[CK2] Static Portrait Replacer ver. 4.00 [CKII 2.7.1+ Compatible]

Figured I might as well share my own Fate/Stay Night and other Fate/ works like Zero and Grand Order Portraits, not sure how to upload attachments though... ^^'; If you guys are interested just let me know how to upload them here and I will. 

If you click "more reply options" next to the post button, it will bring you to another screen. To the bottom-left is an option to "attach files." You'll likely have to compress your file into a .zip for it to attach. LLab is stingy about certain file extensions.

Edit: For those curious on the AGoT content, I have my mod updated to the latest AGoT version, and it seems to work. I'm skimming through the files to see what season 6 characters I should add now.

Edit: For those curious on the AGoT content, I have my mod updated to the latest AGoT version, and it seems to work. I'm skimming through the files to see what season 6 characters I should add now.

Hmm so as I understand it, it isn't out yet? Will look forward to it!

I have the mod updated with season 6 characters now. I'm uploading it to Steam and will have a separate external link available by the end of tonight. This is my first ever Steam mod I'm uploading, so I'm trying to make heads or tails out of it.

Alright, it's out ladies and gents. To keep this topic clean of Game of Thrones conversations, and because the mod is a different beast than my typical portrait replacers due to its use of character histories and the non-sexual nature of the portraits, I'm making a new topic. Please take any conversations on the mod to either Steam or this other LLab topic.

So, given what you did with your GoT Portrait mod, I was wondering if it was possible to include something like a name check that adds a given portrait or another trait based on a name of a Character in the world, for example a check for the name Vladimir to add the Impaler trait to?

Basically, you're saying whenever a character with the name Vladimir is born, you want him to receive (or a chance to receive) the Impaler trait?

If there are any Vladimir characters in the history file at the start of the game, that would be easy. Or it's possible to create a file that creates a Vladimir character from out of nowhere with the trait, similar to Dew with Dark World. I'm not sure though if it's possible to isolate that kind of code to a name trigger. I've never really thought of that, because obviously there shouldn't be a relationship between a person's name they're born with and their personality, so I never thought if it'd be possible or not, lol.

The reason I ask is for the sake of the portraits I've included, if I want to assign a portrait to one of my char's children I had the idea of assigning a name that would then assign the trait to the char. I know I could always use the console, but what if I was unable to do so, then I wouldn't be able to access the portraits.

The reason I ask is for the sake of the portraits I've included, if I want to assign a portrait to one of my char's children I had the idea of assigning a name that would then assign the trait to the char. I know I could always use the console, but what if I was unable to do so, then I wouldn't be able to access the portraits.

I don't know if there's a way to scope to names though. I'm thinking an alternative to achieving what you may want is creating some off-site historical characters and have a birth_event code where there's a chance it fires off the creation of one of your historically named characters. The problem is you'd have to add a flag to tell your game not to birth that character again, otherwise you'll see duplicate characters -- very obvious with static portraits! In that context, I believe it's possible.

One thing I know you could do is on_birth, have code that randomly assigns traits to a child. Have one of those traits be the portrait trait, and IF that portrait trait is picked, have it ALSO assign whatever traits you think would align with that chosen character portrait. For example, if it assigns the Saber trait, underneath that code, have it also give her kindness or whatever else you want. Unfortunately, with this method, she won't be named Saber, although, if she's your daughter, then you can simply name her Saber in-game. You'd still need a flag though to tell the game not to birth this character again, because I doubt you'll want to see duplicate portraits.

It's all so much easier in Game of Thrones because we're dealing with pre-generated historical characters. In vanilla CKII, it's much more of a sandbox.

• 4 weeks later...

Paradox will be releasing a new optimization update for modders coinciding with Reaper's Due.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

It's a huge change-log, but one update in particular has me especially interested:

"Traits can now be hidden. Adding 'hidden = yes.'"

