Lordescobar's Moddable Piercings (for CBBE)

are we gonna get facial piercings?

Everyone wants new content, but noone wants to discuss how to best implement said content.

To repeat myself:

The question is how to proceed with piercings for other body parts. There are two options:

• Add more slots for naval/labia/... piercings to the current armor object.
  • Advantage: I only need a single body slot.
  • Disadvantage: The mod menu gets really crowded.
  • Separate armor objects for other piercings.
    • Advantage: Mod menu is not crowded.
    • Disadvantage: I need more than one body slot.
The body slot question is actually a very important issue to discuss. With Fallout 4 we only have 5-6 unused slots, and maybe 2-3 more we can re-purpose. That's much fewer than we could use for our, let's call them "special", devices in Skyrim.

To make the best of the few available resources and avoid any incompatibilities between different outfits, we need to come to an agreement among mod authors as soon as possible. And we should use mod slots as often as possible. For example, it would make sense to use only one body slot for underwear, have a single underwear armor objects for the player to equip which has slots for pantys, bras, socks, ....  And mod authors can bring their underwear creations into Fallout in form of modifications for that underwear object. Would save resources and facilitate compatibility between different mods.

Everyone wants new content, but noone wants to discuss how to best implement said content.

To repeat myself:

The question is how to proceed with piercings for other body parts. There are two options:

The body slot question is actually a very important issue to discuss. With Fallout 4 we only have 5-6 unused slots, and maybe 2-3 more we can re-purpose. That's much fewer than we could use for our, let's call them "special", devices in Skyrim.

To make the best of the few available resources and avoid any incompatibilities between different outfits, we need to come to an agreement among mod authors as soon as possible. And we should use mod slots as often as possible. For example, it would make sense to use only one body slot for underwear, have a single underwear armor objects for the player to equip which has slots for pantys, bras, socks, ....  And mod authors can bring their underwear creations into Fallout in form of modifications for that underwear object. Would save resources and facilitate compatibility between different mods.

Lets discuss, modders need to discuss this and come to an agreement. I just made a bunch of microbikinis for my mod, they all use slot 54 (no body mesh in the nif)

We should make a sticky thread saying what we think we should designate every slot for.

I will do whatever recommendations you put forward

I'm impressed with the customization possible using crafting menu like you did Lordescobar666.

It open so many future possibilities for changing the look of an armor/clothing directly in game.

To answer the question, I do like one slot even with crowded menus.

My only small complaint is having to install Crafting Workbenches since your mod is the only reason why I have to use it, but it is not a deal breaker.

Lets discuss, modders need to discuss this and come to an agreement. I just made a bunch of microbikinis for my mod, they all use slot 54 (no body mesh in the nif)

We should make a sticky thread saying what we think we should designate every slot for.

I will do whatever recommendations you put forward

I am also using slot 54, so we already have a conflict. In the current state this does not matter since equipping bikinis and nipple piercings at the same time will lead to clipping issues. But when I add mod slots for naval/labia/facial piercings, then it will matter.

Making a sticky thread is a good idea. Will create it when I come home tonight. Let's then continue any discussions there.

I'm impressed with the customization possible using crafting menu like you did Lordescobar666.

It open so many future possibilities for changing the look of an armor/clothing directly in game.

To answer the question, I do like one slot even with crowded menus.

My only small complaint is having to install Crafting Workbenches since your mod is the only reason why I have to use it, but it is not a deal breaker.

I personally use Crafting Workbenches because it do not find it immersive to craft stuff at the chemistry station. And I do not want to have to maintain several different versions of this mod. That's why this mod requires Crafting Workbenches. I know that this move is not liked by everyone, but what are the alternatives? Blame Bethesda for not including an armor crafting workbench in the vanilla game.

Hi Lord, and thanks for this mod!

I got a problem however, the customisation in armor workbench doesn't work, do you know if this mod is compatible with those ones:

Armor Keywords Community Resource (AKCR) - Armor Keywords Community Resource v1.55

Armorsmith Extended - Armorsmith Extended v2.5

Better Item Sorting FR

DEF_INV 3 - Improved inventory beta

keyNuker

Craftable Ammo

Craftable Armor Size VF

The rings appears as customisable in workbench, but no modification can be applied and I can't exit the workbench, have to quit the game.

All mods are updated, tried with V0.3, and crafting workbenches 1.2.1 installed with addons AMMO/AMMO SPECIAL/Faction and quest requirements/Junk items/PowerArmor/PreWarAndManufactured.

I tried to disable every other mods in PLUGINS section in NMM (except CRAFTING WORKBENCHES and CBBE of course), but it's still doesn't work, I didn't tried to remove them completely.

I have 113 active mods but I don't think the ones I didn't listed can interfere.

Thanks by advance and sorry if my english is bad, I am français!

To repeat myself:

Impressive work, very impressive. Tested and enjoyed. Thank you.

