Guest MonsterFish

Today I learned that people in Slovakia keep carps in their bath tubs 2 days before Christmas before slaughtering it and keeping the scales as good luck charms

tumblr_nzqbjrTY5J1qkvbwso1_r1_500.png

Cus DYK is basically where I spend 80% of my time

And then they traumatise the children, kek.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Comrade DR. MAHUJ DIK

Fun fact: supersonic or infrasonic research can only be done with a special international permit because of its efects on humans minds and bodies, beyond the brown note (yes it exists) there are several other effects it can cause including emotial response, there are registers of frequencioes making people, violent, enraged, sad, hungry and even giving hallucinations (its preety funny to imagine someone puting headphones to get high). Sadly no one ever discovered an horny frequency.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Comrade DR. MAHUJ DIK

the romans invented flush topilets and plumbing, but the catholics destroyed this knownledge when they came to powwer.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny fact: If you use a translator (or at least mine does) on the nexus to translate a page and if LadyMilla's username is on the page it will translate LadyMilla's username to What Lady which I thought was pretty funny and it's the only username that I have seen that gets translated like this.

It also doesn't do it anywhere else.

Guest MonsterFish

We now have 9 planets in our solar system (again).

Forgive me but when last I was here I didn't see this.

I presume you're talking about 'Planet 9' or 'Planet X', first of all I'd like to say that this theory is nothing new - it dates back as far as 1846. Planet X is a purely hypothetical planet, and one that isn't very likely as there are no recorded discrepancies in the deep space probes like Voyager and Pioneer that can attribured to a large celestial body. What caused this speculation was an unusual orbit to the minor planet Sedna that caused us to believe that something like a ninth planet had affected it. What really caused it? We don't know.

But on to another fun fact. Along with the typical human "Alpha Male" bullshit, there is something very unexpected that don't have alphas, betas and omegas: Wolves. At least not in the wild

And we've known it for a while. In 1970 a man named David Mech released a book that promoted the idea of the pecking order in wolves. Biologists, ecologists and zoologists were quick to jump on his case and say that the idea was wrong and he himself admits that it is, but by that time it was already too late and people just accepted that wolves had a pecking order. What they do have is a father 'leader' (Not an alpha, rather a wolf that coordinates things), a mother 'bitch' and the mating pairs past 3 generations of pups. When it's time, the pups will leave the protection of the pack to build their own pack, IE a mate which often leads to inbreeding.

Gorillas and many species of apes and monkeys do indeed have alphas but you'll be surprised to know that "Alpha" doesn't mean "I get to insult you and get away with it" like so many human "alphas" do. You'll also be surprised to know that most simians are fucking pussy bitches when it comes down to it. Humans are remarkably similar to ants when it comes to ecological behaviorisms.

We now have 9 planets in our solar system (again).

Forgive me but when last I was here I didn't see this.

I presume you're talking about 'Planet 9' or 'Planet X', first of all I'd like to say that this theory is nothing new - it dates back as far as 1846. Planet X is a purely hypothetical planet, and one that isn't very likely as there are no recorded discrepancies in the deep space probes like Voyager and Pioneer that can attribured to a large celestial body. What caused this speculation was an unusual orbit to the minor planet Sedna that caused us to believe that something like a ninth planet had affected it. What really caused it? We don't know.

But on to another fun fact. Along with the typical human "Alpha Male" bullshit, there is something very unexpected that don't have alphas, betas and omegas: Wolves. At least not in the wild

And we've known it for a while. In 1970 a man named David Mech released a book that promoted the idea of the pecking order in wolves. Biologists, ecologists and zoologists were quick to jump on his case and say that the idea was wrong and he himself admits that it is, but by that time it was already too late and people just accepted that wolves had a pecking order. What they do have is a father 'leader' (Not an alpha, rather a wolf that coordinates things), a mother 'bitch' and the mating pairs past 3 generations of pups. When it's time, the pups will leave the protection of the pack to build their own pack, IE a mate which often leads to inbreeding.

Gorillas and many species of apes and monkeys do indeed have alphas but you'll be surprised to know that "Alpha" doesn't mean "I get to insult you and get away with it" like so many human "alphas" do. You'll also be surprised to know that most simians are fucking pussy bitches when it comes down to it. Humans are remarkably similar to ants when it comes to ecological behaviorisms.

Yeah the way the press were going on about it made it sound like a newly discovered planet. Thanks for the info.