So here's a thing. I went to shave my pussy, but the hair still shows. I have sos pubic hair addon for females too btw

This is new for me too, and happens only occasionally.  I am not sure what is causing it.  I currently go into the MCM for SOS and change up the PC's "equipment" (go to a different setup and revert back to what I was using) and this seems to clear it up.  

Question for Emily - 

Do any of your items tag as "clothing"?  Or more exactly,  are any tagged non-clothing items tagged as clothing?

Thank you for your awesome mod!  

I figured it out finally  :lol: (I swear this time):

For the people that want to use this mod with  vampire races, this is what you do

____________________FIXING VAMPIRES__________________________________

Wow, wonderful! I will link to this post from the mod description.

So here's a thing. I went to shave my pussy, but the hair still shows. I have sos pubic hair addon for females too btw

This is new for me too, and happens only occasionally. I am not sure what is causing it. I currently go into the MCM for SOS and change up the PC's "equipment" (go to a different setup and revert back to what I was using) and this seems to clear it up.

From the mod description:

- Note that "SoS Pubic Hair for Females" will add random pubic hair to new player characters, which can be removed in the SoS menu.

Do any of your items tag as "clothing"? Or more exactly, are any tagged non-clothing items tagged as clothing?

No, not the items from this mod. But some items from 3rd party mods which are used together with this mod.

I figured it out finally  :lol: (I swear this time):

For the people that want to use this mod with  vampire races, this is what you do

____________________FIXING VAMPIRES__________________________________

Wow, wonderful! I will link to this post from the mod description. 

It took a little persistence and alot of hardheadedness(this is a word wow) and I finally was able to get it working lol  :P

but it 100% works, I have currently got my whirlwind shout as a vampire with hair continuing to work fine.

Figure out what race you want to use lets say for instance HighElfRace.

1.) Duplicate the form HighElfRace in Creation Kit and open it, once open make sure the tick box "Playable" is active

2.) In the General Tab on the far right side add the keywords "Vampire" and "actortypeundead"

Why not just make the Vampire race you want playable and avoid compatibility issues with scripts and mods that use the vanilla races? If you have no custom races, there's no need for the RacialCompatibility mod. Or does it have any side effects for NPC vampires that use that race?

Figure out what race you want to use lets say for instance HighElfRace.

1.) Duplicate the form HighElfRace in Creation Kit and open it, once open make sure the tick box "Playable" is active

2.) In the General Tab on the far right side add the keywords "Vampire" and "actortypeundead"

Why not just make the Vampire race you want playable and avoid compatibility issues with scripts and mods that use the vanilla races? If you have no custom races, there's no need for the RacialCompatibility mod. Or does it have any side effects for NPC vampires that use that race?

"If you want to skip most of the steps and edit for instance "highelfracevampire" you can do that just remember to select "playable" and follow the in game instructions, I don't know enough about the playable tick box so thats why I suggested a way to do it without editing vanilla races."

I already touched on that in the post but yeah thats basically it, I did it in a way so I couldn't screw anything up other races or NPC's because I don't know the fullscope of it to be sure. The fastest method would be just to tick the playable box next to the corresponding vampire race but the steps for the in game instructions still apply. I edited the post to also suggest that way to make it more clear.

This is new for me too, and happens only occasionally. I am not sure what is causing it. I currently go into the MCM for SOS and change up the PC's "equipment" (go to a different setup and revert back to what I was using) and this seems to clear it up.

From the mod description:

- Note that "SoS Pubic Hair for Females" will add random pubic hair to new player characters, which can be removed in the SoS menu.

Yes, a new PC will have a random at start.  But this is happening on my existing character - but it is very rare.  Might be something from the Nordic Warmaiden mod? 

Do any of your items tag as "clothing"? Or more exactly, are any tagged non-clothing items tagged as clothing?

No, not the items from this mod. But some items from 3rd party mods which are used together with this mod.

Ah.. Thank you for the quick reply!  

I am having an issue with nails from this mod  (specifically the ones you get by choosing to get extensions while ordering a manicure: "Mage Nails French" from HN66s Mage Nails). The problem is as following:

1) When wearing armor/clothing the nails do not show.
2) Removing the armor/clothing causes the nails to show.

I have determined that the problem is that the mage nails in question are using slot 49 (unnamed), and Deviously Cursed Loot is hiding this slot once armor is equipped. This behavior can be turned off in Devious Devices MCM, and that solves the visibility issue. However, while testing this I discovered that the chastity belt from DCL is also assigned to slot 49, meaning that you cannot wear these nails and a chastity belt at the same time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I am having an issue with nails from this mod (specifically the ones you get by choosing to get extensions while ordering a manicure: "Mage Nails French" from HN66s Mage Nails). The problem is as following:

1) When wearing armor/clothing the nails do not show.

