3 minutes ago, Khaniya said:

I've got DD Equip v4.44 & SUM v1.44

(Latest versions of both.)

Everything appears in the MCM,

but I can't select any actor besides myself in both the SUM & DDEquip menu.

(I'm selected by default, and clicking any of the 'selected actor' fields does nothing.)

Trying to fit some gear onto an npc, but I don't think I can begin to tinker with that while the npc can't even be selected in my MCM.

Maybe something is off, or I'm not in the right spots for selecting an actor- or maybe selecting an actor is automatic?

Thoughts are appreciated.

You will have to register the NPC via SUM now first.

Check what key you saved to register NPCs in SUM.

Should work like this:

> look at npc and press SUM register NPC key

> now it might be possible right away to choose the NPC in DDe, if not you might have to change active NPC in SUM

fighting myself a bit with the new DDe+SUM combo

On 2/19/2020 at 3:11 AM, Mattdkz said:

Yeah xD well thanks for the answer mate, i'll make my way through all of this and see if i could benefit using LE

Maybe you can answer me this:

Do HDT chains work already on SE?

Like the DDx prisoner chains!

I blame you for making me SE curious and I need excuses not to try it anytime soon lol

Posting for the first time (so sorry if I screw something up in formatting) because I have an issue that I cannot figure out on my own.

Short version: I'm unable to even attempt to save outfits.

The MCM loads up fine, but when I go to the Custom Outfits page, there is no option at all for saving an outfit. It's just empty, see image:

Spoiler

286692501_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2020_03_03-18_34_16_30.png.5fb10d12bcb46aee7542017278c3e76b.png

I've used the console command to reload MCM, I've reinstalled DDE a few times now, even re-downloaded it for good measure. I have all the master files, and MO shows no conflicts (aside from DDE overwriting some of the files for the mcgDwarvenDeviousCuirass armor). Also started a new game (through LAL) to see if it would correct itself, but still no option to save an outfit. I looked through some of the posts in this thread and didn't find anything quite like this issue, but perhaps I overlooked one somewhere.

Any tips or help on this is appreciated.

EDIT: SOLVED, in case someone ever hits this same snag:

Turns out it the culprit was Sokco's Guild Starter mod. I couldn't tell you why it conflicted, but disabling that single mod brought back the options to save outfits.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:48 PM, Crota said:

Always loved this mod for the different colors it adds as well as the upgrade to catsuits.

Only think I really hope for this mod is a Hot pink version of all the current devices to be released.

You could create your very own pink outfits by simply replacing the existing texture with your own.

Pick your least favorite DDe outfit, for example FIFA, then just follow these simple steps,

1. Go online and grab your favorite pink .jpeg or .png.
  2. Save it somewhere on your computer, say the desktop.
  3. Open it in paint.net program, and save it as iDDeFifa.dds. 
  4. Copy it and replace the existing one in "..\Data\Textures\Devious Devices - Equip\Other\iDDeFifa.dds"
  5. Done. Now all the FIFA devious devices will have your favorite shade of pink. 
On 3/5/2020 at 10:54 PM, Inte said:

You could create your very own pink outfits by simply replacing the existing texture with your own.

Pick your least favorite DDe outfit, for example FIFA, then just follow these simple steps,

1. Go online and grab your favorite pink .jpeg or .png.
  2. Save it somewhere on your computer, say the desktop.
  3. Open it in paint.net program, and save it as iDDeFifa.dds. 
  4. Copy it and replace the existing one in "..\Data\Textures\Devious Devices - Equip\Other\iDDeFifa.dds"
  5. Done. Now all the FIFA devious devices will have your favorite shade of pink. 

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this started in version 4.44 or an earlier version, but I noticed when I am on quests for other mods like Deviously Cursed Loot or Laura's Bondage shop, the quest items can be removed in the MCM menu when you don't have the hardcore bondage experience checked and tried to remove through device interaction => remove all DD's 

In earlier versions this did not remove specific quest items from other mods.  Doing this broke one of the quest lines and caused a CTD.  Fortunately I saved before attempting.

Now it seems the only way to do the is to use an earlier version of DDE or select hardcore mode.  I will do some testing to see what the last version was. 

Is that something you can fix for next release, or did you design it to be this way and intend us to use the hardcore mode?

Please help me out here. My character can't fight when there's DDe arm restraints equiped. No matter if "Disable fighting" option on or off. However, when I equip DDx restraints - everithing's fine, she kicks.

Could someone tell me what I'm missing here?

P.S. The "Enabled bound combat" in Devious devices is on, if I turn it off - my character doesn't even get into fighting stance.

P.P.S. And I recon that DDe is for Devious Devices equip, so what is DDx stand for?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 11:23 AM, Xuvish said:

I'm not sure if this started in version 4.44 or an earlier version, but I noticed when I am on quests for other mods like Deviously Cursed Loot or Laura's Bondage shop, the quest items can be removed in the MCM menu when you don't have the hardcore bondage experience checked and tried to remove through device interaction => remove all DD's 

In earlier versions this did not remove specific quest items from other mods.  Doing this broke one of the quest lines and caused a CTD.  Fortunately I saved before attempting.

Now it seems the only way to do the is to use an earlier version of DDE or select hardcore mode.  I will do some testing to see what the last version was. 

