5 hours ago, Gaspachu said:

Yeah what happens is that my player character retains the visual changes when I restart the game.  but the NPCs reset which is a little annoying. 

So there is nothing I can do about this except weather it?

I don't think it's something on your part, it seems something about the script. We'd need the opinion of @asdasfa on this. But yesterday the message didn't quote him... let's see if now it worked.

If you load a previous save where the NPC has different or without morph data, then it would be reset.

Are you somehow losing their scale data in the same save or something? If it's just the scaling animations, then that's just how it works, because those animations don't persist once you shut the game down so they have to be played again during gameplay.

4 hours ago, asdasfa said:

If you load a previous save where the NPC has different or without morph data, then it would be reset.

Are you somehow losing their scale data in the same save or something? If it's just the scaling animations, then that's just how it works, because those animations don't persist once you shut the game down so they have to be played again during gameplay.

Yeah, I lose the scale data on the same save when I exit the game.

Oh well, I guess I have to reapply the changes everytime then.

Mmmh, I probably am not understanding entirely.

A npc skeleton is resetted everytime its skeleton is loaded, but then the script should reapply the right scales, it does it both on load and on cell change and it queues if an animation is played in the meantime. AFAIK that's the "normal behaviour" of the script. So if it resets and doesn't reapply the right scales, it means that the game was not saved again after that.

Or am I missing something? ...

7 hours ago, Gaspachu said:

Yeah, I lose the scale data on the same save when I exit the game.

Oh well, I guess I have to reapply the changes everytime then.

That can't be right. Check the nvse co-save file after morphing an NPC and saving the game to see if it's really saving the scale data.

I didn't have this kind of problem last time I played the game, and I used it extensively on NPCs.

17 hours ago, A.J. said:

Mmmh, I probably am not understanding entirely.

A npc skeleton is resetted everytime its skeleton is loaded, but then the script should reapply the right scales, it does it both on load and on cell change and it queues if an animation is played in the meantime. AFAIK that's the "normal behaviour" of the script. So if it resets and doesn't reapply the right scales, it means that the game was not saved again after that.

Or am I missing something? ...

I... save after I applied the body changes? And if I restart the game (hell, even reload the save file where I just recently applied the changes without exiting FNV), it resets. I take it that that was what you were saying?

16 hours ago, asdasfa said:

That can't be right. Check the nvse co-save file after morphing an NPC and saving the game to see if it's really saving the scale data.

I didn't have this kind of problem last time I played the game, and I used it extensively on NPCs.

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot, but where can I find the "nvse co-save" file? And how do I open it? I'm sure it is not just a simple .ini file.

4 hours ago, Gaspachu said:

I... save after I applied the body changes? And if I restart the game (hell, even reload the save file where I just recently applied the changes without exiting FNV), it resets. I take it that that was what you were saying?

Yes. Morph, save game then exit.

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot, but where can I find the "nvse co-save" file? And how do I open it? I'm sure it is not just a simple .ini file.

Sorry, I meant nx co-save(.csv) file. It's located in "Data\NVSE\Plugins\Extender\Saves".

You can open it with a text editor. There should be an entry that looks something like "FL, XXXXXXXXX, "bodymorph::scales:spine", XX".

Yeah the engine can reset if the reference's reloaded, but then Bodymorph's script will restore it to the previously saved values - the ones that asdasfa is asking you to check.

Be aware that when morphs happen it can take some seconds before seeing the changes, even because if the npc will start an animation then the changes are queued to when it'll stop to animate.

14 hours ago, asdasfa said:

Yes. Morph, save game then exit.

Sorry, I meant nx co-save(.csv) file. It's located in "Data\NVSE\Plugins\Extender\Saves".

You can open it with a text editor. There should be an entry that looks something like "FL, XXXXXXXXX, "bodymorph::scales:spine", XX".

Found the files, though they opened in Excel. Yup, it does show that there were both changes to my player character and to the NPC. But when I load the save in-game, only my character 'morphs' into the changed values but the NPC resets to zero.

I'm not sure what's going on there.

You really sure it's not loading the morphs?

Say, try morphing an NPC's head and set it to 20. Don't morph any more parts, just the head.

Save game.

Exit.

Launch FNV again.

