is there any reason in the beginning it would default to the same hair style.....and yes i have the recommended hair packs and i have to do some more testing with that....tried picking two or three semi long ones....one was i think tailbone...one was mid thigh....one was braided and all three came back with the same hairstyle.....right color.....wrong hairstyle.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the hair mods that listed as being preconfigured is Holiday Gifts Hairdos but I tried installing it and it doesn't seem to work with this mod.  I think the newest update to HG Hairdos (October 2020) changed the ESP name and maybe some hair names.  If I change the ESP name, the hairs appear at the stylist but don't appear on my character if I select them.  I also can't find a download link for the previous version of HG Hairdos.

1 hour ago, A Hobbit said:

One of the hair mods that listed as being preconfigured is Holiday Gifts Hairdos but I tried installing it and it doesn't seem to work with this mod.  I think the newest update to HG Hairdos (October 2020) changed the ESP name and maybe some hair names.  If I change the ESP name, the hairs appear at the stylist but don't appear on my character if I select them.  I also can't find a download link for the previous version of HG Hairdos.

I have the LE version with "Holiday Gift Hairdos" esp date of 10/2/2019 installed and as far as I know it works, however I don't know what the site rules are on sharing old versions of plugins?  It's 743MB so if it's safe to share I'll have to see where I can do that.

Edit: I went back to the original page for HG Hairdos and there's a mega archive link near the bottom of the page with the old version that I have, see if that works.

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

I have the LE version with "Holiday Gift Hairdos" esp date of 10/2/2019 installed and as far as I know it works, however I don't know what the site rules are on sharing old versions of plugins?  It's 743MB so if it's safe to share I'll have to see where I can do that.

Edit: I went back to the original page for HG Hairdos and there's a mega archive link near the bottom of the page with the old version that I have, see if that works.

Thank you!  I didn't notice the archive at the bottom of the page.

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I need some help. 

The nail polish doesn't seem to apply correctly in SSE. I get the nails done but not the toes and the status will remain on drying. 

you should try using special edition mods with your special edition install. They are not interchangeable.

5 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

you should try using special edition mods with your special edition install. They are not interchangeable.

5 hours ago, Balgin said:

SE version found here.

YPS Special Edition version.

Oh boy how tired was I when I wrote that? 

Let me clarify. 

I am doing the quest of Dibela and managed to get to the nail polish part. The quest will do the fingers but not the toes and will not advance the quest. Does anyone have a console code to setstage and the quest ID?

Hello people. I made a configuration file for the hairstyles from [dint] HairPack (the first one). I swear it used to be on the Skyrim nexus at one point.

Some of the hairstyles appear at multiple lengths. That's because they could conceivably be either length (or could grow from one into the other without needing to be restyled). Many are shoulder to mid back length (or somewhere in that area). Some models appear as multiple styles (the bobs could be buzzed nape hairstyles or normal ones so I added them as both, giving the player the option to choose).

Either way you'll want to add "[dint999] HairPack.esp" to the ypsHairDatabase file as a separate line for the mod to recognise the config.

[dint999] HairPack.esp.json

This is for the first mod. Not for Dint's hairpack 2 or Din't KSH HDT pack (which I think is included by default in the yps archive). It's not much but I thought some of you might appreciate the file so I decided to share it anyway.

It would appear I have an outdated version of the mod and only went as far as 28. I'll upload an updated file later after I've studied the new 4 or 5 styles and decided what lengths suit them best.

Edited by Balgin
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

New to the mod, and could use some set up help. 

All interactions seem to work correctly except, regardless of what hair style i choose from the hair dresser, it only displays a short (prob default) imperial hair style. When asking the hair dressers about the hair, she says its is the desired waste length style. Color is changing correctly.

If it doesn't turn out to be a super easy known issue, any braid storming on where i should start my troubleshooting at.

Thanks

6 hours ago, HaleyToast said:

Do you have any hair mod packs installed? I don't think this mod comes with any hairs. There should be a list of supported hair mods in the description. Also I think you can add others in the mcm if they aren't already detected by this mod.

I use KS hair with HDT physics and it was automatically detected by yps.

A solid suggestion. I also have KS hair with HDT installed and was using it before installing this mod. If i uncheck 'manage hair' in this mods MCM the KS hair still works correctly, but is removed the as soon as i ask this mod to manage things.  Did you have to set things up as custom, or did it work out of the box?

