could be one of two things. You see, it's impossible to account for every single combination of sliders that someone might make. While BodySlide can cover the vast majority of them certain combinations of sliders may come out weird on certain armors/outfits. If that's the case then you may have to adjust them differently and build them separately, testing in game for a build that works alongside your body preset.

The second circumstance that may be the issue isn't something that has anything to do with BodySlide. The nif file itself might not even be the issue. Each outfit/armor has offsets in the esm that may require adjusting. The majority of the outfits work right out of the box with the equippable armor tier pieces. While a few outfits need adjusting. (For example, the Military Fatigues will make the chest pieces stick way out due to the offsets not having been adjusted.) It's a lengthy process that I haven't gotten to yet. (One way to see it in action is to download the Military Mommy outfit and you'll see the equippable tier peices adjusted for that outfit when you equip it, it's the entire reason why Military Mommy has an esp file.) Try switching the under armor outfit and seeing if the issue persists. Switching outfits will change the offsets of the equippable tiers and you'll know if it's a BodySlide issue or an offset issue that makes them pop out further. (Chances are, if it's popping way out in game then it's not a BodySlide issue, the offsets for the outfit you have equipped need adjusted using an esp file.)

There is nothing I can do about that, CBBE actually has the same issue but Cali didn't convert those for CBBE as I have done for the Jane Bod. Someone else did it and people reported similar issues. Regardless, I had to pick a reference point for the tier pieces. Ya know, a base shape for them and each individual outfit has offsets in their Armor Addon file. They just need adjustments done to the offsets. If it is in fact an issue in BodySlide that has it distorted for your preset unfortunately you would need to go in and adjust it yourself in Outfit Studio, there's just too many different combinations of sliders that are possible to account for all combinations of them. Most of the time everything comes out just fine but again, it's impossible to account for every possible preset.

Not an offset issue. Oh well. I'll take a look myself and tighten things up if things start to annoy me too much, although I suck at OS. Then again I won't have to dick around with physics (yet) so maybe it won't be so bad. And thankfully it's just 9 pieces, thank you Bethesda, I guess.

Not an offset issue. Oh well. I'll take a look myself and tighten things up if things start to annoy me too much, although I suck at OS. Then again I won't have to dick around with physics (yet) so maybe it won't be so bad. And thankfully it's just 9 pieces, thank you Bethesda, I guess.

If it is not an offset and is an actual mesh issue.

Do the following in OS.

1. Load the Jane Body as a ref (choose ref and instead of using the drop down click on the browse option and go to the \fallout4\data\tools\bodyslide\sliderset folder and double click on the JaneBod.osp

Jane should load as the reference will all of the sliders.

2. Load the outfit you need to adjust (data\meshes\bla bla bla\ armor folder \ nif).

3. Under Sliders choose "Load Preset" and in the drop down choose the preset you use in game.

It should adjust the Reference into your shape.

4. Now check for any part of the outfit that clips thru the reference body.

If you find that one or more then one of the meshes in the outfit clip you will need to fix them with the brushes (but only fix one at a time). You will need to high light the mesh to make adjustments to it.

Note: you can minimize meshes that are in the way by clicking on the eyeball icon that is next to the name (in the top right panel of OS).

Note 2: you may get a message about saving any adjustments, make sure you have one of the outfit meshes high lighted in the top right panel and not the reference mesh (which should show up in green letters in the top right panel as well).

5. Once all of the clipping has be resolved do an export, export nif (without reference) and overwrite the old version.

Yeah Part 4 is where you do all of the work and I just kinda tossed it in there as a lump sum thing.... if you need a good guide to working in Outfit Studio... the read thru Blabba's Tutorial over in the Skyrim Adult section.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/

Not much has changed in how to do things in OS since that tutorial was writen.... well option 3 was added so you can actually load a preset (which is kinda nice).

Alternate option to steps 1 (and skipping step 3): load the naked body from the meshes folder as the reference.

Load Reference in the pop up Browse to the location: fallout4\data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets\ and double click on the femalebody.nif.

Note: you will not get sliders just the preset shape you use in game.... but since you are resolving a clipping issue with the shape you use in game it works just fine.

Well I've been up for most of the day so I'm crashing folks

You responded, thanks. :-)

But my response back to warrant this is, there are muscles and tones, etc for CBBE too. So.

I'm not sure if you realize that Jane Bod has 376 morphs. So.

(Seriously bruh, you're being uncool. If you don't want to use someones mod then don't come into their spot and attempt to discourage them. Just move it along bruh and stop being rude.)

Nightasy, wtf is this mod you speak of!  And what are you're permissions?

To ppl that don't like the skin texture, what exactly do you find unlikable?

How to you find the comparison between Quixel and Substance Painter/Designer?  Why aren't we using MARI!?  Are you using Spec/Gloss throughout or are you using PBR metal/rough and then exporting as Spec/Gloss? 

What page do I go to, to learn how to use your mod body/sliders/etc.?

I learning ZBrush, and think I can make pretty smexy stuff, and IF I can bake the SSS in Substance Painter into the diffuse map or something, that would make the skin look pretty cool...idk how to do that yet without baking in the shadows, which blows.  I think I can do something like that in ZBrush too, but I'm way too noobie yet, but advancing fast.

NYC resident in victim disarmament zone:

post-1021001-0-49244700-1454901735_thumb.jpg

Permissions are listed in the main post at the bottom as the "Conversion Rules" as well as on the Nexus Mod page for the Jane Bod. You can find links to them on main post for this thread.

