CBBE Armors ported from Skyrim Mods

Been learning what I can do with mods so I updated the 2 ESP's. Added in support for scrapping in workshop and modification mode.

Custom Armors-Semi-Vanilla Mod Attachments-v2.rar

Custom Armors-Armorsmith Extended-v2.rar

Mediafire links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cl8ozbj9fno70fj/Custom_Armors-Semi-Vanilla_Mod_Attachments-v2.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e7lo36h0836hzdz/Custom_Armors-Armorsmith_Extended-v2.rar

For those who might care and are interested it's fairly simple.

1. Create a COBJ (Constructable object).
  2. Create FLST (FormID List).
  3. In COBJ, edit CNAM to reference the FLST.
  4. In COBJ, edit FNAM to point to keyword(s) for scrap (ModRecipeFilterScrap "Scrap" [KYWD:001CF58B] | WorkshopRecipeFilterScrap "Scrap" [KYWD:00106D8F] or both)
  5. Edit the FormID List referencing items eligible to scrap using this recipe. 
  6. Almost forgot, place a list of components to give back upon scrapping inside the COBJ. (Cloth seems to give 1/2 back, Plastic 1/4, Leather 1/5, didn't test any others).

Screenshots for visual aid.

post-516911-0-43218300-1452247657_thumb.png

post-516911-0-37999200-1452247666_thumb.png

Here's a few more I've done.  Will upload them soon. 

Do people prefer them individually, as sets, or everything just thrown into one download?

are those included on the download already ?

Not yet, but holy crap, the first two outfits could really fit in the game. Not sure which one I'll use as replacer, maybe the first one :D

Sadly I'm still waiting for some explanation/tutorial on making new and/or converting fo3/nv/skyrim models to work on FO4. Looking at the nif's I see lots of changes besides just bone names. I'm not sure where to start or what needs to be done yet. Anyone know a guide page to start with?

I dont post here much these days but i am in the process of learning these conversions; To my knowledge these conversions will work for FO3/NV models as well? i have a file that i would like to do this with but may need a few step by step pointers once i get my software reinstalled today. its the FO stormtrooper model

Sadly I'm still waiting for some explanation/tutorial on making new and/or converting fo3/nv/skyrim models to work on FO4. Looking at the nif's I see lots of changes besides just bone names. I'm not sure where to start or what needs to be done yet. Anyone know a guide page to start with?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7957/?

Here's a few more I've done. Will upload them soon.

Do people prefer them individually, as sets, or everything just thrown into one download?

are those included on the download already ?

I'll redo them this evening. I didn't do bodyslide support for them so I will do it and upload them later.

Been learning what I can do with mods so I updated the 2 ESP's. Added in support for scrapping in workshop and modification mode.

Custom Armors-Semi-Vanilla Mod Attachments-v2.rar

Custom Armors-Armorsmith Extended-v2.rar

Mediafire links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cl8ozbj9fno70fj/Custom_Armors-Semi-Vanilla_Mod_Attachments-v2.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e7lo36h0836hzdz/Custom_Armors-Armorsmith_Extended-v2.rar

For those who might care and are interested it's fairly simple.

• Create a COBJ (Constructable object).
  • Create FLST (FormID List).
  • In COBJ, edit CNAM to reference the FLST.
  • In COBJ, edit FNAM to point to keyword(s) for scrap (ModRecipeFilterScrap "Scrap" [KYWD:001CF58B] | WorkshopRecipeFilterScrap "Scrap" [KYWD:00106D8F] or both)
  • Edit the FormID List referencing items eligible to scrap using this recipe.
  • Almost forgot, place a list of components to give back upon scrapping inside the COBJ. (Cloth seems to give 1/2 back, Plastic 1/4, Leather 1/5, didn't test any others).
Screenshots for visual aid.

Part 1.png

Part 2.png

Thanks for this, I should really learn how to do this.

I will make a video when I do my next one.

Updated original post with 2 new armors.  Apologies again to SlapMeSilly because I know he did great work updating the original ESP for workbench and armorsmith extended support.  If you would like to add these ones as well, I will add your ESP's to the main OP.

