Fallout 4 HDT?

5 hours ago, Vader666 said:

Literally anything that is not as tedious as this ? :

havokScreen.jpg

I have the technical expertise to make that easier, but I don't know what that easier UI would look like.

If you have specific ideas on what such a tool would look like and do, I can probably make something real quick

19 hours ago, Asrienda said:

I have the technical expertise to make that easier, but I don't know what that easier UI would look like.

If you have specific ideas on what such a tool would look like and do, I can probably make something real quick

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25491-hdthavokmodifier-just-for-fun-jff-v4/

This is a reference to a mod for Skyrim that gave a GUI for doing something very similar if not exactly what your intentions are for I believe. I couldn't edit Skyrim HDT in Notepadd++ very easily but with JFF I had no issues at all.

https://i.imgur.com/qDKLiGl.jpg

Image demonstrating how it looks/works.

23 hours ago, Asrienda said:

Well it depends on what you want to edit.

Ragdoll physics can be exported directly out of 3ds max by using HCT.

A tool like JFF would make editing the generated files easier, but i dont see any need for this in FO4.

Cloth physics can be somewhat used in max, but the "free" HCT lacks the export filters needed to build the binarys.

So something that actually generates these out of the max scene may be handy.

But since i haven't done anything with cloth physic im not sure if you can really use it in max and how those files are looking like.

Also it may be possible to export the cloth physics with the official nif exporter, since cloth physics are entirely stored in its own block.

I could also image a plugin for nifscope, to set up everything in there.

What im most interested in, and probably the easiest to achieve, is a tool to edit behaviors.

UI-wise it could be done just like the HBT does it,which is similar to UE4´s blueprint system:

Spoiler

UE Blueprints

2422-pickup.jpg

Havok HBT

hqdefault.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23.1.2018 at 6:05 PM, ralfetas said:

we could add havok to any bone we want, including the "fat..." bones

You should apply physics to these "skin" bones only, because the other bones are animated by animations.

Now while it could be possible to add physics to these nodes aswell, you would get animations fighting with the physics system i.e. the physics telling the node to go right, while the animation tells it to go left...

I asked this question elsewhere, but I figured I would post it here in case someone else has more information. Has anyone figured out how to add new bones to the Fallout 4 skeleton and get them to work in-game yet? 

From what I can tell on most of this thread, people are talking about using the havok physics that come with the game to get breast physics similar to HDT, which I understand is a difficult task. In the meantime I was wondering if someone had figured out how to add breast bones to the vanilla skeleton and get them to work in-game, so that someone could hand animate breast/butt physics like in Skyrim before HDT came along. I don't really know anything about the technical aspects of Nifskope, so I don't know whether this is possible or not or if someone had attempted it yet. 

1 hour ago, gooboo said:

I asked this question elsewhere, but I figured I would post it here in case someone else has more information. Has anyone figured out how to add new bones to the Fallout 4 skeleton and get them to work in-game yet? 

From what I can tell on most of this thread, people are talking about using the havok physics that come with the game to get breast physics similar to HDT, which I understand is a difficult task. In the meantime I was wondering if someone had figured out how to add breast bones to the vanilla skeleton and get them to work in-game, so that someone could hand animate breast/butt physics like in Skyrim before HDT came along. I don't really know anything about the technical aspects of Nifskope, so I don't know whether this is possible or not or if someone had attempted it yet. 

Unfortunately the breast and butt are skinned to _skin nodes that morphs those parts and can't be animated.  I imagine you'll have to break those joints to introduce a new, animateable butt/breast bone, but that's probably going to bring up some issues.

On 08/02/2018 at 2:55 PM, Vader666 said:

You should apply physics to these "skin" bones only, because the other bones are animated by animations.

Now while it could be possible to add physics to these nodes aswell, you would get animations fighting with the physics system i.e. the physics telling the node to go right, while the animation tells it to go left...

This makes sense indeed... This makes the work even harder them.

On 15.2.2018 at 2:28 AM, gooboo said:

What about adding new bones entirely, instead of messing with the _skin nodes?

There is a limitation of 4 bone weights per vertice, which is already reached by just having the vanilla nodes.

Adding new nodes for this will either result in deformation of the mesh or the new nodes will just not work visually because the weight get ignored.

On 15.2.2018 at 12:05 AM, Leito86 said:

Unfortunately the breast and butt are skinned to _skin nodes that morphs those parts and can't be animated.  I imagine you'll have to break those joints to introduce a new, animateable butt/breast bone, but that's probably going to bring up some issues.

Seems i just need to try out what happens when i add the _skin nodes to the havok rig...

Indeed another way could be to parent the skin nodes  to newly made nodes, but im unsure how well the results would look like.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So nothing new regarding Fallout4 body physics?

copying the weight for each armor is such a boring process.

and the result is still quite disappointing :(

• 2 weeks later...

If you make a google search like: Fallout 4 Breast Physics “theorem games”... (use the quotes)

You will find 2 youtube videos... there the creator explains in one of the comments: “It's a character joint carefully configured with dynamic bone set to animate physics”... “Joint is joined to a kinematic rigidbody in the chest bone. Then swing and twist settings are set up.”

Well... he posted that on February 2018... and those are the best physics I’ve seen in Fallout 4... hopefully he will share some day :(

Archived