[Unofficial] BodyGen - docs

Introduction

This document is based on my current understanding of how BodyGen works and gets implemented. 
If any information is inaccurate or I learn more about it, I will change this document to reflect that.

I'm going to start with a quote from Expired6978 to give an overview of what BodyGen is all about. 
Lots of information follows. I'm going to attempt to break it down and explain it in this thread.

What is BodyGen and what does it do? BodyGen is a BodyMorph randomization engine for creating NPCs with random morphs, 
they are outlined by template files and morph files

meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\%PLUGIN%\templates.ini

Sevenbase=7B High@1.0 | 7B Bombshell High@1.0 | 7B Natural High@1.0 | 7B Cleavage High@1.0 | 7B Bcup High@1.0
Breasts=BreastsSH@1.0 | BreastsSSH@2.0, Breasts@1.0, BreastCleavage@0.1:1.0, BreastGravity@0.1:1.0
Waist=Waist@-1.0:1.0 | ChubbyWaist@-1.0:1.0 | WideWaistLine@-1.0:1.0
Random=Breasts@-1.0, BreastsSmall@-1.0, BreastsSH@0:1.0, BreastsSSH@0:1.0, BreastsFantasy@1.0, BigTorso@-1.0, Waist@-1.0:1.0, 
ChubbyWaist@-1.0:1.0, RoundAss@-1.0:1.0, SlimThighs@-1.0:1.0, Thighs@1.0, PregnancyBelly@0:1.0, NippleDistance@-1.0:0.0, 
Arms@-1.0:0.0, NippleSize@-1.0:0.0, ButtCrack@-1.0:0.0, Butt@-1.0:0.0, ButtShape2@-1.0:0.0, Legs@-1.0,0.0

meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\%PLUGIN%\morphs.ini
Skyrim.esm|F62F0=Sevenbase,Random,Waist,Breasts

Right now you must specify each ActorBase in the morphs.ini file but this could easily be generated via a TES5Edit script. 
Note from ChaJaPa - the above statement is no longer true as a feature, ALL|Female was added after he wrote this.
The templating allows you to outline particular morphs, or sets of morphs.

Syntax:
@ - Separates Morph and Values
: - Separates Value range
, Separates AND morphs
| Separates OR morphs (The OR operation will only take one of the morphs within the current comma)

If a morph value is evaluated more than once it will take the last one evaluated. This would essentially increase the probability of that morph being evaluated.

If an Actor is derived from a template, or is a LeveledActorBase it will evaluate from the root template's parameters.

So as you can see we have some new folders and files to create. 
However, none of this is going to work unless we prepare some things ahead of time.

Preparing

You will need:
BodySlide - newest version available (I'm using version 2.8 at the time of writing this)
Racemenu - newest version available (I think anything from v. 3.3.0 or newer works. I'm using 3.4.3 as I write this)

In order for BodyGen to work, you have to have "morph files". These files have the extension ".tri" and they are generated by BodySlide.
I will use "morph files" and "tri files" in this document and you should know that they mean the same thing.
In BodySlide, there is a checkbox right near the "BUILD" button that will generate morph files when you build meshes for body or armor.
Make sure that box is checked!
I'm not going to do a whole BodySlide tutorial here. If you aren't understanding at this point then you need to find a BodySlide tutorial.

You're going to:
Make body meshes and armor meshes and make sure that checkbox for making morph files is checked.

NOTES:
I use a UUNP Special body in UNPB shape and it is slightly customized. Your body is the STARTING POINT from which BodyGen works. 
The BodyGen morphs won't magically change my UNPB starting point into a 7B Oppai body. Oh, it will apply the adjustments, but they'll look terrible 
because I started with a UNPB shape. And this will happen if you start with ANY pre-defined shape.
I can apply morphs for breast, belly, legs, waist and pretty much anything I want, but I CAN'T apply morphs that try to set a "base body shape" like UNP Skinny, 
or 7B Natural, or CHSBHC.
If that's ok with you, fine.
But a BETTER way would be to create your body and armors using a "Zeroed Sliders" preset.
I'm pretty sure that a zeroed slider preset is going to give you something very close to a basic CBBE body shape if no morphs are applied.