The rest of the armors I will probably be doing individually.

Im trying to make an .esp for some conversions but how do you point to an armor? For instance, if i copy the vaultsuit and add to the new .esp, how to make that show a new mesh instead of the vanilla vaultsuit? Right now i only understood how to point to ground meshes and renaming.

Updated original post with 2 new armors.  Apologies again to SlapMeSilly because I know he did great work updating the original ESP for workbench and armorsmith extended support.  If you would like to add these ones as well, I will add your ESP's to the main OP.

The rest of the armors I will probably be doing individually.

No problem. Will do it when I get home. Shouldn't be a big deal as long as I have a base to start with. It essentially becomes a crazy copy/paste.

Im trying to make an .esp for some conversions but how do you point to an armor? For instance, if i copy the vaultsuit and add to the new .esp, how to make that show a new mesh instead of the vanilla vaultsuit? Right now i only understood how to point to ground meshes and renaming.

For basic armor support you need 2 records. An ARMA (Armor Addon) and an ARMO (Armor). The ARMO points to the ARMA which identifies the nif and material (if any).

The ARMO record says what model to show in crafting windows, as well as a transform (most people leave off which causes display issues), the name that shows up in crafting windows (if you add crafting recipe records), which biped(s) are used for the piece which causes auto un-equip of other pieces, keywords for mods and things, and dynamic naming data.

There's more but that should be a good primer.

I'm unclear about all the bone reference values on the ARMA records. If I start making my own ports I'll have to look into that. From what I've seen some mods have it and some don't. Usually the ones that don't are complete body replacer armors, and not ones that are just topical armor pieces like a right arm leather piece or such.

I think this may be what you're asking for.

post-326844-0-25915600-1452294119_thumb.jpg

For basic armor support you need 2 records. An ARMA (Armor Addon) and an ARMO (Armor). The ARMO points to the ARMA which identifies the nif and material (if any).

The ARMO record says what model to show in crafting windows, as well as a transform (most people leave off which causes display issues), the name that shows up in crafting windows (if you add crafting recipe records), which biped(s) are used for the piece which causes auto un-equip of other pieces, keywords for mods and things, and dynamic naming data.

There's more but that should be a good primer.

I'm unclear about all the bone reference values on the ARMA records. If I start making my own ports I'll have to look into that. From what I've seen some mods have it and some don't. Usually the ones that don't are complete body replacer armors, and not ones that are just topical armor pieces like a right arm leather piece or such.

Im so blind

Oh the ARMA... the female world model...I had the idea the ARMO was the one that kept that info... thanks for the help.

What about the Outfit record?

Ok new ESP's with recipes and scrap recipes. Keywords for sorting mods, etc etc. Does not include Faith. Were you going to merge Faith into the main or keep it separate?

Custom Armors-Semi-Vanilla Mod Attachments-v3.rar

Custom Armors-Armorsmith Extended-v3.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3u8zhk0afqvrqv3/Custom_Armors-Semi-Vanilla_Mod_Attachments-v3.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3o69ciabz44i61/Custom_Armors-Armorsmith_Extended-v3.rar

*Edit error in armorsmith version...working on it. Fixed.

Ok new ESP's with recipes and scrap recipes. Keywords for sorting mods, etc etc. Does not include Faith. Were you going to merge Faith into the main or keep it separate?

attachicon.gifCustom Armors-Semi-Vanilla Mod Attachments-v3.rar

attachicon.gifCustom Armors-Armorsmith Extended-v3.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3u8zhk0afqvrqv3/Custom_Armors-Semi-Vanilla_Mod_Attachments-v3.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3o69ciabz44i61/Custom_Armors-Armorsmith_Extended-v3.rar

*Edit error in armorsmith version...working on it. Fixed.

Thanks, updated OP!

Since this is kinda related and I had asked earlier how you went about porting armors I had a question. Gonna sound noobish (cause I am really) but i'm having a hard time here.

