Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Vykroft

Some siege stuff...

You fucking cheater! :D

While disappointing that was it (but kind of expected from the devs as they like to wait forever and offer little in return) I am excited for siege battles. Question is, can we set rams/towers/ramps a blaze like in Total War to stop their advancement?

O gosh I almost had an erection.... I WANT IT!!!!!!!

Your almost arousal is getting me aroused! >.<

Question is, can we set rams/towers/ramps a blaze like in Total War to stop their advancement?

In the PC Gamer interview, which I almost missed yesterday, the ginger community manager proclaimed that they were all destructible.

But I chuckled when I noticed that they reused sound set from original ;)

Pretty sure those are just placeholders, I don't think they'll release the new game with the old sounds, that would be a major disappointment. Although, I kinda like the old sounds and I hope they'll somehow reuse them in the new game.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pepper the enemy with your elven archers until they've breached the walls and then "Forth Éorlingas!" with your cavalry. :D

Seriously though, I have feeling that the game will disappoint in certain areas which we previously enjoyed in WB, like archery for instance, which feels kinda nerfed. I hope the game won't be a case of two steps forward, one step back.

Archery being nerfed is good. High end archery was just so absurdly unrealistically overpowered. Even in mods that add firearms, effective firearms, it's often better to just give companions bows, because why bother with a 150p gun with fifteen bullets that takes ages to load when you can just give your companion 60 arrows and a khergit compound machine gun.

Pepper the enemy with your elven archers until they've breached the walls and then "Forth Éorlingas!" with your cavalry. :D

Seriously though, I have feeling that the game will disappoint in certain areas which we previously enjoyed in WB, like archery for instance, which feels kinda nerfed. I hope the game won't be a case of two steps forward, one step back.

What exactly was nerfed? I have seen some of that siege video and light infantry was dying from on arrow. Do you mean handling/gameplay?

I just hope they get rid of or redo that spaghetti hair on the player. XD

That's the biggest stand out compared to the other NPCs who have 'natural' looking hair.

I also hope the AI will be less stupid and try to take the walls and not just go for the gate once the gate is breached. Honestly they could've done more damage by attacking the barely defended walls and surrounding the enemy from all sides.

I also hope we can still push down the ladders or destroy them. I couldn't tell if they did have the option or not but in Warband as long as someone was on the ladder no one could push it down, get someone in heavy armor and a good shield they could keep everyone busy while his fellow soldiers come running up to take the walls. Multiplayer was a pain in Warband. Making it impossible to fend off enemies who come up. They better make sure we can finally push down the ladder with enemies on it.

Personally from the look of the game and what they have shown it looks like it got alot more complicated I am curious as to what formations will be made once modding starts. I dont think bows are over powered I honestly felt that horse archers where a bit over powered from WB almost every single encounter with any lord had a billion horse archers which was a royal pain in the ass. I am hoping they fix regular archers and allow better formations to counter it as it took ages to kill over a hundred horse archers in WB. but thats my thoughts I always had to depend on heavy spear infantry and foot archers in a square formation with archer in the center. in order to get anywhere.

Personally from the look of the game and what they have shown it looks like it got alot more complicated I am curious as to what formations will be made once modding starts. I dont think bows are over powered I honestly felt that horse archers where a bit over powered from WB almost every single encounter with any lord had a billion horse archers which was a royal pain in the ass. I am hoping they fix regular archers and allow better formations to counter it as it took ages to kill over a hundred horse archers in WB. but thats my thoughts I always had to depend on heavy spear infantry and foot archers in a square formation with archer in the center. in order to get anywhere.

Coz they were pain in ass. Only European nations that could handle them were Poles and Hungarians with their light cavalry, later called hussars (not winged hussars - they originate from it but it is different and later unit).

true true still (cough needs to happen) though would be nice lol :D

Pretty much turtle formation was obsolete against non barbarians because of greek fire or similar.

Adding to that medieval soldiers lacked discipline that roman army had. Which was professional standing army.

Eh I doubt all factions are like ancient civilizations who have their soldiers mindlessly charge at the enemy screaming like banshees while swinging their weapons around like mad men with no strategy other than 'kill kill kill'. Someone must be 'formal' that will have an advantage in the field like the....aw crap so much for history class! Who was it that changed warfare with formations again while others did like i said above?

Eh I doubt all factions are like ancient civilizations who have their soldiers mindlessly charge at the enemy screaming like banshees while swinging their weapons around like mad men with no strategy other than 'kill kill kill'. Someone must be 'formal' that will have an advantage in the field like the....aw crap so much for history class! Who was it that changed warfare with formations again while others did like i said above?

To be exact, most of ancient civilisations had developed warfare. Strategy of Alexander the great like hammer&anvil was not changed and reused over thousand years. By ones that know it, medieval times wasn't called a dark times by mistake.

Anyway looks like M&BBL have a notable competitor.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/430440/

To be exact, most of ancient civilisations had developed warfare. Strategy of Alexander the great like hammer&anvil was not changed and reused over thousand years. By ones that know it, medieval times wasn't called a dark times by mistake.

Bahahahhahahahahahahaha

Bahahahhahahahahahahaha

What?

Archived