Please help me, this is really immersion breaking and annoying! :(

I am too wired to sleep, but still RND Realistiv needs And Diseases sets to "Not Tired" and since I am in my house I even get the well rested bonus!

What is wrong, what can I do? Is seems to be supposed to work together... :(

You are  in withdrawal - get high then try and sleep ;)

Thanks for your answer, but please read again...

You are right, I am in withdrawal. And I get that message.

BUT: Despite I can't sleep and get right up after the try, I still get the Well Rested and still Realistic Needs And Diseases goes from "Tired" to "Not Tired".

We are cross posting  - see above  :)

Ah excuse me...

I am too wired to sleep, but still RND Realistiv needs And Diseases sets to "Not Tired" and since I am in my house I even get the well rested bonus!

If you are not tired then the RND bonus is applied even if your sleep is instantly interrupted by being wired - over time becuse you can't sleep you will get tired and the bonus won't get reapplied.

Basically unless I block activation of beds (dangerous) I can't stop the game giving you 1 hours rest when you activate a bed.

I'll see if I can come up with an alternate solution but no promises!

I am not sure if I understand correctly.

Maybe I should have mentioned that RND tells me I am "tired", and I am trying to sleep for 10 hours.

I understand you say you can't prevent that still 1 hour of sleep happens and thus I get the resting bonus. Ok.

But why is RND still setting me to "Not Tired"?

Ah excuse me...

If you are not tired then the RND bonus is applied even if your sleep is instantly interrupted by being wired - over time becuse you can't sleep you will get tired and the bonus won't get reapplied.

Basically unless I block activation of beds (dangerous) I can't stop the game giving you 1 hours rest when you activate a bed.

I'll see if I can come up with an alternate solution but no promises!

I am not sure if I understand correctly.

Maybe I should have mentioned that RND tells me I am "tired", and I am trying to sleep for 10 hours.

I understand you say you can't prevent that still 1 hour of sleep happens and thus I get the resting bonus. Ok.

But why is RND still setting me to "Not Tired"?

Not sure - but the good news is that I think I have a way to exit the sleep menu before the user selects a sleep duration - the issue was differentiating between Sleep and Wait as they use the same menu but I have a solution that seems to work - watch this space....

An update to SWA has  been released

Skooma Whore: Addicted V3.60 (05/03/2017)

• Updated: Too Wired to Sleep now closes the Sleep menu immediately
  • Added: SWA will now attempt to reload properties broken by changes in load order
  • Bugfix: The mod updater should now work as intended
  • Bugfix: Version number will now display correctly

Stupid question but, shouldn't addicted depend on Skooma Whore's esp and requires it to be loaded?

Well - yes, in the sense that it won't do anything without it....  But I'm loading it as a soft dependency so I can try and recover it if the load order changes so in so much as your game won't crash without it.... no....

Or was that yes.... or... well you get the idea :)

Thank you for the update! As a long-time RND and now iNeed user, I appreciate the tweak to the "too wired to sleep" mechanic. This has always been a hardcore thing for roleplaying and now it should be even more so thanks to keeping the needs mods' sleep deprivation debuffs intact.

A quick question: is it intentional that Skooma Whore drugs are no longer tagged as stolen items in version 4.6? This is on a new game, with SLSW 1.0 (skyrimll's patch) loaded right before SLSW:A.

As mother always said: don't do drugs, kids!

Thank you for the update! As a long-time RND and now iNeed user, I appreciate the tweak to the "too wired to sleep" mechanic. This has always been a hardcore thing for roleplaying and now it should be even more so thanks to keeping the needs mods' sleep deprivation debuffs intact.

A quick question: is it intentional that Skooma Whore drugs are no longer tagged as stolen items in version 4.6? This is on a new game, with SLSW 1.0 (skyrimll's patch) loaded right before SLSW:A.

As mother always said: don't do drugs, kids!

It's not intentional and AFAIK I didn't change anything that should affect that - in my test game they still come up as stolen, is there anything in your papyrus log from swa?

It's not intentional and AFAIK I didn't change anything that should affect that - in my test game they still come up as stolen, is there anything in your papyrus log from swa?

Thanks for the reply. I searched my log for strings containing "swa" and only found this line:

[03/06/2017 - 10:21:22AM] warning: Variable SRLibs on script swabarter has an invalid type SLV_PeriodicCheck loaded from save. This variable will be skipped.

There are however also a few warnings from SLSW during the early loading sequence:

[03/06/2017 - 10:20:56AM] warning: Property PlayerRef on script slsw_blackoutupkeep attached to SLSW_Blackout (7B013943) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:56AM] warning: Property PlayerRef on script SLSW_DenWhoresUpkeep attached to SLSW_DenWhores (7B033CC5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:56AM] warning: Property PlayerRef on script SLSW_scumGuard attached to SLSW_Guard (7B021C99) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:56AM] warning: Property PlayerRef on script slsw_mcmconfig attached to SLSW (7B002863) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:56AM] warning: Property PlayerRef on script slsw_upkeep attached to SLSW (7B002863) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:57AM] warning: Property IdleStop_Loose on script slsw_effects attached to SLSW_Effects (7B01E682) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:57AM] warning: Property SLSW_DrugsWOcure on script slsw_effects attached to SLSW_Effects (7B01E682) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:57AM] warning: Property PlayerRef on script slsw_effects attached to SLSW_Effects (7B01E682) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/06/2017 - 10:20:57AM] warning: Property PlayerRef on script SLSW_PlayerProstitutionUpkeep attached to SLSW_PlayerProstitution (7B036846) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

No idea if those are problematic. The drugs all seem to work in-game, their effects show up just like always. I'll do some more testing and start some new games to see if anything changes.