ARMORS and BODY must be built to the same preset!!!
Don't build a body with your custom big-boobs-and-fat-ass preset and then build armors with zeroed sliders or anything else.
Build body and armor using the same preset. And again, I'm going to suggest that zeroed sliders is probably the best way to go.

I use the CT77 remodeled armors so I have a fairly complete vanilla replacement set of armors and clothes.
MAKE SURE you have that checkbox checked so you generate the morph files as you build your armors and clothes.

What do the ".tri" files do?
If I have a body generated with tri files, and armors generated with tri files, the armors will fit that body even if I change its shape in racemenu or something.
If I change the DoubleMelon slider in racemenu on my character (or a follwer if you're using EFF) then her boobs will change with that slider,
and so will her armor. ANY armor that she wears will morph to fit her as long as that armor also has tri files. 

So.... now you've got your body and armor meshes built with morph files. 
Let's keep going....

Folder structure

We need to add some folders and files now. Here is the basic format:

meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\%PLUGIN%\templates.ini
meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\%PLUGIN%\morphs.ini

%PLUGIN% is the name of the mod for which this templates.ini or morphs.iniis associated. They will load when this mod loads.
Example:
meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\Skyrim.esm\templates.ini <-- This template will load when Skyrim loads.
meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\Skyrim.esm\morphs.ini  <-- This morphs file will load when Skyrim loads

If you have more than one set of templates and morphs, they will be used according to LOAD ORDER.

If I have:

meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\Skyrim.esm\templates.ini
meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\Skyrim.esm\morphs.ini

and also have

meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\Nylea.esp\templates.ini
meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\Nylea.esp\morphs.ini

The templates and morphs files for Skyrim.esm will load and then the ones for Nylea.esp will load.
(Because Skyrim will load before Nylea.esp)
If you have more templates and morphs, they will each be evaluated according to LOAD ORDER.

NOTES:
I have a follower named Nylea. If I want to have her body adjusted only for her, I can do this...

Now when Nylea's esp file loads, a template and morph file will load.

Templates.ini

Let's take a look at a sample templates.ini file

As an example, let's sat this is placed as:

Sevenbase=7B High@1.0 | 7B Bombshell High@1.0 | 7B Natural High@1.0 | 7B Cleavage High@1.0 | 7B Bcup High@1.0
Breasts=BreastsSH@1.0 | BreastsSSH@2.0, Breasst@1.0, BreastCleavage@0.1:1.0, BreastGravity@0.1:1.0
Waist=Waist@-1.0:1.0 | ChubbyWaist@-1.0:1.0 | WideWaistLine@-1.0:1.0
Random=Breasts@-1.0, BreastsSmall@-1.0, BreastsSH@0:1.0, BreastsSSH@0:1.0, BreastsFantasy@1.0, BigTorso@-1.0, Waist@-1.0:1.0, 
ChubbyWaist@-1.0:1.0, RoundAss@-1.0:1.0, SlimThighs@-1.0:1.0, Thighs@1.0, PregnancyBelly@0:1.0, NippleDistance@-1.0:0.0, 
Arms@-1.0:0.0, NippleSize@-1.0:0.0, ButtCrack@-1.0:0.0, Butt@-1.0:0.0, ButtShape2@-1.0:0.0, Legs@-1.0,0.0

In order to understand what we're looking at we have to remember the syntax for formatting.

Syntax:
@ - Separates Morph and Values
: - Separates Value range
, Separates AND morphs
| Separates OR morphs (The OR operation will only take one of the morphs within the current comma)

Where do the NAMES of the sliders come from?
They are exactly as you see them in BodySlide next to the sliders they represent. 
BreastSH will not work because the name of the slider is BreastsSH.  Notice the extra "s" in there. Check your spelling. Look in BodySlide for the correct spellings.

You need a blank NewLine at the end of the templates.ini and morphs.ini files.
Go to the last line of the file, hit Return to be on a line BELOW the actual last line of text, and hit Return again. Save the file.

An entry in the templates.ini file is defining a morph name and then defining what morphs are available to that morph name.
Let's look at the first line.

The morph name is "Sevenbase". This is going to randomly morph to :
7B High OR 7B Bombshell High OR 7B Natural High OR 7b Cleavage High OR 7B Bcup High
because they're all set to 1.0 as a value.

