7 hours ago, Inte said:

Ok, making both mods use the default list as the default option is a good idea and it will be so in the next version.

And yes, I know that my default options are a mess. But in my defense, I never played any mod on default settings as they are highly subjective. Therefore, I never suspected that any player would either.

Great! ?

Do not underestimate the value of good default settings - this is in fact true for any software, not only for mods. While almost everyone will customise the settings of their software, the default settings are the "starting point" for new users. Good default settings will allow new users to get a positive first impression. Bad or contradictionary default settings may lead to a bad first impression. People are often impatient and will just give up after a bad first impression.

7 hours ago, Inte said:

There is a technical reason for having to select an outfit first, then having to load it into the 'outfit manipulation' page.

Selecting an outfit first will allow the players to delete save or overwrite it with another, without having to retype the outfit name again and again.

Also, if the outfit is loaded in the 'outfit manipulation' page the moment it is selected, but the player decides to delete it instead, then tries to equip the deleted outfit, things will get out of sink. 

I am sure there are good technical reasons, otherwise you would not have implemented it like that. I am just stating that for me as a new user, it seemed like bad usability that I had to select the outfit two times (once "queue", one "load") before using it. Maybe it will grow on me and I will prefer it like that after a while. On the other hand, it would probably be technically easy to change the UI to only use a single action and in the code automatically "load" an outfit when it is "queued", and automatically "unload" it when it is deleted.

7 hours ago, Inte said:

When an actors are selected or slotted, they get their own MCM options, as to what outfit has been equipped on them last etc.

Ok, that does make sense ?.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 1:14 AM, donttouchmethere said:

As far as I understand it, parts of UIE are also included in EFF.

Means you don't need to overwrite UIE with EFF?

Even so, if you delete UIE you don't need a patch for it (duh!)

My patch logic:

SUM.esm

SkyUI

UIE

UIE patch

If your DDe installation can't confirm your DDa,i,x installation the problem needs to be found much earlier.

What you even mean by nothing shows up? Mybe a screenshot helps

Not sure what you mean by that.

You need to choose a preset outfit or create one yourself and choose it in DDe MCM before you can load it and equip it to an actor.

If you want to control devices on actors with DDe:

SHAMELESS COPY PASTE FORM INTE from a few comments above yours^^

Now that you’ve explained your issue I can try to help, tho this info is already available (SUM post No. 2). 

1. In SUM System page, select ‘Actor/Form Hotkey’ option, then press a key you want to dedicate to this task. 
2. In SUM Select Actor page, set the ‘Auto Store Actor’ to -1.
3. While still on the Select Actor page enter a name under ‘Enter An Actor List’ and save it. 
4. Walk up to an actor you want to save until the name appears in the crosshair or select her in the console, then press the key you’ve chosen in No. 1 above.
5. In DDe to the right where you select your PC there is an option where you can type. Type the actor list name from No. 3 above.
6. Select an actor from the list that will appear bellow.
7. Done. 

I think you mean the debug, modify and diagnosis options in SUM?

You don't need to manipulate them to use POP, DDe or other SUM features.

What changed is that you now have to create a list with actors first that can be used by all Inte mods.

Theory is that SUM is now managing all actors for all Inte mods. You create an actor list first which all Inte mods have access to:

> use the SUM hotkey for selecting a target (instead of the old DDe hotkey)

> add the actor to the SUM actor list (also save that new actor list)

> every actor in the SUM actor list can be chosen in DDe as target, anytime, anywhere, no visual contact needed anymore (want to put Lydia in DDs before coming home? Now it's possible, theoretically^^)

The difference to older Inte mod combos:

Old:

> target actor with DDe and add loaded outfits to the actor

New:

> target actor with SUM and save the actor to SUM actor list

> in DDe choose any actor from that SUM list and add loaded outfits to that actor

while in the old DDe version you needed to target any actor again, now you can choose any saved actor without visual targeting in DDe via the SUM actor list

Thanks for taking the time. I'll try that. Sorry for my tone earlier, I just *really* love your mod and was frustrated with myself that I couldn't get it to work properly. I've been a fan for years. So thanks again. Sorry for being a dumbass

7 hours ago, Aleawen said:

Thanks for taking the time. I'll try that. Sorry for my tone earlier, I just *really* love your mod and was frustrated with myself that I couldn't get it to work properly. I've been a fan for years. So thanks again. Sorry for being a dumbass

It takes a while to really understand all functions or use them.

