22 hours ago, Kakabishan said:

For longer pubic hair, usually the PC stops and scratches themselves because of all that hair, I was thinking if something similar could be added for longer head hair styles as well? Or instead of an animation, a debuff for longer hair that becomes a distraction/hindrance while in combat. It could be added in as an option to toggle on or off like with the pubic hair option

Good idea, I will see what can be done.

3 hours ago, crudo said:

I can see what's been added and update my file at some point if that would be desired.

Thank you! Everybody is welcome to submit additional hair configuration .json files.

I am currently finishing the HG styles, which will soon be done.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:51 AM, emily1673 said:

Just posted an update.

Installing HG Hairdos is recommended for this update.

v. 6.0.4:
Dibella quest:
- added several new stages to the quest (still not finished)
- fixed naming of Lena's potion
- foot device now locks on player upon clicking
- ear piercings should now show correctly on player

Other changes:
- Ybella references now to herself in her outfit script
- lowered default values for heel training pain and stumble chance (can be changed back in MCM)
- clicking twice on the mirror, shaving cream and similar items now only runs the script once

nothing happens after "walk in town".  can anyone tell me how to advance the quest line? 

i didn't install HG Hairdos, is it the reason?

On 3/21/2020 at 1:51 AM, emily1673 said:

Just posted an update.

Installing HG Hairdos is recommended for this update.

v. 6.0.4:
Dibella quest:
- added several new stages to the quest (still not finished)
- fixed naming of Lena's potion
- foot device now locks on player upon clicking
- ear piercings should now show correctly on player

Other changes:
- Ybella references now to herself in her outfit script
- lowered default values for heel training pain and stumble chance (can be changed back in MCM)
- clicking twice on the mirror, shaving cream and similar items now only runs the script once

nothing happens after "walk in town".  can anyone tell me how to advance the quest line? 

1 hour ago, maxprime123 said:

No hair mods required for this step. Here is it how it works:

Spoiler

Talk to random males (any male NPC should do). Might need to wait a couple hours game time, and retry a couple times.

22 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Good idea, I will see what can be done.

TLDR: My big fat buff/debuff idea post.  Diverse Debuffs and cool powers!

I wouldn't mind see the addition of more specific impacts to different fashion features.  There is already a specific debuff for heels and a general debuff for a low fashion/addiction ratio.  I would like to see them branch out a little though, as it is, speech is one of the lowest impact skills in the game and speed is by far the highest impact stat to debuff.

I'm trying to think of some out of the box idea's luckily /r/ImpracticalArmour is a treasure trove of people pointing out how sexy and practical don't always mix.  

-Long hair: at armpit length or longer is starts to get pinched in armor leading to a heavy armor debuff

-High Heels: a click-clacky stealth debuff

-Face and ear piercings: When you shoot a bow the string goes awfully close to your ear and in some styles actually pressed into your nose.  Archery debuff.  Maybe it's even worse with dangly earrings.

-Shaving: Hair keeps you warm, at least head hair does. Very small cold resist debuff? (maybe this one is a stretch?) I think in real life it's actually for protection against sweat and bacteria. Those seem less fun though, and certainly less sexy.  (maybe stamina/stamina regen or disease resist?)  Maybe just leave non-head shaving with no debuff.

-Body piercings: Supposedly they increase sensitivity, maybe an extra interaction with arrousal?

-Makeup: Maybe an intimidation penalty?

-Nails: Could be anything physical really.  The classic is that long nails make it hard to pick up coins, so maybe do alchemy/smithing/pickpocket/lockpick penalties to represent finicky manual tasks?  Nails also already have a big drawback in that some of them take the glove slot.  You could also go with the more boring but still immersive weapon debuffs.

With all these debuffs actually using the fashion features becomes a lot less appealing, so maybe balance them out with some perks.  There is already the "fashion level" which really seems to more represent "self confidence" since the buffs decrease as your character becomes addicted.  I love that interaction though, so I wouldn't ask you to change it.  There is a lot you could add though to make selecting fashion more of a game, the way it is now things are just "use as everything ASAP"  I think with buff you have to go a little less "realistic" and a little more "fun" since all of these fashion items are inherently not practical.

For the positive impacts of fashion I think it's best to move away from simple stat buffs, maybe add some special power or "spells" similar to the racial powers.

-For high fashion levels (not "confidence" or fashion/addiction ratio):  You are beautiful and fierce, disable your foes with a smoldering look!  Calm/stun/paralyze/charm your enemies depending on how high your fashion level is.  The better your fashion the more options you have for the effect.

-Makeup:  Be the center of attention, apply a taunt affect to your enemies.