23 minutes ago, Anunya said:

Is there a list somewhere of where the fashion merchants are in each of the cities? It would make my initial testing and debugging phase so much easier :)

Whiterun potion vendor upstairs

Solitude Radiant Raiment side room and basement 

... I can't believe I don't remember any others.

2 hours ago, Anunya said:

Is there a list somewhere of where the fashion merchants are in each of the cities? It would make my initial testing and debugging phase so much easier :)

Hidden in a spoiler tag towards the top of the mod description there is the following information which I shall repeat here.

Locations: Radiant Raiment (Solitude), Dibella’s Temple (Markarth), Arcadia's Cauldron (Whiterun), Haelga's Bunkhouse (Riften), The White Phial (Windhelm), Grey Pine Goods (Falkreath)

To help you find them they all have names starting with Y and often have a hairdresser's chair nearby as well. I hope you find that helpful. Only the girls in Radiant Raiment will do piercings, however. The one upstairs does ears. The one downstairs in the cellar (who's name does not start with a Y) will do other body parts. The stylists at other locations will perform all the other beauty treatments (hair, makeup, naipolish/nailvarnish) and they can assess your fashion traits for you (piercing healing status, hair growth rate etc).

Edited by Balgin
36 minutes ago, Anunya said:

Thank you @Darkwing241 and @Balgin - I swear I read the opening post at least three times but somehow missed it nonetheless. I appreciate your patience. Of course, now that I know it's there, I can find the information in 2 seconds....

That's okay. I didn't mention that it was in the mod description to chastise you for missing it. I mentioned it so that if you lost this post in the future you might remember that it's on the mod description on the mod page itself. I'm not sure it's as easy to find in the first post of this thread. I think it's the 2nd spoiler tag section or the 1st in the mod description so right up there near the top. Easy to miss.

Happy fashion adventures.

Hello.

Does anyone know a way to contact the author of the mod not through this site?
The author does not have time for revision, which is his hobby, but for proper monetary compensation, he can allocate some time for leisurely finishing the mod.

I also noticed that they did not find in this thread, or maybe they did not explain how to get one of the finals of the "Follower of Dibela" quest.

Spoiler

After giving up clothes to warm your feet, you need to sleep several times on the bed. Can be accelerated by setting in the menu (the chance of removing makeup after sleep is set to 100).

And another question. Is it allowed to create mods that are add-ons for another mod, without the consent of the author of the original mod? If it turns out that it will not be possible to contact the author of this mod, but there will be another author who wants to create a continuation of this mod.

21 minutes ago, skyrim696696 said:

Hello.

Does anyone know a way to contact the author of the mod not through this site?
The author does not have time for revision, which is his hobby, but for proper monetary compensation, he can allocate some time for leisurely finishing the mod.

I also noticed that they did not find in this thread, or maybe they did not explain how to get one of the finals of the "Follower of Dibela" quest.

Reveal hidden contents

After giving up clothes to warm your feet, you need to sleep several times on the bed. Can be accelerated by setting in the menu (the chance of removing makeup after sleep is set to 100).

And another question. Is it allowed to create mods that are add-ons for another mod, without the consent of the author of the original mod? If it turns out that it will not be possible to contact the author of this mod, but there will be another author who wants to create a continuation of this mod.

Emily has not been online since January 1st and she wasn't really active before that. 

2 hours ago, skyrim696696 said:

I'm not an authority, but it's my impression that anyone's allowed to create add-ons.

You can't muck about with a mod without author permission (say you wanted to add features to Immersive Fashion). But if you want to make a separate patch that adds features to an existing patch, I don't think you need permission. Of course, if the original mod sees further development there may be work to make the patch still work. And, of course, it's probably best to be on speaking terms with the original author if you're doing an extension to their work, since they can potentially share some insight.

1 hour ago, Anunya said:

I'm not an authority, but it's my impression that anyone's allowed to create add-ons.

You can't muck about with a mod without author permission (say you wanted to add features to Immersive Fashion). But if you want to make a separate patch that adds features to an existing patch, I don't think you need permission. Of course, if the original mod sees further development there may be work to make the patch still work. And, of course, it's probably best to be on speaking terms with the original author if you're doing an extension to their work, since they can potentially share some insight.

