NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

Still current. Can't log on to Nexus servers through NMM :(

Really wish they would have that up even if it is for a short time daily that we can go and do some work for updates and such.

Sorry to hear that, my friend. I can. I just downloaded few mods via NMM and also "fixed" some ID's

Still current. Can't log on to Nexus servers through NMM :(

Really wish they would have that up even if it is for a short time daily that we can go and do some work for updates and such.

Sorry to hear that, my friend. I can. I just downloaded few mods via NMM and also "fixed" some ID's

Thanks for the assist. I just checked and now i am also updated and did some of the minor work needed to my Fallout 4 folder.

I will likely wait for a bit to rework my Skyrim SE and add mods until things settle down for that and the Nexus so I can get what I need without the added drama and also likely better mods as any fixes would have been done :)

ritual - glad to hear it works for you now. :)

As for SSE, I'm still waiting for bug fixes, SL, SKUI and other mods to be done first.

Im good with some basic tools and mods to this. Some texture and meshes improvements a few basic mods and such is fine. I can still start up my old Skyrim with the other mods to do those quest and such that require SKSE and other tools. :)

Im good with some basic tools and mods to this. Some texture and meshes improvements a few basic mods and such is fine. I can still start up my old Skyrim with the other mods to do those quest and such that require SKSE and other tools. :)

Would you mind tell me how you're doing that?

I'm eager to play SSE but don't because of named reasons. But if you can "teach" me how to run both, I might try SSE.

btw - I like your new avatar (because she is a female :P ), but liked the previous one better ;)

I am able to connect now but it's still not fetching the parsed data the way it should, so it seems even when it's up and able to connect it still remains in a semi usable state, which isn't great for those of us who have to rely on it more, I have to go through and check my mod list manually for updates since the update function doesn't notify me anymore, it's a real drag with over 200 mods loaded, hopefully they'll either bring it back online soon or they'll have a new manager for us to tinker with.

Would you mind tell me how you're doing that?

I'm eager to play SSE but don't because of named reasons. But if you can "teach" me how to run both, I might try SSE.

btw - I like your new avatar (because she is a female :P ), but liked the previous one better ;)

The old Skyrim is still there. Just need to run the game.. Mine is still modded and ready to go.

I can still have my Skyrim the way it was until the new Skyrim has been able to be properly updated.

A new tip:

There was a rant on Nexus bug report site that (quote): NMM 0.63.6 - can download and install, but not activate mods.

After the diagnose of the problem, it was discovered the the problem wasn't in NMM, but at user's end. Here is what Kalikona answered (quote).

"The reason you are not finding those three mods in the plugins tab is simply because they are purely texture replacer mods, there are no plugins for those mods. For future reference, before you download any mod, make sure you check the zip content preview (the magnifying glass next to the files when you download them) to see if there are esp files (plugins) in the first place. I do not recommend manual installation if you can avoid it. Before you decide that the NMM isn't installing your mods, check in-game to see if those texture changes have occurred to be certain."

NMM 0.63.7 is out

Version 0.63.7Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: Bugfixes
  1. Fixed a rare crash when multiple downloads fails at the same time.
  2. Updated mod list library to address some random crashes and performance issues.
  3. Fixed issue causing No Man's Sky specific mod list commands to show on other game modes.
  4. Fixed issue causing NMM to create an useless folder in the Local folder.
  5. Tentative fix for a XML startup crash.
  6. Mod upgrades should now work as intended.
  7. Fixed rare registry related startup crash.
  8. Fixed issues causing the Backup procedure to ignore the check for free space on the selected backup drive.
  9. Fixed an ini related Fallout 4 game mode crash.

Download: my OP under NMM - downloads (Virus free rar installers): or you can go directly to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods...ds/modmanager/?

NMM 0.63.8 is out

Version 0.63.8Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

1. Fixed Fallout4 DLC plugins being written in the plugins.txt file.
  2. Added DLCNukaWorld to the official plugin list for FO4.
  3. Fixed a typo in the download manager.
  4. Fixed issue that could cause the mod lists in the virtualinstall folder and the one in modprofiles to desync.
  5. Fixed an issue that could cause the xml config files to become corrupt and unreadable.
  6. Added a function to automatically fix a corrupt profile modlist.xml
  7. Fixed issue that could cause the uninstall function to save the modlist file more than once slowing down the whole process.
  8. Fixed a BackupManager crash when the function was unable to find a file flagged for backup.
  9. Updated the 7z 32bit dll.