-High heels: Some sort of "I have the high ground" pun?

-Nails: unarmed damage buff

Finally, while the current fashion/addiction system is great, it could be diversified a little bit.  While confidence is certainly helpful for "speech" tasks, it can only take you so far.  Maybe there are some other ways to represent self confidence and beauty?

-Very high confidence leading to spell casting improvements: probably best to just implement them as skill increases

-Magicka increase: Mana, willpower, confidence, they're all pretty related

-Plenty to distract them: pick pocketing increase (maybe you could go the other way too? "memorable")

44 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

Hair keeps you warm, at least head hair does.

As does beard hair when it's long enough and thick enough. Beard growth basically goes through about five stages. Basically once it gets past the stubble stage and past the itch scratchy stage then it's good insulation. once it's long enough for the tips of the hair to rest on the hairs around them instead of against the skin it's no longer that itchy or uncomfortable. However there is a further uncomfortable stage when the tips are long enough to scratch your throat and neck before the final stage when they're long enough to not irritate throat flesh either.

28 minutes ago, zurtrin69 said:

Historically a lot of makeup was made of dangerous materials like lead, so it could give a health or stamina penalty (maybe only after continuous use).

That's definitely a cool fact but it reminds me of a quote I heard about realism and film making a while back.  I can't remember the exact quote or even who it was by (some director I think).  

The basic idea was that it's usually more important to give viewers what they expect, rather than what is actually realistic.  So while makeup made from poison is certainly realistic, I don't know if many people would find it immersive.

1 minute ago, Darkwing241 said:

The basic idea was that it's usually more important to give viewers what they expect, rather than what is actually realistic.

This is why, in old films, if an actor or actress is on the telephone they look towards the handset, as if conversing directly with it, because it gives an impression they are engaged in the conversation (even 'though they're basically trying to look at their own ear). It's also why the silences for responses are about two thirds of what they should be for whatever the person on the line is meant to have said too because a realistic and accurate timing would be boring for the audience.

27 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

That's definitely a cool fact but it reminds me of a quote I heard about realism and film making a while back.  I can't remember the exact quote or even who it was by (some director I think).  

The basic idea was that it's usually more important to give viewers what they expect, rather than what is actually realistic.  So while makeup made from poison is certainly realistic, I don't know if many people would find it immersive.

I don't think it's that obscure of a fact (especially because even today there are still concerns about lead, mercury, and other dangerous things in makeup), but you could always justify it with some extra exposition in-game if necessary. Maybe there could even be a short quest you could get from the beauticians where they ask you to fetch some alchemical ingredients? Learning that they're making cosmetics from e.g. Troll Fat and Deathbell would help to establish that the makeup they're selling has risks.

17 hours ago, zurtrin69 said:

Historically a lot of makeup was made of dangerous materials like lead, so it could give a health or stamina penalty (maybe only after continuous use).

It was also used by both men and women to cover up the marks on the skin that the pox left behind. 

Just posted an update:

v. 6.0.5:
New Feature: Nylons, Stockings and Pantyhose
- added support for the mod "Equipable Stockings" by thegooglyman

- installing that mod is required to make this feature work!
- talk to your favourite fashion vendor to purchase nylons
- nylons may cause fashion addiction and arousal
- you may not paint your toenails while wearing nylons (obviously)
- nylons may not be removed while wearing boots or certain restrictive devices (very obviously)

Hair:
- hair catalog is now more convenient to use (can browse through different hairstyles without starting anew)
- hairgrowth database has been updated
- ear length buzzed nape hairstyles (included in HG hairstyles) now have been fully adopted to hair makeovers
- 2 new hairlength stages added: floor length, and rapunzel length; install HG Hairdos for a rapunzel length hairstyle
- more HG hairstyles are now pre-configured
- using shampoo will change your hair color temporarily during application

Dibella quest: Sorry, no new quest stages, but at least...
- added some more flavor messages to Dibella quest
- preferred hairstyle, hairstyle type and hair color used during Dibella quest can now be set in MCM
- hair should no longer grow while proceeding with Dibella quest
- player should no longer be able to get ears pierced prematurely

General:
- added an installation wizard, to make things easier for the user
- implemented code by Gnaddelwarz to detect NiOverride, and added new MCM-value for NiOverride Heels

- removed 3 unused scripts
- reduced armpit shaving time somewhat
- to shave your hair, shaving cream is now required (again)
- added support for navel and nipple piercings from Piercings Strange 3BBB and MiniBikini SE (hypothetical and untested, since the present mod is for Skyrim LE)
- slow nail polish application is no longer enabled by default in MCM

Final notes:
- don't forget to install the new Sound&Texture pack (20200328)
- should be compatible to previous versions (no new save needed)

