I must be suffering from incessant script lag, then-- I wouldn't be that surprised, running as many mods as I do.  I look for mods that are light on scripts; but, some just aren't, and I'm running a lot of mods, some of which have dependencies layered upon dependencies.  The end result is that I can't even remember a time I wasn't busted for forced drugging, unless there were no guards around to do it.

A full-scale riot broke out in Rifton between my friends and allies, and the city guards and their allies (or anyone pissed about getting hit by a wild AoE spell), the last time someone force-drugged me in the bar, leaving everyone who wasn't flagged as un-killable in Rifton dead by the time I re-entered the town, having left first the bar, then the town, trying to end the fighting after my follower cut down the first guard as soon as he came through the door.  I've always got septims to burn after the first few levels-- fines are meaningless to me.  But, I go well out of my way to prevent even one unique NPC from dying, and that was just... a disaster.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

SWA Version 3.631 has been released

It is OK to update from version 3.63 to version 3.631 and from Skooma Whore patch version 1.0 to version 1.01

All versions previous to 3.63 are incompatible - a new game or clean save is required

Version 3.63 also requires that the Skooma Whore Patch V1.00 from the download page is installed - The patch fixes a number of broken properties and script errors and also disables forced drugging during XPO arrest and imprisonment.

V3.631

• Bugfix: Added a missing jailed condition to XPOP detection (also updated in SW patch V1.01)

V3.63

• Fixed XPO compatibility - Drug taking will no longer trigger SWA events during XPO scenes or whilst in prison
  • Updated: Compatibility with Devious Devices 4 - The Drug taking animation will be disabled if the player is wearing a zad_DeviousHeavyBondage device
  • Updated: Optimised detection of SL scenes and MilkomaticII use - Forced drugging during these events is not a crime

"Version 3.631 also requires that the Skooma Whore Patch V1.1 from the download page is installed"

Where is this v1.1 patch? You mean v1.01?

I installed Version 3.631.  I really like the idea of this mod.   But I still have the skooma drinking whenever I change inventory items, load a save.  Not sure if I get the animation upon animation triggers or if that is a coincidence.  Had to uninstall mod because I can't take my player taking skooma if there is none.  She also takes skooma out of her extra pocket with harness/chastity belt, and armor on.  Hope it can get fixed.

On 4/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, Ammo12ga said:

I installed Version 3.631.  I really like the idea of this mod.   But I still have the skooma drinking whenever I change inventory items, load a save.  Not sure if I get the animation upon animation triggers or if that is a coincidence.  Had to uninstall mod because I can't take my player taking skooma if there is none.  She also takes skooma out of her extra pocket with harness/chastity belt, and armor on.  Hope it can get fixed.

Almost certainly a problem with your game - if you upload a log we would be able to check.

I have not run a log.  You probably are right.  I will try re-installing it on the weekend when I am off and see if it repeats.  If it does I will try to figure it out.  Sorry, I did not mean to say it was your mod.  I am currently running a little over two hundred mods and they don't always play nice together.  Thanks for offering to look at the log..

13 hours ago, Ammo12ga said:

I have not run a log.  You probably are right.  I will try re-installing it on the weekend when I am off and see if it repeats.  If it does I will try to figure it out.  Sorry, I did not mean to say it was your mod.  I am currently running a little over two hundred mods and they don't always play nice together.  Thanks for offering to look at the log..

No worries - I have seen this once before and in that user's case errors on startup were borking the event registration processes for SWA hence things happening when they shouldn't.

I'm running SSE.  When I upgrade to 3.631 + 1.01, without cleaning a save, I got a message that the save game was corrupt and the SKSE cosave didn't match the save data.  It happened for all previously working savegames.  Confirmed it was the upgrade by rolling back to 3.63 + 1.0 and testing.  Upgrade was fine after doing a clean save process (I used Fallrim tools).  Just a heads up for the SSE users.  Maybe my experience was unique.  Cheers!

16 hours ago, 4nik8tor said:

I'm running SSE.  When I upgrade to 3.631 + 1.01, without cleaning a save, I got a message that the save game was corrupt and the SKSE cosave didn't match the save data.  It happened for all previously working savegames.  Confirmed it was the upgrade by rolling back to 3.63 + 1.0 and testing.  Upgrade was fine after doing a clean save process (I used Fallrim tools).  Just a heads up for the SSE users.  Maybe my experience was unique.  Cheers!

Addicted has not been compiled/transferred to SSE so it's not compatible atm

5 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Addicted has not been compiled/transferred to SSE so it's not compatible atm

Well, this particular mod is just scripts and an ESP. In my experience these types of mods are fairly portable between versions as long as any other external dependencies are met.  Unless it is incompatible with something in the 1.63beta2 SSE Sexlab, it should be OK.

I'm not saying the mod isn't working for me in SSE...just that I had that hiccup during upgrade.  I've yet to end up where it should come into play, so it may very well be non-functional in SSE, but it's not otherwise creating an issue for my gameplay/stability.

• 4 weeks later...

Idea... Hardcore Whore Mode.

1. Drugs are really expensive to buy, 800 gold per hit.

2. Whore yourself out for drugs, no cash.

3. Addiction is severe, no way to easily cure yourself. All you can hope for is to ease the debuffs.

4. Severe Debuffs, down to 10% health and Stamina. Get your hit of drugs, or die a lot in battles.

5. Drugs last for 24 hours, but effects weaken with use. Then you come down, you have a bad time.

6. No buffs, only debuffs when addicted.

7. No free lunches, 99% of drugs removed from chests.

8. No herbal cures, you have to buy the cure from a healer. 10,000 gold. Or be a one of her whores, getting only a whore yourself out dialogue box before each speech with a person.

