Hi, I noticed that heel training would advance to level 50 even when I was wearing non-bondage heels. Looking in the code, I would suggest this minor change to one of the conditions in CheckPlayerHeels().

Hah, I guess you are right. I thought that this condition was already caught in the previous lines, but this was only true if your changed your heel status at least once at legel 40. Thanks for pointing this out.

As I read the code, if you start training late in a play-through (but had the mod installed all along), you won't progress at all until you've worn heels longer than the entire play-through to that point.  And that seems to be confirmed by the values I see from the console (time without heels is not reset when you first put on heels).  I assume that's not intentional?

It is not intentional, however, these variables are not used the same way as their names suggest (blame me for using misleading names...).

"PlayerInHeelsSince" rather means "TimeAtWichPlayerHasEquippedHeelsLastTime"

"PlayerNotInHeelsSince" rather means "TimeAtWichPlayerHasUnEquippedHeelsLastTime" (which is set to zero at the beginning).

But it still seems that you are right. I will look into it.  :)

EDIT: Now I have checked the code and have found even more errors. My preliminary changes are like this

int NewPlayerHeelStatus = PlayerHeelStatus()

if NewPlayerHeelStatus > 0
        if (HeelTrainingStatus<40) || (NewPlayerHeelStatus==2) ; at high stages only BD boots count
            HeelWalkingTime += UpdateInterval
        endif
;Debug.Notification(HeelWalkingTime+" of "+HeelWalkingTimeNeeded+"|Elaps"+(Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - PlayerInHeelTrainingSince)+" of "+DaysUntilNextHeelsStatus)
    else
        NoHeelWalkingTime += UpdateInterval
    endif
    if (HeelTrainingStatus<50) && PlayerEverHadBondageFeet && (NewPlayerHeelStatus==2)
        Debug.Messagebox("As soon as the bondage boots look onto your legs, your feet suddenly feel comfortable in their old bondage position.")
        PiercingTicker.PlayYpsSound(10)
        IncreaseHeelTrainingStatus(50)
    elseif (HeelTrainingStatus<40) && PlayerEverHadArchedFeet && (NewPlayerHeelStatus>=1)
        Debug.Messagebox("As soon as you step into the high heels, your feet suddenly feel very comfortable and remember their previous arched shape.")
        PiercingTicker.PlayYpsSound(10)
        IncreaseHeelTrainingStatus(40)
    elseif (OldPlayerHeelStatus==0) && (NewPlayerHeelStatus > 0)
        PlayerInHeelsSince = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()    
        if ((HeelTrainingStatus!=40) || ((OldPlayerHeelStatus<2) && (NewPlayerHeelStatus==2))
            if (Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - PlayerNotInHeelsSince)  > NoHeelsGracePeriod
                PlayerInHeelTrainingSince = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()    ; for Status 40 this counts as PlayerInBondageHeelTrainingSince
            endif
        endif
    elseif ((HeelTrainingStatus==40) && ((OldPlayerHeelStatus<2) && (NewPlayerHeelStatus==2)) ; at stage 40, switched from normal heels to BD boots
        if (Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - PlayerNotInHeelsSince)  > NoHeelsGracePeriod
            PlayerInHeelTrainingSince = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()    
        endif
    elseif (OldPlayerHeelStatus > 0) && (NewPlayerHeelStatus == 0) ; just removed heels
        PlayerNotInHeelsSince = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()    
        if (Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - PlayerInHeelsSince)  > HeelsGracePeriod
            PlayerNotInHeelTrainingSince = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()    
        endif
    elseif (HeelTrainingStatus==40) && (OldPlayerHeelStatus==2) && (NewPlayerHeelStatus!=2) ; for stage 40 BD boots needed!
        PlayerNotInHeelsSince = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()    
    elseif (NewPlayerHeelStatus > 0) && ((Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - PlayerInHeelTrainingSince) >= DaysUntilNextHeelsStatus) && (HeelWalkingTime >= HeelWalkingTimeNeeded) && (HeelWalkingTime > NoHeelWalkingTime)
                if (NewPlayerHeelStatus == 2 || HeelTrainingStatus < 40)        ; Non-bondage heels max out at training level 40
                        IncreaseHeelTrainingStatus()
                elseif (NewPlayerHeelStatus == 1 && HeelTrainingStatus == 50)   ; Wearing non-bondage heels at training level 50 can drop you to 40
                        DecreaseHeelTrainingStatus()
                endif

New update will hopefully next weekend.