If you were in Bodyslide with a body mesh selected... AND if you have all sliders at 0... THEN you select 7B and on the high weight side you set it to 1,
you'll see what that first parameter would do when morphing from a zero slider body.

If you select a UNPB preset (for example) and THEN set the 7B High slider to 1, you'll see that the result is probably pretty ugly.
That's because you're setting the 7B transforms on an existing UNPB shaped body. So you're not starting from zero.
This is why I suggested that you might want to create everything with zeroed sliders.

Let's look at another line.

Breasts=BreastsSH@1.0 | BreastsSSH@2.0, Breast@1.0, BreastCleavage@0.1:1.0, BreastGravity@0.1:1.0

Morph name is Breasts.
This will set BreastsSH to 1.0 OR it will set BreastsSSH to 2.0, AND Breast to 1.0 AND BreastCleavage will be set to somewhere in a RANGE of 0.1 to 1.0 
AND BreastGravity will be set to a RANGE of 0.1 to 1.0

Morphs.ini

OK, now let's loko at a sample morphs.ini file.

As an example, we'll say this is placed as:

Skyrim.esm|F62F0=Sevenbase,Breasts

That's it??? Let's take it apart...

Skyrim.esm <-- the name of the mod, followed by "|" character used here as a separator
F62F0 <-- this is the FormID of a particular NPC that is defined within Skyrim.esm. I didn't look it up to see who it is. Followed by an "=" sign.
Sevenbase, Breasts  <-- These are the morphs to apply to this FormID (NPC). These are the ones from our templates.ini

So this NPC will have a randomly selected 7Base base body shape and will then have her breasts adjusted according to the templates.ini settings for "Breasts"

So you have to set every character individually? There are HUNDREDS of them?
No... you don't.
Another feature was added and it looks like this:

All|Female

You would use this instead of "Skyrim.esm|F62F0" to apply the morphs to all females. So the line could look like this:

All|Female=Sevenbase,Breasts

This feature should only be used ONCE. It may have unpredictable results if used in more than one morph file. 
I still need more information about this one, but for now I will heed the warning I was given until we know more.
So you may need to do some planning.

That's about it in a very simplified form.
Now go back and look at that templates.ini sample. You'll see there are entries for Waist= and Random=
Look at what those are doing.

An Example

UNP=UNP High@1.0 | UNPB High@1.0 | UNPB Oppai v3.2 High@1.0

ALL|Female=UNP

Even though I have a Sevenbase morph defined in the templates file, I didn't use it in the morphs file. 
According to the above, All Females wille be either UNP, UNPB, or UNPB Oppai

Nylea=UNPB High@1.0, DoubleMelons@2.0

Nylea.esp|D62=Nylea

Whoa! What?
As defined in the templates.ini for Nylea.esp, Nylea will get a UNPB body and DoubleMelons will get set to 2.0 to ... pump her up a bit.  :)
This assumes I started with all zeroed sliders when I built body and armors.... which I did NOT do in reality.
So I can't use any of the morphs to set or randomize a base body (I may change this and redo everything with zeroed sliders)

In the morphs file her formID is D62. How did I get to that?

Her form ID in TES5Edit shows as 22000D62
The "22" part is her place in my load order. In the morphs.ini we have the line:
Nylea.esp|D62=Nylea
The "Nylea.esp" part of that line takes care of her place in the load order so I can drop the first 2 character (the "22")
Then I drop leading zeroes and end up with just "D62".

Why would I do all of this?

You build body and armors ONCE.
You can have different bodies randomly distributed through Skyrim and all armors fit, no matter which body shape the NPC (or PC) is using.
You can have a lot of random differences OR you can keep it simple and have everyone get the same body, but certain NPCs or followers get adjustments.
Your PC can be adjusted any time in Racemenu (and all armors will still fit)
If you're using EFF your follower can be adjusted in Racemenu (and all armors will still fit)

IF ALL YOU DID was to make a template and morph that changes the base body, you could use a UNPB body for everyone .... 
You make a .../Skyrim.esm/templates.ini that has :
Body=UNP High@1.0
and a .../Skyrim.esm/morphs.ini that has:
All|Female=Body
and then maybe one day you wake up and you're just in the mood to see bigger boobs so you change the template file to
Body=7B Oppai High@1.0
and everyone in your game is 7Base Oppai

I think that's about it for now. I'll add to this or change things as we get more information.

