• 1 month later...

it says here that there's a high heels option in MCM or something

Hello! The skeleton has the ability to handle high heels, right, but AFAIK noone has ever did a script or heels meshes to handle that. Where did you read about that? could you please point me where that sentence is, so I can correct it if it's a mistake?

(PS with the right body, you wouldn't have the scaling problem along the z axys, however that body was never made public due to small issues on the mesh)

it says here that there's a high heels option in MCM or something

Hello! The skeleton has the ability to handle high heels, right, but AFAIK noone has ever did a script or heels meshes to handle that. Where did you read about that? could you please point me where that sentence is, so I can correct it if it's a mistake?

(PS with the right body, you wouldn't have the scaling problem along the z axys, however that body was never made public due to small issues on the mesh)

Damn man.. i can't remember but i saw it either in the first release of the mod or somewhere in the comments of that. To clarify tough, i saw here first that the skeleton had the system and i knew that there was no scripting, that's how i looked into it somehwere and i saw it somewhere, but i somehow thought that this version had it scripted, my bad. Either way, thanks for the clarification and too bad there's no system arround to fix this..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i downloaded all the files onto a plain NV game, but the bodymorph hud is not showing up when i press the hotkey. The character still turns green tho. and the sound effects stil play tho. How do i fix that from a plain install of NV? Thank you for your time.

"Bodymorph" has no hud, it's a framework and it doesn't do anything on its own.

"Bodymorph selector" (which is a plugin for bodymorph) uses a hud. Since it's a different mod, it has different requisites. So, first of all, you should double check if you installed all the requisites of Bodymorph Selector, maybe you didn't install UIO.

how do i select npcs, by the way?

You point the crosshair to a npc, and then TAP the hotkey. The npc should flash red. If you are not pointing to anyone, your character will flash green instead. If something is changing the vanilla way to point a npc (i.e. aim mods), then the npc won't be selected.

just no green man hud.

I think you mean the person drawing on the screen, where you can select a body part and it highlights. I remember someone telling me there was a wrong texture folder name, but I remember to have corrected it. Tonight when I come back I'll check again the archive, thank you.

And thank you man, you are very helpful.

Hello, hopefully I found the problem.

The "Data" folder inside BodyMorph Selector was named "Data 22 feb 2016" or something like that.

You could do a manual installation, or download the version I just uploaded where I repackaged it with the right name.

If you still have issues, let me know, I'll check soon

Curious, is it not possible to make BodyMorph work with Ragdolls mod? http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59147/

I love both but seems I have to pick between them and I don't know how skeletons work or if both could be merged to work etc.

Edit: Just discovered facial animations barely work (some don't) on the Ragdoll skeleton so I'm sticking with BodyMorph.

Edited by 7KeysCurtain

Curious, is it not possible to make BodyMorph work with Ragdolls mod? http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59147/

I love both but seems I have to pick between them and I don't know how skeletons work or if both could be merged to work etc.

Edit: Just discovered facial animations barely work (some don't) on the Ragdoll skeleton so I'm sticking with BodyMorph.

You can make a manual merge of these, not super easy and a bit tedious but it's possible. I'm not going to do that, I'm not fond in changing these kinds of things on skeletons (quoting myself from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64485-apple-jam-skeleton-fonv/ "NO CHANGES IN RAGDOLLS, PLEASE :) )

• 5 months later...

Hi A.J. Finally got around to trying out BodyMorph. I must say I'm impressed. This basically makes redundant that huge maternity clothing pack, many body types, body-by-race, and many many more.

I tried copying the CBBE you sent me ages ago with my new body type. Has the butt bone names been changed? I get butts-to-infinity because there's no Butt.L Butt.R.

Anyway, my new body and bodymorph picture of pregnancy... pretty cool

post-23292-0-20483500-1494125650_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-20563000-1494125656_thumb.jpg

Butt bones missing.......

I've also noticed, the weighing has to be super smooth or I end up with jagged vertices. Also noticed some input lag during animations like bringing up the gun to fire etc... But otherwise, this has heaps of potential!

Oh, and the most important question I have is, I read that the reason FNV doesn't support diagonal run is the engine doesn't support animation blending. But bodymorph seems to say otherwise. Are diagonal running, walking animations possible?

Hi A.J. Finally got around to trying out BodyMorph. I must say I'm impressed. This basically makes redundant that huge maternity clothing pack, many body types, body-by-race, and many many more.

I tried copying the CBBE you sent me ages ago with my new body type. Has the butt bone names been changed? I get butts-to-infinity because there's no Butt.L Butt.R.

Anyway, my new body and bodymorph picture of pregnancy... pretty cool

attachicon.gifScreenShot2_proc.jpgattachicon.gifScreenShot8_proc.jpg

Butt bones missing.......

I've also noticed, the weighing has to be super smooth or I end up with jagged vertices. Also noticed some input lag during animations like bringing up the gun to fire etc... But otherwise, this has heaps of potential!