Then load that save. That NPC's head should still have a morph scale of 20, provided you wait for like, a second for the morphs to reapply.

@A.J., is it possible for you to test this to see if it's not just on his end?

I haven't run FNV in a while and my installation broke for some reason, won't launch anymore, so I'm unable to test it myself.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 4:14 PM, asdasfa said:

I'm not sure what's going on there.

You really sure it's not loading the morphs?

Say, try morphing an NPC's head and set it to 20. Don't morph any more parts, just the head.

Save game.

Exit.

Launch FNV again.

Then load that save. That NPC's head should still have a morph scale of 20, provided you wait for like, a second for the morphs to reapply.

@A.J., is it possible for you to test this to see if it's not just on his end?

I haven't run FNV in a while and my installation broke for some reason, won't launch anymore, so I'm unable to test it myself.

Um excuse me guys...?

I'm sorry I'm currently unable test it myself. Anyway, I really have no idea what's going on there since it worked for me the last time and there were no reports of your

same issue from other users.

Have you tried a reinstall? Preferably outside of Program Files (if it isn't already), it could be a Windows permissions issue by a long shot.

Also, are you on TTW or just regular FNV? I heard the latest TTW update required some NVSE plugins to be updated as well, including NX. NX seems to have been updated already but I can't be sure if the problem lies there.

• 2 years later...

So... tonight I decided to make a patch for this, to be compatible with NVCS and the rest of newer mods. It ends up that the patch works very well, but the mod doesn't work for me. Or better: not the mod itself, but more on a deeper level. It's the animations that don't do what they are supposed to do. I have a big load order and I'm not going to narrow down, but if someone will have an experience to share, if someone tried recently and it works for them, please let me know.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I tried to make BodyMorph work in newer installation of game (with latest versions of pretty much everything), but I couldn't do it. A.J., you said you tried to patch the mod relatevely recently, maybe there's something you can provide for test? I just wanted you to know that this mod has it's users, and for me it's a must have. I finished game once with it installed, and it was awesome. Real immersion boost it is.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:05 PM, bkobri said:

For all who loves BoMo like me and wants to play with it, there is a detail of my setup that is crucial for everything to work: I use Apple Jam skeleton, not NVCS. The mod seems to fail working with NVCS so I dropped it and installed AJ's skeleton. 

Hello pal how are you, nice to hear you again. Yes NVCS doesn't work and it's intended... I'm sorry but it already has so many bones and I wouldn't like to patch it for BoMo too. If there wasn't that damn problem on the legs which can't be morphed without breaking the foot inverse kinematic, I would have patched for sure (no comments about the fact it does work on cbbe, this is another story).

So well I tried instead the path of a scripted patch, either because I was curious to test these functions and to make a workaround. But... it ended up with BoMo not working at all for me, no matter what skeleton I was using, so I couldn't test the patch! and I gave up.

Edited by A.J.

It's nice to see you still return to our beloved FNV from time to time :) I returned once again, too, for another playthrough, and Bodymorph was one of the first things I installed this time. It amazes me to see how seamlessly it works with CBBE port! Well, I believe that's okay for BoMo not to work with NVCS, as BoMo is something that would either way conflict with a majority of NVCS based mods. So, considering new possibilities I found myself a new hobby, which is an attempt of porting all outfits from vanilla I acquire in-game to CBBE. Probably will be a waste of time and will result with a shitty outcome, but I always liked modelling, and who knows maybe if I'll post it here someone would like it, as alternative to what we already have accessible on Nexus.

• 10 months later...

Today I found out this mod can break certain scripted conversations somehow, a reproduceable one is restored conversation in YUP with Moore and the Brotherhood where they demand their armor back, the paladin wont even finish his line before Cassandra Moore starts having spasms morphing around and the conversation just gets cut off, softlocking me in the process since I can't move in that scene. I've seen other odd behaviour like NPCs not triggering other conversations or getting interrupted mid-conversation on other instances as well. I narrowed down the culprit to this mod's plugin by process of elimination, when disabling both BodyMorph,esp and BodyMorphSelector.esp the conversation proceeds accordingly, which sucks because this mod is kind of a must have for me rn :/ I don't like the vanilla bulky male skeleton so I use it to slim my char down a bit. hopefully you can fix this because its certainly game breaking

Edited by ZaneKaiser