Weird also added some code to make the mod compatible with NIO boots.

Noticed a couple of things not working right...

1. The slider in MCM for changing the piercing cost does nothing, it's always 500 gold whatever the piercing or level.

2. The navel piercing always heals up regardless if I'm wearing a piercing there or not.

These may be some kind of mod conflict on my end. Anyone else noticed these problems?

That code snippet still has the 'HeelWalkingTime > NoHeelWalkingTime' condition.  If 'NoHeelWalkingTime' has been counting since the character was first created, that's going to mean a very long wait for any progression.

It is not as bad as it sounds. The NoHeelWalkingTime is reset to 0 when you proceed to a new stage in your heel training, and the 'HeelWalkingTime > NoHeelWalkingTime' only applies when you are about to decrease your heel stage. It will just make sure that you walked longer without heels than with heels during your current stage. But I might just remove this anyway, probably too limiting.

Noticed a couple of things not working right...

1. The slider in MCM for changing the piercing cost does nothing, it's always 500 gold whatever the piercing or level.

2. The navel piercing always heals up regardless if I'm wearing a piercing there or not.

These may be some kind of mod conflict on my end. Anyone else noticed these problems?

1. This is working as intended. 500 gold is the minimum cost. The reason is that you during the piercing process you will get a piercing item equipped, which is worth a couple 100 gold, and this should not be exploited. However, I am thinking about a different way to implement the piercings, which will allow make them available basically "for free", but that is for a future update.

2. This is most likely a bug of this mod. Thank you for pointing this out; I will look into it.

That code snippet still has the 'HeelWalkingTime > NoHeelWalkingTime' condition.  If 'NoHeelWalkingTime' has been counting since the character was first created, that's going to mean a very long wait for any progression.

It is not as bad as it sounds. The NoHeelWalkingTime is reset to 0 when you proceed to a new stage in your heel training, and the 'HeelWalkingTime > NoHeelWalkingTime' only applies when you are about to decrease your heel stage. It will just make sure that you walked longer without heels than with heels during your current stage. But I might just remove this anyway, probably too limiting.

It wasn't just on the 'decrease stage' branch, it was a condition on the last 'increase stage' branch.  Which did exactly what I describe (I saw this in game, which is what motivated me to check the logic; took much too long to proceed to Novice).

It worked OK for heel stage > Untrained.  It was that first increase that took far longer than intended.

Edit: and with that, I'll stop pestering you about it.  I had no trouble working around it, once I figured out what was going on.  Thanks for taking the bug reports seriously.

recently discovered this mod and tried it out (version 3.0.1)

the heels work correctly for my PC.

like the fact that there is a workaround for NIO heels already in place (its a bit cumbersome but is there at least).

the workaround requires the PC to go in and manually tag the NIO heels with the HDT system and give it any height adjustment (by doing this your system then recognizes them correctly for me).

ran into 2 things that I am not sure if were a bug, supposed to happen as they did, or just operator ignorance (mine).

I have the mage nails installed in a combined mod (the original ESP is not there anymore) and the nail polish acted like I had no nail mod installed (not 100% sure I used a color that nail style supports).

I had the jewelry variant of a SED7 nipple ring in inventory when getting those pierced and it gave me a armor variant from that mod when pierced. (I know for sure that the SED7 mod is installed and its ESP active) so I am not sure if that was a bug or just what it was supposed to do.

so my question is does this require the original ESP (form the nail mod or jewelry mods) to be installed, and if so does it require them to be active??

I ask because I have a fair amount of armour/clothing/jewelry/weapon mods in a combined mod (to keep total number ESPs down).

and had a idea for the mod

is there a way (and would you consider it worth doing) for the mod to be able to recognize a piece of jewelry (earrings etc) that is not from one of the listed mods

that it can then use (or at least know that it is a piercing) after the PC gives them a copy of the item (provided it is tagged for the proper slot of course)??

I know Maria Eden does something very similar with outfits, if that is of any help.

but anyway I REALLY :):heart::) like what is done so far and am looking forward to more from the mod.

edit

after a quick test on the polish by using a color I know that style supports I can say it still did not recognize me as having the nail mod installed

(I think it's because it is no longer under its original name).

