[Mod Requests] FO4 Non-Adult Mod Searches and Requests Thread

Please put your mod searches and requests here to avoid burying actual mods to the bottom of the pile or creating new posts for mods already requested.

Please bear in mind, a lot of mods can't be done yet till GECK is released, and a lot of modders are still learning how the changes in FO4 work and will be busy for at least 6-24 months doing the mods they want.

And unless you are too old to learn new tricks or physically incapable, there's no reason most people can't learn how to do the mods they want themselves as the person with the idea often has the highest motivation to get the result they want.

Post questions in the Tech support section, other modders will help if they see you are trying  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Please put your mod requests here to avoid burying actual mods to the bottom of the pile or creating new posts for mods already requested.

Please bear in mind, a lot of mods can't be done yet till GECK is released, and a lot of modders are still learning how the changes in FO4 work and will be busy for at least 6-24 months doing the mods they want.

And unless you are too old to learn new tricks or physically incapable, there's no reason most people can't learn how to do the mods they want themselves as the person with the idea often has the highest motivation to get the result they want.

Post questions in the Tech support section, other modders will help if they see you are trying :)

Mod idea: snyth EX-skeleton

It was a powered ex-skeleton made by gen1/2 snyth parts, is a little bit weaker than power amor but easier to made and do not overwrite the effect of amor pieces

I think it will not be very hard to made , just an outfit using a sub slot will be enough

It was a powered ex-skeleton made by gen1/2 snyth parts, is a little bit weaker than power amor but easier to made and do not overwrite the effect of amor pieces

I think it will not be very hard to made , just an outfit using a sub slot will be enough

Would it function like a... well, Power Armor without the tankiness? Increased sprint speed, jump height and reduced fall damage? But no damage reduction or anything else.

I wish there was a mod that zoom from third person to first person when using the aim button.

It doesn't have to be complex... I'll try with ahk when I'll have more time on my hand but i'd really like a mod...

I ported this one from fallout 3 to new vegas quite easily at the time, but for obvious reason, it will have to be rewritten from scratch in fallout 4

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/13933/

Here's my list of what I've encountered in the game so far that can be improved (sorry if already mentioned)

-SkyUi for FO

-More Hud for FO

-Fixing the teleport for rad scorpions and mole rats (you can snipe them a mile away, yet they appear immediately besides you)

-Fixing the ghoul and mongrel tracking (again, you can snipe them, still not being discovered [Danger] yet they both homing exactly to your location)

-Ability to use/equip items directly from containers/enemies like in Skyrim

-Take out the lockpicking mini game (not worthy if you can't even attempt higher difficulty with no perks, might as well take that out or made it like in Skyrim's Requiem,    you have the novice perk, you can open novice locks without having to look for the spot) Also funny how even the high tech doors use regular pre war locks.

-Being able to scrap things directly from the transfer menu on workshops

-Remove psychic powers of pc that allows it to address nps'c for the FIRST time by name.

-Better ai (a staple for bethesda games by now)

-Immersive first person

-ECE/Racemenu

-More face parts presets (mouths/eyes/noses, etc)

-Customizable camera

-More hotkeys (pad)

I'd like a mod that better manages settlers, like a 'mayor's desk' you can build where it then auto assigns available settlers to open jobs as soon as they are built/ or more settlers arrive, with food coming first - that way you don't have to spend time hunting down settlers.

The assets were allegedly stolen from other mod authors and it was a very incomplete alpha anyway. Might as well wait for at least a beta.

*EDIT* Upon further investigation, his/her banning seems more than suspect. Nexus does love that banhammer. I'm trying to get the most recent release (0.7) and if I do I'll upload a link to it.

More I just remembered.

-A mod to be able to list all your settlers in your current location and see what things are they assigned them to, or at least change their names from settler to what they do (farmer, scavenger, trader etc)

-Fix the weird animation when in conversation, the female char will turn her head as blind ppl do, very weird.

-Sometimes, in 3rd person, if you change you direction enough, your char will stop moving for a couple seconds, like saying "made up your mind yet?" which can be  VERY annoying, I hate when I'm taken control of my char against my will.

-Something noone ever addressed in Skyrim, is that in 3rd person, your char has to build momentum for a split second before moving, furthermore, when stopping, your pc will "slide" a bit, like IRL, but that doesn't happen in 1st person; my question is, if the game is intended to be played in 1st person (allegedly the more 'immersive' view) why is the 3rd person view the more "realistic"? So for FO4 either give the realism to 1st person or take it away from 3rd

-Another one for 3rd person. Sometimes is very difficult to aim to something (like trying to grab an item between a couple near by); so, a mod that will increase the cross hair "detection" could help, or making the prompts appear like in DaS, you get your pc close to the object and the prompt appears, and if it's multiple options, it gives you the chance to cycle through them by the press of a button.

