NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

NMM 0.60.8 is out. Download is available on my OP. Here is the list of the fixed issues.

Latest Build - 0.60.8
Hotfix 0.60.8:

• Tentative fix for the uninstall progress getting stuck during the mod migration.
  • Fixed issue causing NMM to crash while loading the path configuration form (also preventing the Dark Souls 2 game mode from being initialized).
  • Fixed random crash while trying to change the read-only flag of a plugin file.
  • Fixed crash when the config file references to an unplugged drive.
  • Fixed random crash while deleting a newly created category.

Will check it and let you know how it works. :)

NMM 0.60.8 is out. Download is available on my OP. Here is the list of the fixed issues.

Latest Build - 0.60.8
Hotfix 0.60.8:

• Tentative fix for the uninstall progress getting stuck during the mod migration.
  • Fixed issue causing NMM to crash while loading the path configuration form (also preventing the Dark Souls 2 game mode from being initialized).
  • Fixed random crash while trying to change the read-only flag of a plugin file.
  • Fixed crash when the config file references to an unplugged drive.
  • Fixed random crash while deleting a newly created category.

Edit - this version fixed install/uninstall accuracy and speed. Progress and improvement is obvious.

Recommend for upgrade. This version is the best so far among 0.60.+ versions.

I follow this thread as it is the best place for getting NMM 0.6 feedback, as Elf Prince is providing updates info and testing. What can I ask more?

Really good job Elf, thanks for risking your Skyrim for us, right now I wouldn't touch any NMM 0.6 version with a ten foot pole  :D

I follow this thread as it is the best place for getting NMM 0.6 feedback, as Elf Prince is providing updates info and testing. What can I ask more?

Really good job Elf, thanks for risking your Skyrim for us, right now I wouldn't touch any NMM 0.6 version with a ten foot pole  :D

Thank you very much for kind words. It is a nice gesture. :)

Important notice:

There is a serious bug in "Exporting load order to the clipboard" in latest 0.60.8 version. Although manager reports exporting as successful, it actually doesn't export it since command - "Importing load order from clipboard", reports no text file or it can't read it. This bug will be fixed in next release.

post-894077-0-11974400-1443136673_thumb.png

I can confirm that uninstalling mods and clearing havoc files, dirty files and orphans in the latest version 0.60.8 is improved. Save tool cleaner has less and less work to do :)

New bug discovery:

(This post is very important for NMM 0.60.8 and Wrye bash users)

Traditionally good co-working of Wrye bash 3.5 and NMM ceased to exist with appearance of NMM 0.6.+ versions. Example, If you have mods that you manually move up or down in Wrye bash to set up your load order according to your like, and then you run mod merging, NMM memorize those rotations but it cannot properly uninstall chosen mods. It will perform uninstallation, and it will show your mod as uninstalled and removed (if you removed them from your mod list) but, they are still there but invisible. Wrye bash treats them as active and SKSE 1.7.3 didn't record any uninstallation performed by NMM. So what can you do about it?

1. Open Wrye bash and delete uninstalled mods manually.

2. Perform mod merging if your mods were merged

3. Open Save cleaner tool. Load your last save and press "Mod editor"

4. Mark/check mods you uninstalled by NMM and deleted by Wrye bash and press: "Delete created forms" and "Delete selected mods scripts". Save and exit. (otherwise, the game will CTD especially if your deleted .esm file)

5. Load your last save and ignore SKSE's info box about missing mods, save the game on the new slot and exit.

6. Start Save cleaner tool again and press "FixscripInstances" and "Delete all #" if there are files to be removed. Save and exit.

Now you can play your game. :)

Fomod bug confirmation

Comparing informations from MO users, NMM users form Nexus forum and my own experience, it seems that NMM 0.60.8 has issues with Fomods installation. "More Nasty critters" (MNC) particularly. I tested installation of this mod 4 times and I got same results - mod won't work with separately installed Jcontainers 3.2.4 (JC)

Example: if you have JC installed separately and you unchecked JC in the box during MNC installation, the game will report JC incompatibility with MNC's JC and will tell you that JC is not exist in your game too. Therefore, you must check JC in the box and overwrite your separately installed version when asked.

So, NMM has a problem with fomod installation. Be cautious.

hiya so my day has been going really bad so far since i went to 0.60.8 it went and messed up a mod i was useing.Where it gave npc's lower body parts(bits)  dragons wolfs bears horses and when it was updatein i misclicked part of it.So left with not able to see dragons bears or anything thing tho i can hear them just cant see them so i went and removed almost all of the lab mods if im able to somehow replace and fix i can then redo the lab mods and also fix my Argonian and Kajiit bodys as there missin also

(edit) going to see if redownloadin  skyrim will work 

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, I purposely updated 0.56.1 version. And like you, I had misclicked operations to but managed to set all in order. Reinstalling mods is the only option now since you didn't backed up and restored your profile at the very beginning, when upgrading your NMM.

The good news is that when finding your mods and installing them they will work.

