What am I doing wrong?

I've got my mods pared down to almost nothing to avoid potential conflicts, and I've got SKSE, CBBE, and RaceMenu installed.

My character looks normal to start with, but when I eat anything she does gain weight, but her hands detach from her wrists and her arms clip through her body.

55Tdskl1.jpg

You need the HDT Physics Extensions installed, otherwise the in-game morphs can break meshes. This is a RaceMenu (NiOverride) bug.

What am I doing wrong?

I've got my mods pared down to almost nothing to avoid potential conflicts, and I've got SKSE, CBBE, and RaceMenu installed.

My character looks normal to start with, but when I eat anything she does gain weight, but her hands detach from her wrists and her arms clip through her body.

55Tdskl1.jpg

You need the HDT Physics Extensions installed, otherwise the in-game morphs can break meshes. This is a RaceMenu (NiOverride) bug.

Bingo, that did it!  Thanks for the solution!

I'm playing around with doing a mod that includes doing some body morphs and am using WeightMorphs as a guide.  Thanks to your tip about installing HDT, I got them working.

In addition, I was wondering if some other things are possible to change in game with Papyrus:

1. Face morphs
  2. Face textures
  3. Body textures

Impossible in Papyrus?

I'm playing around with doing a mod that includes doing some body morphs and am using WeightMorphs as a guide.  Thanks to your tip about installing HDT, I got them working.

In addition, I was wondering if some other things are possible to change in game with Papyrus:

1. Face morphs
  2. Face textures
  3. Body textures

Impossible in Papyrus?

No to all three.

The only thing you can (reliably) change are textures of outfits using the NiOverride scripts.

Not body or face textures, though.

1. Face morphs
  2. Face textures
  3. Body textures

Impossible in Papyrus?

No to all three.

The only thing you can (reliably) change are textures of outfits using the NiOverride scripts.

Not body or face textures, though.

I suspected as much.  Thanks for the quick reply!

• 4 weeks later...

Patch request... Beeing female

In the latest version of Beeing female, my pregnant character is non-stop eating. I can hear the munching of food every now and then, the food in my inventory is being eaten. But no weight is gained...

Any chance of a patch for Being female, so when my character munches on food in the background, weight is gained from the various food eaten...

Patch request... Beeing female

In the latest version of Beeing female, my pregnant character is non-stop eating. I can hear the munching of food every now and then, the food in my inventory is being eaten. But no weight is gained...

Any chance of a patch for Being female, so when my character munches on food in the background, weight is gained from the various food eaten...

Why you do not ask your question in the thread of Beeing female?
It is the task of the author of Beeing female to replace the outdated node scaling or to make a patch as an optional download.

By the way: Beeing female - now also support for food - or you have other mods installed?
  • 3 months later...

I just now stumbled across this mod and will check it out.  I think there was an earlier question about vampire feeding being factored in, but I was wondering if the Ring of Namira and feeding is also factored in at all? (and whether that is heavy or medium).

edited...

The ring feeding doesn't appear to be factored in, probably due to no actual food being consumed.  But otherwise, I do like the mod and the visual response to meals and activity.  I have never really liked the "need" type of mods but do like this type of "cause and effect" mod.  Great mod.

Awesome idea, but I don't understad how it works actually. I imagined that it would somewhat scale you between 0% and 100% presets you set in Bodyslide (via morphs in game) and that way you could predict your desired min/max body.

But it doesn't seem to work like that. It adds some hardcoded scales on top of your 0 or 100 weight or what?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am playing with this mod for quite some time now and I love it. Thx for making it.

There is one thing on my wishlist though. I really would like to see a parameter for a daily weightloss. Even if a character is not doing much (like reading in spell tomes) he is burning some kalories. A weightloss every X hours would really be great.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/1/2015 at 6:53 AM, ousnius said:

I didn't do it for NPCs because it could be quite a bit of a performance impact (especially the losing weight part with the animation events) and generally isn't noticed that easily, except for maybe followers, because you look at them all the time.

So I kept it limited to the player for some immersion/fun with optional gameplay effects.

Really old post, but would you be able ot tell me how I might get this to work for specific NPCs through CK? If It's set to only activate for the player, then wouldn't it be possible ot then copy the mod and change variables to target a single NPC? Or would that be too difficult. (Not asking you to do that specifically, moreso just asking to the viability, and if so how to go about it. I tried this myself with little results, due to not being able to set the reference to the specific NPC.)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/13/2017 at 7:12 AM, QuietPippin said:

Great mod but it causes stuttering for some reason.

How would you rate the performance impact?

I used WeightMorphs in the past I did not have any particular problem (rather then setting it up for my taste), but now I have a rather heavy but stable mod setup and don't want to break it. So is it neglectible or should I be cautious? 

I would love to train my fat cow to some fitness again, counteracting slowdown by Wear and Tear, SGO, milk and such. For roleplay I considered traveling by foot but nay, why do it, why even bother, if you are slowed anyways and there are no benefits... you see.

55 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:

How would you rate the performance impact?

I used WeightMorphs in the past I did not have any particular problem (rather then setting it up for my taste), but now I have a rather heavy but stable mod setup and don't want to break it. So is it neglectible or should I be cautious? 