What I'm curious to know is does this still leave an empty trait vacuum space where the trait is hidden? If it doesn't, I'll definitely take advantage of this. I know one complaint from some about my mod was seeing the trait icon, and certainly I'd love to remove it, but it makes no sense removing a trait for it to only leave an empty vacuum, which comes off looking like a mistake, so that's why I've always just left it on. I figured it also wouldn't hurt to read the portrait's name, but since the player can see all that outside of game via an image chart, I always considered it redundant.

Okay, I got in touch with Meneth who wrote the recent Dev Diary, and he confirmed there will no longer be a trait empty space vacuum when disabling traits.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/page-7#post-21688192

This is great news. I plan on rolling this change out to all my portrait packs, including my Game of Thrones pack. This also means I can delete my Localisation file I use for those traits, since the player will no longer be able to hover over the trait to read the custom tooltip, which was admittedly useless information anyways. The only reason I made it was because otherwise, it would display missing trait code localisation info.

One more update: It's confirmed Reaper's Due will release new African portrait packs.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ckii-reaper’s-due-content-pack-renders.963250/

This means I will need to update my mod in this regard to make static overlay portraits compatible with them. I have to update the mod anyways to roll out my "hidden = yes" trait changes. If you don't own this portrait pack, that's fine as long as you're not trying to update any of the African faces. If you want to update the African faces anyways, make sure you delete the new African cultural file I'll be including with the latest update so my mod works for you despite you not owning the portrait DLC.

I'll need to update all of the cultural files anyways, since I imagine there will be new property slots, making my current cultural files obsolete. That update will be mandatory for all users, as I imagine the property slots will release with a free update, but I could be wrong. I hope they are, because if not, it means I might have to require users to purchase Reaper's Due to make my portraits work, or provide a separate non-Reaper's Due version of my mod, and I'd rather not do any of that, lol.

Okay, I lied, it won't be tonight. I got caught up in revising the readme, and because I'm working on releasing three download options for template pack users based on how many portraits they need. With the new Reaper's Due property slot character gfx, it wouldn't be fair to include just one file offering 182 portraits and disabling all that new content, so I'll be offering three options: 26 portraits, 130 portraits, and 182 portraits. I'll personally be using 130 portraits, because I don't need more than that, but I know some on this topic were mentioning wanting even more than that, so if you don't mind sacrificing the masks and eyepatches, then Paradox answered your prayers.

Trying to figure out how to make the portrait trait not appear but guess there's no way of hiding it.

d02ce4ae1c78c52d384be52b12cbd30c.png

I was sifting through some old posts and saw this one. Just to quote you in, the newest Reaper's Due patch includes a new "hidden = yes" trait option, so now you won't have to see those. I've included that change in my newest files that I'll be updating shortly.

Before the patch, there actually was a way to hide it, but it would have left an empty space where the trait is, which kinda defeated the point of making it invisible, so I just left them enabled, since at least that way the player can hover over the trait icon to see the trait's name -- the lesser of two evils.

Okay, the mod is updated. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

ver 2.00

• Added compatibility for the Reaper's Due, including support for all of the latest portrait packs.
  • Added the new patch 2.6.2 "hidden = yes" code to traits, so now trait icons are invisible. This will NOT leave behind an empty space where the trait once was -- a common issue in prior CKII builds! It will be as if the trait icon doesn't exist.
  • Added support for the Horse culture. You never know when this could come in handy!

As always, ensure you have the latest portrait packs. The latest West African portrait pack in the Reaper's Due content pack might trip newcomers up, so make sure you have it, otherwise delete the portraits_westafrican.gfx file in the interface folder.

The mod replaces portraits based on culture and some of those cultures get a new visual due to visual DLC.

So if this mod now wants to change one of those cultures while you do not have that DLC it results in an empty portrait.

The workaround is to delete the .gfx file in the mod folder which aims toward that changed visual so it behaves as if the DLC does not exist.

Work around for if you're missing various DLC that is used in the custom portraits.

