• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I'm use to having a software download my mods for me, I dont suppose anyone could tell me exactly how to download this the proper way?

Go the first page, scroll to the bottom of the first post, and find the "download" link. Usually is the last thing in the post.

Once on the Download page, click the big green "Download" button in the top right.

Click the Download button corresponding to the version you want to download, and wait for the 10-15second delay to finish.

Save the mod somewhere safe.

Open your favorite Mod Organizer, and add the mod.

Continue like before.

So, I'm use to having a software download my mods for me, I dont suppose anyone could tell me exactly how to download this the proper way?

Go the first page, scroll to the bottom of the first post, and find the "download" link. Usually is the last thing in the post.

Once on the Download page, click the big green "Download" button in the top right.

Click the Download button corresponding to the version you want to download, and wait for the 10-15second delay to finish.

Continue like before.

so do LooT and BOSS count as mod organizers XD

Continue like before.

Nope. BOSS (IIRC) is an older and unsupported version of LooT. Both of them arrange your plugin load order, to ensure the mods load masters before the other stuff and generally reduce conflicts/crashes. Mod Organizers do just that, organize your mods so you can keep track of what mods are activated. The best one is *ahem* Mod Organizer. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

If you are still using Nexus Mod Manager, fine, but Mod Organizer lets you keep your skyrim install clean. Do yourself a favor and use Mod Organizer. There is a step-by-step guide floating around on the STEP Wiki, you should be able to google for it.... or just click here http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

Yeah, it's a lengthy guide, but it's worth it in the long run. Makes things much easier, and I can't imagine trying to keep my mods *ahem* organized without it.

Continue like before.

Nope. BOSS (IIRC) is an older and unsupported version of LooT. Both of them arrange your plugin load order, to ensure the mods load masters before the other stuff and generally reduce conflicts/crashes. Mod Organizers do just that, organize your mods so you can keep track of what mods are activated. The best one is *ahem* Mod Organizer. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

If you are still using Nexus Mod Manager, fine, but Mod Organizer lets you keep your skyrim install clean. Do yourself a favor and use Mod Organizer. There is a step-by-step guide floating around on the STEP Wiki, you should be able to google for it.... or just click here http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

Yeah, it's a lengthy guide, but it's worth it in the long run. Makes things much easier, and I can't imagine trying to keep my mods *ahem* organized without it.

Hah, i think i will have to check it out, thank you tons. also I got this mod working and now there are two krystals and a Krymson running around skyrim XD (Krymson is litterally crimson krystal lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to create this? From whence did the knowledge come of creating custom characters with headparts and all?

What is custom about the custom animations?

How long?  I couldn't really tell you.  A lot of this was put together in a piecemeal fashion, so I don't really have an estimate.

The headparts and morphs were made in blender.  I made some of the parts originally for a different race a long time ago. This is what I used to make the .tri files.  Other than the instuctions on that page, a lot of stuff was learned through trial and error.

As for the custom animations, I guess you're refering to the animation swap feature?  It just allows you to swap your character's animations between the two main behavior sets for humanoid characters (DefaultMale.hkx and DefaultFemale.hkx).  It also lets you swap to an excluse player character animation path, if you have that installed.

Did you create all the head morphs and such as well? That's alot of effort, wow.

Point is I learn many things after spending hours doing them on my own or writing some method to do something when there is a 5 minute way to get things done. Learning about existing guides or techniques is useful, or if work being done is taking far longer than others have indicated it should take, there's probably something to change about the approach. I had never looked into the process of making custom races previously.

This is what I used to make the .tri files

I realized after posting this, I assumed you used blender, lol. If not, oh well.

I tried cobbling together a .tri-file importer and exporter for blender 2.5+ (2.5+, not 7.5 )from a previous plugin built for 2.49..  If you are brave and have few minutes to be guinea pig, see if this works for you, heh. Only tester for both import/export so far is myself. The exporter is 'brute force', so it can take awhile on things like the head meshes with 40+ shape keys.. give it a couple minutes. .txt files are just .py blender plugins.

I've yet to try any of the .tri files with the "mod vertices" style of data.

Only works on .tri files with one mesh object so far.. didn't properly handle multiple shapes in the files

I'm sure someone with actual programming experience can improve this tremendously. It's GPL, so go ahead.

io_export_trinew.txt

io_import_trinew.txt

I have 2.49, 2.67, and 2.73 installed.  I don't have any installations from the 2.5x series.  I tried it in both the 2.6 and 2.7, and it wouldn't show up in the list and It wouldn't load when I tried adding the scripts directly.  I'm guessing it'll only work in version 2.5x?

Inexperience and sloppiness, heh. Once I got the plugin working, I left it alone. One form of slopiness is that there are leftover "imports" that aren't needed anymore. The inexperience is not realizing the extent that the API is changing between blender versions. I cannot just say "works with blender 2.5+" apparently since there are non-trivial changes between each version. I commented out a few libraries that don't actually exist in 2.73 and changed the mesh.validate() to remove the option not implemented in 2.73.

Try this..

It should also be pointed out that .tri files generated by bodyslide (chargen .tri files, I guess they would be) are not in the same format as the .tri files used directly by the game. I created a separate bodyslide .tri importer (no exporter) for a test, but shouldn't really need it anyway.. just export OBJ from bodyslide and import the OBJs as shapekeys onto the base in blender if needed.

TriFileIn-Out_2.73.7z

Archived