NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

@prinyo

Thanks for the explanation and @ElfPrince thanks for the link

So prinyo this is only related to the data folder. Correct. So what about any special items like say NVSE plugins that have been edited? That would alter the file and perhaps make NMM think that it is not the file it was.

IN any case this seems to have cleared up one of the main complaints that MO users had about NMM ... clean data folder. Provided this does work and continues to work (the complexities of this must be staggering :)) it solved the problem of dirty folder in a very unique way on part with MO. Towards the end of MO I never gotten dirty mod removal but it the beginning I did.

The next thing they need (if they don't already have it and I just missed it ) is the "fix mods" option where the mods are ordered like they were with a particular mod with reports of what mods were used during that time. If they add it to the feature they wanted to add where you can rebuild the mod folder (direct downloads of mods from Nexus in mass ) then this too would be some pretty great additions for the common user.

FALLOUT 4 NMM v 0.63.9 Report

I updated the manager as requested. I then wnent to check for updated mods etc. As expected not many needed to be updated as I done this shortly before on the last version and gotten rid of all the old outdated or just plain bad mods that wouldn't work anymore. (lots of work that was) Anyway it shown one mod Vendor Caps that needed an update. Went to Nexus using the link.. downloaded thorugh the link and waited for it to install. It installed and still shows the triangle which means it needs an update. There is no other version greater on that page (some mods pages the optoinal might have a higher version and Nexus and NMM can't figure that out. This isn't best but not a fault of NMM the modders having this setup are the ones that should be working on this) Anyway thought it should be reported that there are some bad reports of files needing to be updated with Fallout 4.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2832/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D2832&pUp=1

Used the new "Purge" option on my system and so far seems to have done no harm (again for Fallout 4). It was very fast and really should have been considering I am quite careful and watch my data folder with NMM and just recently cleaned up the main data folder when updating my mods list after finishing a "run" so there shouldn't be any files left there. (really there shouldn't ever be any files left over from an install or uninstall with a mod manager but I digress ;)) If this proves to work well then NMM has solved some of the main complaints about it from MO users (as mentioned above) and I believe a firm and solid step towards the correct direction. We don't know what Tannin will be doing with NMM or what directions he will be taking with NMM but this looks like a good example of what might be on the horizon.

I just installed very large mod, 620 MB (contains meshes, textures, armors and different body types), and NMM did it pretty fast, in 13 seconds. Yeap, this version is very fast :)

Yeah the speed of it is incredible, It used to take me like 1 hour to install DynDOLOD but with this new version it takes less than 20 minutes, which by comparison is a huge gap. I've had a reply back about the issue I had and they're now aware that this issue happened on 0.63.9 so not sure whether that means they'll try and patch it (whatever it is) or whether they'll put it down to my specific system, I'll update here when I find out more.

Yeah the speed of it is incredible, It used to take me like 1 hour to install DynDOLOD but with this new version it takes less than 20 minutes, which by comparison is a huge gap. I've had a reply back about the issue I had and they're now aware that this issue happened on 0.63.9 so not sure whether that means they'll try and patch it (whatever it is) or whether they'll put it down to my specific system, I'll update here when I find out more.

Thanks rebel. I checked for your post on NMM but couldn't find it. When said "checked" I meant wanted to see if anybody replied.

Anyhow. Thanks for tests you're doing and great help you providing :)

Yeah I can confirm, I've tried it on Elder Scrolls Online and Skyrim Special Edition and both times when switching profiles the mod list is carried over and when I install or uninstall a mod on Profile B for example, it's mirrored in Profile A when I switch back.

Thank you very much, Rebel.

Yeah I can confirm, I've tried it on Elder Scrolls Online and Skyrim Special Edition and both times when switching profiles the mod list is carried over and when I install or uninstall a mod on Profile B for example, it's mirrored in Profile A when I switch back.

Sorry I don't use profiles.

About profiles.

Hello Elf.

Can you tell me what should I do with FNIS, where I have a profile of different animation mod than in another?

First, I would recommend to wait for new NMM version because this one has a bug with profiles. It is recommended to not to create profiles.

But in earlier versions, before SSE, when I switched between the profiles, NMM always opened a new screen recommending to run FNIS. Just run it and you should be fine.

About profiles.

Hello Elf.

Can you tell me what should I do with FNIS, where I have a profile of different animation mod than in another?

