Good, I have been meaning to get into modding for a while now, but didn't start because every mod i wanted to make there was already something similar. This will likely be my favorite mod of all time. I once spent a week troubleshooting a digital clock I made from scratch, nothing will be more painful than looking at the same diagram you made and trying to figure out how to do something as easy as resetting to 1 instead of 0 after 12. I know the creationkit and papyrus are different from anything I've worked with but I'm a fast study. In my JavaScript class I forgot about the final project and ended up making and testing the whole thing in just a few days. 

I can't really start working or rather learning how to do this until next week though. In probably 2 weeks I think I'll make a new topic or something.

Hey bud sounds exciting, You may wanna get down and dirty with this, .... while your at it...

Hey guys, Before I keep going with this. what do you think so far? Don't pay attention to the textures, I'm just testing some out.

pretty good so far, but if I had to change anything, I'd make it less symmetrical so it looks more organic.  (and some penetration wouldn't go amiss either, but that's just me ;) )

haha definitely.  I mirror the major parts of the model, then will go back.  ironically does penetrate. just more like a flower tentacle. Similar to some of the concept art they had where it was just the symbiotic back.  this is still a very rough copy as of now

oh so it does lul!  I guess it's not visible enough, but other than that, good job on the model :P

This is looking amazing!

Is there any chance of a Skyrim port for the model? With a different texture, it would fit well with Hermaeus Mora.

I haven't modded games in years so I'm pretty rusty.  from the looks though, Skyrim is way similar to fallout. I'm sure I can port it.

Textures definitely aren't the finals. they're just examples for now

This is looking amazing!

Is there any chance of a Skyrim port for the model? With a different texture, it would fit well with Hermaeus Mora.

I haven't modded games in years so I'm pretty rusty.  from the looks though, Skyrim is way similar to fallout. I'm sure I can port it.

Oh, yeah, believe me, I wasn't criticizing the textures.

It's just that it would be lore-friendly if it used the darktentacle texture from dragonborn, is all!

But that's a worry for a different month!

This is looking amazing!

Oh, yeah, believe me, I wasn't criticizing the textures.

It's just that it would be lore-friendly if it used the darktentacle texture from dragonborn, is all!

But that's a worry for a different month!

Definitely! sadly this is a side thing I'm doing. I have a main mod that I've grinding at over on the nexus. Unless the original creator of this mod decides to pick it back up or others to Collab, it'll take me a little bit.

this looks awesome!

Do you have projected release date or a list of mods that are used in tandem?

No ETA,  I'm actually not the creator of this thread or idea.  All I'm doing is giving concept models if they decided to start this up again.  Otherwise I'll be creating a version on my own or with other's assistance. May be another month before I get the modeling/texturing done personally

I hope this doesent end up beeing a great mod without Bodyslide support.

There is no use of such potential, when its only usable for a specific body.

hey hey, let's not get spoiled whlie waiting. 

I still take no credit for this mod. If the original creators pick it up, hopefully they'll add bs support.  Since I'm new at modding fallout, anything complex will come later. I'm using the atomic body right now as reference.

Anybody with a half chub wanting this mod can at least beta test my version with that particular body for now. better than nothing at all

(speaking of, so I don't keep hi-jacking this thread, when the base armor I'm doing is out I'll start a new thread entirely)

Anyways here's some of the ideas that i had in my head earlier on that i thought would be cool to see in this mod or relating to it~

Being that the armor, if it were going to be it's own suit of power armor, would have to work the same way to an extent as the vanilla power armor in regards to entering and exiting etc.

So i immediately had the idea of a power armor was 'reclaimed' by the sea, like a frame that was at some point lost to sea and then various undersea creatures like octopi, squid, crabs etc took it over. The player would have eventually stumbled upon it in some way or another, and being that it was bio-mechanical it would live off the player kind of like a symbiotic relationship. (this would still work perfectly with the ideas in the mod descriptions the feeding and the scenes etc.)

--images are kinda big sorry--

frame%20taken%20by%20the%20sea%20no%20te

yes thats Nahant wharf up above

frame%20taken%20by%20the%20sea.jpg

entering_exiting%20the%20armor.jpg

(entering/exiting the armor?)

tentacle%20armor%20under.jpg

(Thoughts for what the tentacles on the player could look like~)

Curse%20of%20the%20Sea%20No%20Helmet.jpg

(player character wearing the armor without helmet piece)

Curse%20of%20the%20Sea%20Helmeted.jpg

(player with helmet)

helmet%20mechanics.jpg

player character in the helmet/ how the suit lives off YOU.

I can’t see these pictures anymore, can someone repost them please?
  • 2 weeks later...

R.I.P , i was waiting for this mod for almost a year now . Detailed artworks , made it to 2.0 and someone even release the texture and model but no release . Ah well who knows , maybe it'll get a release some day in the future , hope i still have fun playing fallout 4 to download it when the release is out . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/11/4 at 4:19 AM, MitsuneAiko said:

R.I.P , i was waiting for this mod for almost a year now . Detailed artworks , made it to 2.0 and someone even release the texture and model but no release . Ah well who knows , maybe it'll get a release some day in the future , hope i still have fun playing fallout 4 to download it when the release is out . 

i am sure they can't do much without animation.

• 4 weeks later...