Jump to content
emily1673

Immersive Hair Growth and Styling (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, alex61821 said:

So what do you do about Fawn?  that hairstyle is no longer included in KS Hairdo.

 

Oh really! I never noticed, i almost never use hair longer than maybe hip, usually by then i want short hair again 😄I do no know, would have to look through all hair and see what else fit.

 

1 hour ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

After testing (and seeing that HDT hair modified in bad way (clipping the body through the armor), I noted that 0 and 1Traveler were the sole proposition for 17 to 19 (maybe 0 and 1Kikyo appears at 17, I forgot to note it), and that 20 and 21 had no hair at all, is that normal (that wouldn't be surprising, but I want to be sure everything is going as intended).

 

I did not understand right away, then i saw that 20 and 21 is mentioned in descreption of for example ks hairdo json, also never notice! My thought is, emily had some day idea to add to more really long stage to system, but never implemented because as we see already finding hair for 17 to 19 is hard.

Link to post
On 11/13/2020 at 12:39 PM, handsandarrows said:

 

Oh really! I never noticed, i almost never use hair longer than maybe hip, usually by then i want short hair again 😄I do no know, would have to look through all hair and see what else fit.

 

 

I did not understand right away, then i saw that 20 and 21 is mentioned in descreption of for example ks hairdo json, also never notice! My thought is, emily had some day idea to add to more really long stage to system, but never implemented because as we see already finding hair for 17 to 19 is hard.

Where do i edit out the fawn reference?  i removed it everywhere i could find in json files but in game it still wants to use it.  in game if i do a ponytail and then remove it nothing will change since it wants to use fawn.  when i check with the mirror it will say hairstyle is fawn.  i removed the reference in default json file and ks hairdo file json file.  my hair is long enough now that it is using traveler so its not an issue currently, just wondering how to fix it for the next go around.

Link to post

Hey. First off this mod is a must have imho. Have been using it for years and I wouldn't consider playing without it. I just got around to asking this but for some reason hair dye never worked for me as intended. It never changes back. No matter how long my hair grows our or how long I wait for it just stays the dyed color for ever. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks again for this amazing mod!

Link to post
18 hours ago, alex61821 said:

Where do i edit out the fawn reference?  i removed it everywhere i could find in json files but in game it still wants to use it.  in game if i do a ponytail and then remove it nothing will change since it wants to use fawn.  when i check with the mirror it will say hairstyle is fawn.  i removed the reference in default json file and ks hairdo file json file.  my hair is long enough now that it is using traveler so its not an issue currently, just wondering how to fix it for the next go around.

It is a wild guess, but did you provide alternative? The script will probably not know what to do if you did not add alternative to both default json file and ks hairdo file json file and will revert back to previous data (Fawn). For example, if you say i want to use hair XYZ as replace, you have to add it to both the hair mod json as "15st" : [ "XYZ" ], "16st" : [ "XYZ" ], and add to default hair json as position 15 16 as "XYZ"

 

I have no idea if i phrase that in a way any human can understand... but i tried 😄

Link to post
1 hour ago, RecycleBin said:

Hey. First off this mod is a must have imho. Have been using it for years and I wouldn't consider playing without it. I just got around to asking this but for some reason hair dye never worked for me as intended. It never changes back. No matter how long my hair grows our or how long I wait for it just stays the dyed color for ever. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks again for this amazing mod!

Did you use mirror item or use "check my hair" function from barber? it should tell how much of hair is still with dye, maybe we can find error from there...

Link to post
1 hour ago, handsandarrows said:

Did you use mirror item or use "check my hair" function from barber? it should tell how much of hair is still with dye, maybe we can find error from there...

Thanks, 9 days. Ill post back and let you know what happens hen the time is up. Im guessing if its like previous times it will say my hair needs to be dyed again but the color never changes back to my natural color (appearing as if it was still dyed)

Link to post
4 hours ago, RecycleBin said:

Hey. First off this mod is a must have imho. Have been using it for years and I wouldn't consider playing without it. I just got around to asking this but for some reason hair dye never worked for me as intended. It never changes back. No matter how long my hair grows our or how long I wait for it just stays the dyed color for ever. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks again for this amazing mod!

When you dyed it did you have hair dye grows out selected in the mcm?