It wasn't just on the 'decrease stage' branch, it was a condition on the last 'increase stage' branch.  Which did exactly what I describe (I saw this in game, which is what motivated me to check the logic; took much too long to proceed to Novice).

It worked OK for heel stage > Untrained.  It was that first increase that took far longer than intended.

Edit: and with that, I'll stop pestering you about it.  I had no trouble working around it, once I figured out what was going on.  Thanks for taking the bug reports seriously.

Well, I looked again into the issue, and -- yes, you are absolutely right! This will be fixed in the next update.

And, posting constructive feedback is not 'pestering', but very useful to get these problems fixed. Thank you! :)

recently discovered this mod and tried it out (version 3.0.1)

the heels work correctly for my PC.

like the fact that there is a workaround for NIO heels already in place (its a bit cumbersome but is there at least).

the workaround requires the PC to go in and manually tag the NIO heels with the HDT system and give it any height adjustment (by doing this your system then recognizes them correctly for me).

ran into 2 things that I am not sure if were a bug, supposed to happen as they did, or just operator ignorance (mine).

I have the mage nails installed in a combined mod (the original ESP is not there anymore) and the nail polish acted like I had no nail mod installed (not 100% sure I used a color that nail style supports).

I had the jewelry variant of a SED7 nipple ring in inventory when getting those pierced and it gave me a armor variant from that mod when pierced. (I know for sure that the SED7 mod is installed and its ESP active) so I am not sure if that was a bug or just what it was supposed to do.

so my question is does this require the original ESP (form the nail mod or jewelry mods) to be installed, and if so does it require them to be active??

I ask because I have a fair amount of armour/clothing/jewelry/weapon mods in a combined mod (to keep total number ESPs down).

and had a idea for the mod

is there a way (and would you consider it worth doing) for the mod to be able to recognize a piece of jewelry (earrings etc) that is not from one of the listed mods

that it can then use (or at least know that it is a piercing) after the PC gives them a copy of the item (provided it is tagged for the proper slot of course)??

I know Maria Eden does something very similar with outfits, if that is of any help.

but anyway I REALLY :):heart::) like what is done so far and am looking forward to more from the mod.

edit

after a quick test on the polish by using a color I know that style supports I can say it still did not recognize me as having the nail mod installed

(I think it's because it is no longer under its original name).

At this time, the original mods are required and they may not be renamed (that is because the only way I found to make use of 3rd party items is the GetFormFromFile command, which needs the file names). If you point me to other (standardized) piercing/nail mods, I will try to make them work in future updates.

Just posted a new version (3.1).

Here a list of changes:
- new feature: Cinderella Feet: At higher stages, your feet appear to be deformed even when not wearing shoes
- arched feet and bondage feet no longer fit into normal shoes (this option can be turned off)
- this mod is now compatible to NIOverride heels (thanks to weird)
- nail polish is now clearly labelled as "girls only" (for clarification, not for discrimination! Due to the nature of the items they have no effect on males anyway)
- added "Cursed Potion of Arched Feet" and "Bondage Feet" (see DEBUGGING section in the mod description)
- also added "Piercing kits" for Earlobes and Navel (see DEBUGGING section in the mod description)
- slightly decreased the maximum speed debuffs, in order to increase compatibility with other mods
- added an option so that wearing normal high heels on Bondage Feet for a long time will decrease your status to Arched Feet (default = off) ((edit: this feature does not yet work correctly...))
- NPC comment rate (on nail polish and earrings) reduced by half
- for clit and nipples piercings only DD perks will show up (no more duplicate perks)
- removed some unnecessary speed debuffs
- fixed several more bugs (thanks too all who pointed them out!)

Many bugs are fixed or have a workaround. But nevertheless, if there are any issues, please post them here.

Thank you for all your feedback!

one question, i see it is compatible with NIO HH, do i still need HDT HH installed? i havent used HDT HH for at least 6 month now, as i am not using any other mods that need it.

This mod needs the hdtHighHeel.esm master file, I am afraid.

thanks for the info and the update

as for other mods I know of ..right offhand the only other one I remember then name of is the Leah Lilith Jewerly mod here on LL

guess I just going to have to re-install the nails mod and stuff again (i'll just tuck them above the self combined mod).

so thanks again :)

First of all, thanks for the nice mod, I've always wished there was some "training" involved for high heels.