You pretty much have to bake the shadows into the diffuse. It's the only way you can do it for Fo4, as to my knowledge. I've yet to really polish my method for substance painter setup with Fallout 4. Currently I bake out a spec/gloss PBR and then I use various filters and hand painting to setup the gloss and specular maps because Fallout 4 kind of uses a weird psuedo PBR. It's not exactly true spec/gloss pbr. I hunted around and found a spec/gloss shader for the Substance Painter viewport, sorry I don't have the link to it anymore.

I've found that a combination of parts of the thickness, ao and gloss maps with some photoshop magic can wield some close resemblance to whatever wizardry Beth came up with in there psuedo PBR. In the end you still have to do some hand painting to get some good results. Best way I've found is to use their vanilla maps and work up a routine to mimic the awkwardness of it. I'd share my routine but I'm still messing around with it. The DomiRaider shows a good example of the outcome from my current spec/gloss routine.

Regarding the skin texture, the first skin wasn't all that great but many don't know it's been updated. It has since improved but only one screenshot has been updated, frankly it looks fine to me now. I'm actually quite fond of it in it's current state. I've seen a few posts here and there of people saying they even like the current skin better then they like other skin textures. There's also now a quite popular skin conversion mod (linked in the main post for this thread) by OniNigma that is available as an option. The only other really popular skin mod that I know of that has yet to be converted is Nuclear Nude.

You responded, thanks. :-)

But my response back to warrant this is, there are muscles and tones, etc for CBBE too. So.

I'm not sure if you realize that Jane Bod has 376 morphs. So.

(Seriously bruh, you're being uncool. If you don't want to use someones mod then don't come into their spot and attempt to discourage them. Just move it along bruh and stop being rude.)

Yes it's an amazing feat all those morphs, so many ways to customize the body shape - not just muscles and tones. I switched immediately, anyway I can support Jane Bod I will!

So is it just me, or is Body of Alice better than Janes

Why is Janes so great?

^^^Ergo, that's bait. Don't take it.

I think it's not a good idea to turn a thread into a comparison war. While I could hop right in on that bait and start bashing another person's work I choose not to do so. As extremely tempting it is to lay it all out there, that's just not my style. That would be unprofessional. I happen to like Caliente and Ousnius and respect them as fellow modders. We are not going to use this thread as a flame war. I would also like to request that no one else use this thread as a comparison war or to bash anyone's work.

If you want to know what makes the "Jane Bod so great" as you put it, then just try it out. The mod speaks for itself.

Permissions are listed in the main post at the bottom as the "Conversion Rules" as well as on the Nexus Mod page for the Jane Bod. You can find links to them on main post for this thread.

You pretty much have to bake the shadows into the diffuse. It's the only way you can do it for Fo4, as to my knowledge. I've yet to really polish my method for substance painter setup with Fallout 4. Currently I bake out a spec/gloss PBR and then I use various filters and hand painting to setup the gloss and specular maps because Fallout 4 kind of uses a weird psuedo PBR. It's not exactly true spec/gloss pbr. I hunted around and found a spec/gloss shader for the Substance Painter viewport, sorry I don't have the link to it anymore.

I've found that a combination of parts of the thickness, ao and gloss maps with some photoshop magic can wield some close resemblance to whatever wizardry Beth came up with in there psuedo PBR. In the end you still have to do some hand painting to get some good results. Best way I've found is to use their vanilla maps and work up a routine to mimic the awkwardness of it. I'd share my routine but I'm still messing around with it. The DomiRaider shows a good example of the outcome from my current spec/gloss routine.

Regarding the skin texture, the first skin wasn't all that great but many don't know it's been updated. It has since improved but only one screenshot has been updated, frankly it looks fine to me now. I'm actually quite fond of it in it's current state. I've seen a few posts here and there of people saying they even like the current skin better then they like other skin textures. There's also now a quite popular skin conversion mod (linked in the main post for this thread) by OniNigma that is available as an option. The only other really popular skin mod that I know of that has yet to be converted is Nuclear Nude.

I have the PBR spec/gloss shader, for SP,  but I agree, idk wtf Bethesda is really doing with their spec maps, but I'm getting close to the effects I want now.  It would be cool still to get the PBRSSS to make it thru into the game damn it...

I will look at the DomiRaider and OniNigma stuff.

I'm gonna look at your mod, can I make mesh changes for whacky scifi effects given the wasteland is radioactive and I believed in comic books when I was growing up?  Or that really is not possible?  I want to make an Ex Machina girl body based on someone's mesh and rigging, but Idk if I can do so with either your's or CBBEs or anyone elses...I'm hoping I'm just ignant.  (I can fix ignant)

Do you have any idea what's going on with the head weighting system? I tried to make Lucy Liu, idk y, and I did the "right" things to convert the mesh into exactly what the basefemalehead.nif is, and it looked like this, and I got traumatized (I know there's a head nif with rigging, but I could not replace their mesh with mine by copying in and deleting theirs, it's too big for me to understand the nif at this time):

post-1021001-0-09154400-1454958313_thumb.jpg

I mean, the texture and mesh looks ok:

post-1021001-0-38791500-1454958334_thumb.jpgpost-1021001-0-71754400-1454958355_thumb.jpg

I ask you, cause you seem like the bone expert.  Did the guys that made Arnold, etc., in your opinion, just sculpt within the game?  I think so now.

Archived