 

Please note I'm not asking if you have it turned on in the mcm now. Just when you dyed the hair. It makes a big difference. If you have it set to grow out then that's essentially bleaching the hair. It takes absolute ages to grow out. Once it reaches a great enough length it will slowly begin to fade over the next 4-5 length stages. For example, if I have a character dye her hair when it's neck length or shoulder length, it won't start showing much of a difference until it's beyond waist length and then, over the few remaining stages the colour will begin to fade.

 

During this period, if you cut the hair back to the un-dyed length or shorter it immediately reverts back to it's original colour.

 

If you have the hair dye set to fade then you can choose how quickly the colour fades. Typically it holds the colour for about 2 weeks then it should fade over the next 2 weeks (at the default values)l. There are sliders for this.

 

If you had it set to grow out when you dyed it and then change it to fade then it will fade at the speed you selected but as soon as you switch it back to grows out then the old dye colour will come back (unless you chopped it short enough first).

 

If the colour still doesn't change then you should turn off hair colour management in the mcm and see if it reverts back to normal. If it does you can turn colour management back on again. Is it possible that, instead of hair dye, you drank a debug potion of hair colour change? If so then that could explain the permanent nature of the colouration.

 

P.S. Oh. Is your hair colour locked? It's highly unlikely but if you're doing the Dibella quest then your hair colour can become locked at which point it cannot be changed. Use the debug mirror or ask a beautician to check your hair and see if the colour is locked or not.

Link to post
17 hours ago, handsandarrows said:

It is a wild guess, but did you provide alternative? The script will probably not know what to do if you did not add alternative to both default json file and ks hairdo file json file and will revert back to previous data (Fawn). For example, if you say i want to use hair XYZ as replace, you have to add it to both the hair mod json as "15st" : [ "XYZ" ], "16st" : [ "XYZ" ], and add to default hair json as position 15 16 as "XYZ"

 

I have no idea if i phrase that in a way any human can understand... but i tried 😄

yes, i replaced all the references i could find with hair from the holiday hair.  

other way to go, i have an old ks hairdo so i still have the fawn mesh in that can i add the fawn hairstyle back to ks hairdo. esp somehow with tes5edit?  i tried just putting the mesh and texture file inside ks hairdo but that didnt work.

Link to post
21 hours ago, Balgin said:

When you dyed it did you have hair dye grows out selected in the mcm?

 

Please note I'm not asking if you have it turned on in the mcm now. Just when you dyed the hair. It makes a big difference. If you have it set to grow out then that's essentially bleaching the hair. It takes absolute ages to grow out. Once it reaches a great enough length it will slowly begin to fade over the next 4-5 length stages. For example, if I have a character dye her hair when it's neck length or shoulder length, it won't start showing much of a difference until it's beyond waist length and then, over the few remaining stages the colour will begin to fade.

 

During this period, if you cut the hair back to the un-dyed length or shorter it immediately reverts back to it's original colour.

 

If you have the hair dye set to fade then you can choose how quickly the colour fades. Typically it holds the colour for about 2 weeks then it should fade over the next 2 weeks (at the default values)l. There are sliders for this.

 

If you had it set to grow out when you dyed it and then change it to fade then it will fade at the speed you selected but as soon as you switch it back to grows out then the old dye colour will come back (unless you chopped it short enough first).

 

If the colour still doesn't change then you should turn off hair colour management in the mcm and see if it reverts back to normal. If it does you can turn colour management back on again. Is it possible that, instead of hair dye, you drank a debug potion of hair colour change? If so then that could explain the permanent nature of the colouration.

 

P.S. Oh. Is your hair colour locked? It's highly unlikely but if you're doing the Dibella quest then your hair colour can become locked at which point it cannot be changed. Use the debug mirror or ask a beautician to check your hair and see if the colour is locked or not.

Thank you. This is all very very helpful and I will use to this info to find my answer!

 

EDIT: Fixed my issue thanks to this post. My configuration was weird.

Link to post

I'm giving this a try, and I can't figure out how to keep my character's starting hairstyle. As soon as I accept the option to control hair growth, it gets replaced with a (shorter) vanilla hairstyle. I added the hairstyle I want to start with as a custom hairstyle in the MCM (it's from a Witcher 3 hairs mod), and I've triple-checked that I have the correct ID and that the length  I set matches what I choose when the mod prompts for it. I thought the problem might be that the custom hairstyles can't be enabled until after the initial prompts from the mod, so I tried telling it not to control hair, enabling and importing the custom hair style, and then enabling hair control in the MCM, but that didn't help--it still forced the shorter vanilla hair.