I've just tested 3.1 and the speed debuff does strange things. First I had restrictive boots equipped and also activated the Speed Debuff in the DDX MCM. Completely untrained feet. I was REALLY slow :-)

Strange thing was that I couldn't move in third person, only in first person. Starting to move in first person and then switching to third person worked, but only until I let go of the movement key. I could change that by disabling the speed debuff in DDX.

I got Novice Skill pretty fast (the first stage) and finally got rid of the Restrictive Boots. Moving without heels was quite ok (though definitely slower than normal even though it was only the first Training Stage). Equipping non-bondage-high heels sent me back to ultra slow though. Moving in third person again doesn't work (seems to be tied to the movement speed, if it's too low the character won't start moving in third person).

I'll try and clean my savegame now, maybe there's some leftovers from previous version?

That aside: I would love some kind of MCM slider to change the movement speed debuff or some multiplier of it.

Edit: Cleaning the Savegame fixed the ultra-slow speed issue.

Hi,

are there any known (bad) incompatibilities with this mod other than the ones mentioned on the mod page? I'm sorry to say that I've been having a bit of trouble (crashing when loading) after adding this mod (existing and new saves). What happens is that I add the mod, the game loads fine. MCM initializes and all looks okay. I save and reload, and it crashes (very early during the loading process, before any of the mods that run their routine checks (Prison Overhaul, Frostfall, iNeed etc.) can do their stuff).

My troubleshooting efforts have added more confusion so far:

- everything works fine on new game with a requirements-only setup

- with YPS already activated, then adding a ton of Sexlab mods and it still loads and reloads fine

- I then started adding more mods, one by one or in small batches, loading the game, saving, reloading every time, with quite puzzling results:

- at some point it will just stop working, usually around the 200 mark of enabled mods, the next mod I activate is one too many

- among these 'trigger mods' were for example Sumerset Isles and Dragon Combat Overhaul when active together with YPS

- these two mods have nothing in common with YPS (even at first glance in TES5Edit) so I can't quite imagine that they would in fact be the actual cause of the crash (which I confirmed when loading DCO much earlier and then it didn't crash)

So what is going on here? Am I hitting a boundary in terms of what my Skyrim setup can process? That being said, I usually run long load orders and can't remember having a similar issue before.

//UPDATE\\ After removing some mostly NPC/follower mods from my load order (Notice Board, Vilja and Inigo, one or two others), everything seems to working okay now even with the two aforementioned mods active. Guess it really was just a case of me wanting too much from my tired old PC.

I've just tested 3.1 and the speed debuff does strange things. First I had restrictive boots equipped and also activated the Speed Debuff in the DDX MCM. Completely untrained feet. I was REALLY slow :-) 

That aside: I would love some kind of MCM slider to change the movement speed debuff or some multiplier of it.

Glad that it worked out. May the problem you encountered is that you still had the "old" runspeed debuffs on (from 3.0.1), and got the "new" debuffs (3.1) on top of them.

A safer way to update from 3.0.x to 3.1. could be, that before upgrading you turn the speed debuff off, then exit the MCM, then wait 10-15 seconds, then save again, then install the update and then turn the debuff on again.

Having an MCM slider for speed control would be really nice, but (as to my knowledge) is hard to implement, because for every speed setting I would need to create a whole set of 6 magic spells with 3 spell effects on each of them...

are there any known (bad) incompatibilities with this mod other than the ones mentioned on the mod page? I'm sorry to say that I've been having a bit of trouble (crashing when loading) after adding this mod (existing and new saves).

So what is going on here? Am I hitting a boundary in terms of what my Skyrim setup can process? That being said, I usually run long load orders and can't remember having a similar issue before.

//UPDATE\\ After removing some mostly NPC/follower mods from my load order (Notice Board, Vilja and Inigo, one or two others), everything seems to working okay now even with the two aforementioned mods active. Guess it really was just a case of me wanting too much from my tired old PC.

Sorry to hear about these problems, and glad you found a workaround. This mod has no really "crash dangerous" content. The only incompatibilities arise from other mods that affect run speed or item management.

But this mod is very script heavy. If you encounter frequent crashes, you can try to reduce the script load by disabling some of the options in MCM (on a slower computer it is in particular recommended to choose only 2-3 of the piercing slot options, and not all 11 of them).

Sorry to hear about these problems, and glad you found a workaround. This mod has no really "crash dangerous" content. The only incompatibilities arise from other mods that affect run speed or item management.