The permissions for Immersive fashion actually sound pretty generous

"you may use the contents of this mod for your own mod, as long as you give proper credit, distribute your mod for free and post it on LL"

So it seems open for an extension mod takeover.  I know Monoman has some patches to incorporate bathing, and some other tie ins and modifications.  I think he has one that makes stocking a more normal inventory item.

This mod really needs someone to adopt it.  Like every feature has easy growth potential.

Emily hasn't really been active since around June last year. I'd love for her to come back and work on the mod. I'd even love to be able to get in touch with her and get her notes so that someone could continue working on the mod. I'd offer to do so myself but for two things.

1: My scripting and coding ability basically equate to copy & paste and using the positive aspects of my autism to play spot the difference.

2: The inclusion of some cock cages in the mod which either aren't used at all or are required to get the labia piercings and belt of feminine curves to work correctly have lead me to suspect that Emily was going to have some kind of futa option as a possible ending to the quest although this would have involved more mod dependencies than YPS currently has. I was wondering if she was going to explore such an option as that seems to be rather popular at the moment. It's also obvious that Emily was going down a much more surgical route than I'd originally expected for the next few quest stages. The earlier portions of the mod had led me to believe it was heading in a more mystical direction and "Sympathetic Magic" would have been a good direction to explore (the longer you masquerade as a woman the more you actually become one and the harder it would be to reclaim your manliness). The style and tone of my writing are significantly different to those employed by Emily so far in the mod so if I was to somehow keep working on it (if I could obtain her design notes on how she wanted the remaining stages of the quest to play out) it would feel very different. I generally dislike "Mod Speak" - that strange extremely impersonal way of speaking that npc's often use in mods (less so in the core game but it's still there to a certain extent). I prefer a more natural and personal turn of phrase and any continuation of the mod by me would probably feel rather alien as if there'd been a massive disconnect in tone and/or style going forward from the point the mod currently cuts off at.

At one point Emily did give permission for other people to work on the mod and said she had all the quest planned out in a document but not all the fine details or the practicalities of how she'd get it to work technically. I believe that was back in 2018 or 2019 before she came back out of the blue and worked on the mod again for another glorious 6-8 months. I can't find the exact message right now as it's 2.50am and I'm tired and should probably just go to bed. I wish I'd contacted her at the time and asked to be some kind of custodian of the files (my YPS backup archive is now 49.9GB although that does include the mod dependencies like all the Devious Devices stuff and goes all the way back to version 3.4.1 of the mod itself). Devious Devices has updated to a whole new major version number but I haven't updated it yet because of YPS. In all honesty YPS is the main reason I check Lover's Lab on a daily basis hoping for an update.

At some point I believe I volunteered to supply voice acting for a male npc in the mod but I can't remember if I actually got 'round to writing to Emily about that particular offer or not.

Edited by Balgin
3 hours ago, Balgin said:

Emily hasn't really been active since around June last year. I'd love for her to come back and work on the mod. I'd even love to be able to get in touch with her and get her notes so that someone could continue working on the mod. I'd offer to do so myself but for two things.

1: My scripting and coding ability basically equate to copy & paste and using the positive aspects of my autism to play spot the difference.

2: The inclusion of some cock cages in the mod which either aren't used at all or are required to get the labia piercings and belt of feminine curves to work correctly have lead me to suspect that Emily was going to have some kind of futa option as a possible ending to the quest although this would have involved more mod dependencies than YPS currently has. I was wondering if she was going to explore such an option as that seems to be rather popular at the moment. It's also obvious that Emily was going down a much more surgical route than I'd originally expected for the next few quest stages. The earlier portions of the mod had led me to believe it was heading in a more mystical direction and "Sympathetic Magic" would have been a good direction to explore (the longer you masquerade as a woman the more you actually become one and the harder it would be to reclaim your manliness). The style and tone of my writing are significantly different to those employed by Emily so far in the mod so if I was to somehow keep working on it (if I could obtain her design notes on how she wanted the remaining stages of the quest to play out) it would feel very different. I generally dislike "Mod Speak" - that strange extremely impersonal way of speaking that npc's often use in mods (less so in the core game but it's still there to a certain extent). I prefer a more natural and personal turn of phrase and any continuation of the mod by me would probably feel rather alien as if there'd been a massive disconnect in tone and/or style going forward from the point the mod currently cuts off at.

