NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

On 10/24/2018 at 5:03 PM, GenioMaestro said:

NMM have a multiple directory structure and is designed for download the mods with it.

The main store in my machine in located in D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods

If you make a manual download and store it in a specific folder and press the green + simbol for add the mod, NMM make a pure copy of the zip file and store it in the mod's folder.

That make appear inside NMM with grey text.

When you click the green mark for install and activate that zip file is uncompresed inside the VirtualInstall folder and this folder is used for copy the files to your game DATA folder.

In the install process, if any file must be overwrited, NMM ask you if you want overwrite it and when you say YES the existing file inside game DATA is copied to the VirtualInstall\_overwrites folder

Then you have, for one side, the originals zip's files duplicated, the zip files expanded and copied to game DATA and the files overwrited in the overwrites folder.

The only way i know for save hard disk space is use the compress utility integrated with the operating system.

Locate your VirtualInstall and make left click over it. Select properties, advanced options and enable compress this folder.

If you have tats packs for SlaveTats you are wasting a lot of gig's because the textures of the tats need a lot of space and is recomended compress the folder DATA\textures\actors\character\SlaveTats

If you want transfer your NMM installation to another machine or to another HDD inside the same machine the best option is use the integrated backup utility inside NMM. Press the tools icon next to the profile selector and use Backup->create mod backup

Use the same version of NMM for restore the backup.

I not know if the backup can be restored in a diferent version of NMM.

I correcting my mistake for forgetting to thank you for the answer to giluiohe151. Feel free to do it whenever you want. :)

On 10/25/2018 at 4:00 AM, RitualClarity said:

It is apparently having some issues with Fallout 4 (AAF) mod. NMM and also Vortex. Just an FYI.  At least currently. Someone posted on the AAF thread somewhere and once they moved to another manager (MO) the issue they had was done.  I believe they didn't do anything different.  Not sure about other mods than AAF.

F4 was the pain in the ass for all mod managers. I don't like it as I don't like ME andromeda. Those games are cursed and should be destroyed ;):P

16 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

F4 was the pain in the ass for all mod managers. I don't like it as I don't like ME andromeda. Those games are cursed and should be destroyed ;):P

yea both games are much degraded from their predecessors. :(

Also NMM users / Vortex users feel free to update me or state otherwise if you are having  a great time with either in Fallout 4 (AAF etc)  If so which version?

• 2 weeks later...

Another rant about NMM 0.65.10 (Probe install)

I'm quite sure that everyone had at least once this "Probe install" issue in every version of NMM, but that issue was minimal in versions before 0.60. It's fucking annoying and sometimes I had to restart NMM 0.65.10, 2-3 times that it will install the mod I installed dozen times earlier.

I hate NMM 0.65.10

No offense to supporters and lovers of NMM 0.65.10 but this manager version is disaster. If I wouldn't need it for testing and comparing with Vortex, this piece of shit will never be installed on my computer. Before I upgrade it from 0.56.2 for named purpose and because Vortex deosn't support importing files from earlier version than 0.63.+ NMM found and recognized my Witcher 3 game. This, new 0.65.+ version doesn't recognize Witcher 3 and it always ask me to rescan the system reporting that the game doesn't exist. What a fucking nonsense!

Vortex immediately recognized and accepted the game. One big plus for Vortex.

1562881086_2018-11-1619_35_55-Vortex.png.d2eb0250f0ba42d2ad9f72057f4d9c6e.png

• 1 month later...

NMM Release 0.65.11

Release Notes

Please be aware that these latest releases are not fully code signed as our certificate has elapsed - so you will need to accept any warnings that Windows throws at you.

• New features

• Added Appveyor support.
  • Bugfixes

• Fix .esl not showing up/removing in plugin list when activating/deactivating mods. with .esl files. (thanks to user jbostrus on Githu

Available from Github https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Doesn't look a relevant update for Skyrim LE

• 4 months later...

New NMM release after 7 months and I'm thrilled with it. Much better and works better than any 0.65.+ version.

I tested upgrade on0.65.10 and I confirm fixes works. I didn't try fresh install since I don't have a time to do it, but if you upgrading your NMM like me, you'll be fine. :)

NMM 0.70.5 is out

Please be aware that these latest releases are not fully code signed as our certificate has elapsed - so you will need to accept any warnings that Windows throws at you.

FIXES:

Spoiler

• Hotfix

• Fixed FluentNexus implementation causing an unexpected crash with empty API keys.
  • New features

• Added support for Enderal standalone (thanks to user jbostrus on Github).
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed current game missing from the change game menu.
    • Fixed Steam path retrieval for some games (thanks to user jbostrus on Github)

Please check earlier 0.70.+ versions if you didn't. I was very busy and I missed to inform you about them. My apologies.

Fixes, upgrades, new features in 0.70+ versions (Note: do not install 0.70.4 version. It apperantly doesn't work for most of users):

Spoiler

• New features

• Added new Nexus API and SSO support.
    • Brand new logo (that's it for now, but we're also planning on updating the UI).

• New features

• No new features.
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed Skyrim SE and Fallout:NV downloads.
    • Fixed crash when parsing malformed modId's

• New features

• No new features.
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed crash when adding mods from the local drive.
    • Fixed another modid parsing related crash.
    • Fixed missing/misbehaving launch commands.
    • Fixed missing Game Tools.
    • Fixed some issues preventing NMM from running on Linux (thanks to user caseif on Github).

