NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

6 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

Thank you!

And now the reason I am writing. Version 64.2:

A mod here at loverslab called "apropos" gets installed just fine,

but if you try to move it from the "unassigned" category, the NMM console becomes unresponsive.

It is the single mod of many that I have installed that exhibits this behavior.

It is not an especially *large* file, but it *does* have a large amount of text files, that is how it works.

It (the picture) shows 63.14 but the new version does the exact same thing.

Also, the tracelog is very old, I am not sure why, and I'm hoping it's newer inside of itself.

It does not affect the game play, but the reason it cannot be moved to a different category would be helpful, thanks.

My guesses would probably just annoy you so I will wait for your cogent responses.

TraceLog20180210131442.txt

I never used Apropos so i wouldn't know how it works. All versions of NMM after 0.60+ suppose to move active mods in any category without problems. I tested and it work although I always move unpacked mods in chosen categorize. Maybe Apropos have some file that NMM can't identify properly. Have you tried to enable "Don't extract readme files" under settings? According to your trace log, NMM can't place it in Virtualinstall since it doesn't recognize mod's reference. That might be a problem with mod's ID. NMM recognize and address proper ID only for few mods from LL since the mod isn't uploaded to Nexus. Nexus has "strange" policy about the mods from other site and they aren't friendly toward the mods from other sites, especially LL. Try to see with gooser about the mod ID, I mean, make it compatible with NMM since many authors do not make their mods compatible with NMM although the manager install the mod.

I want to thank you and say I did listen, except the part about telling the mod-author to change something.

I think he likes MO and I suppose I Will have to change to it one day, but I really like NMM.

It's kind of like those newfangled xerox machines at the fedex store,

how could you tell anyone you hate all those millions of tiny buttons

and you don't care what A4 means..

They'd just think you were nuts,

buff their nails and press the three buttons everyone else uses,

because the others are only there for show.

So if Apropos/categories are my only worry, I can certainly live with it. and use NMM.

Thank you.

nmm1.JPG.1811736b2bea9283c6fb255ac0a7e710.JPG

15 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

I want to thank you and say I did listen, except the part about telling the mod-author to change something.

I think he likes MO and I suppose I Will have to change to it one day, but I really like NMM.

It's kind of like those newfangled xerox machines at the fedex store,

how could you tell anyone you hate all those millions of tiny buttons

and you don't care what A4 means..

They'd just think you were nuts,

buff their nails and press the three buttons everyone else uses,

because the others are only there for show.

So if Apropos/categories are my only worry, I can certainly live with it. and use NMM.

Thank you.

I'm sorry I can't help you more with it. Maybe you can use one trick I did few times and it worked for me. But let me warn you: it's risky and it might not work for you since some people who did it said that they had to reinstall NMM.

Here is what I did: I had occasions in which NMM (0.61.+ version) stopped recognize mod's reference after being installed on new (reinstalled) Skyrim and it put the mod into "Undefined" category. Even after moving the mod into proper category, the mod worked but I couldn't update it. It was some kind of stupid NMM error. Then I uninstalled the mod and manually removed it from both: SKyrim Mods folder and VirtualInstall folder (this operation is harmelss. It won't ruin your game and screw up your NMM. It will only inform you that particular mod is missing and if you want to erase it's trace). Second. I went into my Documents and I deleted tracelogs from NexusModManager folder. Third. I downloaded the mod again and before extraction, I moved it into the proper category. Then I installed the mod and clicked "Check and fix ID" on the left side of the panel. NMM found the ID and made it work as it should.

Now, as I said before. if the mod isn't uploaded on Nexus it won't get mod ID and won't be traced for updates and changes. But it might work properly once it is moved in the category you want it to be. From that moment, the mod will always be in the chosen category whenever you reinstall it for NMM will trace it properly.

NMM 0.64.3 is out

For those who still want to experiment using NMM 0.64.+ versions

Please be aware that these latest releases are not fully code signed as our certificate has elapsed - so you will need to accept any warnings that Windows throws at you.

• New features
    • No new feature.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed download IO performances. (thanks to user mgziminsky on Github)
    • Tweaked game search to only look on fixed drives. (thanks to user mgziminsky on Github)

You can download it from here: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Or from here: It's virus and malware free rar file:

Nexus.Mod.Manager-0.64.3.rar

NMM 0.64.3 reported bug(s) - locked load order

Some users reported bug int the latest NMM version. Bug doesn't allow user to manually move mod(s) up and down and change the load order under plugins.

Solution: Use Wryebash or LOOT and move your mod(s)  in wanted position. NMM will accept changes.

5 hours ago, Slorm said:

Tested it and not had any problems moving mods here with v0.64.3 but I'm only using it for Skyrim, so other games may vary

I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for your report. As always, some people have certain issues with every new NMM release, some don't'. Just like with mods. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

FOR NMM users and VORTEX testers

Some of my LL friends completely switched to Vortex when it came out and they had dramatic experiences like losing the mods or screwing their game (Skyrim). Here is what the Vortex team recommend:

Does Vortex replace NMM/MO/my current mod manager?