2) Removing the armor/clothing causes the nails to show.

I have determined that the problem is that the mage nails in question are using slot 49 (unnamed), and Deviously Cursed Loot is hiding this slot once armor is equipped. This behavior can be turned off in Devious Devices MCM, and that solves the visibility issue. However, while testing this I discovered that the chastity belt from DCL is also assigned to slot 49, meaning that you cannot wear these nails and a chastity belt at the same time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is an item slot conflict caused by 3rd party mods. You could try to edit the items from the Mage Nails mod.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! Firstly, you've put a great deal of work into this mod and I wanted to say thanks for that. :) 

I don't use many of the modules from this mod--I've never really used piercings, custom makeup, or painted nails. Mostly I got this mod because I wanted hair growth, and thought the high heels training was a cool idea. I would probably use body hair growth if it had leg hair as well, which I understand may not be on the table until someone makes textures for it. With the head hair growth, I wanted to set it so that it would grow into the next length after a week or two, instead of several months. What settings would you recommend I use to achieve that? Also, is there any way to disable the flavor text about your hair? It's a bit distracting having a notification every 30 seconds saying "You're really proud of your long hair". I know that's linked to my hair length checks, but is there a way to set it so it only notifies me if my hair is growing to the next length?

Secondly, the high heels training is a bit intense for my tastes. I've messed around with the settings a bit but am aiming for it to essentially be a training process when you first start, with a little tripping here and there, but once your PC can walk in them she has no problem switching from heels to normal shoes. What would you suggest I set my settings to (specifically the "untraining" setting) to achieve this? I haven't been able to get this yet with the changes I've made to my settings. 

Again, great work on this mod. Even though I don't use all the fashion modules I'm glad to see so many people who do and are satisfied with your work. Any help on the above topics would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! Firstly, you've put a great deal of work into this mod and I wanted to say thanks for that. :)

I don't use many of the modules from this mod--I've never really used piercings, custom makeup, or painted nails. Mostly I got this mod because I wanted hair growth, and thought the high heels training was a cool idea. I would probably use body hair growth if it had leg hair as well, which I understand may not be on the table until someone makes textures for it. With the head hair growth, I wanted to set it so that it would grow into the next length after a week or two, instead of several months. What settings would you recommend I use to achieve that? Also, is there any way to disable the flavor text about your hair? It's a bit distracting having a notification every 30 seconds saying "You're really proud of your long hair". I know that's linked to my hair length checks, but is there a way to set it so it only notifies me if my hair is growing to the next length?

Secondly, the high heels training is a bit intense for my tastes. I've messed around with the settings a bit but am aiming for it to essentially be a training process when you first start, with a little tripping here and there, but once your PC can walk in them she has no problem switching from heels to normal shoes. What would you suggest I set my settings to (specifically the "untraining" setting) to achieve this? I haven't been able to get this yet with the changes I've made to my settings. 

Again, great work on this mod. Even though I don't use all the fashion modules I'm glad to see so many people who do and are satisfied with your work. Any help on the above topics would be greatly appreciated!

​There is an MCM option to adjust the hair length growth, default is at 2 and I think it can go all the way up to 10. You can also disable the high heels training through the MCM menu.

​There is an MCM option to adjust the hair length growth, default is at 2 and I think it can go all the way up to 10. You can also disable the high heels training through the MCM menu.

Yep I'm aware of both of these, was just curious if anyone had found the exact number for hair growth and if what I'm looking for with the heels training is actually possible with the current settings.

For head hair there is also the Ultra quick hair growth option (makes it ten times faster than normal). If you check the Ultra fast and set the speed to 1 that might approximate 1 week per length change.

If you buy a mirror it will tell you how long it will be till the next hair lenght (in days). You can then play with the settings to get it to equal a week..

No matter what I do I can't get custom hair styles to show up from the mcm menu config. I have the right length in the right slot. Like 6 length in slot 6 and it's set to standard. Use custoum styles is on and I used the consol to find the name of the style. It's the one in quotes right? What could I be doing wrong?

Edit: I actully just figured this out and am no longer having an issue. Amazing mod btw. As a side note I notice it says to use a very specific version of slave tats. Does this mean we can't have the newest version of slave tats. Just confused if I downloaded the correct one.

For head hair there is also the Ultra quick hair growth option (makes it ten times faster than normal). If you check the Ultra fast and set the speed to 1 that might approximate 1 week per length change.

If you buy a mirror it will tell you how long it will be till the next hair lenght (in days). You can then play with the settings to get it to equal a week..

Ah ok I'll try that, thanks. :)

Why, hello everybody, and a great many thanks for this incredibly awesome mod. It just radiates realism and immersion on a level I never dared to imagine as possible before I laid eyes on this masterpiece.