Duration = 100 days or 100 fucks...

9. Whores are immune to further addiction, until you've paid your debts.

10. Whores can get unwilling breast augmentation, breast size increase by 10% if they don't pull in daily whore limits. Giving 2% more arousal to anyone or anything nearby, even when clothed.

11. Full addiction, chance to lose control and run around trying to get drugs for sex. Your fevered mind, will not be able to hold yourself back. Be it man, woman or beast.

This would make Skooma Whore, whoring your character out to be mandatory. 

Just some ideas... :smile:

On 15/05/2018 at 11:51 PM, Krazyone said:

Idea... Hardcore Whore Mode.

1. Drugs are really expensive to buy, 800 gold per hit.

2. Whore yourself out for drugs, no cash.

3. Addiction is severe, no way to easily cure yourself. All you can hope for is to ease the debuffs.

4. Severe Debuffs, down to 10% health and Stamina. Get your hit of drugs, or die a lot in battles.

5. Drugs last for 24 hours, but effects weaken with use. Then you come down, you have a bad time.

6. No buffs, only debuffs when addicted.

7. No free lunches, 99% of drugs removed from chests.

8. No herbal cures, you have to buy the cure from a healer. 10,000 gold. Or be a one of her whores, getting only a whore yourself out dialogue box before each speech with a person.

Duration = 100 days or 100 fucks...

9. Whores are immune to further addiction, until you've paid your debts.

10. Whores can get unwilling breast augmentation, breast size increase by 10% if they don't pull in daily whore limits. Giving 2% more arousal to anyone or anything nearby, even when clothed.

11. Full addiction, chance to lose control and run around trying to get drugs for sex. Your fevered mind, will not be able to hold yourself back. Be it man, woman or beast.

This would make Skooma Whore, whoring your character out to be mandatory. 

Just some ideas... :smile:

Wow - That is almost another addon in scope, thanks for the ideas though, they are always welcome. :smile:

• 7 months later...
15 hours ago, Daedric Prince of Lust said:

Since the last thread seems to haven't been used in some time, is this/the original mod compatible with C.A.C.O.?

I didn't write the original mod so I can't say for sure - If CACO messes with Skooma it may cause problems, afaik most of the other SW potions are custom items so as long as you can get the leveled potion lists to play nice it could work - only way to be sure is to try I'm afraid.

If you do try please let us know how you get on.

Maybe this came up before, but the sleep limiting can create a problem with Devious Followers.

DF makes six hours of uninterrupted sleep a requirement to regain follower "lives", and without it, the follower is somewhat ... hostile.

It's immersively "broken", because it's the follower who needs the sleep, not the PC, but it's the PC who is addicted and can't sleep.

I guess you could say this is DF's fault.

Let's say that the junkie PC keeps waking up the poor follower with crazy nonsense, so the follower can't sleep either.

Just something people should be aware of, probably.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:03 AM, Lupine00 said:

Maybe this came up before, but the sleep limiting can create a problem with Devious Followers.

DF makes six hours of uninterrupted sleep a requirement to regain follower "lives", and without it, the follower is somewhat ... hostile.

It's immersively "broken", because it's the follower who needs the sleep, not the PC, but it's the PC who is addicted and can't sleep.

Let's say that the junkie PC keeps waking up the poor follower with crazy nonsense, so the follower can't sleep either.

Just something people should be aware of, probably.

Hmmm - I will take a look, the only work around I can think of right now may be to allow sleep if you have a DF but disable rested buffs on the PC.

1 minute ago, Bane Master said:

1 minute ago, Bane Master said:

Hmmm - I will take a look, the only work around I can think of right now may be to allow sleep if you have a DF but disable rested buffs on the PC.

The other thing would be to talk to Lozak about changing the Followers to also reset after 6 hours of waiting. 

9 hours ago, Bane Master said:

That's a good idea!

But would require very different code in DF, because handling wait detection is altogether different to sleep.

This came up recently on SL Adventures, where Teutonic mooted that detecting waits was impractical, and so he couldn't make waiting a crime.

This pushed me to find out how you can detect waiting as an event.

Turns out you have to do it differently, using OnMenuOpen/Close instead of OnSleep.

But the biggest argument against waiting, is that game-play-wise DF is trying to detect you handing over money to an innkeeper, and also trying to keep it clear and simple how you regain willpower and lives. Mysteriously regaining lives due to waiting in an inn is, probably, not ideal in this context.

I think DF could fix this is several ways, and changing it so that follower life recovery is based on a new dialog entry, either on innkeeper or followers, that allows you to pay for their room without regard to whether you sleep, would be the easier and better way. This would split willpower and follower life recovery mechanics apart, and interruptions to sleep from SW:A would then be appropriately immersive in a DF context.

Alas, Lozeak has declared he's not doing anything with DF for a while, so I don't think it's likely we'll see either kind of change in the near future.

Clearly, this isn't a defect in addicted, or DF, it's just ... a minor conflict in how things work.

Knowing it can happen and being prepared for it makes it a lot more tolerable than the sudden unpleasant discovery that withdrawal blocks willpower and follower life recovery.