First, I would recommend to wait for new NMM version because this one has a bug with profiles. It is recommended to not to create profiles.

But in earlier versions, before SSE, when I switched between the profiles, NMM always opened a new screen recommending to run FNIS. Just run it and you should be fine.

Thank you for your suggestion.

About profiles.

Hello Elf.

Yes.. Elf Prince is correct as usual :P

Anytime you even think there might be some animation issues.. Run FNIS and let it do its thing. It won't hurt anything and will prevent you having to exit the game because of the T pose etc happening. Takes a few moments.

While at it if you have a JContainer or even other tools you need to run and don't have an mod entry for it.. run it also to be sure. If you have a mod entry with all the files already there for that profile I believe it should be safe but not 100% I don't use profiles in NMM (I used them in MO and the principle is basically the same for this. Have to have the files current and updated)

About profiles.

Hello Elf.

Yes.. Elf Prince is correct as usual :P

Anytime you even think there might be some animation issues.. Run FNIS and let it do its thing. It won't hurt anything and will prevent you having to exit the game because of the T pose etc happening. Takes a few moments.

While at it if you have a JContainer or even other tools you need to run and don't have an mod entry for it.. run it also to be sure. If you have a mod entry with all the files already there for that profile I believe it should be safe but not 100% I don't use profiles in NMM (I used them in MO and the principle is basically the same for this. Have to have the files current and updated)

I think JContainer can be critical to my profile.

Also, the Bashed Patch I think you should keep an eye on may be different from one profile to another.

This is going to be a big headache.

Perhaps the advice of Elf not to create profiles and the best care. :D

Also, the Bashed Patch I think you should keep an eye on may be different from one profile to another.

I think you can make a profile specific Bashed Patch provided you have a reliable naming convention to be sure you don't accidentally use a Bashed Patch from one Profile to another.

You could do that and name them accordingly (Example: Bashed patch xx.esp (xx = name of profile)) but then your faced with the problem of disabling and enabling the bashed patches depending on which profile your using.

While it's only a 1 tick process it could very quickly become a nightmare if you just once happened to forget to do that, load up the game and you get a CTD and you spend hours trying things and end up disabling mods only to have even more errors, at the moment NMM is a little bit awkward, but the only decent alternative is WryeBash and I'm not keen on using that full time

Setting up profile specific Bashed patches would require some care and attention to make sure they were activated and deactivated in line with the profile being used.

I have had one other person respond and say they too are having problems, their issue is concerning mods not loading in game, mods deactivating themselves and edits in FalloutCustom.ini not sticking, not sure it's the same issue as I reported but it's still an issue, any further updates I'll report here.

I think you can make a profile specific Bashed Patch provided you have a reliable naming convention to be sure you don't accidentally use a Bashed Patch from one Profile to another.

You could do that and name them accordingly (Example: Bashed patch xx.esp (xx = name of profile)) but then your faced with the problem of disabling and enabling the bashed patches depending on which profile your using.

While it's only a 1 tick process it could very quickly become a nightmare if you just once happened to forget to do that, load up the game and you get a CTD and you spend hours trying things and end up disabling mods only to have even more errors, at the moment NMM is a little bit awkward, but the only decent alternative is WryeBash and I'm not keen on using that full time

Setting up profile specific Bashed patches would require some care and attention to make sure they were activated and deactivated in line with the profile being used.

MO had excellent Profile managament. None of the issues you mention provided you were careful to make sure you had the proper mods or patches clicked.

Yes.. this isn't a MO thread. :P I mention this because now Tannin is working on NMM. I am pretty sure he will work something out that will help the "awkward" profile system that NMM has. Hopefully in the near future you (NMM uses) will have a Profiles system on par to that MO users enjoyed.

Based on Elf Princes report and others above (I believe it was Elf Prince :)) NMM is much faster now than it ever was in installing the mods. Likely due to Tanning working on some of the background code. It should only get better in the coming months now that NMM stolen Tannin from MO. :@  (LOL)

Yes.. this isn't a MO thread. :P I mention this because now Tannin is working on NMM. I am pretty sure he will work something out that will help the "awkward" profile system that NMM has. Hopefully in the near future you (NMM uses) will have a Profiles system on par to that MO users enjoyed.

