Scarlet Blade Armor Mod

Sorry for the long radio silence, just had uni exams and mudbox has been an arse with constant crashes.

So that aside, I've got almost all detailing done, and have started on the new meshes that will be used for the game.

I'll add some screens in a later edit.

Edit: Low poly mesh on the left and lower detail sculpt on the right for reference.

Edit 2: Note that the low poly mesh is not final, I add detail as necessary.

b17b3f24b2461d2abeeafb83a1deac4d.png

Awesome! I figure the idea is to turn the high poly model into a materials overlay for the low poly sculpt or something? I'm not exactly a modelling wizard, still in the stage of "glad to be able to connect the dots and flip normals to face outwards" :D

Kind of, usually you use a program that can approximate the differences between a high poly version(usually in the millions of polygons) and a low poly(varies a lot from 10K - 100K polygons) and then create lots of different textures that can help make the low poly version look closer to what the high poly version looks like.

Using that technique you can create a normal map which is a texture that alters how light is displayed making a low poly mesh seem like it has the detail of a high poly mesh, you can also use it to bake AO(ambient occlusion) into a texture so that you'll the contact shadows from the high poly mesh.

I'll be using the high poly version to create a normal map texture and an AO pass to help with the diffuse texture.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...