But this mod is very script heavy. If you encounter frequent crashes, you can try to reduce the script load by disabling some of the options in MCM (on a slower computer it is in particular recommended to choose only 2-3 of the piercing slot options, and not all 11 of them).

Thanks! It helps to know that in essence everything is behaving as had to be expected. I am running quite a few resource hungry mods in my current setup and after clearing out some, well, ballast that was mostly there for eyecandy everything runs smoothly again. I played for two hours last night with your mod installed (after indeed switching off several MCM options) and it all works fine. So here's one happy camper, because I quite enjoy what your mod is adding to the game.

Having an MCM slider for speed control would be really nice, but (as to my knowledge) is hard to implement, because for every speed setting I would need to create a whole set of 6 magic spells with 3 spell effects on each of them...

Not strictly true.  If all of your 'spells' have a keyword on their magic effect (specific to this mod), and you add a hidden perk that modifies the magnitude of spells that have that keyword (entry point perk, mod spell magnitude or some such)... then you could get by with a lot fewer spells actually.

But that may still be more work than it is worth to you, to convert the spells to that sort of system.

Hi, emily, thank you for the update!

Loved the Cinderella feet, but I recommend editing the ArmorAddon for the 3 feet "Armors", setting the footstep sound to barefoot.  :blush:

Thanks for the nice words, and for the good advice ;)

Not strictly true.  If all of your 'spells' have a keyword on their magic effect (specific to this mod), and you add a hidden perk that modifies the magnitude of spells that have that keyword (entry point perk, mod spell magnitude or some such)... then you could get by with a lot fewer spells actually.

Wow, that sounds like an interesting feature. I will try to make this work in a future update. Thank you for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

This.. This.. is a GREAT mod!!!!  I ve had no problems at all with it.. and its fun for low characters and up!  You want to run around in high heels? You want to be smexy? Maybe you accept the reality of life in Skyrim that you run around as an out front ( uppity to many ) woman, your going to wind up in a ' bind ' at some point.. You need practice in heels. Ask any woman in RL about it...

Loving this.. although my new play thru' is griping about her feet.. she will be thankful she took that hookers advice about wearing heels.. ;-)

MCM slider to change the movement speed debuff or some multiplier of it. really need. 

So I've been using this mod for a little while now and I must say I'm impressed. It works well and adds some nice little extras to the game.

The heels stumble/pain animations can kick in at inconvenient moments -- some of them "good" and quite fun (like when balancing on a ledge and falling off because of it -- shouldn't do dangerous acrobatics with those shoes!!!) -- some of them "bad", breaking other animations and generally immersion. For example when the character is bound, like during a Prison Overhaul scene. No idea how big of an issue that actually is besides the visual oddities, but I've decided to play it safe and switch off the animations when in prison. (Could a hotkey be implemented for the animations toggle? Or would that be too much extra work for something really quite rarely needed?)

So I've been using this mod for a little while now and I must say I'm impressed. It works well and adds some nice little extras to the game.

The heels stumble/pain animations can kick in at inconvenient moments -- some of them "good" and quite fun (like when balancing on a ledge and falling off because of it -- shouldn't do dangerous acrobatics with those shoes!!!) -- some of them "bad", breaking other animations and generally immersion. For example when the character is bound, like during a Prison Overhaul scene. No idea how big of an issue that actually is besides the visual oddities, but I've decided to play it safe and switch off the animations when in prison. (Could a hotkey be implemented for the animations toggle? Or would that be too much extra work for something really quite rarely needed?)

Did you find stumbles an issue in prison? By that I mean.. timing wise? Worked out well and humorous for me. Maybe luck of the draw. ;-) Example.. on parade I fell over.. and of course the Jailor kept walking.. and I had to move slow to catch up ( via the auto jog ) but it did kick him to say.. MOVE IT PRISONER MOVE IT PRISONER.. I thought it was funny.. same with tripping down the stairs at Dragonsreach.. I ve not had any fall overs in pillory.. Yeah.. it is odd to wave your hands when your bound.. but I ve seen it in a few mods so I think I just write it off.. but if I think on it.. why do my hands wave around at impossible times.

I turned off cover self for that reason.. how in the heck do you cover yourself when your bound? Or even better.. why would you dancing nekid??  ;-p

man.. I had never even thought about falling off a height.. now I ll be careful!!!