 

What am I missing here? Does the mod just not allow you to start with the hair you select during character creation?

Link to post
25 minutes ago, genericlogin said:

I'm giving this a try, and I can't figure out how to keep my character's starting hairstyle. As soon as I accept the option to control hair growth, it gets replaced with a (shorter) vanilla hairstyle. I added the hairstyle I want to start with as a custom hairstyle in the MCM (it's from a Witcher 3 hairs mod), and I've triple-checked that I have the correct ID and that the length  I set matches what I choose when the mod prompts for it. I thought the problem might be that the custom hairstyles can't be enabled until after the initial prompts from the mod, so I tried telling it not to control hair, enabling and importing the custom hair style, and then enabling hair control in the MCM, but that didn't help--it still forced the shorter vanilla hair.

 

What am I missing here? Does the mod just not allow you to start with the hair you select during character creation?

Never found a solution for that, you have a file in the Date folder named

 

01 someinstalled hair, eg 01 KS Hair Defaults

 

in that is SKSE/Plugins/ypsFashion/ypsHairDefault.json

 

maybe you can edit that.

 

For me, I am patient until I am in Whiterun and then pick my hair after getting Shampoo or Hairband.

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Does anyone know if there has been any work done on trying to make better overlays for the Eye shadow and lipstick?

 

 

Aegis made a modification for the Sexlab Hormones YPS plugin that makes the eyeshadow more subtle. I'm not aware of anything that changes the fingernails or toenails yet. Since Aegis' plugin also adds a lot of Hormones related stuff I've simply attached his eyeshadow textures here. They're more subtle/less heavy.

2) OPTIONAL - YPS More Natural Makeups.zip

Link to post
59 minutes ago, lucakro said:

can you make it so smudged lipstick and eyeshadow make you feel worse about yourself, not better. or is this already the case in which case something is messed up on my end.

I think that might already be included to a lesser extent in the fashion addiction system. It might count as no makeup (which hurts your confidence if you're addicted to having makeup in that slot).

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Balgin said:

I think that might already be included to a lesser extent in the fashion addiction system. It might count as no makeup (which hurts your confidence if you're addicted to having makeup in that slot).

ah okay so just how it works i guess. 

can you help me out a little bit im trying to add dint999s hairpack2 and btw SSE and i can't seem to properly add it.

they are actual hairstyles not wigs

if i try the hairstyle code in custom hairstyles it works so i must be doing something wrong in making the notepad.

i added the hairstyles like this[dint999] HairPack02.jsonypsHairDatabase.json   in the JSONS mod. didnt change anything so i tried it in the YPS mod too also didnt change anything. any ideas. they arent being overwritten as if i screw them up i dont get hairstyles so it really must be something in these files but i can't tell the difference between dint999 hairpack02. json abd all the others that do work.

any ideas

Link to post
12 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Does anyone know if there has been any work done on trying to make better overlays for the Eye shadow and lipstick?

 

 

I've made an edit to lipstick thousand of years ago 😄 should still be in downloads i hope... yes, is SmallerLipstickSlaveTats.7z 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, handsandarrows said:

I've made an edit to lipstick thousand of years ago 😄 should still be in downloads i hope... yes, is SmallerLipstickSlaveTats.7z 

 

6 hours ago, Balgin said:

Aegis made a modification for the Sexlab Hormones YPS plugin that makes the eyeshadow more subtle. I'm not aware of anything that changes the fingernails or toenails yet. Since Aegis' plugin also adds a lot of Hormones related stuff I've simply attached his eyeshadow textures here. They're more subtle/less heavy.

2) OPTIONAL - YPS More Natural Makeups.zip 470.37 kB · 4 downloads

These are awesome! Thank you both. 😊

 

Now we just need Emily to add eyeliner to the mod... 😄

Link to post
On 11/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, alex61821 said:

So what do you do about Fawn?  that hairstyle is no longer included in KS Hairdo.

I noticed that the last couple of KS hairdos updates only removed a few hair models and didn't add anything so I didn't update. They might have fixed a few issues with some styles but I didn't see the point on removing a few if I wasn't getting anything new to replace them with.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...