Right now? No. We're not recommending anyone fully switch to Vortex from their current mod management tools. We think it will get there in the not too distant future, but it's not there yet.

Many users in our testing group and in the limited Alpha we did over the past couple of weeks have been able to switch over fully. We do recommend that you try and switch over, but that you backup and keep whatever current mod manager you're using (and your mod setups/savegames attached to them) so if something goes wrong with Vortex, you can easily and quickly switch back so it does not affect your gaming.

With all this in mind, we're not officially replacing NMM on the site at this time. We're keeping the "Install NMM" button in the top nav, and the only place you're going to be able to download Vortex is from our own Nexus Mods game page, which will also hopefully include extensions for Vortex moving forward.

This, in itself, should tell you how we're treating this release of Vortex. This isn't an all singing and tooting release of Vortex to the masses where we tell everyone it's the best thing since sliced bread and that everyone should switch. This is still us releasing quietly, telling you that we're happy with the direction it's heading but we know that it still needs more time in the oven.

By the way: new version of Vortex is out 0.13.6 alpha.

Here is the list of fixes in 0.13.5 version

Spoiler

Version 0.13.5

fixed: one case of exception "access to undefined"

fixed: buttons on update notification didn't work

fixed: exception when morrowind wasn't discovered

fixed: exception opening game path from info popover

fixed: exception when opening details for an incompletely installed mod

fixed: exception in diagonstics file dialog

fixed: exception when a default application doesn't return 0

fixed: exception when loot fails to initialize

fixed: exception when Vortex falls back to having no active game

fixed: (No Man's Sky) exception when mod directory didn't exist

fixed: (Dragon Age) exception when AddIns.xml was missing

fixed: (TESO) typo in name

fixed: (Oblivion) exception when there was no Fonts section in oblivion.ini

fixed: "DataFileExists" function in fomods didn't work

fixed: ini tweaks weren't reliably applied

fixed: missing icons

fixed: form input didn't store changes when validation returned a warning

fixed: manually added files showed as 0 bytes size

fixed: mod merging didn't work reliably (Dragon's Dogma, Kingdom Come: Deliverance)

fixed: retry downloading chunks on connection reset

fixed: priority boxes in plugin page accepted invalid input

fixed: NMM Import didn't find Fallout New Vegas instances

fixed: NMM Import didn't associate archives with the corresponding mod (causing duplicate entries)

fixed: MO Import didn't associate archives with the corresponding mod (causing duplicate entries)

fixed: "missing masters" notification didn't disappear when switching to an unsupported game

fixed: failed to read savegames with non-ascii characters in the name

fixed: scary error message when fomod prerequisits were unfulfilled

fixed: bad/uninformative error messages

performance: avoid unnecessary table updates

performance: updated loot to v0.12.4

feature: sanity check for customised mod/download directory

feature: showing changelog in update notification

feature: Vortex will now offer to make download, mod and game data directory writable if necessary

feature: BSA redirection for older bethesda games

feature: Ctrl+W no longer closes Vortex

feature: added simple plugin management for morrowind

feature: (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) merging of user.cfg files

• 2 weeks later...

NMM 0.65.2 is out and 0.52.4

Download 0.65.2: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Download 0.52.4 : https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4/?tab=files

Important:

Today we are releasing some security updates for the Nexus Mod Manager to bring us in line with the new EU GDPR rules coming into force next month.

NMM has been "end-of-line" since 2016, which means we no longer provide any official support for the software, but we thought it was prudent to spend the time and money to release this update so our users could continue to use the software's online services while ensuring we're compliant with the new regulations. We also did not want people to think we were using the GDPR as an excuse to force people on to our new mod manager, Vortex, either. The alternative was to simply turn off the old services completely, essentially making NMM, and any other software using our old login services, offline only.

To prevent any drama with this process, we've even patched up version 0.52.3 of NMM (the last version before the profile functionality was added) so there are no complaints.

In order to be compliant, we need to turn off our old, less secure login to the web services completely. We plan to do this on Tuesday the 8th of May. This will mean anyone who does not update their NMM will no longer be able to use NMM online. This will prevent you from being able to login, check for new file versions or download mods from the site directly in to NMM. This will also affect any other software that uses the old login destination and method, for example, Mod Organizer. We do not officially support Mod Organizer, nor is it made, updated or maintained by us, so any updates needed to ensure it works with our new login service will need to be handled by the team behind Mod Organizer. If you are currently a coder with software making use of the old Nexus login system, please do get in contact via PM or Discord and I will put you through to the appropriate person to help you get on to the newer system as soon as possible.

For convenience, both updated versions of NMM can be found on a new file page setup to make this a little easier. Remember, download 0.65.0 if you are using a version of NMM that is 0.60.x or later. Download 0.52.4 if you are using version 0.52.3 of NMM.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, but it's 8 year old code now and, at some point, this was going to happen!