Go into the interface folder. Delete those files that match DLC that you DO NOT own. Leave the other files alone.

portraits_african.gfx - African Portraits
portraits_byzantine.gfx - Mediterranean Portraits
portraits_celtic.gfx - Celtic Portraits
portraits_cuman.gfx - Horse Lords Content Pack
portraits_easternslavic.gfx - Russian Portraits
portraits_indian.gfx - Rajas of India
portraits_mesoamerican.gfx - Sunset Invasion
portraits_mongols.gfx - Mongol Faces
portraits_muslim_early.gfx - Early Eastern Clothing Pack
portraits_norse.gfx - Norse Portraits
portraits_persian.gfx - Persian Portraits
portraits_saxon.gfx - Early Western Clothing Pack
portraits_southern.gfx - Iberian Portraits
portraits_southindian.gfx - Paradox forum gift for registering
portraits_turkish.gfx - Turkish Portraits
portraits_ugric.gfx - Conclave Content Pack

portraits_western_early.gfx - Early Western Clothing Pack

portraits_westafrican -  Reapers Due Content Pack

The mod replaces portraits based on culture and some of those cultures get a new visual due to visual DLC.

So if this mod now wants to change one of those cultures while you do not have that DLC it results in an empty portrait.

The workaround is to delete the .gfx file in the mod folder which aims toward that changed visual so it behaves as if the DLC does not exist.

Work around for if you're missing various DLC that is used in the custom portraits.

Go into the interface folder. Delete those files that match DLC that you DO NOT own. Leave the other files alone.

portraits_african.gfx - African Portraits
portraits_byzantine.gfx - Mediterranean Portraits
portraits_celtic.gfx - Celtic Portraits
portraits_cuman.gfx - Horse Lords Content Pack
portraits_easternslavic.gfx - Russian Portraits
portraits_indian.gfx - Rajas of India
portraits_mesoamerican.gfx - Sunset Invasion
portraits_mongols.gfx - Mongol Faces
portraits_muslim_early.gfx - Early Eastern Clothing Pack
portraits_norse.gfx - Norse Portraits
portraits_persian.gfx - Persian Portraits
portraits_saxon.gfx - Early Western Clothing Pack
portraits_southern.gfx - Iberian Portraits
portraits_southindian.gfx - Paradox forum gift for registering
portraits_turkish.gfx - Turkish Portraits
portraits_ugric.gfx - Conclave Content Pack

portraits_western_early.gfx - Early Western Clothing Pack

portraits_westafrican -  Reapers Due Content Pack

I have all DLC and it's not every finnish person who is invisible, just a few.

The "missing portrait bug" is extreme. It's all or nothing, there is no middle ground.

When a culture is missing it is every NPC from that culture and not just a few.

When you do have all visual DLC and are experiencing only a few finish people missing it is not this mod which is causing it. You'd need to search the conflicting mod yourself.

Disable one mod after the other, load the save, see if the portraits reappear.

Thanks for the mod but is it possible for you to upload the old ver 1.20 of the mod, I'm currently using patch 2.5.2.2 to play CK2+ and the new ver 2.0 makes me crash on the initial startup

Sorry about that. I hadn't considered people playing on older CKII versions. Here you go:

Template Pack:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xxxb1drbi1f1s1g/ReMeDy_Portrait_Replacer_TemplatePack_ver_1.20.zip

If anyone needs my old anime pack, here is that one again:

Anime Pack:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2s8bhiupdaai331/ReMeDy_Portrait_Replacer_AnimePack_ver_1.02.zip

Been noticing some invisible Finnish people. Only running this mod that messes with the portraits. Anyone else seeing this?

I think you're right, although for me they're not invisible, but rather they have parts of other portraits appearing in a layer behind the characters. It's very subtle though, and at first I almost thought it was intentional, but once I fixed it and they went away, I knew I fucked something up, lol.

If you're still using my mod, try the attached fix. It fixed my layers, so I hope it will fix your invisible portraits. Keep in mind, you need the Finnish portrait pack. If you don't have it, then ignore the attached file and delete the same file in my mod in your interface folder.

I'll go ahead and roll this update through to all my portrait packs.

ugric portrait fix.zip