Got 3 different armors from skyrim mods. Trying to port them but I'm getting stuck trying to convert them to new nif format. Here's my process so far:

1. Open 3DS with empty project.
  2. Import an existing FO4 mesh using the FO4 type in the nif import window (I'm using vault suit, but have tried CBBE base body)
  3. Delete mesh(es) and leave skeleton.
  4. (Based on guide posted earlier linking to a PDF on nexus) control-a to select all.
  5. Import armor I want to convert unchecking skeleton (have tried importing as skyrim, fo3, and fo4 types)
  6. Export as FO4 type.

At this point is my problem. I usually get some generic error that says "Unknown Error". Sometimes I'll get one that says I have to select a bone. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Since this is kinda related and I had asked earlier how you went about porting armors I had a question. Gonna sound noobish (cause I am really) but i'm having a hard time here.

Got 3 different armors from skyrim mods. Trying to port them but I'm getting stuck trying to convert them to new nif format. Here's my process so far:

1. Open 3DS with empty project.
  2. Import an existing FO4 mesh using the FO4 type in the nif import window (I'm using vault suit, but have tried CBBE base body)
  3. Delete mesh(es) and leave skeleton.
  4. (Based on guide posted earlier linking to a PDF on nexus) control-a to select all.
  5. Import armor I want to convert unchecking skeleton (have tried importing as skyrim, fo3, and fo4 types)
  6. Export as FO4 type.

At this point is my problem. I usually get some generic error that says "Unknown Error". Sometimes I'll get one that says I have to select a bone. Am I missing a step somewhere?

I didn't think there was 3DS support yet, that might be the problem, but in the meantime You can do it without.  I will write up the full summary here, if you need me to clarify or have questions.  Just ask.

1. Open Nif file of armor you want to use in Fallout in NifSkope

2.  Click on each part you want to use and under file, export as Obj.

3.  Open Outfit Studio and select new project Skyrim CBBE to F04 CBBE

4.  Import all Obj's you exported from nifskope

5.  They will not be sized right so select all of them (not the reference body) and scale down to 0.1 and then move the z axis -120

6.  The armor should now be roughly on the body.

7.  Select all objects and select copy bone weights and under slider select conform all.  move Skyrim to FO4 slider all the way to the right, the base shape should change pose.

8.  Under slider, select Set Base Shape

9.  Now under file select load reference and select CBBE

10.  Use tools on top bar to inflate and deflate the outfit until it covers the reference body, this is where you are setting the shape of the body outfit as it will be in game.

11.  When done adjusting armor,  "set base shape" again and "conform all" again under sliders.  Test sliders to make sure there is no clipping when using extreme settings.

12.  Export Nif with reference.  Don't save project yet.

13.  Make your textures.  You'll need the diffuse map, normal map and specular map.  (There are guides out there on how to do this, but I can expand more if you have questions.)

14.  Open material editor and create new material.  You will need a material for every texture you need.  Not bad if you have 1 or 2 textures, annoying if you have 10.

15.  All you really need to do for material editor is on the second tab 'material'  add the link to the 3 files for each texture.  save them all in the material tab.  

16.  Open nifskope with the model you exported earlier, on each part of the outfit  nif, add the material path to the material you just created in BSLightningShaderProperty and then add the textures to the BSShaderTextureSet.  Diffuse map goes in the first texture subgroup, normal map in the second, and the specular map in the eighth.  (Check CBBE body for reference)

17.  Save Nif and open again in Outfit studio, it should now have textures.

18.  Under File, load reference again, select CBBE.  This will open a second CBBE body ref.  Select your original CBBE body and make it your reference.  erase the second CBBE model.  "Conform all" again.

NOTE:  This step is weird because I found that when I reloaded the nif, I would lose the sliders, this gets them back.  Test sliders, make sure outfit moves with body.

19.  Save as new project.   This should give you bodysliders for your new outfit.

20.  Now you can open bodyslide, select your new outfit and load whatever your preset is.  Build and adjust in outfit studio if you need to fix clipping.

This is what I do.  It was a lot of trial and error.  There might be redundant steps, it might not be the way you do it, but it works for me and as I have already uploaded 8 conversions where this method has worked for me, I am happy with it.

Archived