Thank you for testing  :)

4 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Just posted an update:

v. 6.0.5:
New Feature: Nylons, Stockings and Pantyhose
- added support for the mod "Equipable Stockings" by thegooglyman

- installing that mod is required to make this feature work!
- talk to your favourite fashion vendor to purchase nylons
- nylons may cause fashion addiction and arousal
- you may not paint your toenails while wearing nylons (obviously)
- nylons may not be removed while wearing boots or certain restrictive devices (very obviously)

Hair:
- hair catalog is now more convenient to use (can browse through different hairstyles without starting anew)
- hairgrowth database has been updated
- ear length buzzed nape hairstyles (included in HG hairstyles) now have been fully adopted to hair makeovers
- 2 new hairlength stages added: floor length, and rapunzel length; install HG Hairdos for a rapunzel length hairstyle
- more HG hairstyles are now pre-configured
- using shampoo will change your hair color temporarily during application

Dibella quest: Sorry, no new quest stages, but at least...
- added some more flavor messages to Dibella quest
- preferred hairstyle, hairstyle type and hair color used during Dibella quest can now be set in MCM
- hair should no longer grow while proceeding with Dibella quest
- player should no longer be able to get ears pierced prematurely

General:
- added an installation wizard, to make things easier for the user
- implemented code by Gnaddelwarz to detect NiOverride, and added new MCM-value for NiOverride Heels

- removed 3 unused scripts
- reduced armpit shaving time somewhat
- to shave your hair, shaving cream is now required (again)
- added support for navel and nipple piercings from Piercings Strange 3BBB and MiniBikini SE (hypothetical and untested, since the present mod is for Skyrim LE)
- slow nail polish application is no longer enabled by default in MCM

Final notes:
- don't forget to install the new Sound&Texture pack (20200328)
- should be compatible to previous versions (no new save needed)

Thank you for testing  :)

Oh nice! I love the nylons idea.  Although I think I may need to second the request fora  uunp version, or is it implemented in a way that you could use other mods?  You may want to consider talking to Lupine00, I think they have a mod that allows the in game tagging and classification of clothing items, I forget if it's SLAX or sexlab disparity.  It's definitely not the best way to detect "what is nylons" for any random user but it certainly would cover everything.

I'm glad to see to the hair catalog being improved, way back in the day I was considering making an actual in game book item, with pictures of all of the kshairdos.  So I'd be able to flip through an actual catalog. I never did finish the project though.

6 hours ago, Balgin said:

The installation wizard seems to be missing from the download. There's a Wizard.txt but no installer application or program to run. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Exactly, that's the wizard (in Wrye bash format).

To be used by compatible mod managers.

If it doesn't work, install the "00 Base" file, and chose one of the "01" hairstyle configs.

35 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

If it doesn't work, install the "00 Base" file, and chose one of the "01" hairstyle configs.

That's what I manually did. I've found that, for some reason, when launching with a mod manager the game's framerate is much lower and doesn't benefit from the improved framerate I get launching directly from SKSE.

1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

I found that using SlaveTats is much better than fiddling around with dozens of equipment mods that use different item slots and different ways to implement a certain visual feature.

For UUNP, maybe this mod would be a viable option?

if you could get that to work i would like that, however the other one does work with UUNP via your mod.

i do have one question though, when trying to use the item from the vendor, it says that they PC isnt confident enough to wear them. what is required to raise the confidence to be able to wear them? s it based on arousal orsomething else?

And be warned, the higher the addiction the harder it is to keep up your appearance.

This is the first time I've come across an addiction system that really works, it really sucks you in :classic_smile:

Just need to find some decent high heels for CBBE which use Nioverride rather than HDT High Heels

It seems, that the method ApplyNylons() needs yps04DibellaFollower stage greater than 390

elseif (yps04DibellaFollower.Getstage() <= 390)
            Debug.Messagebox("You don't feel confident enough to wear nylons.")

this is not the case in a normal playthrough starting as a female. 

My dibella playthrough MtF char with the quest active can equip the stockings, if i cheat out of the foot device

5 hours ago, Balgin said:

That's what I manually did. I've found that, for some reason, when launching with a mod manager the game's framerate is much lower and doesn't benefit from the improved framerate I get launching directly from SKSE.

That's one of the reasons I am still using Wrye Bash. :)

4 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

i do have one question though, when trying to use the item from the vendor, it says that they PC isnt confident enough to wear them. what is required to raise the confidence to be able to wear them? s it based on arousal orsomething else?

Ooops... that's a serious slip in the script. Will post a hotfix (6.0.5.1) in a few minutes. Sorry.