13 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

Update: I have downloaded previous versions of dde and these have the same files in their texture folders. Interestingly enough version 4.30 has folders managed by Vortex within the texture folders already in it.

Why do you think downgrading of DDe helps you with an Vortex install issue?

Is manual install a good idea in the combination with Vortex?

This are the DDe texture files that need to be in the Skyrim texture folder (or the vortex virtual install?):

dde.jpg.924f82fd1bbe261c520e338cbd8b2f61.jpg

Note that there is also iDDeDefaultCube.dds

dde2.jpg.114e2b688692f1760bd81334b8d5d148.jpg

that's where all those files and folders should be in.

If possible you need to tell that Vortex ?

20 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

Interestingly enough version 4.30 has folders managed by Vortex within the texture folders already in it.

I have no clue what that even means ?

Then again I have no clue about Vortex.

Maybe @Grey Cloud knows some tricks!

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

Why do you think downgrading of DDe helps you with an Vortex install issue?

Is manual install a good idea in the combination with Vortex?

This are the DDe texture files that need to be in the Skyrim texture folder (or the vortex virtual install?):

dde.jpg.924f82fd1bbe261c520e338cbd8b2f61.jpg

Note that there is also iDDeDefaultCube.dds

dde2.jpg.114e2b688692f1760bd81334b8d5d148.jpg

that's where all those files and folders should be in.

If possible you need to tell that Vortex ?

I have no clue what that even means ?

Then again I have no clue about Vortex.

Maybe @Grey Cloud knows some tricks!

All those folders were there as was the cube.dds file, only difference was the metal folder was yellow like the others.  Vortex is the replacement for NMM, it takes a bit of getting used to but has not let me down with anything, unless it's causing this. I have uninstalled dde and sum for now in favour of version 3.51 (NOTE: You need to edit the esp of this version in TESVedit) which I like to go back to now and again as it has the old DD escape system that I still prefer over the current one.  One gets tired of having to go into inventory, find the restraint, activate the menu then click 5 more buttons just to start a struggle, I wish they would change back. When inte comes back with some kind of answer I will revert. Thanks for the assistance.

14 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

it's not yellow on my screenshot because it is selected ?

Ok. I already compared the files in my textures folder with the ones in the download file, none were missing so I guess they could be missing from the download but not if you are using the same version i.e. 4.52 with SUM 1.53

39 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

Ok. I already compared the files in my textures folder with the ones in the download file, none were missing so I guess they could be missing from the download but not if you are using the same version i.e. 4.52 with SUM 1.53

I update DDe regularly and I never had missing textures like on your screenshots.

Version installed right now is v4.52

But I'm not sure what you are doing there.

It appears to me you are mixing old DDi versions with new DDe versions? If you want to use old DDi version I would use the last DDe version that was compatible to the old DDi and DDx version (DDa didn't change).

And you mix manual install with Vortex install? I thought Vortex is closer to MO and doesn't install directly into the skyrim/data folder anymore?

EDIT:

If it's all about the DDi struggle.

May I recommend an alternative: Devious Lore! It adds an awesome struggle mini game to the DDi,x 4.3 version

3 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I update DDe regularly and I never had missing textures like on your screenshots.

Version installed right now is v4.52

But I'm not sure what you are doing there.

It appears to me you are mixing old DDi versions with new DDe versions? If you want to use old DDi version I would use the last DDe version that was compatible to the old DDi and DDx version (DDa didn't change).

And you mix manual install with Vortex install? I thought Vortex is closer to MO and doesn't install directly into the skyrim/data folder anymore?

No, I always keep all DD mods and their requirements up to date. DDe is the only mod I have trouble with. I know no mod manager is perfect so sometimes I manual install if the situation calls for it or a mod didn't install properly using whatever manager. I only use Vortex as Nexus is trying to do away with NMM which is out of date.  I would prefer not to have to use mod managers as I have always manually installed mods since Sims 1/Morrowind but you need a manager for some mods like DCL.  I'm still no closer to finding what's causing this texture issue as I can find nothing missing.

