[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

Thanks to a friend who notified me that Nytoengu isn't in the xmas pack.   I have updated the xmas in July pack to include Nyotengu who was actually in a separate DLC I have.  Now she's part of the xmas collection as shown in the screenshot.  Unfortunately now the song Jingle Bell Rock is stuck in my head again :(

I hope you guys are enjoying these mods as much as I have enjoyed creating them.

Jiggly bells maybe? Lol! Thanks again TC! Hoping for the others once you debugged them. (That Marie Rose gym suit rarr!)

I had some discussion with a friend yesterday on weight assignment, and I took some time to check out the xmas in july pack that was made a while back when I still didn't have a good way to massively adjust that stuff.  I realized how abysmal some of the weight assignments were and decided to take some time to modernize the pack a little bit.  I have learned a few new tricks since the inception of this xmas pack in early July.

Change log -

Kokoro - now her outfit should move in a more synchronous manner with her chest.

Hitomi - This is a hard one to fix, but I think I made some decent improvements.   There are still some issues with animation when her arms are close to her body since there's no suitable weight to assign to the dangling piece under her arm pit, but it's not too noticeable in action

Marie - Fixed the lifted shirt now the movement is more natural and are synchronous with her chest.  No more weird lines across her chest that was visible in the old version.

I'm glad at least some of you seem to be enjoying these packs.    Judging by the lack of response, I guess there isn't much interest in this old school stuff.  Perhaps the interest in this game in general isn't there anymore.

I had some discussion with a friend yesterday on weight assignment, and I took some time to check out the xmas in july pack that was made a while back when I still didn't have a good way to massively adjust that stuff.  I realized how abysmal some of the weight assignments were and decided to take some time to modernize the pack a little bit.  I have learned a few new tricks since the inception of this xmas pack in early July.

Change log -

Kokoro - now her outfit should move in a more synchronous manner with her chest.

Hitomi - This is a hard one to fix, but I think I made some decent improvements.   There are still some issues with animation when her arms are close to her body since there's no suitable weight to assign to the dangling piece under her arm pit, but it's not too noticeable in action

Marie - Fixed the lifted shirt now the movement is more natural and are synchronous with her chest.  No more weird lines across her chest that was visible in the old version.

I'm glad at least some of you seem to be enjoying these packs.    Judging by the lack of response, I guess there isn't much interest in this old school stuff.  Perhaps the interest in this game in general isn't there anymore.

They just haven't noticed your work yet. But then, too much infamy may not be too good Timmy.

By the time I get home in two weeks this is gonna be seamless perfection by the look of it... I wouldn't be surprised if the weekend brings some fresh interest here either. Along with a few 'how do I install it?' type comments lol, but ya gotta take the rough with the smooth eh? Thanks for your work refining these anyway buddy, they were already awesome, now they're gonna be polished AND awesome. 

I'm enjoying your mods immensely!  As Siframe says, there'll probably be a little more interest over the weekend, but either way,  i know that I speak for all of us involved in this thread when I say that your mods are wonderful and we're very grateful that you're sharing them.

great work timmyc,

but dont you think a pantyless release would be a bomb,

after all pantyless ftw.

keep it up  ;)

Y'know, pantyless is the one type of mod that seems to be very difficult to find. 

I'm not experienced enough to know if it's a particularly hard kind of mod to create, but that's the only conclusion I can come to, given how many costumes it would work brilliantly with - the idols, cheerleaders, schoolgirls, to name but a few.

great work timmyc,

after all pantyless ftw.

keep it up  ;)

Y'know, pantyless is the one type of mod that seems to be very difficult to find. 

I'm not experienced enough to know if it's a particularly hard kind of mod to create, but that's the only conclusion I can come to, given how many costumes it would work brilliantly with - the idols, cheerleaders, schoolgirls, to name but a few.

This.

Thanks for sharing, Timmy! Like you, I am just getting into Blender, and most of what I know of DOA modding came from these forums.

Would you know how to associate vertices with different bones in Blender? I am working on the mod below and would like to associate the bib with the hip or thigh bone to reduce collision artifacts. For now, I've simply changed the weights, but the effect is not as clean as it could be.

I haven't used any of the blender scripts, so I am not sure what capabilities they provide, but if you are changing mesh in a dynamic fashion such that a piece of clothing is hanging some where close to limbs and/or other moving parts, you will probably want to assign weight per vertex using some kind of a nearest vertex search and just copy weight over to your modified mesh.

Thanks for the tip! I've seen a Blender plugin for transferring vertex normals, do you know if there is a similar one for vertex weights?

I haven't a clue.  I actually don't even know how to use blender.   From what I heard, it seems to still be semi difficult to handle weight with these scripts and it appears to be a lot of manual process if many vertices need to be updated.

I like modding the game from a tool making perspective and learning the more "to the metal" stuff, so I am falling behind the curve of modern advancements of DOA5 tools from seasoned tool makers lol

great work timmyc,

after all pantyless ftw.

keep it up  ;)

At the time I made these a while back, panty-less was actually simpler to make because it was hard to fit the nude body into their original panties, and you would have to be able to edit meshes.  I remember there were tools available for costume swaps, but no tools could allow edit of meshes yet.

My focus back then was to keep trying something new, so modifying non-nude mesh (costume mesh - ie. real physics pack) was it.

Just a reminder to those who are now enjoying Timmy's mods, there's an option in the first page to "follow this topic". Just press it. At least this will show Timmy your "interest in his works. Aside from thanking him this gives an incentive to him. About the panty less, either or will do. Semi clothes with minor "modifications in DLC would be awesome.

I haven't a clue.  I actually don't even know how to use blender.   From what I heard, it seems to still be semi difficult to handle weight with these scripts and it appears to be a lot of manual process if many vertices need to be updated.

I like modding the game from a tool making perspective and learning the more "to the metal" stuff, so I am falling behind the curve of modern advancements of DOA5 tools from seasoned tool makers lol

From what I've seen so far, the scripts are pretty much just used to add an import/export plugin to the game.

I played around with Blender a bit more, and assigning vertex weights can be done by painting the vertices. The manual processes don't seem to be needed 90% of the time.

It's amazing how far DOA modding has come, thanks to the efforts and toolchains of pioneers like you :)