Oh, and the most important question I have is, I read that the reason FNV doesn't support diagonal run is the engine doesn't support animation blending. But bodymorph seems to say otherwise. Are diagonal running, walking animations possible?

Hello junkacc, nice to see you're still ruling the modding scene from time to time.

Sincerely, I don't remember if in the CBBE I gave you there was also a specific skeleton to handle Butt.L and Butt.R, but I think so. For now you could simply manually remove that weight via Blender, you'll see that nothing will get messed in terms of animations. That body prototype was not a simple body, it was a mixture of many new features all together, that's why I wanted so much to work and publish that, it would have opened a good number of new modding possibilities for everyone.

Jagged vertices are a consequence probably of the very-low-weight / high-scale-ratio I used... a small mistake becomes a huge mistake on the mesh, but on the other hand it should give a better result on animations, it will not mess the vanilla animations too much (if you check the weights I added, you can understand what I mean, expecially on legs). But still, imho the weighting is a crucial part of the rigging anyway, it really would deserve that the modder spends some time to tweak here and there to make it better.

FNV doesn't support diagonal run because the engine is done in that way, it's some sort of hardcoded limitation but I doubt it's about animation blending. You actually can blend animations together, it only needs that they are different animgroups. While this wasn't much useful till now, it could be useful to some people in the next future when the new NVSE 5.1 will be released.

Give me a holler if you want to work with bodies / meshes, I'm glad to help and share works with you.

Whoa, cool to see this mod still being updated, Really is a shame the leg bones don't work. Could you explain why they don't there must be something special for them?

It would be really cool to see this completed and be able to make and character or body type you want

Leg scale bones need to be rigged to the model, along with the belly and butt. If all that is done to the naked body + armors, this mod could even replace children of the wasteland, not to mention all the possibility it opens up for the sex mods.

Whoa, cool to see this mod still being updated, Really is a shame the leg bones don't work. Could you explain why they don't there must be something special for them?

It would be really cool to see this completed and be able to make and character or body type you want

Yes, as he said. The fact is, lower body could already work, I "unactivated" it as choice. It breaks a certain vanilla feature. Some people in the past did it, but I'd prefer not, if I can choose I'd prefer to not break vanilla.

Wait it is a rigging issue? that's it? my specialty is rigging and animation. if you can show me the file that needs the bones and weight paint i could even add it. or if it's possible could you send me a version with this option turned on so I can see what is breaks?

Wait it is a rigging issue? that's it? my specialty is rigging and animation. if you can show me the file that needs the bones and weight paint i could even add it. or if it's possible could you send me a version with this option turned on so I can see what is breaks?

Yes and no, he made the story shorter.

If you use a "normal" rigging, you will break vanilla foot IK. So I found an alternative way to workaround the problem with a bunch of extra bones, but this means that I must provide 1) A new body rigged on em new bones 2) a full set of armors rigged on it 3) obvious permissions for everything, since I'd have to "modify" someone else's assets. If everything goes as the plans, you shouldn't need a new set of animations.

While evaluating this solution, I converted Bodyslide for FO4 to work with New Vegas. This was somewhat a jackpot, the best compromise ever, due to the high customization of it mixed with the features of Bodymorph (and a bunch of new features I never released). But I'm not a mesh person, so the result needed to be tweaked by some mesh artist. There were 2-3 issues to see, one of these was an error on the knee when crouching (obviously a weight issue), and I never managed to solve these.

If you think you could be interested in some works like these... you're hired :P :P :P

• 2 weeks later...

BodyMorph doesnt seem to be working for me. When I use the Selector it wont let me change the value for a bones size, even though I can change which bone is selected. In fact it recognizes my button presses but for some reason it doesnt do anything. The only mods I have installed are MCM, UIO, BNB, and BodyMorph and Selector.

Ive also included screen caps of the debug log while using it incase that helps. FWIW when I load the save the following is already in the log:
Updating BOMO from 0 to 9
aeBoMoRescale  is 07000AED

post-1271749-0-26485800-1495071925_thumb.png

post-1271749-0-13884500-1495071950_thumb.png

BodyMorph doesnt seem to be working for me. When I use the Selector it wont let me change the value for a bones size, even though I can change which bone is selected. In fact it recognizes my button presses but for some reason it doesnt do anything. The only mods I have installed are MCM, UIO, BNB, and BodyMorph and Selector.

Ive also included screen caps of the debug log while using it incase that helps. FWIW when I load the save the following is already in the log:

Updating BOMO from 0 to 9

aeBoMoRescale  is 07000AED

attachicon.gifbm1.png

attachicon.gifbm2.png

Do you have a proper skeleton? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64485-apple-jam-skeleton-fonv/

Did you install JIP instead of Lutana, and removed the old Lutana.dll?

Do you have the last NVSE and the last NX installed?