I currently have DDa 3.0e, DDx 4.1 and DDi 4.3a installed with Vortex. I don't see how the problem is with Vortex - they are just mods. I don't see the need for manually installing mods especially when all 3 are packed as FOMODs.

When you make manual changes do you let Vortex do a deploy to bring itself up to date with what has changed?

25 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

Just my 5 cents, feel free to ignore:

1. use Mod Organizer 2 if you are doing ANY kind of complex operations of any sort with mods or even bugfixing. from all I know other MOs are more... made for simple use (but I am clearly biased here :D) 

2. get to use NifScope and/or Tes5edit to trace EXACTLY the filepath the said item uses for its textures (some use for example vanilla textures that cannot be found in any mod folder maybe but still can be overwritten or somehow altered especially with manual installs). its not of importance where any folder is in your downloads, try to track the exact file path used inside the meshes/ESP and compare with your installed files.

3. dont mix manual install and mod organizers ever. I can not even recommend manual install ANYTHING like at all, much too complex problems and there is zero advantage over Mod Organizers, only drawbacks. 

Even with Mo2 and personal experience you can miss ALOT and therefor some very simple problem can be overlooked. Especially those are impossible to track with manual installed mods (with the exception you know 200% what you are doing and can handle the necessary tools to scan and repair, which means scripts, meshes, textures, esp, all the patches and stuff which I think is impossible basically for profiles beyond say 2 dozen mods) 

19 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Just my 5 cents, feel free to ignore:

1. use Mod Organizer 2 if you are doing ANY kind of complex operations of any sort with mods or even bugfixing. from all I know other MOs are more... made for simple use (but I am clearly biased here :D) 

2. get to use NifScope and/or Tes5edit to trace EXACTLY the filepath the said item uses for its textures (some use for example vanilla textures that cannot be found in any mod folder maybe but still can be overwritten or somehow altered especially with manual installs). its not of importance where any folder is in your downloads, try to track the exact file path used inside the meshes/ESP and compare with your installed files.

3. dont mix manual install and mod organizers ever. I can not even recommend manual install ANYTHING like at all, much too complex problems and there is zero advantage over Mod Organizers, only drawbacks. 

Even with Mo2 and personal experience you can miss ALOT and therefor some very simple problem can be overlooked. Especially those are impossible to track with manual installed mods (with the exception you know 200% what you are doing and can handle the necessary tools to scan and repair, which means scripts, meshes, textures, esp, all the patches and stuff which I think is impossible basically for profiles beyond say 2 dozen mods) 

I thank you for your input. #2 is an excellent suggestion that I will definitely follow up on. I always used to manual install in the past because I started out that way and mod managers didn't exist yet. It's not a problem if you understand directory and file structure. Problems only arose for me when I got a large mod that used a manager or had multiple install options in which case I used one.  I am not familiar with MO but that's because I mostly used NMM until Vortex took over and because mods are getting bigger, I now use it for convenience, but I still do not know of any mod organiser that doesn't cause problems.

39 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

I mostly used NMM until Vortex took over

I think you shouldn't handle Vortex like NMM. NMM is closest to manual install, because everything is still linked to skyrim/data (but manual install isn't needed at all, because you can even zip single files and add them to NMM with the right folder structure). Vortex is closer MO and manually installing will get you into trouble, because of their virtual install system, means files manually installed can't be found by mods installed via MO/Vortex.

All mod managers have their own unique systems. The user has to know the pro/cons/shortcomings/unique handling of those mod managers or the real error source is the thing between keyboard and screen (quote stolen from Grey Cloud, maybe quoted badly ?)