-Something noone ever addressed in Skyrim, is that in 3rd person, your char has to build momentum for a split second before moving, furthermore, when stopping, your pc will "slide" a bit, like IRL, but that doesn't happen in 1st person; my question is, if the game is intended to be played in 1st person (allegedly the more 'immersive' view) why is the 3rd person view the more "realistic"? So for FO4 either give the realism to 1st person or take it away from 3rd

I think that's more a design choice. Such latency in first person would frowned upon, because people would say it's unresponsive and clunky, it has already been tried and shot down.

In third person though, it's "more realistic and add to the game". So in the end it's how player react more than anything...

The assets were allegedly stolen from other mod authors and it was a very incomplete alpha anyway. Might as well wait for at least a beta.

*EDIT* Upon further investigation, his/her banning seems more than suspect. Nexus does love that banhammer. I'm trying to get the most recent release (0.7) and if I do I'll upload a link to it.

ok Thank, plz do tell me if you do.

For now i am using seasons project and i think its the same type of mod

Would it function like a... well, Power Armor without the tankiness? Increased sprint speed, jump height and reduced fall damage? But no damage reduction or anything else.

acturally I just want to use creature sensor and rocket pack with out PA ;)

acturally I just want to use creature sensor and rocket pack with out PA ;)

Oooh. Craftable sci-fi helmet (or mod for the flight helmets?) and some sort of chestpiece rocket pack? No extra armor (so don't wear it in fights), and maybe it does slow damage to you when using it? 'Cause, you know, FLAMING JETPACK without power armor to protect you.

... Or, crazy jumping pogo legs. Double base jump height, jump even higher if you hold space to 'charge'. No fall damage?

Actually, I have a slightly odd request--  can any kind soul point me in the direction of the old Daughters of Ares textures from Fallout NV?  The files are now set to 'hidden' which makes reverse engineering potentially saucy sex bots a bit more difficult.  I'd like to create a CBBE texture similar to that product, but as my texturing skills are still middling at best, every little bit of help is.. er.. helpful.  ..Right.

I'm looking for shared resources for all settelments.

You realize that's already in the vanilla game, right?  You just need the Local Leader perk and then you need to assign a settler to form a trade route to another settlement.  Then move to the next settlement and have someone there move to the next.  Eventually you'll have a complete circuit of all your settlements and they'll all share resources, even making places like Boston Airport (which can't grow food) a viable option, as they'll receive food from other settlements.

#Triggered by this post.

DISCLAIMER

I cannot make this mod myself

I literally have no clue

No really

Not a clue

I KNOW GECK ISN'T A THING YET

But there's no harm in sorting voice files and working on ideas, right?

Maybe someone will like the idea and make it.

Pretty please with a nipple tassel on top?

SPOILER TYPE: Talking about the quest where you enter the main BoS base. Something that happens in pretty much every Fallout game. So, it's not plot spoilers, but if you haven't played anything yet them you might not want to read any further.

IDEA SUMMARY

You are required to do a combat test as well as the medical

exam before you are given the rights to your Power Armor.

You also gain a sweet new weapon according to the results

of your combat test and your weapon preferences.

BoS Welcome Summarised

We don't usually like outsiders, but here's a fresh suit of Power Armor. We're not going to check that you know how to use it. We're not going to even check what sort of weapons you favour, why would a military organisation want to know your strengths in the field? Now go and storm this super mutant base FULL OF NUCLEAR WARHEADS right under our base.

For anyone interested, a youtube video I found covering the vanilla questline of boarding the Prydwen and getting your first BoS mission. Because I couldn't remember half of the stuff that happened, just that it was over far too fast for such an important event in my character's life.

So, first person you talk to when you get onto the Prydwen is Lancer Captain Kells, and he makes it very clear he has doubts about you. Lines like, "You don't look much like a soldier to me" and I'm sure there were others, too. Because, let's face it. You're new. Sure, you have Danse to vouch for you, and apparently his word counts for a lot. But remember what Rhys was like? Sure, he was an arse. But a realistic amount of arse, given the state of the world. Given the way the Brotherhood works, I was hoping to have to earn the respect of the Brotherhood. After all, earning your rank makes it all the sweeter. You actually feel a little bit of pride when NPCs salute you as 'Knight'.

Unfortunately, things take a turn towards 'rushed story progression' once you talk to Maxson.

"[Danse] feels you've become quite an asset to us. Seeing as he's one of my most respected field officers, you couldn't get a better recommendation. Therefore, from this moment forward, I'm granting you the rank of Knight. And [...] a suit of Power Armor."

"Hi! Danse likes you! Here, have one of our most powerful and jealously protected resources and a promotion."

"In any event, once you've finished becoming familiar with the Prydwen and my staff, report to the Flight Deck for your new orders."

So you wander about, have the "Medical Examination Chinwag" and chat to some other people.