I had to play around for 4 hours just to get custom DDe outfits right and configure POP & tags and SUM & lists in a way I was happy with.

Still not happy ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 7:45 AM, Kharos said:

Do not underestimate the value of good default settings - this is in fact true for any software, not only for mods. While almost everyone will customise the settings of their software, the default settings are the "starting point" for new users. Good default settings will allow new users to get a positive first impression. Bad or contradictionary default settings may lead to a bad first impression. People are often impatient and will just give up after a bad first impression.

You're not wrong, but I have so many options to add now that I might just include my own settings as a separate .json file. 

On 6/12/2020 at 7:45 AM, Kharos said:

I am sure there are good technical reasons, otherwise you would not have implemented it like that. I am just stating that for me as a new user, it seemed like bad usability that I had to select the outfit two times (once "queue", one "load") before using it. Maybe it will grow on me and I will prefer it like that after a while. On the other hand, it would probably be technically easy to change the UI to only use a single action and in the code automatically "load" an outfit when it is "queued", and automatically "unload" it when it is deleted.

Actually that would be easy to do.

IDK, I might look into changing it, tho I'm used to the way it is now. 

9 hours ago, Inte said:

Oh and why not?

> Color combinations

> The elbow binder issue

> The right devices to get less clipping during POP

(I tend to overdo things, too much heavy bondage isn't needed actually in POP, because there are constant scenes running and there is rarely enough time to catch a breath and see the PC and follower in the DDe prisoner outfit => yes, yes I should fine tune POP MCM => device removal + time between punishments)

> "Researching" the -for me- ultimate DDe-POP prisoner outfit! (2x for my follower, don't want to get jealous of the follower outfit mid prison time!)

> I wish the DDe device library would show the loaded custom outfit components!

Atm I have to load all my custom outfits and equip them on the PC to find out what devices I added ? (better outfit naming form my side would help to!)

EDIT:

OH OOOH!

Idea that came up while playing around with DDe.

How about to be able to add non DD outfit parts to DDe custom outfits.

Like that I could add some non DD fetish armors to the DDe custom outfits for ... STYLE!

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I keep getting the "DDe has detected 'CD' installed but not the "DDe - CD Patch" error message even though I have both files installed and at the bottom of my load order. I tried searching around for a solution but the last person to have asked, as far as I can tell, did not get an answer (it was in a different thread.)

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I'm probably doing something wrong.

On 7/10/2020 at 11:39 AM, DvPl said:

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I keep getting the "DDe has detected 'CD' installed but not the "DDe - CD Patch" error message even though I have both files installed and at the bottom of my load order. I tried searching around for a solution but the last person to have asked, as far as I can tell, did not get an answer (it was in a different thread.)

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I'm probably doing something wrong.

If for LE, make sure you have the 3 files, CD, DDe, DDe - CD Patch, installed correctly. 

If so, I would need a DDe log, with the debug logging enabled.

On 7/13/2020 at 6:54 AM, Inte said:

If for LE, make sure you have the 3 files, CD, DDe, DDe - CD Patch, installed correctly. 

If so, I would need a DDe log, with the debug logging enabled.

Thanks for getting back to me. How exactly do I get the necessary log for you? As far as I can tell, all three mods are installed correctly. The message isn't game-breaking or anything, just a reminder whenever I load up a save.

