Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home

New version 0.6 is posted (see the first post)

• Added a few dialogue options to the slaves
  • Fixed a few minor behavioral issues
  • Fixed an issue with the repacked PAHE (PAHE dialogue appeared even after parking a slave at home)
  • Added 2 quests to introduce the player to slavery or to end it.  Become a thane of Dawnstar, Morthal or Falkreath and talk to the jarl to start.  When the quest asks you to look for something, keep in mind that there may not be a quest marker, or the marker is only in the general vicinity of the actual item / person.
  • The quests add a slaver guard at 3 mines.  Currently they don't do much other than take part in the quests
  • There's a new inn that will be part of future quests.  Not much to do there currently.

New version 0.6 is posted (see the first post)

• Added a few dialogue options to the slaves
  • Fixed a few minor behavioral issues
  • Fixed an issue with the repacked PAHE (PAHE dialogue appeared even after parking a slave at home)
  • Added 2 quests to introduce the player to slavery or to end it.  Become a thane of Dawnstar, Morthal or Falkreath and talk to the jarl to start.  When the quest asks you to look for something, keep in mind that there may not be a quest marker, or the marker is only in the general vicinity of the actual item / person.
  • The quests add a slaver guard at 3 mines.  Currently they don't do much other than take part in the quests
  • There's a new inn that will be part of future quests.  Not much to do there currently.

ok i'll try the update later today or tomorrow probably

attaching a revised repack I bundled after Christmas vacation - seems I goofed with some of the scripts before Christmas and bla hasn't been back to post the revision, if i'm lucky it was just messy and needed cleanup, don't know yet if it affected anything...

-see if you still get the same behaviors with it or if not, what changes, better or worse

paradise_halls sl extension repack2 release h_rc0.5.zip

Hm the only thing is that when I pick up a slave from the house, he doesn't have any of the PAHE dialogue. Manually adding them to that "PAH Even Toned" faction again restores the PAHE dialogue.

I am posting v0.7 of my mod to fix this.  In the mean time, if this happens to any of you, you can still tell the slave to stay in the house again. Then grab v0.7 and try again

Hm the only thing is that when I pick up a slave from the house, he doesn't have any of the PAHE dialogue. Manually adding them to that "PAH Even Toned" faction again restores the PAHE dialogue.

I am posting v0.7 of my mod to fix this.  In the mean time, if this happens to any of you, you can still tell the slave to stay in the house again. Then grab v0.7 and try again

ok, i'm not getting that new bug either, i'll find out with more testing if it makes a difference whether time passes and come back after a save/quit/reload

the original crash on load problem I had before is gone so we'll see how long training takes now

edit:

I notice also that this doesn't work yet with riften, the dialog isn't even available to add it there...

for me the slaves keep trying to use that outside door to leave the house, is weird, they always come back, but it gets to interrupt dialog at times when they do it

Edited by CliftonJD

Bah, that Riften thing again. :( Are you testing with v0.7? 

The Riften cell replaces the children's bedroom, so the dialogue has a check on whether that room is present or not. And every now & then my mod loses its connection with Hearthfires in the CK for some reason (which implements those rooms), so the references in the scripts and conditions are nulled. I don't know how to prevent this, and it never happens with references to other mods.

I'll go over the Whiterun house navmesh again with a fine comb. The house is rather cramped and if a path is blocked the slaves opt for the door, but somehow it doesn't happen in the equally cramped Riften house.

Oh keep in mind that the Felllglow guy no longer sells the house upgrades. Go to the Restless Hunter west of Riften, or talk to one of the mine guards after doing the quests 

Bah, that Riften thing again. :( Are you testing with v0.7? 

The Riften cell replaces the children's bedroom, so the dialogue has a check on whether that room is present or not. And every now & then my mod loses its connection with Hearthfires in the CK for some reason (which implements those rooms), so the references in the scripts and conditions are nulled. I don't know how to prevent this, and it never happens with references to other mods.

oh, alright didn't know that was sposed to replace the kids bedroom, it's the only room I've upgraded in riften

I'll go over the Whiterun house navmesh again with a fine comb. The house is rather cramped and if a path is blocked the slaves opt for the door, but somehow it doesn't happen in the equally cramped Riften house.

alright

Oh keep in mind that the Felllglow guy no longer sells the house upgrades. Go to the Restless Hunter west of Riften, or talk to one of the mine guards after doing the quests 

oh, you forgot to mention that in the update

the only thing you mentioned for the  update to 0.7 was a bug fix with the dialogs not adding to pahe from hsh so I opted out of that update, it won't be needed when pahe updates

Did the innkeeper at the restless hunter have the upgrade for you? If you already have the kids bedroom, the dialogue should reflect that and offer the cell as a replacement for that room.

I've never heard of him until you mentioned it in the post just above so I didn't know to look for him...

i'll have to wiki who he is and where...

Oh, he is part of the mod (and so is the inn). Check your map, the inn should be marked a little south of Ivarstead, west of Riften

ok, i'll check that out shortly i'm just getting settled in from work, but why the move from felglow

I had it planned out to sell some slaves then buy the hsh addition to riften all at once

more so it's quite Rare that I ever head to the riften area, too far east  ...in comparison it's roughly the farthest town from all others

Did the innkeeper at the restless hunter have the upgrade for you? If you already have the kids bedroom, the dialogue should reflect that and offer the cell as a replacement for that room.

ok ya, made it there finally, had to ctd on first screen load, then reload the game and it worked fine, but I had just got done adopting some poor kid from whiterun, not going to kick her out for a slave i can throw in the floor

you said in the description there would be more slaves at the bigger houses I paid quite a bit more for riften home versus whiterun, there should be an option to put it in the place of the alchemy lab or the enchanter or if you have the funds for it build a full dungeon with out any other house upgrades use them all for slave expansions

i'm also beginning to wonder how many weeks of game time before the training progresses

After weeks of game time there should have been some progress...  They train about 3 submission points per game day on average, until they reach 70.  Check the roster and make sure that the slave is listed as being trained (if the slave is parked in the cell, training is paused and the roster will say "not being trained").  If her submission is below 70 but still doesn't budge, go tell her trainer to stop training the slave, then assign the trainer to her again.