New important topic was added to OP. (same colour as this text)

New important topic was added to OP. (same colour as this text)

News: rumours are saying that NMM team is working hard and full time to prepare 0.61 version before FO4 comes out. So, be patient for a new improved upgrade. :)

got mine working again seemed one mod had been taken down so it messed with my game  :P

So, glad for you. Thanks for letting us know. :)

That's why I wrote in my OP to always recheck your mod installation after upgrade to 0.60.+

NMM 0.60.9 - Hotfix:

• NMM will now be able to keep track of the real ID for mod files.
  • Added “Dual Sheat Redux” and “Patchus Maximus” to the supported tools (those are just shortcuts, you need to install them).
  • Added “Installed Mods” counter to the bottom bar.
  • Fixed issue where a profile was unable to restore scripted installers choices.
  • Fixed issue where scripted installers couldn’t reinstall their files (if a file was present twice).
  • Fixed several issues with the Change Virtual Folder functionality and the multiHD mode setup.
  • Fixed crash when searching for program updates while the new installer is already installing.
  • The program will now check whether there’s actually an update to download before starting the masterlist update.
  • Fixed crash issue when retrieving the plugin directory.
  • Fixed issue preventing NMM to store “Dual Sheat Redux Patch.esp” and “PatchusMaximus.esp” in a profile.
  • Fixed issue where NMM wasn’t updating supported patches files (DSR, PM, Bashed). Make sure to click on Save profile or disable/enable the plugin if you edit them when NMM is not running.
  • Fixed LOOT settings missing for New Vegas.

Just reinstalled Skyrim and installed all mods with this version. It is very fast, more accurate and "smarter". All essential mods such as FNIS 5.5 (all thee categorise), SexLAb 1.60.2, SL mods, SKYUI 5.1, Race menu, Body meshes, Skeleton XP 32, various patches and fixes passed smoothly. All other mods installation passed without any problem too. Warmly recommend to use on fresh installed Skyrim, but not as an upgrade to previous NMM versions and present game. :)

New tip about LOOT:

If you use LOOT via NMM, LOOT will arrange your load order directly from the Master list it receives from NMM. Do not use external LOOT since it will change your load order according to the list of Master files that receives from the net. It might cause CTD. So, use either one, not both. :)

New tip for RCOTS Megahair pack and Followers/house wife of GOL (FOG) mods users:

Since both mods using "KS hair" mod, when decide to uninstall "RCOTS Megahair" pack, you have to reinstall "KS hair" mod first and then, Followers/house wife of GOL. Do not overwrite "KS hair" when asked. If you do not reinstall FOG, all NPCs that were overwritten by FOG will have glitchy eyes, hair and neck seam. You've been warned. :) 

New tip: reinstalling mods and importance of doing BACK UP

The reinstall of a mod package has the power to undo all customizing changes you applied onto files coming from NMM-managed mod packages at any time, reverting everything back to fresh blank install state. But then again, that's been the case "every" time a reinstall of a mod package has taken place so far, which was happening regularly even outside of an update. A simple backup of customized files was working wonders in getting customizations back in place after the reinstall in that case.

NMM 0.60.10 is out:

Hotfix 0.60.10:

• Added a "Mod" field in the plugin description that will tell you what mod that plugin belongs to.
  • Right-clicking on a mod name will now also show the mod’s filename.
  • Fixed linked .bsa files not working with Fallout/Oblivion.
  • Small tweak to improve startup loading with lots of mods (more improvements will come).
  • Fixed issue causing a crash for some mods when forcing a file copy in multiHD mode.
  • Fixed issue causing Delete mod to be enabled when clicking on categories.
  • Fixed crash issue with the Delete mod function.

Dowload: my OP under Dowload

VERY STABLE VERSION FOR UPGRADE!!!

New tip for RCOTS Megahair pack and Followers/house wife of GOL (FOG) mods users:

Since both mods using "KS hair" mod, when decide to uninstall "RCOTS Megahair" pack, you have to reinstall "KS hair" mod first and then, Followers/house wife of GOL. Do not overwrite "KS hair" when asked. If you do not reinstall FOG, all NPCs that were overwritten by FOG will have glitchy eyes, hair and neck seam. You've been warned. :) 

Edit this tip:

When I was doing this, it was under 0.60.9 version, well things changed with 0.60.10 version. So steps goes like this:

1. After uninstalling RCOTS, load the game, save the game in the new slot and exit.

2. Load the game, ignore SKSE warning, save in the new slot & exit

3. Start "Save game cleaner" and clean your save from orphan files.

4. Load the game and save in new slot. Exit.

5. Install FOG

6. Install "KS hair"  - overwrite when asked

7. Run LOOT from NMM

Thank you Elf Prince
installing funny biz Animation gives me (A problemm occurred during the install) with the comment:

(

the specific path, file name, or both are too long. the fully qualified file name must be less than 260 character, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. the mod wasnt installed

)

it was done manually, then i thought, it used to be fine with the simplicity of the old version...

I just installed Funny biz mod via NMM 0.60.10 version without any problems. Take a look at the picture.

post-894077-0-27307700-1443792156_thumb.png

If you installed mod manually first, then go to that folder and delete related files.

Here it is: Games/Skyrim/Data/Scripts and delete all files from that mod. It will be a long and hard work since there are many files to delete. Or try to use Save cleaner tool.