Download: my OP under NMM - downloads (Virus free rar installers): or you can go directly to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods...ds/modmanager/?

NMM 0.63.9 is out

Version 0.63.9 Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

1. Tweaked the mod search functionality both on client and server side to prevent false positives when trying to recognize Skyrim mods when in Skyrim SE game mode. When installing a Skyrim mod into Skyrim SE then the mod will be left as the original filename or as the mod name hardcoded by the author in the info.xml file and there will be no possibility of an automatic upgrade. Please note, this is not backwards compatible with old versions of NMM and it's not retroactive.
  2. Fixed an issue causing the program to crash when checking for mod updates.
  3. Fixed a long-standing bug while parsing filenames preventing proper recognition of specific mod files (the ones with long version numbers).
  4. Fixed an issue with the "Purge loose files" functionality.
  5. Fixed a profile update crash.

I just upgraded to 0.63.9 and so far so good, not had any plugins deactivate themselves this time, I didn't suffer any of the crashes they listed so I can't test those out, but my experience so far is it's as stable as the last version was.

I did days worth of testing and installing mods but then I forgot to check for errors in TES5Edit and noticed a whole load of errors in some mods so cleaning had to ensue, now my playtime has gone until that's done, but testing and playing is definitely good fun.

I just upgraded to 0.63.9 and so far so good, not had any plugins deactivate themselves this time, I didn't suffer any of the crashes they listed so I can't test those out, but my experience so far is it's as stable as the last version was.

I did days worth of testing and installing mods but then I forgot to check for errors in TES5Edit and noticed a whole load of errors in some mods so cleaning had to ensue, now my playtime has gone until that's done, but testing and playing is definitely good fun.

Thanks again.

Yea, i read on NMM "Bug report" forum that some people having crashes when checking for mod upgrades with the latest version.

I did install 0.63.9 version and I clicked "check for updates" icon and NMM did its job without any problem.

The only "problem I have (but is is present in all 0.60.+ versions an above) is correct recognistion of ENBoost version. I have installed 6.3 version but NMM showing that there is a newest 6.1 version present on Nexus. lol.

post-894077-0-77715500-1479435850_thumb.png

I didn't check that, guess I was lucky in that sense, I did just check for updates on my 280+ list of mods and it was done in less than 10 seconds, blisteringly fast compared to previous versions. As for the version number problem with ENBoost Crash fixes, that's an issue the author as created by listing the download as 6.1 and the mod page version as 6.3, leaves the mod user confused.

This page shows what I mean ENBoost Crash Fix

Notice how the Version number next to the endorsements is 6.3,but the number on the main download is 6.1, inconsistencies can be confusing but it's easy enough to figure out with the right help :D

Bear in mind though that this could also be caused by the sudden change in users at nexus and them having to turn off the version checker for nmm, least you know it's up to date.

Had a rather strange error happen today which I likely will be unable to reproduce, and certainly have no idea how on earth it happened

I updated Devious Devices mods and an animation mod, removed DynDOLOD.esp and my bashed patch (I'm reworking my list and merging mods) and restarted NMM to update the plugin list, upon doing so the majority of my plugins were deactivated and trying to activate the plugins en masse with the NMM feature it would crash the program.

As I figured this problem was linked to the plugin list, I went to the appdata folder and checked my plugin.txt file and oddly enough it had file lines in there from the Fallout 4 Data folder which was corrupting my plugin list in NMM, I had to copy my plugin list from NMM and paste it into the plugin.txt file and save it for the changes to take effect, then restarted NMM and mass enabled all my plugins and they all activated with no more crashes.

No idea how that happened but thought I should share this in case others have a similar issue and can't figure it out.

Had a rather strange error happen today which I likely will be unable to reproduce, and certainly have no idea how on earth it happened

I updated Devious Devices mods and an animation mod, removed DynDOLOD.esp and my bashed patch (I'm reworking my list and merging mods) and restarted NMM to update the plugin list, upon doing so the majority of my plugins were deactivated and trying to activate the plugins en masse with the NMM feature it would crash the program.