The bigger houses are Morthal (4 slaves), Solitude (4 slaves) and Windhelm (3 slaves). I like the idea of being able to convert more rooms in the bigger houses to cells, and the system already supports this. The Restless Hunter holds 14 slaves spread over multiple cells.

Did you have a CTD entering the tavern, or when loading your saved game?

After weeks of game time there should have been some progress...  They train about 3 submission points per game day on average, until they reach 70.  Check the roster and make sure that the slave is listed as being trained (if the slave is parked in the cell, training is paused and the roster will say "not being trained").  If her submission is below 70 but still doesn't budge, go tell her trainer to stop training the slave, then assign the trainer to her again.

The bigger houses are Morthal (4 slaves), Solitude (4 slaves) and Windhelm (3 slaves). I like the idea of being able to convert more rooms in the bigger houses to cells, and the system already supports this. The Restless Hunter holds 14 slaves spread over multiple cells.

Did you have a CTD entering the tavern, or when loading your saved game?

ok, will try that, so far the training hasn't progressed even by 1 after a few days

the ctd was after a long journey as the new inn was being drawn on the compass before view and didn't reproduce after reloading the nearest save so i'll shrug it off as updating graphics when graphics memory was already low

Ok silly question how do you actually start this thing?
Im prob loosing me marbles here but ive read the instructions 4x, spent the last hour trying to get this mod or dialogues to work to no avail. I have

1. spoken to yarl or their aids who sell/upgrade homes, no dialogue
2. went to slaver camp to talk to jarreck, no dialogue
3. talked to slaves, no updates in dialogue
4. saved/reloaed multiple times to repeat 1-3

5. where is the restless hunter?

if anyone can break it down for me, Id be grateful

I should have updated the instructions. Jerrek no longer sells the upgrades though I will reinstate him as a seller by popular demand (well it's just one guy demanding it but he deserves to be listened to :) ).

Any ways if you haven't done the quests, your only option is to buy the upgrade at the restless hunter. It's a ways west of Riften, just south of Ivarstead.

ok, progress update:

just wanted let you know that it almost worked when I tried that I had 1 point trained to the slave after a couple days,  but was able to figure out what changed things and why it was only 1 point , so (spare you the how and why details, but) for future reference if anybody else has this issue my solution was to clean the save

things seems to be working ok now

I should have updated the instructions. Jerrek no longer sells the upgrades though I will reinstate him as a seller by popular demand (well it's just one guy demanding it but he deserves to be listened to :) ).

Any ways if you haven't done the quests, your only option is to buy the upgrade at the restless hunter. It's a ways west of Riften, just south of Ivarstead.

actually I already stated that I liked jarek's way better so that's another asking for it

suggestion/idea:

maybe confer with einar about a good place to add this into felglow as an additional training area there as well that would have a much larger support for more slave training

as you'll see there's already a training are there now that was planned for these features, but neither of us were aware of hsh when that idea was thought up so it seems logical for a joint effort on it, if you'd be willing to take part in it...

• 2 weeks later...

ok so not only is the training slower than pahe, but the training stops at 72 submission and the slave loses all the other values that would have contributed to it - resetting them to 0

post-436139-0-36752900-1455028805_thumb.jpg

I don't remember was those stats were before she was placed in there, wasn't expecting them to be wiped....

bout the only thing I remember is that submission was 38 before hsh and the other values of sex and pose training were there to reach that submission

edit:

seems a bit of respect training goes a long way, the stats are back...

post-436139-0-64778900-1455031064_thumb.jpg

Hello I'm a user of paradise and this mod looks interesting i have a quick question i see that zaz is required will there be someway to keep your slaves chained up or tied to the wall or in a cage with this mod when you leave home and then come back and they are the same as you left them?

I don't know if this normally happens or not, but I had a slave "Generic bandit" Train another, something happened when the second slave raped my first slave during training lol. Then I went to have him stop training, go to his cell (In solitude) And once he got in, I got a little notification "Bandit slave died" And he dropped to the floor.

Can you tell me if this is some sort of odd bug, feature or something from the core Paradise halls mod that I'm unaware of? Luckily I had a save before it happened and now I'm just playing around seeing if it happens again.

Also, it happened when I procured two new slaves (Foresworn bandits) And brought them into the house as well. 

I don't know if this normally happens or not, but I had a slave "Generic bandit" Train another, something happened when the second slave raped my first slave during training lol. Then I went to have him stop training, go to his cell (In solitude) And once he got in, I got a little notification "Bandit slave died" And he dropped to the floor.

Can you tell me if this is some sort of odd bug, feature or something from the core Paradise halls mod that I'm unaware of? Luckily I had a save before it happened and now I'm just playing around seeing if it happens again.

Also, it happened when I procured two new slaves (Foresworn bandits) And brought them into the house as well. 

I dunno if it makes a difference or not, I haven't tested solitude home yet, had no incidents like that in whiterun