[WIP] LooksMenu

Expired6978

It's BACK

It was a lot of work getting the UI to stop tinting stuff, the game applies a global tint to the entire menu, I've now allowed disabling of that through F4SE and pass in the intended colors to selectively tint things manually. The text at the bottom looks kinda bad right now, I can't tint the whole clip in this case it seems as it will affect the anti-aliasing of the text, I'll have to set the text color directly.

The first features of the LooksMenu will be similar to the first version of RaceMenu, RGB tinting (hair/skin/makeup); what that control at the top is for. I have to get used to using AS3 now, lots of code I had from RaceMenu doesn't port too well.

I won't be going crazy with engine mods until scripting is available, and if nobody gets around to making a MCM I'll own up to it.

If theres anything UI related that you would like to see feel free to state your request and I'll add it to the list, currently there is:

-Scrolling list of selection areas (Hair, Eyes, Cheek, etc) instead of relying on actually selecting parts on the face

-RGB hair/skin/makeup

-Larger lists (possibly smaller font)

-Export head

-Save preset

-Load preset

-Import Head (VERY MAYBE, this depends if I get around to fully decoding the morph system)

After scripting:

-Individual body part slider mods (node scaling first, I will be adding the NiTransform system again)

-Scriptable makeup additions

-Scriptable overlays (MAYBE, this might need an overlay system again, and with the change to meshes internally this isn't looking too good)

post-35804-0-74186800-1459408768.pngpost-35804-0-90806300-1459408798.png

GREAT! Only request i can think of, is anyway you can make numbers show for the part you are scaling? Like i move the eyebrow forward, i can see how far it is, from like 0-100 or what ever number range is use? 

if the numbers make any sense at all I suppose. That information probably isn't available to the menu to begin with so it's going to need a plugin.

Nice, so this mean racemenu is coming? I miss the tattoo and better color choices for stuff that RM allowed for.

Also great to hear you will do a MCM if no one else does. I was worried about that since according to Gopher the guy that did it before wasn't going to do it for FO4.

Guest endgameaddiction

This is why I try to stay away from Fallout 4 threads as much as I can. The more I see talented modders from Skyrim migrate to Fallout 4 to bring their wisdom and creations to this game makes me want to set aside my grudge on Bethesda and cave in for this game. For the sole purpose of mods as its always come down to this. Let it be known that if money is invested it's because of the mods not Bethesda broken games.

Still need a UI replacer. Wonder if DarN is going to be doing one for Fallout 4 or the SkyUI team. MCM is a given fact to make it's way to Fallout 4. It was essential for New Vegas and Skyrim.

I was already wondering when we will see something similar to RaceMenu. Good work! I can't wait to apply custom tats.

I won't be going crazy with engine mods until scripting is available, and if nobody gets around to making a MCM I'll own up to it.

MCM is a given fact to make it's way to Fallout 4. It was essential for New Vegas and Skyrim.

While I was thinking about MCM it came to me that this time we might not need MCM. I have the impression that holotapes can be easily used to make a mod menu. E.g. look at the hacking holotapes. You pop them in and a menu appears (it's not made with flash and it has scripts attached). The question is how flexible such a menu can be, we probably need to wait for the CK to answer that question. The plus side would be that it's compatible with consoles.

I was already wondering when we will see something similar to RaceMenu. Good work! I can't wait to apply custom tats.

MCM is a given fact to make it's way to Fallout 4. It was essential for New Vegas and Skyrim.

While I was thinking about MCM it came to me that this time we might not need MCM. I have the impression that holotapes can be easily used to make a mod menu. E.g. look at the hacking holotapes. You pop them in and a menu appears (it's not made with flash and it has scripts attached). The question is how flexible such a menu can be, we probably need to wait for the CK to answer that question. The plus side would be that it's compatible with consoles.

um... NO! - putting more on the scripting engine is BAD that's B A D!!!

the skyrim MCM uses a script to create the menus and it is plagued with the problem of random scripts blocking the way while having an orgy in the middle of the street (the biggest reason an MCM for a popular mod does not show up)

the less the MCM system has to do with papyrus, the better

• 1 month later...

Wow!

I was really afraid that nobody will do it but now when author of RaceMenu began to work on such mod, I can relax (managed to make my char quite attractive but still have few things that I don't really like in his appearance and also "port" of my Vegas boys is totally impossible without advanced sliders). :D

If I had to voice sugestions:

It would be to add size slider

And Maybe an enable/disable physics button

When scripting is possible

Add the possibility to use faceparts that does not belong to the player race (synths - valentine - supermutant face parts, gouls etc...) who need a race selector when you can mix them. Well with all the seams that implies I guess. But the manual editing can come later

Oh shit. Now I'll be able to actually see my toons profile, because Bethesda thinks you can get the face shape just right by doing a partial profile.