Based on Elf Princes report and others above (I believe it was Elf Prince :)) NMM is much faster now than it ever was in installing the mods. Likely due to Tanning working on some of the background code. It should only get better in the coming months now that NMM stolen Tannin from MO. :@  (LOL)

Personally, I'm thrilled with the news that Mr. Tannin is working on NMM. I have psoitive thoughts about it and I believe he will do a great job. There's no reason for not doing it. If the MO was, according to the MO users, perfect, new "NMM" would be perfect too. Just hope it won't be so complicated for use as MO. ;):P

Yea, the latest NMM version has screwed "Profiles" usage, but it is muuuuch faster then earlier versions. Some things are also improved, and some things screwed, but knowing NMM team, they will fix it pretty quick.

Personally, I'm thrilled with the news that Mr. Tannin is working on NMM. I have psoitive thoughts about it and I believe he will do a great job. There's no reason for not doing it. If the MO was, according to the MO users, perfect, new "NMM" would be perfect too. Just hope it won't be so complicated for use as MO. ;):P

Yea, the latest NMM version has screwed "Profiles" usage, but it is muuuuch faster then earlier versions. Some things are also improved, and some things screwed, but knowing NMM team, they will fix it pretty quick.

I believe Dark One made the commitment that NMM would remain simple to reassure NMM users that they will not have a complex mod manager. AT least not more complex than is needed to be.

The issues we are having with NMM now is likely due to major changes to the core components that Tannin is doing with his team. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

I believe Dark One made the commitment that NMM would remain simple to reassure NMM users that they will not have a complex mod manager. AT least not more complex than is needed to be.

The issues we are having with NMM now is likely due to major changes to the core components that Tannin is doing with his team. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

Hearing this great news all I can say is:

4325.gif

So many users are commenting on the profiles bug which you mentioned to me EP, and one has now mentioned that version 61.6 is managing their profiles properly, I haven't fully tested this as yet because I'm not sure I want to downgrade while I have FO4 mods working so well, Just thought I would pass this message along, since no authority powers have acknowledged the bug exists as yet, and nothing more has been done or said about the issue I have posted either, but as promised I will keep you up to date as things change.

So many users are commenting on the profiles bug which you mentioned to me EP, and one has now mentioned that version 61.6 is managing their profiles properly, I haven't fully tested this as yet because I'm not sure I want to downgrade while I have FO4 mods working so well, Just thought I would pass this message along, since no authority powers have acknowledged the bug exists as yet, and nothing more has been done or said about the issue I have posted either, but as promised I will keep you up to date as things change.

Thanks for this info Rebel.

I have 0.61.23 version still saved on my computer. If people wants it, I can re-upload it to my OP.

New tip:

Downloading is incomplete...

if you get message that download id incomplete, try to re download mod(s) or click on the mod in the download manager and hit Resume, it means some file parts didn't complete.. If the message is still shows up, download mod manually and install it. The problem persist due to "Servers are being hammered" ..... 

If you can download them manually but you get issues through NMM then it's just the NMM server that's being hammered and sadly there's no way around it until the Skyrim SE hype settles (you can resume the incomplete downloads instead of re-downloading them from scratch).

As for the missing mods in the list you may want to click the small arrow beside the "Category" button at the bottom of the left bar, select "Update and Reset to Nexus defaults".

• 2 weeks later...

V0.63.9

Fallout 4

Issue:

Strange, nonbreaking issue. I was updating some mods I think I might want to use when I ever get back to playing that game. Well checked the author and went to download another (Expired was the author) since he is working on F4SE I thought I use his better generators. I wasn't sure if I had it but if I did it would give me a prompt and I would just say no to it. Well the issue is it didn't. It just downloaded it and silently added it. 

post-89432-0-82611400-1481376150_thumb.jpg

Well one would guess I went back in time as I installed it in October but downloaded it in December :P Don't think it hurts anything. I'd guess it is just like if you installed over the mod. However... with complex installs this can be troublesome if one don't realize it happened as it might possibly overwrite some other mods you installed (mess up the install order) and as  a result some textures/meshes might be the winner that you didn't want to win and then have to go back through and reinstall the mods that should be installed after a base mods. Example a body mod then you want a body texture. If you reinstall that body again without realizing it... then it would replace the body texture you installed later by overwriting it. No prompts no changes. This mod should have given all sort of flags since I had files in the game already. However didn't give a single one.