Just my two cents: I think it's better the first way and write down somewhere the slot you use for the piercings. When FO4 will get SOS, than belts, plugs, slave collars and so on, there will be slot conflicts for sure.

It was really easy to browse into the mod menu, so far.

Hi Lord, and thanks for this mod!

I got a problem however, the customisation in armor workbench doesn't work, do you know if this mod is compatible with those ones:

Armor Keywords Community Resource (AKCR) - Armor Keywords Community Resource v1.55

Armorsmith Extended - Armorsmith Extended v2.5

Better Item Sorting FR

DEF_INV 3 - Improved inventory beta

keyNuker

Craftable Ammo

Craftable Armor Size VF

The rings appears as customisable in workbench, but no modification can be applied and I can't exit the workbench, have to quit the game.

All mods are updated, tried with V0.3, and crafting workbenches 1.2.1 installed with addons AMMO/AMMO SPECIAL/Faction and quest requirements/Junk items/PowerArmor/PreWarAndManufactured.

I tried to disable every other mods in PLUGINS section in NMM (except CRAFTING WORKBENCHES and CBBE of course), but it's still doesn't work, I didn't tried to remove them completely.

I have 113 active mods but I don't think the ones I didn't listed can interfere.

Thanks by advance and sorry if my english is bad, I am français!

Yep. Same problem here.

Moin

Oli

I have no clue what's the cause of the problem. We have just started modding Fallout 4, the Creation Kit hasn't been released yet, and there are a lot of things we don't know. It's the curse of early adopters to uncover things that don't work, and for which there are no solutions yet.

I use the armorsmith extended mod , is it compatible ps. when I downloaded mod I get warning unrecognized game mode error saying nmm. is not set up for skyrim. if skyrim is installed, rescan for installed games from the change game toolbar item.? I have nmm. for fallout4 open?

edit  ; so I finaly got this to work. it seems to have been the new updates to armorsmith ex. and crafting work benches having made changes. I think its due to AWKCR v1.69. it also  made it so I could not craft other armors I downloaded aswell. idownloaded previous versions of those two mods and everything worked fine. nice work by the way. any chance in adding physics to them?

Hi! Something not working right in bodyslide with piercings. I use 2pac's favorite body with large boobs, in bodyslide i build body and piercings in batchbuild but in game piercings not attached to nipples they gone under tits and chain also gone there. Is there solutions you can offer?

thank you for your mod i enjoyed the first version very much

I have a question though do i need  an amorer rank to make this?( i tried to make the piercing at level 1 with no amorer ranks))  The nipple piercing shows up in the menu but are not visible when equipped and the menu on the clothing crafting bench only shows nipple piercings no accessories  is that correct? Thought i had to mod the piercing but they are not in the modding menu.....are there something completely wrong here?

Could someone explain me how this mod works please :angel:

Edit: Just read the OP again sorry.....so i have to make it visible in the armor modding bench .....but its not on the modding menu/ list.....hm

Edit: suddently after reboot the menu showed up....hm as i understand it they cost nothing(no material) to make and i can modify them as whatever (the material requirement is "none" but is greyed out) I made a  a pair of rings but they are invisible....?!

I remade the holepack in BS one by one and they are all there..so is it the body slide files? im using a custom reset body and the mod worked with that , in the first version

Sorry if im stupid but i really want this to work

So when do we get the option of "Black Titanium" for the coloring?

Most of the outfits my chick wears are dark....

Oh and a skull option for the ring (hang off of it like the gem does), and crossbones (thru the nipple instead of the plus sign barbell setup).

Yeah those would go real nice with the Leftenants hat (total butcher of the queen's english in writen form).... Hmm make me want to do a retexture for the hat (nice little Skull and Cross bones on the side would be so nice, along with a whole bunch of "Arh Maties" for speech files).

Sorry for being a blockhead with this but im trying to get this mod to work and the ignorance is on my side .....

I can make a piercing yes its in my inventory. When i use the modding bench i can build a ring with no material hm....???

but its not showing when equipped,

i can drop it and i can see it and pick it up....hm

I tried to make it with a bead, gold and as can be seen on last picture its there ,equipped ,but only the bead hm.....

post-28-0-70248700-1453145433_thumb.jpgpost-28-0-13089700-1453145457_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-16848900-1453145478_thumb.jpgpost-28-0-78594500-1453146274_thumb.jpg

Do i have to have the materials in my inventory.....or?

I dont understand how to use this mod and how it works can some friendly soul explain for the dumb one how to do??

thanks

Hi! Something not working right in bodyslide with piercings. I use 2pac's favorite body with large boobs, in bodyslide i build body and piercings in batchbuild but in game piercings not attached to nipples they gone under tits and chain also gone there. Is there solutions you can offer?