EDIT: Okay, did some more digging after discovering that nothing Addicted-related was working. As it turns out, the quest swa_Addicted isn't active, which I guess it should be for all the features to work? This may have been a false alarm then and simply a case of me over-stuffing my load order. :blush:

<p>

An update to SWA has been released

Skooma Whore: Addicted V3.60 (05/03/2017)

• Updated: Too Wired to Sleep now closes the Sleep menu immediately
  • Added: SWA will now attempt to reload properties broken by changes in load order
  • Bugfix: The mod updater should now work as intended
  • Bugfix: Version number will now display correctly

Yayy!!

Just to be sure: How do I update? Or does it itself?

I too have the issue where the drugs are legal. Here is a log, with roughly the same errors as Dudeness.

I'm assuming these are updates rather than new games?

If so can you try getting your ID for the swa_Addicted quest from your console and then try stopquest ID number and then startquest ID number.

Once that's done save the game - reload and let me know if you still see the log errors.

Dependent on the Outcome I may need to tweak the updater.

Brand new games, no updates. I tend to avoid updating mods in the middle of a playthrough. I'll try restarting the quest though.

Edit: Alright, sqv swa_addicted told me the quest wasn't running. I then started it, dropped my drugs and picked them back up and now they are illegal again.

It may have triggered an error?

[03/07/2017 - 07:53:32PM] ERROR: Cannot call GetFactionOwner() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest swa_Addicted (4B0012C4)].swabarter.OnItemAdded() - "swabarter.psc" Line 34
Edited by bicobus

The error is because there are actually 2 quests that need to start - posting an updated version now that is safe to overwrite and will fix the issue in both new and existing games.

Overwrite - load the game and all should be well

An update to SWA has  been released

Skooma Whore: Addicted V3.61 (07/03/2017)

V3.61

• Fixed a bug in the updater that was preventing SWA quests from starting correctly
  • 2 weeks later...

I still have these errors when picking up skooma:

[03/20/2017 - 11:35:36AM] ERROR: Cannot call GetFactionOwner() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest swa_Addicted (4B0012C4)].swabarter.OnItemAdded() - "swabarter.psc" Line 36

This is on an "updated" game, from 3.60 to 3.61. All swa quests are running.

• 2 weeks later...

When my toon is subjected to forced drugging, why is SHE arrested instead of the person who forced the drugs upon her?

I had to dump this mod because I was tired of my toon being arrested and having items seized for being the victim of an assault.  If she's doing missions for the Thieves' Guild, these arrests cause them to fail.

When my toon is subjected to forced drugging, why is SHE arrested instead of the person who forced the drugs upon her?

I had to dump this mod because I was tired of my toon being arrested and having items seized for being the victim of an assault.  If she's doing missions for the Thieves' Guild, these arrests cause them to fail.

Because the game is all about the player.

...but the criminal justice system is all about mens rea and control.  If you have no intent to commit a crime, but, rather, have something forced upon you against your will, you have not committed a crime under the law-- at least, apart from female rape victims in Muslim nations.

...but the criminal justice system is all about mens rea and control.  If you have no intent to commit a crime, but, rather, have something forced upon you against your will, you have not committed a crime under the law-- at least, apart from female rape victims in Muslim nations.

The mod design is not intended to have any comparisons in RL - it's just Skyrim.

As designed the Junkie gets the blame not the pusher because the Junkie is stoned and the pusher isn't - and being caught in possession is a crime whether you are stoned or not...

The mod design is not intended to have any comparisons in RL - it's just Skyrim.

As designed the Junkie gets the blame not the pusher because the Junkie is stoned and the pusher isn't - and being caught in possession is a crime whether you are stoned or not...

Besides the point whether this fits or doesn't fit into Skyrim lore (I think it blends in nicely, Skyrim isn't a modern "innocent until proven guilty" society)...

Doesn't there exist a fail-safe in this mod for just this? Usually when Skooma Whore's forced drugging kicks in, the drinking drug animation added by this mod (SLSW Addicted) which alerts the guards does NOT play. Which is, as far as I know, as it should be. The only times it does play occasionally is when I have a pretty bogged down game with too much script lag in that situation, then whatever it is that prevents the animation from playing after forced drugging can at times miss what's going on think I actually took the drug from my inventory.

I hope I got that the right way around.

...but the criminal justice system is all about mens rea and control. If you have no intent to commit a crime, but, rather, have something forced upon you against your will, you have not committed a crime under the law-- at least, apart from female rape victims in Muslim nations.

The mod design is not intended to have any comparisons in RL - it's just Skyrim.

As designed the Junkie gets the blame not the pusher because the Junkie is stoned and the pusher isn't - and being caught in possession is a crime whether you are stoned or not...

Besides the point whether this fits or doesn't fit into Skyrim lore (I think it blends in nicely, Skyrim isn't a modern "innocent until proven guilty" society)...

Doesn't there exist a fail-safe in this mod for just this? Usually when Skooma Whore's forced drugging kicks in, the drinking drug animation added by this mod (SLSW Addicted) which alerts the guards does NOT play. Which is, as far as I know, as it should be. The only times it does play occasionally is when I have a pretty bogged down game with too much script lag in that situation, then whatever it is that prevents the animation from playing after forced drugging can at times miss what's going on think I actually took the drug from my inventory.

I hope I got that the right way around.

Yes you are right - SWA has a built in grace period for being force drugged in an SL scene so that you won't normally get busted in that situation - if you are suffering from substantial script lag it's possible the grace period could end before the forced drugging event completes - in which case you might get busted...