You can Thank Me later

Attached file contains the TES5Edit script required to export all female NPCs' BaseIDs in a manner which can be used for RaceMenu's BodyGen feature. The output of the script is written to a file.

Usage

Extract the contents of the 7z file into the "Edit Scripts" directory of your TES5Edit installation. Run TES5Edit afterwards and load the desired .esm or .esp. Select it and run the script via Ctrl+9 or right click on mod->Apply script. This GUI (however, empty on the first run) shows up: see GUI-1.png

Enter the randomization definitions for the different races according to your personal preferences and the settings in your templates.ini. Change the filename if desired, then hit the "Export" button. The script runs, depening on the esm/esp's size, this can take up to half a minute. In the end, in TES5Edit's message box, a summary of what was done is printed (example given below for Skyrim.esm, file location may vary):

Applying script...

9    Argonian

223    Breton

94    Dark Elf

116    High Elf

125    Imperial

13    Khajiit

267    Nord

31    Orc

73    Redguard

18    Wood Elf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

969    NPCs of 5118 analyzed NPCs were exported to D:\Modding and Patches\Skyrim\TES5Edit 3.1.1-25859-3-1-1\morphs.ini

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Apply Script done] Processed Records: 869693, Elapsed Time: 00:38

The morphs.ini file was stored in the root directory of your TES5Edit installation. Copy this file into your BodyGen directory. Repeat this process for different .esm or .esp and append the content of the newly created morphs.ini to the existing one. Run Skyrim and have fun...

Setting-up BodyGen for those who have not done it yet

My relevant setup:

• SKSE 1.7.3
  • RaceMenu 3.2.2
  • BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio 2.7f
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended 3.13

Follow the instructions given here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39343-racemenu-v320b/

Create, e.g., the directory structure "meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\NPC Body Scale Randomizer.esp". Put the morphs.ini file created by the TES5Edit script inside this directory. Additionally, create a "templates.ini" file which defines the randomizations you assigned in the GUI of the script. For the example above, these contents could look like:

Belly = PregnancyBelly@0.5:1.0

Breasts = BreastSH@0.0:1.0 | BreastSSH@0.0:2.0, Breast@1.0, BreastCleavage@0.1:1.0, BreastGravity@0.1:1.0

Change the ranges, add or delete BodySlide options to your own liking. This can be done race-dependent, e.g.:

BreastsNord = ...

BreastsOrc = ...

BreastsRedguard = ...

Simply enter the approriate definitions in the GUI of the TES5Edit script: see GUI-2.png

If you want to assign special settings to a single NPC, it works analogously, but can only be done manually in the morphs.ini and templates.ini files.

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=206929

Helpful resource, thanks for compiling it.

As far as I can tell so far from my experimentation, the actual weightslider doesn't seem to affect this at ALL. So if you want to simulate different points on the weightslider of a particular body you need to define something like

7B Oppai Low@0.25, 7B Oppai High@0.75

Which should be low .25 AND high .75 to give the equivalent of .75 on the weightslider.

Of course with controlled randomization of other bits, you might not need to do this at all.

The nice thing about it of course is the same thing as the complicating bit: since the weightslider doesn't affect the shape of anything but the neck, you can change an NPC to have any appearance you want without needing to change their weight in the files and regenerate their head morph from the CK.

Helpful resource, thanks for compiling it.

As far as I can tell so far from my experimentation, the actual weightslider doesn't seem to affect this at ALL. So if you want to simulate different points on the weightslider of a particular body you need to define something like

7B Oppai Low@0.25, 7B Oppai High@0.75

Which should be low .25 AND high .75 to give the equivalent of .75 on the weightslider.

Of course with controlled randomization of other bits, you might not need to do this at all.

The nice thing about it of course is the same thing as the complicating bit: since the weightslider doesn't affect the shape of anything but the neck, you can change an NPC to have any appearance you want without needing to change their weight in the files and regenerate their head morph from the CK.