At one point Emily did give permission for other people to work on the mod and said she had all the quest planned out in a document but not all the fine details or the practicalities of how she'd get it to work technically. I believe that was back in 2018 or 2019 before she came back out of the blue and worked on the mod again for another glorious 6-8 months. I can't find the exact message right now as it's 2.50am and I'm tired and should probably just go to bed. I wish I'd contacted her at the time and asked to be some kind of custodian of the files (my YPS backup archive is now 49.9GB although that does include the mod dependencies like all the Devious Devices stuff and goes all the way back to version 3.4.1 of the mod itself). Devious Devices has updated to a whole new major version number but I haven't updated it yet because of YPS. In all honesty YPS is the main reason I check Lover's Lab on a daily basis hoping for an update.

At some point I believe I volunteered to supply voice acting for a male npc in the mod but I can't remember if I actually got 'round to writing to Emily about that particular offer or not.

I never got into the quest line stuff.  M to F transformations aren't really my thing.  I'm here for the fashion features.  I love entrapment storylines and the fashion addiction made for some really cool narratives and character developments.

My wishlist

-better rewards for using fashion (buffs/unlockable abilties/NPC reactions)

-more interesting addiction withdrawal penalties (debuffs/NPC reactions)

-Micro events/quests to serves as gateways to the different fashion features

My typical playthroughs are reluctant/disinterested female PCs that slowly get baited/tricked/trained into fashion addiction.

I did some experimenting with modding YPS.  I made an adjustment to the heel training that I think is a lot more fun progress of short run pain>medium run benefits>long run forced use>long run pain.  That's just a simple adjustment to the passive 'spell' debuffs associated with heels. 

I also attempted making some very basic "dress code quest" YPS quests.  The idea being that certain location in skyrim would require certain items to be worn.  The quest itself was basically going to be like the generic around town "fetch quests" already in skyrim so that they would feel really integrated into the world.  Just simple things like "here are some heels, go talk to the jarl while wearing them."  I was already roleplaying these types of things in my games anyway, kind of just pretending that they were quests, going for fashion improvements any time my PC had some major social integration like seeing a jarl, going to a new city, going to a tavern, or meeting the greybeards.  It's also fun to to play jealous or intimidated after getting talked down to at radiant raiment or seeing Iraleth strutting around in heels and getting jealous of how fierce she looks (and not noticing she changes into flats to go fight dragons and then tottering around wondering how she does it).

I got disinterested in quest coding really quickly though, I could copy off of guides but I never got further than that.

Okay, I've had a little sleep.

So stuff that is known:

Emily originally intended for everything that becomes locked during the quest to become unlocked at the end of it.

There was a plan for at least one body piercing. The presence of the earlobe & navel piercing kits for self piercing leads me to suspect that it was a belly button stud or ring as these two items were in the mod long before other piercings became available.

Emily admits that she should have done something earlier about having a talk with our girl about not being able to pee standing up any more and it should probably be earlier in the quest than the end of the current content.

Something should be done quite early in the quest to avoid walking around with a male name. Emily knows what she wanted the pc's name to be at the end of the quest. I would have preferred it to remain open.

Stuff that is suspected:

Given the locked forced hairstyle and the stylist claiming that she's practicing for a big competition I strongly suspect that towards the end of the quest our girl would be required to confidently strut her stuff on a catwalk/runway while other npc judges make approving comments and deem her the beautiful woman that the quest has been slowly transforming her into the entire time. This act of acceptance on her behalf could complete the transition or could trigger some sort of mystical/religious experience.

I imagine that the cock cage (if used) would be for some sort of adaptation period. Perhaps to let the penis relax free from the chastity belt before undergoing surgery.

While I suspected that the Big Talk with Roy or Lena Golvo about sexual preferences might lead to an option to ask "but I like my penis. Can't I just keep it?", even if such a request is shut down, it's possible that Emily was planning such a route and had included the cage for such a branch in the quest path.

The Big Talk with Roy or Lena does not need to lead to actual sex. It's a possibility but would feel a bit cliche and forcing a specific first sexual partner feels like it goes agsinst player choice/agency.

Currently using the option to stop at nylons and avoid breast surgery causes the character to eventually revert to male but keep the female locked hairstyle. While this is originally done for comedy reasons I imagine that, eventually, the hair should be unlocked as well.