At no point does anyone make any attempt to discover more about your combat abilities.

You, the newest member of the most organised and advanced military Organisation in post-war America. You, the person given a suit of power armor. You, someone no-one apart from Danse and his Recon Team have ever met or talked to in more than passing. I imagine the lack of any actual checks is because some players would be frustrated by having to jump through hoops to get their Power Armor. However, for those of us that want to feel any actual weight to our actions and progress through the ranks, it's somewhat lacking.

Weapon Preference Tests

You are taken out to the BoS training area and told to perform various tasks with weapons they provide you. Because you're the new guy, various off-duty Brotherhood soldiers come to watch and comment on your abilities, based on certain trigger stats / perks / events. At last, people that actually acknowledge your skills! Because they're super generic NPCs, voice lines for these comments can be borrowed from all over the game (e.g Diamond City guards), or even voice-acted by random members of the community. You'll never meet these people again, so who cares if their voices match no other NPCs?

As for where this goes, I imagine it wouldn't disrupt the Boston Airport TOO much if you put some target dummies somewhere. Or, stick a door on a wall somewhere and make a new cell especially for it.

Physical Strength

You punch at a punchbag / dummy in thick padded leather armor.

Strength > 7: Your impressive strength is noted by the onlookers and commented on. Maybe a muttered, "Niiice..." from a chick in Power Armor.

Iron Fist: The punch bag / dummy is destroyed. Onlookers are very impressed. Stunned silence, followed by clapping?

Strength < 2: People notice you're not physically strong. "Don't worry, Power Armor covers that."

Melee Weapons

You are given a combat knife. Attack a dummy in heavy armor.

Strength > 7: Your impressive strength is noted by the onlookers and commented on. Again.

Big Leagues: Your remove all the limbs from the dummy.

Strength < 2: Your knife gets stuck in the dummy's armor?

Close Weapons: Pistol / Shotgun, take your pick

Shoot at a target (or cans on a wall).

Gunslinger: People are impressed at your skills.

Takes More than X Bullets to Succeed: Someone says "Small guns aren't my thing either."

Front Line Weapons: Rifles (Auto / Semi, your pick)

Shoot at cut-out targets?

Commando, Automatic Weapon: No idea.

Steady Aim: Your hipfire accuracy is complimented.

Rifleman: Your accuracy is complimented.

Sniper Weapons

Shoot a can / melon from a long way away. Maybe only allow one / two shots.

Sniper: *Impressed whistle*

Miss: No idea. I'm tempted with someone commenting on Danse's appalling lack of ranged accuracy.

Missile Launchers

Shoot... something? An old motorbike?

Demolition Expert / Heavy Gunner: Your character mutters the "Hell Yes" or similar line from lock picking / hacking when they pick up the weapon. After you hit the target, someone yells "Duck!" as the motorbike explodes.

Power Armor Training

PA training would basically be an assault course, and also aim to teach the player about Power Armor if there's anything they haven't already picked up. The course design would be intended to introduce players to the main advantages of Power Armor - its ability to survive falls of any height and to walk under water. Along with this, there would be metal planks and stuff to walk along, walls to jump over, doors to punch through. Oh, also there's walkways above and people watching.

Power Drop:  You climb up some stairs to a diving board. There's a bullseye on the ground under you, surrounded by mannequins. The aim is to hit the bullseye, allowing the damage from Power Armor landing to destroy them and make you feel badass.

Underwater Walking:  Later, you jump off a ledge into water to continue your course, learning (if you didn't know already) that Power Armor sinks like a stone and can't swim... but you can just walk along the bottom of the pool and out the other side.

Get a Weapon Mod Reward

After doing all of this, you have a conversation with... someone. Proctor Ingram? Captain Kells? They are impressed with your abilities, and comment that you seem to favour X type of weapon [determined by your perks], and navigate through a series of chat options to get a weapon mod. Mods are Rank 2 Science! perk upgrades, which may remain useful for you for along time (especially the barrels, which can be transferred to any new weapons). Maybe a Power-Fist (for Power Armor?) for Melee Characters?

ALTERNATIVE: The NPC that starts the whole Combat Test quest (and that you talk to for all of it) is a custom voice-acted NPC by a member of the modding community, allowing for more flexibility of lines and not having to mangle together lines from other characters.

Sniper Rifle:

Improved Sniper Barrel [sniper Perk]

Long Scope [sniper Perk]

Marksman's Stock [sniper Perk]

Rifle:

Improved Automatic Barrel [Commando Perk]

Boosted Photon Agitator [Rifleman Perk?]

Recoil Compensating Stock [Rifleman Perk]

Pistol:

Improved Short Barrel

Sharpshooter's Grip

Amplified Beam Splitter

And there you have it. My idea for having an actual immersive and involved quest for when you're joining the Brotherhood as a Knight. And a sweet weapon mod at the end.