UPDATE: I recently cleaned up my Skyrim install quite considerably and the error is now gone. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it. I did end up getting rid of quite a few mods I don't use or really like any more, which may have helped.

Thanks for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, is the story you told in the main section actually a quest or scenario?  If so, how does it trigger?

Also, in the MCM menu under the device library section on the right for the CD Items, you show a selection of various CD Cursed Items.  When I try to equip them I get a pop up saying that the item does not want to lock, you feel as if it is waiting for something else to happen.  Once equipped, the items show as gods cursed cuffs, collar, and belt and they are green.

Is there a quest for these items, if so, how do I get it?  Or was it strictly from Captured Dreams?

When I try to remove them, it says they are quest items and can't be removed.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:31 AM, Xuvish said:

Just curious, is the story you told in the main section actually a quest or scenario?  If so, how does it trigger?

Not a quest.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:31 AM, Xuvish said:

Also, in the MCM menu under the device library section on the right for the CD Items, you show a selection of various CD Cursed Items.  When I try to equip them I get a pop up saying that the item does not want to lock, you feel as if it is waiting for something else to happen.  Once equipped, the items show as gods cursed cuffs, collar, and belt and they are green.

Is there a quest for these items, if so, how do I get it?  Or was it strictly from Captured Dreams?

When I try to remove them, it says they are quest items and can't be removed.

Those are supposed to be a secret.  

DO NOT EQUIP THEM! They are permanent. I just could not bring myself to remove them from the MCM. :classic_happy:

Spoiler

They do have a secret quest.

You have to have the complete set in your inventory, then when you equip one, the whole set locks on and a note appears in your inventory. If you follow the instructions precisely you can get them removed only once. But, if you mess up the quest, don't follow the directions precisely, you are done, they are locked on forever. If you complete the quest successfully and get them removed, but then decide to reequip them again, you're done, the quest will not trigger again.    

On 8/1/2020 at 12:31 PM, stas2503 said:

@Inte Hi, I have such a window ... I do not use CD Shop ...

Hide contents

803269760_TESV2020-08-0122-14-38-68.jpg.be4f69869a448dc0e48ab128d4f4dfcf.jpg

I have a mod called Captured Dreams.esp, but it's a completely different mod .. And it's from my private collection.

If you have the Captured Dreams.esp then you need to install the DDe - CD Patch. 

On 8/5/2020 at 11:47 PM, Inte said:

Not a quest.

Those are supposed to be a secret.  

DO NOT EQUIP THEM! They are permanent. I just could not bring myself to remove them from the MCM. :classic_happy:

Hide contents

They do have a secret quest.

You have to have the complete set in your inventory, then when you equip one, the whole set locks on and a note appears in your inventory. If you follow the instructions precisely you can get them removed only once. But, if you mess up the quest, don't follow the directions precisely, you are done, they are locked on forever. If you complete the quest successfully and get them removed, but then decide to reequip them again, you're done, the quest will not trigger again.    

Sounds interesting.  How can I get the quest?  If you don't want to post in forums, feel free to message me.

First of all...Thanks to all the DD people for these great mods.

This has probably come up before(Hell! I might have asked it a year or two ago), so sorry, if so: SUM is listed as a requirement on the mod page, EXCEPT it`s not shown as required in the top right corner, in the File Information section. So...which is it??

FYI: for whatever reason, I don`t currently have SUM installed, and things seem fine. But I am gonna update the big 3 DD mods(Assets/Integration/Expansion). I seem to have fallen behind on a couple updates. So "fine" might change.

22 hours ago, rcy68 said:

FYI: for whatever reason, I don`t currently have SUM installed, and things seem fine. But I am gonna update the big 3 DD mods(Assets/Integration/Expansion). I seem to have fallen behind on a couple updates. So "fine" might change.

You definitely need to have SUM installed. DDe is using a lot of SUM functions and a full SUM script mostly for its MCM.