I would love to train my fat cow to some fitness again, counteracting slowdown by Wear and Tear, SGO, milk and such. For roleplay I considered traveling by foot but nay, why do it, why even bother, if you are slowed anyways and there are no benefits... you see.

I have used this mod for a long time with a very heavy set up, it hasn't caused me any problems :3

1 hour ago, Risamei said:

I have used this mod for a long time with a very heavy set up, it hasn't caused me any problems :3

Already installing :D

================================

I have an mod idea, which could be incorporated into WeightMorphs, i think. As was mentioned before WeightMorphs is feature complete as it is, but I think I should ask at least, if it could be implemented as an addon, before knocking on other doors.

Sorry better not bother adding that to WeightMorphs (see below)

Update:

Sadly I have to report serious problems with CPU-load and framedrops if WeightMorphs is enabled ingame.

In a small interior cell CPU-load rises from 50% to 90% resulting in framedrops from stable 60 fps to ~40, feeling like 10 fps from the stuttering.

I think now i remember why I did not use it for a long time, although I love the idea...

My CPU (Phenom II - 955 Black @ 3.6 Ghz) is rather old, but it can handle my optimized and heavily modded Oldrim fluently, without much hassle, but it seems it does not have the capacity for WeightMorphs ontop of that.

I don't know if it is just the juice or the CPU-architecture, but I cannot recommend to use it, at least on old (AMD) CPUs - the stuttering is real and very extensive! I don't know how 

I mean double the CPU-load - WTF ---> unstable game

59 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:

I have an mod idea, which could be incorporated into WeightMorphs, i think. As was mentioned before WeightMorphs is feature complete as it is, but I think I should ask at least, if it could be implemented as an addon, before knocking on other doors.

Good idea i cant live without this mod ?

1 hour ago, hexenhaus said:

Sorry better not bother adding that to WeightMorphs (see below)

Update:

Sadly I have to report serious problems with CPU-load and framedrops if WeightMorphs is enabled ingame.

In a small interior cell CPU-load rises from 50% to 90% resulting in framedrops from stable 60 fps to ~40, feeling like 10 fps from the stuttering.

I think now i remember why I did not use it for a long time, although I love the idea...

My CPU (Phenom II - 955 Black @ 3.6 Ghz) is rather old, but it can handle my optimized and heavily modded Oldrim fluently, without much hassle, but it seems it does not have the capacity for WeightMorphs ontop of that.

I don't know if it is just the juice or the CPU-architecture, but I cannot recommend to use it on old (AMD) CPUs - the stuttering is real and very extensive!

I mean double the CPU-load - WTF ---> unstable game

Try attached. Only applies morph changes once every 10 minutes rather than every few seconds. (Changes in Event OnUpdate() event if you want to change the frequency youself and recompile).

WeightMorphs10Mins.7z

Notes :- Just the applicable script so you need the main mod and also make a backup of your current version in case you want to go back. I assume the original update shortness time was to give good promo shots of it in action. (i.e.. eat lots of stuff, get fat quickly).

1 hour ago, spoonsinger said:

Try attached. Only applies morph changes once every 10 minutes rather than every few seconds. (Changes in Event OnUpdate() event if you want to change the frequency youself and recompile).

WeightMorphs10Mins.7z

Notes :- Just the applicable script so you need the main mod and also make a backup of your current version in case you want to go back. I assume the original update shortness time was to give good promo shots of it in action. (i.e.. eat lots of stuff, get fat quickly).

Thx, will try it and report back.

By the way, I have a more general question regarding scripts:

Would it be feasable to just replace the script and it works or do I have to clean my save if I change a script? I am not sure how the script loading works and when I have to do a clean save our can just update a script(mod).

So that if the delay is not to my liking i can just alter the value, restart the game and am good to go?

==========

Update:

What a difference! Unplayable vs no impact at all! - Should be mentioned on the mod page!

PS: I changed the delay to 140 s, so it will not collide with other updates like MME's 1hour/120s schedule, but is still somewhat relatable to the stuff consumed.

1 hour ago, hexenhaus said:

Would it be feasable to just replace the script and it works or do I have to clean my save if I change a script? I am not sure how the script loading works and when I have to do a clean save our can just update a script(mod).

So that if the delay is not to my liking i can just alter the value, restart the game and am good to go?

==========

Update:

What a difference! Unplayable vs no impact at all! - Should be mentioned on the mod page!

Shouldn't need to do a clean as it's just a code logic change. Anyway hope it helps, you can probably lower the timings a bit.

Edit

Cool, I might lower it myself. (I think my 8120 is probably similar to your potato)

Any way to setup items to be ignored by WM? I know i can set the weight impact for categories or for all mod food, but that is rather brute force. Would be cool if there was another keyword to exclude certain items, like INeeds water-items... which I already changed to being potions instead of food - which lessens the impact but still.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:00 AM, hexenhaus said:

==========

Update:

PS: I changed the delay to 140 s, so it will not collide with other updates like MME's 1hour/120s schedule, but is still somewhat relatable to the stuff consumed.

Would you mind sharing the delayed version ?  the problem I had with the mod was that a bunch of the outfits and armors I use for UUNP have a lot of vertices so them updating so fast caused the stutter.