0.70.3 Hotfix

• New features

• No new features.
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed issue preventing the retrieval of downloadIDs for some users.

0.70.4warningBROKEN warning

• New features

• Added support for Enderal standalone (thanks to user jbostrus on Github).
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed current game missing from the change game menu.
    • Fixed Steam path retrieval for some games (thanks to user jbostrus on Github)

Download:

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Thanks Elf Prince. I only spotted them last night as I hadn't checked for a while as I've been extremely busy with work.

I'm not sure I see a great need to update at present, at least not until all the bug fixes are out as they seem to be coming in fairly quick succession. Probably best to wait until things settle a bit and then see if there are any new useful features to make it worthwhile upgrading

With my usual impeccable timing I updated yesterday to 70.3 from 65.  Installed over the top of 65 without any problems.

@Slorm Depends what version you are currently using. I uppgraded because the log-in api had changed so I could no longer log-in to Nexus from NMM.

5 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

With my usual impeccable timing I updated yesterday to 70.3 from 65.  Installed over the top of 65 without any problems.

@Slorm Depends what version you are currently using. I uppgraded because the log-in api had changed so I could no longer log-in to Nexus from NMM.

Why did you need to log into Nexus from NMM? Not trying to be a dick, honestly, why the need.

23 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Why did you need to log into Nexus from NMM? Not trying to be a dick, honestly, why the need.

I didn't have to as such, it's just that if you are logged in when you install a Nexus mod NMM puts the mod in the correct category rather than dumping it in 'Unassigned' or whatever it is called.

This new version, 70.3, seems to automatically log in when you fire up NMM.

8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I didn't have to as such, it's just that if you are logged in when you install a Nexus mod NMM puts the mod in the correct category rather than dumping it in 'Unassigned' or whatever it is called.

Thanks.. I never used the "category" options in NMM (when I used it way back when) or even Mod Organizer now. FOMM had a sign in option as well when it was used way back when as well. (don't know if it was due to category or other reasons) Back before NMM was first created. Personally Category options starts to annoy me as many mods don't fit nicely into individual category and often have components from other things.. Guess it is just the OCD in me that gets annoyed.

18 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I updated because 0.65.+ versions gave me a lot of troubles especially with textures and some other mods. I tested re installation of those mods under 0.70.5 and all worked fine. That's why I'm thrilled. :)

18 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

- Exactly. After upgrading to 0.70+ it ask you for confirmation and synchronization of your data with Nexus. Once it is confirmed, everything goes smoothly.

3 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

I updated because 0.65.+ versions gave me a lot of troubles especially with textures and some other mods. I tested re installation of those mods under 0.70.5 and all worked fine. That's why I'm thrilled. :)

I haven't done any re-installing yet but I'll keep that in mind when I do.

NMM 0.70.6 is out

FIXES:

Spoiler

• New features

• No new features.
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed potential crash in GetFileListInfo and added useful info to the tracelog.
    • Fixed missing mod links when looking for updates.
    • Improvements to the mod info search.

Download:

4 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

One thing I have failed to notice with 70.3. is any improvement in load time. It still takes forever to fire up.

It is even slower due to data synchronization with Nexus and because of new way of mod tracking.

9 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

It is even slower due to data synchronization with Nexus and because of new way of mod tracking.

So now it takes forever and a day. :frown:

I thought it was a bit slower but I've not used it much in the last few days. But hey, at least it is out of beta finally. :classic_rolleyes:

NMM 0.70.7 is out

FIXES:

Spoiler

• New features

• No new features.
  • Bugfixes

• SSO improvements and fixed a missing DLL related crash.
    • Fixed crash when mod could not be found.

Download:

I just tried updating to 0.70.7 and it just ctd's on startup (tried rebooting etc). I've filed a bug report

EDIT:

Found a fix. Looks like it won't update correctly. I rolled back to 65.11 and uninstalled. Clean installed 0.70.7 and it worked correctly

23 hours ago, Slorm said:

I just tried updating to 0.70.7 and it just ctd's on startup (tried rebooting etc). I've filed a bug report

EDIT:

Found a fix. Looks like it won't update correctly. I rolled back to 65.11 and uninstalled. Clean installed 0.70.7 and it worked correctly

Thank you for your report. I didn't have such problem with upgrading from 0.65.+ to 0.70.3. Every next upgrade went without problems. I have to commend 0.70.7 version. I open fast, uninstallation and installation of mods is fast. Only bug I had in upgrading is that NMM marked uninstalled mods as disabled if I didn't remove them from the manager.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Just installed 0.70.7 over 0.70.3 without any problems. Initial impressions - I'm underwhelmed. Still takes too long to load and too long to uninstall mods. Giving Vortex serious considerables.

I don't know why is so slow on your computer. Everything runs very fast on mine. I do not play Skyrim but I do install and uninstall mods for my wife. I'm very thrilled with latest version.

44 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

Everything runs very fast on mine.

I read your earlier post about the speed increase and that made me go for the ugrade. ? I haven't rebooted my computer yet so maybe that will help. I'll give it a few more days before making any decisions about Vortex.