Anyway, suggestions I guess. The tool is pretty solid this time, other than a shitty camera and inability to save your character. So with those two things added that would be fine. Maybe some facepart morphs later.

Awesomsauce Expired, and the MCM comment is huge! Like, you deserve something in return if you're tackling all of this stuff (maybe Patreon, hint hint ;D ) with how much you're pushing for modding.

Is there any chance of (once the scripting to comes out in force) to enable the tinting of items or at least expose part of the Materials function for the user?

My friend said that Bethesda this time around used something called Gradient Mapping, and way the Materials were setup, was baffled that Beth didn't expose (natively) part of the code in the game, so that people could tint items, or at the very least "roll a number over a preset 1D map that changed the hues of the tints".

You peeps know best about this kind of stuff, was just curious.

Good Luck mate with all your endevours!

Awesomsauce Expired, and the MCM comment is huge! Like, you deserve something in return if you're tackling all of this stuff (maybe Patreon, hint hint ;D ) with how much you're pushing for modding.

Is there any chance of (once the scripting to comes out in force) to enable the tinting of items or at least expose part of the Materials function for the user?

My friend said that Bethesda this time around used something called Gradient Mapping, and way the Materials were setup, was baffled that Beth didn't expose (natively) part of the code in the game, so that people could tint items, or at the very least "roll a number over a preset 1D map that changed the hues of the tints".

You peeps know best about this kind of stuff, was just curious.

Good Luck mate with all your endevours!

Haven't really seen anything regarding gradient mapping. They use palette mapping, maybe that's what he meant?

Palette mapping is when the diffuse gets a black and white texture and the values from 0-255 map to a coordinate on the palette, where the palette has a full RGB color. Explicit arbitrary tinting on items will be a little harder, in Skyrim they had a texture mapping to an internally rendered tint map, they've scrapped this system and now just generate the entire diffuse, normal, and specular by merging textures (This process looks complicated from the internal code I've seen).

I might eventually expose material modding to scripting, I've decoded most of the basics for this. However I don't think it'll allow for tinting things. I could probably material swap to get skin tinting, which tints the entire object, not selectively.

Guest Mogie56

The ability to have decent color options for hair, skin and makeup is a huge plus. not having to rely on selecting parts on the face when trying to get the mouse on a particular area and the character is constantly moving messing up your selection would be my personal favorite :) 

Other then what you've already stated the only thing I wish for is a decent walk animation and the ability to select which sit animation you use depending on the type of chair, couch, stool, ground, lap, face you intend to sit on LOL. but seriously what you have in mind is pretty awesome :)

Haven't really seen anything regarding gradient mapping. They use palette mapping, maybe that's what he meant?

Palette mapping is when the diffuse gets a black and white texture and the values from 0-255 map to a coordinate on the palette, where the palette has a full RGB color. Explicit arbitrary tinting on items will be a little harder, in Skyrim they had a texture mapping to an internally rendered tint map, they've scrapped this system and now just generate the entire diffuse, normal, and specular by merging textures (This process looks complicated from the internal code I've seen).

I might eventually expose material modding to scripting, I've decoded most of the basics for this. However I don't think it'll allow for tinting things. I could probably material swap to get skin tinting, which tints the entire object, not selectively.

Oops, yeah, thats what it's called in Fo4 (was referencing the general name that linked here: http://polycount.com/discussion/85807/tutorial-gradient-mapping-udk), my bad.

Also, I see about the techincal hurdle and how it might be annoying, also too bad about the non selective tinting, thats going to be missed.

Cheers for the reply!

EDIT: Not sure if this means anything, but my comrade told me that exposing the Palette's roll (the part of the code which tells it's Y-Coordinates for the UV) would bypass this issue if selective tinting isn't a thing.

Again, don't mind my silly musings and pushing things in a weird direction, you know best on how things work in Beth's silly engines :P

Not sure if this means anything, but my comrade told me that exposing the Palette's roll (the part of the code which tells it's Y-Coordinates for the UV) would bypass this issue if selective tinting isn't a thing.

Yes, you could modify the roll, then just have a very large palette. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much precision you'd get.

• 1 month later...

Archived