Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Vykroft

Yup, I hope the new modding tool would allow us to change those thing easily or at least in a more intuitive way. I love python but modding without a UI or a graphic tool (only the crudeness of a command line) is not how I would define "happy modding"

Playing Warband again after 4 years. Combat is still fun, but I just remembered how annoying the SP campaign was, despite the fact that I'm using my own mod which irons out a lot of annoyances in the game...

One thing I'd definitely change in Warband is the skill system. I'd like those combat and management related skills separated to be more specific. Or at least I'd turn them into a "proficiency" (i.e. improve as you do type of thing). Me and my companions fight the same battles and gain a level, but some of us have to waste that valuable skill point on something like "Trade", which doesn't make any sense as we don't gain that skill point by "trading"... It's a problem in almost every RPG though, but still... wrong...

Agreed.  I modded skills pretty much 5 minutes into my first game and have done it ever since.  The nice thing about Warband was the ease of modding things like this, and the fact that the game didn't have any anti-cheat, you can't have a 5 skill level in 6 areas on level one.......game breaks and saves stop working.  Like you find on may of the games released today.  Seriously, what is the logic behind that?  I get preventing cheating in MP, but single player should always be separate from MP in my book.

Also, playing as a female character is pretty boring and kind of unrealistic, if not weird, in terms of marriage and stuff. They should fix that as well. "How about you and I marry?"... "I want a feminine, delicate, pure..." "You know what... FUCK YOU!" :D

Get married to a Swadian lord... Join Swadia... Get tired of Harlaus and his feasts... Renounce your allegiance and start your own kingdom... Husband raids your village... You kick husband's ass... Make him your bitch...  "Yes, my wife?"... "Shut up and prepare a feast!"... Things are really weird in Calradia for female adventurers...   :D

Warbanda had some weird stuff, once I made a merchant  wielding the mighty power of money! Somehow the sarranids lost the desert and theyr last stand was a city they somehow took from swadia on the middle of the map. I took the city and turned it into my independent city state using a shitload of mercs and siege weapons. later I fucked the game economyand started to buy the nobles and fuck whoever messed with me without using my troops... the nords atacked me, but i dont kbow if it was a bug or because they were breaking, but thery army was naked with wooden weapons...

A new interview, and a new blog which doesn't really say anything new... the RPS interview is kinda interesting though.

At the heart of that, there’s a new scripting system, which is C#-based. It allows for many more sophisticated mechanics, from the way seasons work in the game to the functions of the AI. In Bannerlord, the AI can use any gameplay mechanic in the same way that the player can, whereas in Warband there were things that worked differently for the AI and the player. We’re getting rid of almost all of that, so that the player and the AI are working on an equal footing.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15

We are all in the same boat, I got tired of waiting the new modding tool, and the game of course, and in more than 6 month we never got even a simple video...

If the continue like this probably we will see Elder Scroll VI, VIII or IX before Bannerlord....

Well, at least they have a playable game, which means that we'll get it eventually... hopefully before I die. GOTY 2017... *crosses fingers* :D

I'll be really disappointed with Bannerlord, if they don't include the functionality to join different parties and be lead by them, instead of leading your own party, which is pretty much like the Warband mod "Freelancer" does. I really want to be a bandit this time, and slowly rise in ranks to become a bandit boss! I also want the ability to kill enemy lords! :D

I have something like this in mind basically...

----------------------------------------------

<Player approaches the bandit party>

Bandit Boss: Hmm... what do we have here?

Player Char: Greetings! I've always dreamt about becoming a bandit like you.

Bandit Boss: Hahaha! Boys, did you hear that? She wants to be a bandit!

Player Char: I want to join you and kick ass!

<Game checks for player skill (Persuasion)>

If (Persuasion * 10) > RandomPercentage

success = true

else

success = false

If (Success)...

Bandit Boss: Alright, gal, I'm giving you a chance to prove you'll be useful to us...

Player Char: Great! You won't regret this. 

Bandit Boss: What can you do?

<Game checks for various player skills and proficiencies>

Player Char: I'm a fairly good medic/surgeon/tracker/engineer/trader etc. OR I know these lands fairly well (path finding)... OR I'm good with swords/bows etc.

<Player gets basic bandit equipment depending on the result of skill/proficiency check>

else 

<Bandits attack!>  :D 

-------------------------------------------

After months of adventuring as an outlaw, you'll be able to level up and rise in ranks and gain a larger share from loot. If the current boss dies, it'll be replaced by the party member with the second highest rank... which may be you! :D

As a LL member, I also want to spice it up with some kinky stuff as you can imagine... :D

For the time being we have seen a cutscene and a terrain editor, pretty cool both of them, but not a single word about scripting capacities yet.
I would love to see some kind of Flowgraph tool like the one others engine actually have (like Unity or Cryengine), is more intuitive and fast to learn when you are starting with the new syntax.

I haven't seen any cutscene editor. Did you mean the ingame scene editor?

Funny thing is, when I first heard about C# being the new scripting language way back when, I thought "Uh oh, they are switching to Unity!". Apparently that wasn't the case.

You don't want to, but maybe a modder (like me who love storytelling) could want that feature in his/her mod... the game does have a face to face conversation, but no cinematic for the time being if that is what you are worry about.

At least we know we're probably getting an Early Access version of the game this year, that was announced at the PC Gamer weekend thing.

True, lets just hope they don't stay in it for years *cough* DayZ *cough*. >.>

But seeing how slow the development seems to be after 4 years after the announcement (which was kind of pointless just text), we may have a new record holder here. :P

Do they to show off any more at any events? I'm seriously craving some siege footage.

Do they to show off any more at any events? I'm seriously craving some siege footage.

Patience, grasshopper... :D

They'll be at E3 & Gamescom this summer.

BTW, Bannerlord for consoles confirmed.

At least we know we're probably getting an Early Access version of the game this year, that was announced at the PC Gamer weekend thing.

But seeing how slow the development seems to be after 4 years after the announcement (which was kind of pointless just text), we may have a new record holder here. :P

To be completely fair, DayZ is being made by a very small team though, aren't they like 8 people? Plus a couple of them were in some foreign prison a while for taking pictures of some military base right? That and Bohemia is notorious for making buggy games, Arma 3 is still terrible optimized. I have faith in TaleWorlds =)

Patience, grasshopper... :D

attachicon.gife3tw.jpg

attachicon.gife3tw2.jpg

They'll be at E3 & Gamescom this summer.

BTW, Bannerlord for consoles confirmed.

I never knew they were a E3 type. Strange. But at least there's new footage no doubt coming. Siege is the best part for me. Large scale chaos as fire engulfs your castle as the walls are taken over by swarms of soldiers and a ram breaks through the gate forcing the defenders to retreat. Oh yes I can't wait for some good sieges finally instead of that lame ramp everyone over 200 soldiers lets try to walk onto it all at once, fall off and get hurt, then get shot by archers and die via Warband.

To be completely fair, DayZ is being made by a very small team though, aren't they like 8 people? Plus a couple of them were in some foreign prison a while for taking pictures of some military base right? That and Bohemia is notorious for making buggy games, Arma 3 is still terrible optimized. I have faith in TaleWorlds =)

The locked up devs were members of the ARMA 3 team. I have faith too, just cracking at the time length of development and how early access tends to be like for most. No kidding Bohemia is notorious for buggy, unoptimized games. But they finally delivered the 3D editor that was promised back during the game's announcement. Then they really dick around by charging a lot of money for a few sniper rifles, go karts, and helicopter use. :angel:

• 1 month later...

Archived