As I figured this problem was linked to the plugin list, I went to the appdata folder and checked my plugin.txt file and oddly enough it had file lines in there from the Fallout 4 Data folder which was corrupting my plugin list in NMM, I had to copy my plugin list from NMM and paste it into the plugin.txt file and save it for the changes to take effect, then restarted NMM and mass enabled all my plugins and they all activated with no more crashes.

No idea how that happened but thought I should share this in case others have a similar issue and can't figure it out.

Thanks Rebel.

It's very unusual bug. never seen anything like it before, probably because I'm running only Skyrim through NMM.

Have you post this issue to Nexus "bug report"?

Thanks Rebel.

It's very unusual bug. never seen anything like it before, probably because I'm running only Skyrim through NMM.

Have you post this issue to Nexus "bug report"?

Yes.. it might be something like the Skyrim and the Skyrim SE bug that was recently fixed. It might be something not recognizing the mods properly. That should be reported to the Nexus site. No way something from Fallout 4 should be getting into Skyrim unless you manually did this. (Yes.. I know you didn't :))

I have posted this issue to the bug report on Nexus, the only part that I still can't figure out is why updating Skyrim mods would place data paths from my Fallout 4 install into my Skyrim Plugin.txt file but for the moment I have managed to solve this issue and haven't had issues since but I will keep my eye on it now, and I will of course update if anything happens/changes.

I have posted this issue to the bug report on Nexus, the only part that I still can't figure out is why updating Skyrim mods would place data paths from my Fallout 4 install into my Skyrim Plugin.txt file but for the moment I have managed to solve this issue and haven't had issues since but I will keep my eye on it now, and I will of course update if anything happens/changes.

Thank you. :)

NMM 0.63.9

I did some testing. I had a two (old) mods that NMM didn't clean all dirty files after the uninstall. This time it still didn't clean them all, but the list of dirty files was significantly reduced. For full cleaning NMM has a tool. It is recommended to use this tool on own risk. See the picture:

post-894077-0-50317400-1479613601_thumb.png

What exactly does that command do? I mean how does it work on your system?

I personally would wait, finish off my game play that time if possible, uninstall all then clean up the game manually and verify the cache, replace the cleaned masters (from copy from before) then install the mods in order I want again and start playing. It takes a bit of work but does do a good job. (For those curious this is the main reason I liked MO. turn off MO and all its files are gone. Any dirty files left can be cleaned and the game verified and as soon as starting MO up the files then go right back. Nice and clean :) ) I do hope some implementation can be placed in the new system that does the virtual system that MO had for it would be easier to clean up the errors or missed files that way. In any case it isn't that hard. I do admit it gets more complex when you have a very large mod list and complicated install requirements.

Is there a problem to "verify the game" via Steam when mods are installed? I don't remember seen a mod that modifies directly vanilla files.

The purge option seems an attempt to provide the user with a solution to recover after NMM fails to install or uninstall a mod completely. It seems they never fixed this problem that all 0.6 versions have. 

I just did a test and it does seem to work correctly. By "loose" files they mean files not associated with a mod or the game. And they don't mean "unpacked" files. I pasted into my SSE data directory the 3 files of AddItemMenu - esp, bsl and bsa and all 3 were removed.

So it seems what this functionality does is remove all files belonging to mods that NMM thinks are not installed and are not of it's list of the vanilla files.

One think to note is that having a plugin enabled for a mod that was not installed via NMM will not save it from removal. I had 3DNPC installed by hand and enabled and NMM removed all 3DNPC related files. This is good - because this is exactly what the "purge" should do.

In my experience starting to install mods from scratch is a gamble. Sometimes everything just works, sometimes something breaks in a fatal way. While following one and the same way of installing mods. At the moment, after finally moving to MO for Oldrim, I find myself staring at it thinking "how do I start over" with this thing :-)

For FO4:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4020/?

It has the same function as "Save cleaner"

This is no longer needed. It was related to the fact that FO4 doesn't want to load additional files (mods) by default.