Yes, there's a lot I still don't know and it seems more information is coming out. When it does, I'll try to include it here. At least enough to get people started with it. I probably went through well over 200 posts trying to find all of the pieces to get this far. And I asked questions and took a little guff for asking them, but that's ok. It's all good and we're all working toward having something that works.... and with enough information that people can actually use it :)

You can Thank Me later

Attached file contains the TES5Edit script required to export all female NPCs' BaseIDs in a manner which can be used for RaceMenu's BodyGen feature. The output of the script is written to a file.

Usage

Extract the contents of the 7z file into the "Edit Scripts" directory of your TES5Edit installation. Run TES5Edit afterwards and load the desired .esm or .esp. Select it and run the script via Ctrl+9 or right click on mod->Apply script. This GUI (however, empty on the first run) shows up: see GUI-1.png

Enter the randomization definitions for the different races according to your personal preferences and the settings in your templates.ini. Change the filename if desired, then hit the "Export" button. The script runs, depening on the esm/esp's size, this can take up to half a minute. In the end, in TES5Edit's message box, a summary of what was done is printed (example given below for Skyrim.esm, file location may vary):

Applying script...

9    Argonian

223    Breton

94    Dark Elf

116    High Elf

125    Imperial

13    Khajiit

267    Nord

31    Orc

73    Redguard

18    Wood Elf

969    NPCs of 5118 analyzed NPCs were exported to D:\Modding and Patches\Skyrim\TES5Edit 3.1.1-25859-3-1-1\morphs.ini

[Apply Script done] Processed Records: 869693, Elapsed Time: 00:38

The morphs.ini file was stored in the root directory of your TES5Edit installation. Copy this file into your BodyGen directory. Repeat this process for different .esm or .esp and append the content of the newly created morphs.ini to the existing one. Run Skyrim and have fun...

Setting-up BodyGen for those who have not done it yet

My relevant setup:

• SKSE 1.7.3
  • RaceMenu 3.2.2
  • BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio 2.7f
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended 3.13

Follow the instructions given here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39343-racemenu-v320b/

Create, e.g., the directory structure "meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\NPC Body Scale Randomizer.esp". Put the morphs.ini file created by the TES5Edit script inside this directory. Additionally, create a "templates.ini" file which defines the randomizations you assigned in the GUI of the script. For the example above, these contents could look like:

Belly = PregnancyBelly@0.5:1.0

Breasts = BreastSH@0.0:1.0 | BreastSSH@0.0:2.0, Breast@1.0, BreastCleavage@0.1:1.0, BreastGravity@0.1:1.0

Change the ranges, add or delete BodySlide options to your own liking. This can be done race-dependent, e.g.:

BreastsNord = ...

BreastsOrc = ...

BreastsRedguard = ...

Simply enter the approriate definitions in the GUI of the TES5Edit script: see GUI-2.png

If you want to assign special settings to a single NPC, it works analogously, but can only be done manually in the morphs.ini and templates.ini files.

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=206929

sunhawken, I'm not sure where or HOW you found that, but it looks like a very nice and useful tool!

I was actually going to grab a copy of your post and put it here. You just saved me the trouble! heheheh

Thanks again.

So... If I understand right, BodyGen allow to have different bodytipes for NPC and PC, in same armor/cloth?

Yes.

Build body and armors/clothes using a zeroed sliders preset. So body and armor are matching and the same shape.(slider values)

Then using BodyGen as outlined above, you can have NPCs using all different shapes available in BodySlide and all armors will fit no matter what body shape they use. The "morph file" make everything match up.

I noticed a thing in the OP.

You called some morphs "Breast" or "BreastSH". The actual names however, are "Breasts" and "BreastsSH" and "BreastsSSH" etc.

Some have the "s", some don't. Check BodySlide for the names.

Thanks, cell. I'll fix those. Will the names always be exactly as displayed in BodySlide as we see them next to the sliders?

I appreciate any corrections you find.

Correction made.

I also added a note that you need to have a blank NewLine at the end of the files 

And I added an explanation about where the names come from and how to check that they are spelled correctly.

I noticed a thing in the OP.

You called some morphs "Breast" or "BreastSH". The actual names however, are "Breasts" and "BreastsSH" and "BreastsSSH" etc.

Some have the "s", some don't. Check BodySlide for the names.

Thanks, cell. I'll fix those. Will the names always be exactly as displayed in BodySlide as we see them next to the sliders?