So you build the piercings in bodyslide using the correct slider preset, and they do not line up? This should not happen. I didn't test it for extreme breasts sizes though, so maybe the piercing's slider sets are just not suited for big breasts.

thank you for your mod i enjoyed the first version very much

I have a question though do i need  an amorer rank to make this?( i tried to make the piercing at level 1 with no amorer ranks))  The nipple piercing shows up in the menu but are not visible when equipped and the menu on the clothing crafting bench only shows nipple piercings no accessories  is that correct? Thought i had to mod the piercing but they are not in the modding menu.....are there something completely wrong here?

Could someone explain me how this mod works please :angel:

Edit: Just read the OP again sorry.....so i have to make it visible in the armor modding bench .....but its not on the modding menu/ list.....hm

Edit: suddently after reboot the menu showed up....hm as i understand it they cost nothing(no material) to make and i can modify them as whatever (the material requirement is "none" but is greyed out) I made a  a pair of rings but they are invisible....?!

I remade the holepack in BS one by one and they are all there..so is it the body slide files? im using a custom reset body and the mod worked with that , in the first version

Sorry if im stupid but i really want this to work

Sorry for being a blockhead with this but im trying to get this mod to work and the ignorance is on my side .....

I can make a piercing yes its in my inventory. When i use the modding bench i can build a ring with no material hm....???

but its not showing when equipped,

i can drop it and i can see it and pick it up....hm

I tried to make it with a bead, gold and as can be seen on last picture its there ,equipped ,but only the bead hm.....

Do i have to have the materials in my inventory.....or?

I dont understand how to use this mod and how it works can some friendly soul explain for the dumb one how to do??

thanks

There are no requirements whatsoever.

First, when you install it you need to use bodyslide to build them according to your preferred slider preset.

When you are at the armor workbench, you must first select a piercing. When you have done that then unter Material there should be new mods listed. You need to have a material mod other than None to actually see any piercings!

So when do we get the option of "Black Titanium" for the coloring?

Most of the outfits my chick wears are dark....

Oh and a skull option for the ring (hang off of it like the gem does), and crossbones (thru the nipple instead of the plus sign barbell setup).

Yeah those would go real nice with the Leftenants hat (total butcher of the queen's english in writen form).... Hmm make me want to do a retexture for the hat (nice little Skull and Cross bones on the side would be so nice, along with a whole bunch of "Arh Maties" for speech files).

I am a bloody beginner when it comes to 3D modelling. Therefore my progress is very slow, and I can only make simple stuff for now.

On the Deformation with larger sliders.

It can be fixed but is tricky.

It calls for doing things slightly different when building the Outfit Studio project.

You'll want to go thru the normal sets of load the reference, load the outfit, conform to all.

But when you check the different sliders if you see one that has deformed the piercing... you need to go to the top (with the piercings mesh and the slider in question highlighted). Under "sliders" at the top choose "clear slider data" (this will zero the data for the piercing mesh adjustment, but should leave the reference in the correct shape). Now right click on the mesh and choose "Move Shape" and adjust the X,Y,and Z axis in Bodyslide until the piercing lines up (Move shape with the slider in edit move will become the new slider data once the slider is taken out of edit move).

With that done set the slider back to zero, the piercing should go back to the default location, and slowly move the slider from 0 to 100 and make sure the peircing stays with the reference shape.

If you do that with each of the breast sliders then the piercing will retain the original shape no matter how many sliders are combined (as the sliders just combine the moves to match the nipple location instead of deforming the shape while moving)....

Once you've check each slider out and make sure everything works you can save the project (with the ref unchecked) and it will create a package that shouldn't deform even with crazy breast sizes).

As for the issue IggyPop1 is running into. Its the material needed at the workbench. I think pic 3 in his above post shows the material listed for making something on the piercing is darkened and not available (pic 3 of 4).

Looks like he was trying to make a gold something or other for the left piercing and when that section was highlighted it has "none" in darkened letters for the material requirement and probably wouldn't allow him to make it.

I am not seeing this at the crafting station I have the newest version of armorsmith ex. and craftable workbenches installed any idea what im missing, what do I need to do? I can see the items in the batch build in body slide aswell and built it  but nothing in game

I didn't read through the entire 3 pages of comments so I may ask something already covered. 

But, it's Fallout, not Skyrim, so I find even less reason to expose some breast running around.  Do you plan to do more piercing for naval, and perhaps nose, those areas get more exposures (can be seen almost all the time) without a reason to justify it. 

While at it, ankle bracelet and belly chain may be suitable.  I know they are not piercing, but I see these go along with piercings so well. 

I am not seeing this at the crafting station I have the newest version of armorsmith ex. and craftable workbenches installed any idea what im missing, what do I need to do? I can see the items in the batch build in body slide aswell and built it  but nothing in game

Maybe you hit the building/crafting menu limit?

Shot in the dark, but the mod Crafting Workbenches got updated to 2.0 and the mod author Drdanzel changed most of the workbenches, he even removed some of them. I would try to use the old version 1.2.1 and see if fix your issue.

I had this as well. I had to revert to the previous version of armorsmith to get the Clothing bench, than I  was able to build that and the ring. 

Edit: Was a moron and asked an already answered question.