Is that something you can fix for next release, or did you design it to be this way and intend us to use the hardcore mode?

Wait, you manually remove devices through the MCM and then complain that the devices get removed? :classic_huh:

Also, DDe does not remove any quest DDs, as that option has been removed.  

On 4/16/2020 at 11:33 AM, ChewGun said:

Is there no way to lenghten possible custom outfit names? Now its pretty limiting...

Let me see here, there are 26 characters in the English language + 10 numbers = 36. The max length for an outfit name is 30 characters.

So that is 36^30 = 4.8e46 total outfit names, and that's limiting? :classic_huh:

On 4/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, evilblade said:

Please help me out here. My character can't fight when there's DDe arm restraints equiped. No matter if "Disable fighting" option on or off. However, when I equip DDx restraints - everithing's fine, she kicks.

Could someone tell me what I'm missing here?

P.S. The "Enabled bound combat" in Devious devices is on, if I turn it off - my character doesn't even get into fighting stance.

P.P.S. And I recon that DDe is for Devious Devices equip, so what is DDx stand for?

Some DDe arm restraints (cuffs) come from ZAP and do not have bound animations. 

DDx = Devious Devices Expansion

10 hours ago, Inte said:

Wait, you manually remove devices through the MCM and then complain that the devices get removed? :classic_huh:

Also, DDe does not remove any quest DDs, as that option has been removed.  

I wasn't complaining the devices get removed.

I was playing while hardcore mode was off.  I had some other mods equipping devices on me.  I used the interface thinking the non-quest items would be removed and the quest items would stay on.  I did that only because I didn't have any keys and my hands were in an armbinder (My own fault-I panicked).

I have mods such as Captured Dreams and Deviously Cursed Loot's (DCL) Bound Queen Quest that you can use the MCM menu with hardcore mode off that will only unequip the standard DD items and not the quest specific items.  I thought that would work the same way at the time for the quest I was on.

I did some experimenting with the most recent versions of DDA, DDI, and DDE and found there were other quests in DCL (Cursed Collar and Chloe) and Laura's Bondage Shop where all DD items came off including the quest items.

I was originally asking if when you use the Remove all DD's from (Selected Actor) in the Device Interaction sub menu of Devious Devices Equipment MCM in non-hardcore mode if there was a way to set it up so that you can remove only non quest items?

Or is that up to the mod's creator where they have a special code to designate that a quest item should not be removed via the MCM?

I now play in hardcore mode now and keep plenty of keys.  I also disable or lower the chance of the other mods equipping devices on me when I start a mod's DD quest.

I really don't need it anymore, but you can consider if you want to.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:16 AM, Inte said:

Let me see here, there are 26 characters in the English language + 10 numbers = 36. The max length for an outfit name is 30 characters.

So that is 36^30 = 4.8e46 total outfit names, and that's limiting? :classic_huh:

Yes, because there's 16 device slots, some with alternatives, and over 20 color variants. And I generally want to keep my outfit names human-readable (am I the only one?), so that leaves us with at least 1.2e24 device combinations and only 30 characters to encode that.

7 hours ago, ChewGun said:

Yes, because there's 16 device slots, some with alternatives, and over 20 color variants. And I generally want to keep my outfit names human-readable (am I the only one?), so that leaves us with at least 1.2e24 device combinations and only 30 characters to encode that.

30 characters long names for devices? Can you give any examples of something so horrible? I only shudder to think of any equipment i'd have to see in Skyrim inventory that are even over 16 characters. I do see long strings sometimes and the font becomes so tiny you need a microscope... Or even worse if text cuts out of the text field, replaced with "...".

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

30 characters long names for devices? Can you give any examples of something so horrible? I only shudder to think of any equipment i'd have to see in Skyrim inventory that are even over 16 characters. I do see long strings sometimes and the font becomes so tiny you need a microscope... Or even worse if text cuts out of the text field, replaced with "...".

Here ya go!

Inte's gag for bolshie people

On 4/27/2020 at 11:56 AM, Xuvish said:

I was originally asking if when you use the Remove all DD's from (Selected Actor) in the Device Interaction sub menu of Devious Devices Equipment MCM in non-hardcore mode if there was a way to set it up so that you can remove only non quest items?

DDe does not remove quest items.

20 hours ago, ChewGun said:

Well, you won't have to worry about any of that as the .json list where the outfits are stored is limited to about 500 outfits and the MCM can only display about 107 (Skyrim's array limitation of 127). 

Hey Inte, i know you had Nomkaz take down the SSE conversion, though im a little fuzzy on why, but Nomkaz said he sent you the files for SSE, i was just wondering if you could just put them on even just your LE page?

Same with POP and SUM

Again though, not sure the reasons you asked for them to come down, so sorry if i seem rude or anything

I moved the files as directed when updating, and while the settings seem to work fine, my customs outfits are all missing. Help?

Edit: Never mind, I managed to fix it. The files for outfits are stored in another location.

9 hours ago, Xiaron said:

I moved the files as directed when updating, and while the settings seem to work fine, my customs outfits are all missing. Help?

Edit: Never mind, I managed to fix it. The files for outfits are stored in another location.

I'll update the description.