I appreciate any corrections you find.

BodySlide writes the displayed slider name into the TRI files as morphs, so yeah.

Thanks for the thread.  I finally got a clue of what's going on.

So BodyGen for NPC only works with Bodyslide sliders?  RM has sliders that does hand/arm and other body parts that Bodyslide does not have.

Also, for UUNP users, what about the hand and feet meshes?  Some presets require building its own UUNP hand and feet otherwise seams will appear.  BodyGen sounds like it's handling body only and not compatible with UUNP sliders using different hand and feet.

How do you regenerate all applied BodyGens?

Can BodyGen be turned off in the nioverride.ini? If so, try that and load + save your game.

I don't know if that clears the morphs, though. You might have to revert to a save where BodyGen was not active yet.

I should mention that you don't NEED to use BodyGen to take advantage of the "morph files".... the xxxxx.tri files generated by BodySlide.

Right now I have a profile where I built a default UUNP Special UNPB body. Morph files generated.

Then I built all armors and clothes to that same preset and generated morph files.

Now everyone in game uses pretty much the same body. Just the normal differences caused by weight.

But I can use Racemenu to alter my PC to make her body... "a little nicer" in whatever way I want. I can do the same with followers because I use EFF which gives me access to Racemenu for a follower. And... all armors and clothes fit (because of the tri files)

And if that errogant elf from Radiant Raimant pisses me off with her attitude, I can temporarily make her a follower, access her Racemenu, give her a big fat ass, and then say, "You know if you're going to the Blue Palace you might want to rethink that ASS!"

So even without taking advantage of all that BodyGen has to offer, the tri files still come in handy. :)

This might be a stupid question, but using Mod Organizer, do I still make the file location in the actual Skyrim folder?

You mean for the INI's? Doesn't matter, you can put them in your actual Skyrim or into an MO mod.

Oh right... When you mention that it's pretty obvious. Thanks

Okay so I think I got -some- sort of an idea of what is what, but I still feel very lost on the purpose and placement of most keywords. So far haven't had anything happen in-game.

I use CBBE, and I have these in my files:

morphs.ini: All|Female=CBBE,Breasts, Ass

templates.ini: Breasts=BreastsSH@-0.4:1.0 | Breasts@-2.0:0.0 |BreastCleavage@-0.5:1.0

| BreastGravity@-0.4:1.0 |BreastFlatness@-0.8:0.8 |BreastHeight@-0.8:0.8
| BreastPerkiness@0.0:1.0 |BreastsFantasy@-0.8:1.0 |BreastsSmall@-0.8:0.8
| BreastWidth@-0.4:0.4 | DoubleMelon@-0.8:1.0 | PushUp@-0.8:0.8
| NippleAreola@-0.8:1.0 | NippleDistance@-0.8:0.8 | NippleDown@-0.2:0.4
| NippleLength@-0.8:1.0 | NipplePerkiness@-0.8:1.0 | NippleSize@-0.8:1.0
| NippleTip@-0.2:0.2 | NippleUp@-0.2:0.4

Ass=AppleCheeks@-0.8:0.8 | BigButt@-0.8:0.8 | Butt@-0.8:0.8
| ButtCrack@-0.8:1.0 | ButtShape2@-1.0:1.0 | ButtSmall@-0.8:0.8
| ChubbyButt@-0.8:0.8 | RoundAss@-0.8:0.8 | Back@-0.8:0.8
| Belly@-0.8:0.8 | Bigbelly@-0.8:0.8 | BigTorso@-0.8:0.8
| ChubbyWaist@-0.8:0.8 | Hipbone@-0.8:0.8 | Hips@-0.8:0.8
| TummyTuck@-0.8:0.8
| Waist@-0.2:0.8
| WideWaistLine@-0.8:0.8
| Ankles@-0.8:0.8
| CalfSize@-0.8:0.8
| CalfSmooth@-0.8:0.8
| ChubbyLegs@-0.8:0.8
| KneeHeight@-0.8:0.8
| Legs@-0.8:0.8
| SlimThighs@-0.8:0.8
| Thighs@-0.8:0.8

And the file directory is racemenumorphsCBBE.esp which the files are placed in. 
I know I must be doing something monumentally wrong, but can't seem to understand.