43 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I think you shouldn't handle Vortex like NMM. NMM is closest to manual install, because everything is still linked to skyrim/data (but manual install isn't needed at all, because you can even zip single files and add them to NMM with the right folder structure). Vortex is closer MO and manually installing will get you into trouble, because of their virtual install system, means files manually installed can't be found by mods installed via MO/Vortex.

All mod managers have their own unique systems. The user has to know the pro/cons/shortcomings/unique handling of those mod managers or the real error source is the thing between keyboard and screen (quote stolen from Grey Cloud, maybe quoted badly ?)

I just reinstalled 4.52 and sum 1.53 using vortex and sorted the load order but the problem remains. It's only the shiny metal texture part of dde custom restraints that shows pink ingame so another mod may be blocking or overwriting it. Aside from DCL I have devious contraptions, Laura's shop and zap 8 which vortex loads after all the DD mods but shouldn't so mysuspicion falls on that. DDE and DCL load after that. Vortex doesnt let you sort load order manually, if it does I haven't seen how.

11 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

so another mod may be blocking or overwriting it

You can find that out with TES5edit like Nymra said.

But that also only helps if you can resort your LO after finding the conflicts.

15 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

Vortex doesnt let you sort load order manually, if it does I haven't seen how.

I think it's just not intuitive. Maybe it works like give them rules like it works with LOOT. Means you define for every mod at what point it gets loaded but also what it overwrites.

Maybe watching some more Vortex tutorial videos helps?

If not, I think you are better off with MO (but that means watching also videos how to use it), because it clearly shows overwrites (left window) and LO (right window).

I combine NMM with Wyre Bash, because it is only good to install stuff, but not for sorting a LO.

11 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

Incidentally, since Zap is still a requirement for this mod, which version should we be using? Zap 8.0 plus by tara or the older zap 7 by zaz and xaz?

ZAP 7, 8 and 8+ works, but you are best off with ZAP 8+ because you might have other mods in LO that need a bit more from ZAP than ZAP 7 provides (for example NDUN for furniture, SLtR for dances).

On 10/2/2020 at 12:32 PM, jigwigigx said:

Are the slave ballet heels from this mod supposed to look like this?   If not how can I fix it?

Red and white ebonite versions have the same problem.

ScreenShot172.jpg

That texture is from ZAP. Make sure ZAP is installed correctly.

• 5 weeks later...

I have some problem about DDE, could you please give me a guidance or other useful adivce for that , sorry English is not my language so some questions may be hard to understand.

1.My MCM set can not read the MCM setting configuration which was saved before

2.Once I tried to add some other mods like Device Chastity Piercing , at first it is sucessful ,but once again I entered the game ,it was unable to use.

3.when I enter the new game and enter the MCM to read the MCM setting configuration , it fail to read that and always indicate wrong name but I check the file skse which indicate that the MCM setting configuration is actually exist 

4.How does POP read the DDE custom outfit setting, according to the discription of POP , if i want to use a DDE  custom outfit named like "outfit1", the POP set ought to be "iDDeOutoutfit1', isn't it ? could you plese give me some examle or guidnce to understand better?

21 hours ago, weixz880422 said:

1.My MCM set can not read the MCM setting configuration which was saved before

Make sure you are using the latest SUM. 

If yes, I would need a DDe log with logging enabled.

21 hours ago, weixz880422 said:

4.How does POP read the DDE custom outfit setting, according to the discription of POP , if i want to use a DDE  custom outfit named like "outfit1", the POP set ought to be "iDDeOutoutfit1', isn't it ? could you plese give me some examle or guidnce to understand better?

Just enter the actual outfit name, in your case outfit1.

3 hours ago, Inte said:

DDv5?

Kimy's working on a new version of DD. I don't know if there's a list of the changes in one place, but things that I remember off the top of my head:

• For Him and Beast Race Refit now official but still optional parts of the framework
  • Native support for gagged voices
  • Keywords for device materials and properties
  • Addition of a leveled list-based system for device selection to eventually replace the tag-based database system; DDx devices aren't registered to the database any more
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...