And still I must ask a question, for I, am a noob... at using the CK. :D

I was reading Saber's 'Fixing Vampires' entry on page 40 of this very thread, and instantly I knew... I. NEED. THIS. I am most definitely going to become a vampire in every single game of Skyrim I play, and yet I absolutely want this here mod to work even as one of the undead. And while the fix description is very precise and well explained, my absolute noob-ness with the aforementioned CK requires me to ask...

...is one supposed to apply those modifications directly to the Skyrim.esm? (All my modding senses scream to me as I type this that it must be one of the stupidest questions I ever asked, and yet, having never used the CK, and not knowing any better, I find myself in need of asking it anyway.)

And if not, then what steps should I take in order to make this work and not mess up my beloved game?

Any help would be very much appreciated, and please accept my most respectful thanks for what time and efforts it'll take to answer. ^_^

Manah

@Mana

No you're not suppose to apply it directly to the ESM file and it would be impossible to do so unless you converted to and ESP.

What you do is you select these files:

- Skyrim.esm

- Update.esm

- Dawnguard.esm

and then load everything up. Once you're done making your edits as described on page 40 you go up the file and click SAVE this will create a new ESP files which you can then name.

Again when you change into a vampire after the 3rd day you will know so if you have Better Vampires go into the MCM menu and make sure these 3 things are on:

- Has Keyword: ActorTypeUndead

- Has Keyword: Vampire

- PlayerIsVampire=1

Now at that point you open racemenu and change your race. once you do that make sure you feed once then save. Reload the game check the better vampires MCM status menu

and make sure the above 3 are checked, if they're than you're good to go.

If you need anymore help let me know.

I don't use Sacrosanct so I couldn't tell you, there would be nothing game breaking you just wont be able to confirm you have the 3 elements that skyrim uses to detect that you're a vampire.

I made the Vampire patch work through TES5Edit.  I wasn't sure if any mods had altered the Vampire Races and wanted to be sure.  I'm playing as an Imperial, have a ~240 mods installed, many from LL, most from Nexus, including: Better Vampires, BVFE, Better Vampires NPCs, Bloodthirst, Vampire No Sun Damage, Royal Bloodlines, Shaydows Vampire Lord Replacer, and some texture stuff.  To my luck, nothing changed the vampire race except Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawngaurd.esm, and USLEEP.  A warning for anyone who is not a modder - don't update the main ESM or USLEEP files, ever.  Copy the changes to a new mod and apply that esp.

I use MO and haven't quite gotten around to making the CK work with MO plugin trees yet (if it's possible at all) :)

To do it in TES5Edit with Imperial Vampire:  (change which Vampire race to suit your character)

This seems like a lot of steps, but it's just verbose instructions for those a bit inexperienced with TES5Edit)  This updates 1 flag on 1 record in to a new mod, and takes all of about 2min start to finish.

1. Load up your entire load order (all boxes ticked at TES5Edit Startup)
  2. Expand the skyrim.esm tree to Race>ImperialRaceVampire
  3. Click ImperialRaceVampire
  4. Verify which mods appear in the right panel (these mods have entries for this record)
    1. Generally, the mod to the farthest right is the one you want to make a copy of, as it loads last, note it's name.  Mine happened to be USLEEP
  5. Close the skyrim.esm tree, open the USLEEP tree (or whichever you're going to copy)
  6. Expand the USLEEP (or your copy mod) tree to Race>ImperialRaceVampire
  7. Right click on ImperialRaceVampire, select 'Copy as override into...', then <new file> (name it something meaningful)
  8. Respond Yes when asked to verify masters (Dawnguard.esm, Skyrim.esm, potentially others if you've copied something different)
  9. Close the mod tree that you copied from, back in the main tree find and expand the tree for the mod you just created in step 7
  10. In the new mod, expand tree to Race>ImperialRaceVampire
  11. Scroll through the list of settings in right panel to Data>Flags
  12. Right-click the HEADER Flags (row should say something like 'FaceGen Head, Swims, Walks, No Combat In Water, Uses Head Track Anims, Allow PC Dialogue, Allow Pickpocket, Overlay Head Part List, Can Pickup Items, Can Dual Wield')
  13. Click Edit and tick the box for Playable
  14. Save or save on exit, close TES5Edit
  15. Back in MO (or NMM) install the mod as normally and tick box, position in load order, profit.

Edit:  After inspecting the plugin that was created, USLEEP is not a master.  Only update.esm and dawnguard.esm.  USLEEP apparently does not alter ImperialRaceVampire - I have not checked the other vampire races, but it stands to reason changes would be made to all vampire races or none.  Still - it's a good measure to check first when copying.  For example, copying skyirm.esm's vampire race record and loading it AFTER update.esm and dawnguard.esm would override whatever settings those udpates made, and revert them back to original settings - probably breaking other things relying on them.