Okay so I think I got -some- sort of an idea of what is what, but I still feel very lost on the purpose and placement of most keywords. So far haven't had anything happen in-game.

I use CBBE, and I have these in my files:

morphs.ini: All|Female=CBBE,Breasts, Ass

templates.ini: Breasts=BreastsSH@-0.4:1.0 | Breasts@-2.0:0.0 |BreastCleavage@-0.5:1.0

| BreastGravity@-0.4:1.0 |BreastFlatness@-0.8:0.8 |BreastHeight@-0.8:0.8
| BreastPerkiness@0.0:1.0 |BreastsFantasy@-0.8:1.0 |BreastsSmall@-0.8:0.8
| BreastWidth@-0.4:0.4 | DoubleMelon@-0.8:1.0 | PushUp@-0.8:0.8
| NippleAreola@-0.8:1.0 | NippleDistance@-0.8:0.8 | NippleDown@-0.2:0.4
| NippleLength@-0.8:1.0 | NipplePerkiness@-0.8:1.0 | NippleSize@-0.8:1.0
| NippleTip@-0.2:0.2 | NippleUp@-0.2:0.4

Ass=AppleCheeks@-0.8:0.8 | BigButt@-0.8:0.8 | Butt@-0.8:0.8
| ButtCrack@-0.8:1.0 | ButtShape2@-1.0:1.0 | ButtSmall@-0.8:0.8
| ChubbyButt@-0.8:0.8 | RoundAss@-0.8:0.8 | Back@-0.8:0.8
| Belly@-0.8:0.8 | Bigbelly@-0.8:0.8 | BigTorso@-0.8:0.8
| ChubbyWaist@-0.8:0.8 | Hipbone@-0.8:0.8 | Hips@-0.8:0.8
| TummyTuck@-0.8:0.8
| Waist@-0.2:0.8
| WideWaistLine@-0.8:0.8
| Ankles@-0.8:0.8
| CalfSize@-0.8:0.8
| CalfSmooth@-0.8:0.8
| ChubbyLegs@-0.8:0.8
| KneeHeight@-0.8:0.8
| Legs@-0.8:0.8
| SlimThighs@-0.8:0.8
| Thighs@-0.8:0.8

And the file directory is racemenumorphsCBBE.esp which the files are placed in. 
I know I must be doing something monumentally wrong, but can't seem to understand.

You didn't define the "CBBE" template, but I don't know if that matters. The rest should be correct. Make sure the RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp plugin is enabled and you built bodies and armor with morphs in BodySlide.

is it possible to make a specific race use a specific template?

example:  Nord|Female=NordBodyGen

Currently not, no.

Question regarding NPC texture sets with BodyGen:

NPC with its own textures has a defined set of skin/meshes.  This sounds like any NPC with its own texture, i.e. different from default would not be able to use BodyGen, even if the skin is linked to default body meshes?

NPC with its own textures has a defined set of skin/meshes.  This sounds like any NPC with its own texture, i.e. different from default would not be able to use BodyGen, even if the skin is linked to default body meshes?

BodyGen has nothing to do with textures or meshes, all that matters is that the meshes have to have morphs built and linked to them. Build a body in BodySlide with morphs, then copy/paste the _0/_1.nif of body (and feet/hands) into the race's/follower's folder. The TRI file doesn't have to be copied.

BodyGen has nothing to do with textures or meshes, all that matters is that the meshes have to have morphs built and linked to them. Build a body in BodySlide with morphs, then copy/paste the _0/_1.nif of body (and feet/hands) into the race's/follower's folder. The TRI file doesn't have to be copied.

OK, I am still trying to understand this.  Sounds to me the best way to give custom follower unique texture/shape is to point follower's skin to default BodyGen body (and not using her own meshes), define her shape in BodyGen ini, link her skin to her own texture.  And all BodySlide (UUNP armor/cloth will fit?

So Bodyslide is really just a preview tool going forward?  For BodyGen to work best we should just have one all-sliders-0 body (for UUNP, that would be CBBE shape) and define the Bodyslide presets in the ini files?  What would be the reason for NPC to have their own nif files?

Just to bump my earlier unanswered question: Does BodyGen include Racemenu's own sliders in addition to Bodyslide's?

Thanks