NMM 0.56.2 is out

Important: No older versions of NMM will work after May, 8. This will mean anyone who does not update their NMM will no longer be able to use NMM online. This will prevent you from being able to login, check for new file versions or download mods from the site directly in to NMM. This will also affect any other software that uses the old login destination and method, for example, Mod Organizer. We do not officially support Mod Organizer, nor is it made, updated or maintained by us, so any updates needed to ensure it works with our new login service will need to be handled by the team behind Mod Organizer. If you are currently a coder with software making use of the old Nexus login system, please do get in contact via PM or Discord and I will put you through to the appropriate person to help you get on to the newer system as soon as possible.

You can download other NMM versions on the same page - 0.65.2 and 0.52.4. Those three version will only work after the May, 8.

Download:

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4/?tab=files

Remember, download 0.65.2 if you are using a version of NMM that is 0.60.x or later. Download 0.52.4 or 0.56.2 if you are using version 0.52.3 of NMM. If you don't like versions with VirtualInstall option, use 0.52.4 or 0.56.2 version since they do not have "VI". 

15 hours ago, Rebel Marauder said:

I've just updated to the latest version and it seems stable enough, but without warning the newest version changed my load order on me and because of how it works now there is no way to return to my old load order, just a warning if you plan on upgrading mid game.

Thank you for your report. You know, I lock my load order in LOOT that return my load order when NMM and Wrye bash change it. 

21 hours ago, Rebel Marauder said:

I've just updated to the latest version and it seems stable enough, but without warning the newest version changed my load order on me and because of how it works now there is no way to return to my old load order, just a warning if you plan on upgrading mid game.

I just checked my load order back to a manual list I keep and not seen any changes myself (using V65.3)

On 5/5/2018 at 11:22 PM, Elf Prince said:

Vortex 0.14.3 is out

There are still no list of fixes and updates.

Download: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1?tab=files

Beginner guide for Vortex: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1?tab=videos

It looks like they are finally making progress on the new manager. (check the dates of the versions) so soon we should have something fairly usable. Then we have to see if it is an improvement or not... (For both MO and NMM users since Tannin is working on it and it is suppose to address the needs and wants of both users ... of course to some degree)

44 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

It looks like they are finally making progress on the new manager. (check the dates of the versions) so soon we should have something fairly usable. Then we have to see if it is an improvement or not... (For both MO and NMM users since Tannin is working on it and it is suppose to address the needs and wants of both users ... of course to some degree)

Yes, Tanin is working hard on Vortex. I still didn't install it since I have no time to test it and my wife and I are doing some Skyrim stories. We want to avoid possible hazards and I'm still using NMM 0.52.4. I believe that Vortex will be a good mod manager one day.

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

Yes, Tanin is working hard on Vortex. I still didn't install it since I have no time to test it and my wife and I are doing some Skyrim stories. We want to avoid possible hazards and I'm still using NMM 0.52.4. I believe that Vortex will be a good mod manager one day.

Perhaps, good enough for you or one of your wives to test it :smiley: In the future... of course... :smiley:

After all NMM isn't supported anymore and is going the way of FOMM. Still good, some might still use it but, not the mainstream manager.

I might be interested in Vortex for some of the games if it handles well games that aren't like Fallout etc. Like Witcher, Sims 4 and others like that that don't follow the familiar modding procedure I am used to.

6 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Perhaps, good enough for you or one of your wives to test it :smiley: In the future... of course... :smiley:

After all NMM isn't supported anymore and is going the way of FOMM. Still good, some might still use it but, not the mainstream manager.

I might be interested in Vortex for some of the games if it handles well games that aren't like Fallout etc. Like Witcher, Sims 4 and others like that that don't follow the familiar modding procedure I am used to.

I will try to talk to Eva to test Vortex for Sims 4 once she finish with exams period on her Master's college and will have more time to play the game. I might do it too but only for Witcher 3. :smile:

15 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Both would be interesting to see if they are handled well with Vortex... ;)

I doubt I would use it for my Bethesda modding but, could always use something advanced for other games :smiley:

By the time we will have a chance to test Sims 4 and Witcher 3 in Vortex, it will be upgraded and improved several times. Maybe it will turn to Beta. ;) I'm talking about July. So, I expect Vortex to evolve on better. :smile:

I expect it will need much more development before it is ready for serious use.

July I believe might be a bit early... however, they are really moving on the dev cycles. Seems to be faster than then Tannin was alone with MO.

Off topic however, I wonder if Vortex will be able to do what MO does... that I use MO for. I manually drop the game folders (extracted) into MO (drag it out and tweak them if I want to and then re-drop them back in) It is a real time saver. I can reach over and pull a copy of a mod I had installed on a previous backup (Backed MO the fuck up... never had so many backups of a mod manager in my life. Have some from YEARS ago.. )  That is perhaps the most desired feature of MO that I would liike to use. That and solid support for Steam Oblivion... NMM wasn't bad at all. I used it from time to time and for the most part it was sufficient. (flaky at times though) Hopefully Vortex will be much better.